pauls jonass MXGP 2019

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2018 11:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 11:49 AM

Thoughts?

MXlarge: Obviously if you win the championship for a second year you have to move up. Is that talked about yet, what you will do?

Jonass: Actually, we are already talking about moving to the big bike. For sure if I win the championship I have to move up, but anyway, we were planning to move up. I have already ordered a 450 from KTM, so I can practice a little on the 450, like I did in the winter, so I can get a little bit stronger.

MXlarge: So, you will move up no matter what?

Jonass: At the moment it looks like that, yes. I would not say definitely, but I would say 90% yes.

its from mxlarge.com but some here hate to click the site.wink
|

6/5/2018 12:02 PM

if he moves up next season , i think Coldenhoff is done at KTM ..dont see them running 4 bikes in MXGP ( dont even know if its allowed) but hey if he wamts to move up , good for him i think he could do well .. riders who moved up in last years did pretty good and he could be one of them next season

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

6/5/2018 12:08 PM

RichardLoots wrote:

if he moves up next season , i think Coldenhoff is done at KTM ..dont see them running 4 bikes in MXGP ( dont even know if its ...more

Yeah i thought the same thing, i see coldenhoff riding for another team next year.

|

6/5/2018 12:14 PM

RichardLoots wrote:

if he moves up next season , i think Coldenhoff is done at KTM ..dont see them running 4 bikes in MXGP ( dont even know if its ...more

PastranaWho wrote:

Yeah i thought the same thing, i see coldenhoff riding for another team next year.

It is legal if the team is positioned correctly. As of now the rule is a team infrastructure can enter three riders in either MX2 or MXGP...or a mix.

As of now it's Factory Red Bull KTM (KTM's own team, priorly MX2 only): Jeffrey Herlings MXGP, Pauls Jonass MX2, Glen Coldenhoff MXGP

DeCarli Red Bull KTM (Cladio DeCarli's team, prior MXGP only): Antonio Cairoli MXGP and Jorge Prado MX2

There's room if they position one more with DeCarli's effort. Either moving Glenn back to that effort (as he was prior) or moving the next MX2 rider there.

Although, as mentioned, running four factory entries in MXGP seems unlikely...

|

6/5/2018 12:23 PM

Will be interesting to see who they sign for MX2 alongside Prado.
Last year it looked like Geerts would end up there on day. Now on a Yamaha though.
In 2 years they will have to make room for Rene Hofer probably

|

6/5/2018 12:35 PM

What is the benefit of a rule limiting the number of riders a team can have? If KTM wanted to sponsor and enter 10 riders, shouldn't they be permitted to do so?

|

6/5/2018 12:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 12:40 PM

ga_pike wrote:

What is the benefit of a rule limiting the number of riders a team can have? If KTM wanted to sponsor and enter 10 riders, ...more

With startgate available for purchase, Every team has a limited number of riders at the startgate. KTM would just make 3 teams then and spread the riders. Just like they do right now. Everyone has to pay for participation. I forgot how much it was, but I`m sure teams has to pay too.
You can`t just show up and race. You need a team. And then there are wild cards for host country.

|

6/5/2018 12:40 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

Last year it looked like Geerts would end up there on day. ...more

Mikkel Haarup that kid is impressive.

|

6/5/2018 1:09 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

PastranaWho wrote:

This! It would be so cool to have two Danes in the two very best teams in the paddoc cool

|

6/5/2018 2:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 2:11 PM

Dumbass question: is he gonna pay for that 450 he ordered by his own money? laughing

|

6/5/2018 2:14 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

PastranaWho wrote:

DP#201 wrote:

This! It would be so cool to have two Danes in the two very best teams in the paddoc cool

Don't worry that kid is gonna land on a good team. But I'm guessing that he will stay with husky and go to their MX2 team.
I believe Covington ages out next year. Or maybe he has one more year left

|

6/5/2018 2:16 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

PastranaWho wrote:

He's already sort of on the Ice One Husky team so not sure if there's the need to move him. Maybe Rene Hofer will go straight to MX2 instead of EMX250?

|

6/5/2018 3:07 PM

I would of thought the teams would be looking at Beaton, not sure now though

|

6/5/2018 10:12 PM

Happy for the kid, looking forward to see him on a 450..

