only 34 entries at Foxborough?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/24/2018 5:51 AM

Seemed like a lot of empty gates in both classes...

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

4/24/2018 6:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2018 6:27 AM

I think it was 35 But one guy in the 250 class forgot his gear bag and Levi's are not allowed.

|

4/24/2018 10:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2018 10:46 AM

Don't participants always taper off towards the end of the season? Between injuries, getting ready for outdoors, and the coast to coast travel some riders might not think its worth it. Isn't that largely how Vicki Golden made the night show at Vegas a few years ago? whistling

|

4/24/2018 11:02 AM

RoflCopter726 wrote:

Don't participants always taper off towards the end of the season? Between injuries, getting ready for outdoors, and the coast to coast travel some riders might not think its worth it. Isn't that largely how Vicki Golden made the night show at Vegas a few years ago? whistling

Generally, yes.

A lot of spectators forgot to show up, too.

|

4/24/2018 11:04 AM

22is all we ask for!

|

4/24/2018 11:15 AM

RoflCopter726 wrote:

Don't participants always taper off towards the end of the season? Between injuries, getting ready for outdoors, and the coast to coast travel some riders might not think its worth it. Isn't that largely how Vicki Golden made the night show at Vegas a few years ago? whistling

GuyB wrote:

Generally, yes.

A lot of spectators forgot to show up, too.

Championship done there has been very little to see lately. When MXGP season started that made SX look clown show.
After offseason at january everything seems more interesting because everyone missing dirtbikes and championship is still anyones to take.

|

4/24/2018 11:37 AM

RoflCopter726 wrote:

Don't participants always taper off towards the end of the season? Between injuries, getting ready for outdoors, and the coast to coast travel some riders might not think its worth it. Isn't that largely how Vicki Golden made the night show at Vegas a few years ago? whistling

GuyB wrote:

Generally, yes.

A lot of spectators forgot to show up, too.

But those TV commentators say "sold out crowd" every damn show! lol

#confirmationBias

|

4/24/2018 11:41 AM

tek14 wrote:

Championship done there has been very little to see lately. When MXGP season started that made SX look clown show.
After offseason at january everything seems more interesting because everyone missing dirtbikes and championship is still anyones to take.

Most of the guys who are dropping out, were never competing for the championship, so I don't think that's it.

The last full 450 gate was at Indianapolis on March 24. (51 riders, compared to 35 at Foxborough.)

Here is who was missing:
Webb
Tickle
Ronnie Stewart
Marquier
Champion
Merriam
Howell
McKinney
Gourley
Lilly
Tapia
Bryce Stewart
Autenreith
Braden
Redman
Walker
Alford
Karnow
Vanbuskirk
722
Mages
Telker

Then there were a few guys in Foxborough that weren't at Indy:
Barcia
Tedder
Ray
Sterritt
Pulley
Ryan Smith (in his Levis)

|

4/24/2018 11:47 AM

stiksandstones wrote:

But those TV commentators say "sold out crowd" every damn show! lol

#confirmationBias

They're saying #souled-out. You're just hearing something different. wink

#talkingpoints

|

4/24/2018 12:18 PM

GuyB wrote:

Generally, yes.

A lot of spectators forgot to show up, too.

Attendance looked decent on TV, did they say it was a sell-out? The highest level was obviously closed to seating.

|