pain killers?

willmoto
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 11:41pm
got a busted elbow a few weeks ago and was just wondering what painkilllers were best with work. climbing ladders and steep areas on homes are wicked on vicoden
|
72kiteboarder
9/6/2006 7:17am
Naproxen is pretty good and easy on the gut. Stay away from too much tylenol or Ibuprofin. They are good but too much for too long is bad.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/6/2006 8:34am
My guess is you shouldn't be climbing ladders with a broken elbow...with or without pain meds. Wink
dirtbunny
9/6/2006 10:45am
Ouch! Not sure what brands naproxen is in, but it will help. Sometimes motrin or advil are good alternatives. Sounds like icing the elbow in your down times might reduce any swelling.

Good luck, and stay away from the vicodin as much as possible. That stuff's rough on ya!
BIGDESTO
9/6/2006 10:52am
dirtbunny wrote:
Ouch! Not sure what brands naproxen is in, but it will help. Sometimes motrin or advil are good alternatives. Sounds like icing the elbow in your...
Ouch! Not sure what brands naproxen is in, but it will help. Sometimes motrin or advil are good alternatives. Sounds like icing the elbow in your down times might reduce any swelling.

Good luck, and stay away from the vicodin as much as possible. That stuff's rough on ya!
Whatever you do don't be mixing VICS w/ ibuprofin, can shut down your liver!

Norco is a pain blocker, suppose to block the pain signals to your brain!

Darvocet,percocett,loricett,vics all will effect your motor skills!

Shit you should read the warning labels on all my Diabetes pills i takeWoohooWink

Post edited by: BIGDESTO, at: 2006/09/06 17:53

The Shop

Big Jay
9/6/2006 12:35pm
GuyB wrote:
My guess is you shouldn't be climbing ladders with a broken elbow...with or without pain meds. Wink
GuyB wrote:

I would second that, but naproxen is more of an Antiinflamitory. You can try taking Aleve Two in the morning and two at night but make sure you eat a little bit before taking. Just my 2 cents. Cool
ddog558
9/6/2006 2:08pm
Ultram is right in the middle. Lower dosage than Vicodin, but higher than Iboprofen, etc.

Ive been on it for a few days, and havent seen any affect of motor skills or disorientation.

BUT, with a broken elbow and pain meds, please stay off of the ladder, you may end up worse off than you already are.
willmoto
9/6/2006 7:44pm
ddog558 wrote:
Ultram is right in the middle. Lower dosage than Vicodin, but higher than Iboprofen, etc. Ive been on it for a few days, and havent seen...
Ultram is right in the middle. Lower dosage than Vicodin, but higher than Iboprofen, etc.

Ive been on it for a few days, and havent seen any affect of motor skills or disorientation.

BUT, with a broken elbow and pain meds, please stay off of the ladder, you may end up worse off than you already are.
thanksI think i`ll just stick with the tylenol at work, I broke off the end of my elbow ,so its not as bad as its sounds . they just safety wired it back on. like in a one hour surgery.your allowed to move it. now the sore ribs and back are the real killers
willmoto
9/7/2006 11:44am
ddog558 wrote:
Ultram is right in the middle. Lower dosage than Vicodin, but higher than Iboprofen, etc. Ive been on it for a few days, and havent seen...

willmoto wrote:
thanksI think i`ll just stick with the tylenol at work, I broke off the end of my elbow ,so its not as bad as its sounds...
thanksI think i`ll just stick with the tylenol at work, I broke off the end of my elbow ,so its not as bad as its sounds . they just safety wired it back on. like in a one hour surgery.your allowed to move it. now the sore ribs and back are the real killers
ask the doctor today the same question and amazingly received the same advice as you guys. ultram it is(also don`t screw up that elbow,BOY)
jmc2
Fantasy
1626th
9/8/2006 5:04am
ddog558 wrote:

willmoto wrote:
thanksI think i`ll just stick with the tylenol at work, I broke off the end of my elbow ,so its not as bad as its sounds...
willmoto wrote:
ask the doctor today the same question and amazingly received the same advice as you guys. ultram it is(also don`t screw up that elbow,BOY)
After breaking a few ribs last Monday the Dr. presrcribed Hydrocodone and he mentioned it helps quite a bit for pain regarding broken bones, tooth aches, etc,...but can cause drowsiness.
YZmom
9/14/2006 11:57am
GuyB wrote:
Big Jay wrote:
[b]GuyB wrote:[/b] [quote]My guess is you shouldn't be climbing ladders with a broken elbow...with or without pain meds. ;)[/quote] I would second that, but naproxen is...
GuyB wrote:

I would second that, but naproxen is more of an Antiinflamitory. You can try taking Aleve Two in the morning and two at night but make sure you eat a little bit before taking. Just my 2 cents. Cool
Big Jay wrote:
GuyB wrote:
[quote]My guess is you shouldn't be climbing ladders with a broken elbow...with or without pain meds. Wink

I would second that, but naproxen is more of an Antiinflamitory. You can try taking Aleve Two in the morning and two at night but make sure you eat a little bit before taking. Just my 2 cents. Cool [/quote]

Naproxen and Aleve are the same drug. Naproxen is the generic name and Aleve is the Brand Name. They, like Ibuprofen are NSAIDs. Non Steroidal Anit Inflammatory Drug. None of these types of drugs are good on your liver if taken for an extended period of time.
BIGDESTO
9/14/2006 1:44pm
GuyB wrote:
Big Jay wrote:
[b]GuyB wrote:[/b] [quote]My guess is you shouldn't be climbing ladders with a broken elbow...with or without pain meds. ;)[/quote] I would second that, but naproxen is...
GuyB wrote:

YZmom wrote:
[b]Big Jay wrote:[/b] [quote][b]GuyB wrote:[/b] [quote]My guess is you shouldn't be climbing ladders with a broken elbow...with or without pain meds. ;)[/quote] I would second that...
Big Jay wrote:
GuyB wrote:
[quote]My guess is you shouldn't be climbing ladders with a broken elbow...with or without pain meds. Wink

I would second that, but naproxen is more of an Antiinflamitory. You can try taking Aleve Two in the morning and two at night but make sure you eat a little bit before taking. Just my 2 cents. Cool [/quote]

Naproxen and Aleve are the same drug. Naproxen is the generic name and Aleve is the Brand Name. They, like Ibuprofen are NSAIDs. Non Steroidal Anit Inflammatory Drug. None of these types of drugs are good on your liver if taken for an extended period of time.
Will, Was it your ocanaium?(tip of elbow), i broke mine and thought i'd just be in a cast.Surgery- 1 long & 1 short pin (looked like an allen wrench) & wire..

Post a reply to: pain killers?

The Latest