Word on the street in Holland is Coldenhoff is gonna replace Anstie who is out with Husky after this year.

Coldenhoff is having a offer from the Wilvo Yamaha guys to, but rather stays on a factory bike. Wich is normal i think, not that the Yamaha is bad..

Henry Jacobi would be a good replacement for Jonass IMO, has made big steps this year on a small german team. Can still ride the mx2 class for 2 years! Put him on a factory bike and the Cairoli program like Prado and you have a frontrunner every time.

Jet Beaton is close to re sign his deal with the F&H kawi team, Dutch magazine came out last friday and thats What the team manager said!

|

6/5/2018 10:18 PM

Bidirella wrote:

Word on the street in Holland is Coldenhoff is gonna replace Anstie ...more

Hmmm, just personal opinion but I feel like there's more potential and upside with Anstie over Coldenhoff.

|

6/5/2018 10:20 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

Don't worry that kid is gonna land on a good team. But I'm guessing that he will stay with husky and go to their MX2 team.
I ...more

Covington could stay one more year in MX2 but there's been a lot of talk that he'll come back to the US for 2019 due to an opening/opportunity at Rockstar Husky over here.

|

6/6/2018 12:39 AM

Bidirella wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Hmmm, just personal opinion but I feel like there's more potential and upside with Anstie over Coldenhoff.

Interesting to read he has the chance to go to Husky or Wilvo. I thought he would be a good fit at Standing Construct. Has a nice history with the team but it went sideways with his suzuki deal. He had a contract with Suzuki and Standing had problems with them, so they parted ways but were always on good terms. Coldenhoff at Standing Construct with his old mechanic would be gold IMO. Coldenhoff has a solid season though. A good top 10 rider with some chances of getting a podium on a good day. Plus he is very good in representing his sponsors

|

6/6/2018 1:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2018 1:05 AM

Bidirella wrote:

So that would mean Tonus out of a ride at Wilvo? Iirc Simpson and Seewer have multi year deals.

Not sure if i would let go Anstie if i am Husky.

Coldenhoff should have no issues getting a ride, guy is having a good season. In this form he'd challenge for wins 2 years ago (no herlings and tc222 injured).

As for mx2 and KTM, how about Sanaye? He has shown he can get the podiums, just unlucky with injuries.

|

6/6/2018 1:06 AM

Hasn't there been talk about Hofer going straight from EMX125 to MX2 and Jonass spot when he steps up to the 450 for 2019?

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

6/6/2018 1:21 AM

Has Conrad Mewes got a 2 year deal? His results were good at the start of the season but he's barely scoring points at the moment.

|

6/6/2018 1:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2018 1:24 AM

Why would you choose Coldenhoff over Anstie?

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

6/6/2018 2:09 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Better results maybe?

|

6/6/2018 3:33 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Coldenhoff has delivered good speed and results lately even running top4. Anstie seems not to recover from crash he took earlier this season. Same goes to Haarup he havent get results everyone were talking before season started with Factory bike. Strijbos might be out after not great season and they gould get more help from KTM is Coldenhoff or someone from KTM joins there.
I think Tonus have contract for next year running Wilvo Yamaha another year.

|

6/6/2018 3:36 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Jefro98 wrote:

Better results maybe?

Yes, better overall rider. Anstie will be faster on his good days, but every year he got some weird period with bad results.

This year Anstie isnt the best and Coldenhoff kind of rock solid so far...

|

6/6/2018 3:38 AM

Seems like Seewer and Tonus have contract with Wilvo next year. Simpson deal is up

|

6/6/2018 4:44 AM

Bidirella wrote:

Yep Jacobis contract is due at the end of 2018 as far as I know.
Would be cool to see him land on a factory team. I know 2 years ago he was thinking of retiring as a professional rider because he was struggling to get results. Turned it around bigtime the last 2 years

|

6/6/2018 12:11 PM

Jacobi said recently he has one more year on Husky. Tonus and Seewer have a year left i think.

|

I HATE FOURSTROKES
www.racelife.se