othg race

yzjs7
Edited Date/Time 8/20/2014 10:18am
My evaluation races are complete. My second race took place today at hollister California. Fun track but could have used some more water but understandable considering were in a drought. First moto I sucked and tipped over and ended up fifth out of eight. Second moto I got into fourth and ended up third due to the leader going down on the last lap. Some sandbaggers out there for sure but I had a healthy happy day and that's all that matters. So it's safe to say it kind of rained yellow. Shout out to my fellow vital buddy who said hello. Hope you had a great day as well.
|
Teddy240
8/18/2014 9:29am
yzjs7 wrote:
My evaluation races are complete. My second race took place today at hollister California. Fun track but could have used some more water but understandable considering...
My evaluation races are complete. My second race took place today at hollister California. Fun track but could have used some more water but understandable considering were in a drought. First moto I sucked and tipped over and ended up fifth out of eight. Second moto I got into fourth and ended up third due to the leader going down on the last lap. Some sandbaggers out there for sure but I had a healthy happy day and that's all that matters. So it's safe to say it kind of rained yellow. Shout out to my fellow vital buddy who said hello. Hope you had a great day as well.
Awesome! You where out at Hollister? I was racing in the support class. The second moto was definitely a dry one. Unfortunately, all the promoters are restricted half the water supply this summer compared to the winter months, but at least they still are giving it an effort to keep us riding!
b8res
8/18/2014 10:59am
yzjs7 wrote:
My evaluation races are complete. My second race took place today at hollister California. Fun track but could have used some more water but understandable considering...
Your 7 gear was a dead give away at the riders meeting! I did get to watch your first moto start! Yea,the track is killer has such a nice flow.

There was 2 eval riders in my class as well, one of the guys flat ass checked out! I went 1-2 for a 2 on the day!

It was nice meeting you! See you around!

OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
8/18/2014 11:56am
Last weeks OTHG REM moto with the "on board" camera and commentary from my pal Jeff Blix. Takes him a few laps to get into full commentary mode. Cool

Ardfarkl
8/18/2014 12:05pm
Looks like a good track for vintage bikes.

The Shop

OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
8/18/2014 2:13pm
Ardfarkl wrote:
Holy Smokes....I'm impressed, spelled all the words correctly......that's really good for a Texan.
centralcalmx
Fantasy
84th
8/18/2014 2:31pm
Rode practice Saturday. Corky and Jack did a good job considering the water issues.
Be there Thursday afternoon next week to set up for the National.
Shod have about 30 riders on my gate.

Jimmy you making the trip?
Chucky?
Any of the cool G's?
mark_swart
8/18/2014 3:41pm
Is that what they call a "vet" track?
(No, I'm not being a smartass, I'm 41 years old, I've just never ridden anywhere that has a vet track.)
JM485
8/18/2014 3:45pm
Go RY100!!!Woohoo
yzjs7
8/18/2014 4:01pm
yzjs7 wrote:
b8res wrote:
Your 7 gear was a dead give away at the riders meeting! I did get to watch your first moto start! Yea,the track is killer has...
Your 7 gear was a dead give away at the riders meeting! I did get to watch your first moto start! Yea,the track is killer has such a nice flow.

There was 2 eval riders in my class as well, one of the guys flat ass checked out! I went 1-2 for a 2 on the day!

Ya that start was horrible in the first moto. I tried starting in 2nd gear second moto but was late out of the gate. Was cool to meet you I'm glad you came up to me,there was one other dude in sven gear out there too. To Teddy, you guys in the support class were on the gas,I was in awe. I'm hoping to be able to make it to the national but it's more money and I know they'll want me to have the correct number plates as well.
peelout
8/18/2014 4:06pm
Ardfarkl wrote:
OW38B wrote:
Holy Smokes....I'm impressed, spelled all the words correctly......that's really good for a Texan.
all 7 words...
b8res
8/18/2014 4:29pm
yzjs7 wrote:
b8res wrote:
Your 7 gear was a dead give away at the riders meeting! I did get to watch your first moto start! Yea,the track is killer has...

yzjs7 wrote:
Ya that start was horrible in the first moto. I tried starting in 2nd gear second moto but was late out of the gate. Was cool...
Ya that start was horrible in the first moto. I tried starting in 2nd gear second moto but was late out of the gate. Was cool to meet you I'm glad you came up to me,there was one other dude in sven gear out there too. To Teddy, you guys in the support class were on the gas,I was in awe. I'm hoping to be able to make it to the national but it's more money and I know they'll want me to have the correct number plates as well.
If I'm not mistaken you need to have (2) qualifing race (not as a eval) before you can race the OTHG National.....check with your club VP. I think the first moto you wheelied pretty good out of the gate.

As for the numbers, go the easy way RMATV great price for under $50.00 your set!

There was a guy on a YZ125 that was hauling the mail in the support class! 86?? I think that was his number on the back of his jesery... kid was on fire!

See you at the next race....
OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
8/18/2014 10:00pm
mark_swart wrote:
Is that what they call a "vet" track? (No, I'm not being a smartass, I'm 41 years old, I've just never ridden anywhere that has a...
Is that what they call a "vet" track?
(No, I'm not being a smartass, I'm 41 years old, I've just never ridden anywhere that has a vet track.)
REM is not considered a "vet track", though normally it does not have doubles so some would incorrectly think of it as more of a vet type of track.

Many think it is harder to race than the main Glen Helen track though most that think that way are on 450cc four strokes. Laughing
captmoto
8/18/2014 11:49pm
I have a harder time on the REM track but I don't have as much time on it as some people.
Ardfarkl
8/19/2014 5:49am
Ardfarkl wrote:
OW38B wrote:
I have my moments, but stil say it looks like it would be a blast on my 465.
OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
8/19/2014 9:04am
Rode practice Saturday. Corky and Jack did a good job considering the water issues. Be there Thursday afternoon next week to set up for the National...
Rode practice Saturday. Corky and Jack did a good job considering the water issues.
Be there Thursday afternoon next week to set up for the National.
Shod have about 30 riders on my gate.

Jimmy you making the trip?
Chucky?
Any of the cool G's?
I not going to be able to make the 300 mile trip, bummed as I really like the Hollister track and all the OTHG Bay Chapter people.Sad

Quite a few other South chapter guys are going......but they not be as cool as Chucky and I. Laughing
Teddy240
8/19/2014 9:14am
b8res wrote:

yzjs7 wrote:
Ya that start was horrible in the first moto. I tried starting in 2nd gear second moto but was late out of the gate. Was cool...
b8res wrote:
If I'm not mistaken you need to have (2) qualifing race (not as a eval) before you can race the OTHG National.....check with your club VP...
If I'm not mistaken you need to have (2) qualifing race (not as a eval) before you can race the OTHG National.....check with your club VP. I think the first moto you wheelied pretty good out of the gate.

As for the numbers, go the easy way RMATV great price for under $50.00 your set!

There was a guy on a YZ125 that was hauling the mail in the support class! 86?? I think that was his number on the back of his jesery... kid was on fire!

See you at the next race....
Jake Osbourne was railing that 125
NorcalVet
8/19/2014 10:12am
Nbd
Just call your chapter's race director

Re races/ qualification to race the Holister national
and just make some temp plates and #'s Whistling

OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
8/20/2014 10:18am
captmoto wrote:
I have a harder time on the REM track but I don't have as much time on it as some people.
"Capt" you are not the first person I've heard say that.

Two strokes seem to be a tad easier to ride on the REM track than a big 4 stroke. Cool

Post a reply to: othg race

The Latest