new mildenhall

i wasn't too excited about the revamp as this has been my fav track since i started racing in 96 but things are looking good
|
6/20/2018 10:29am
I see this on their FB page, I didn't watch all the video but did they mention about bringing more sand in because when I went there in the late 90's it was quite deep sand, pretty much hard park in the summer now.
6/20/2018 12:21pm
Barclay is there who did matterly and a few gp tracks should be interesting, I was riding when stu Nunn put the sand on and the whoops
6/20/2018 1:51pm
Cool that they have Barclay on it, he knows his stuff, although being a practice track I guess they will have to keep it quite safe.
Neo78
6/26/2018 5:14am
Is the revamp completed?

The Shop

Neo78
6/27/2018 4:11am
Just subscribed to EBB's channel , for updates

Cheers
OtotheB178
6/27/2018 4:28am
Barclay didn't do matterly that was Johnny Douglas Hamilton, he also did that fantastic track at the isle of wight. Barclay was the official track dude at the GP's for a long time and he is brilliant on the machine. he runs Cusses Gorse which was nicknamed "mini Matterly" though. The revamp should be good and it's good to see someone putting money into the UK scene rather than just taking it out of it!
plowboy
6/27/2018 4:25pm
Holy cow am I old. I was stationed at Mildenhall RAFB from '77-80. The track used to be in the church common in my back garden (I lived in Beck Row). Google maps shows that area completely swallowed by housing now. I used to ride the crap out of that place (when the sheep weren't there). The other hot spot was the sand pits by Lakenheath. Wish this new place was there when I was. Is Fen speedway still operating?
6/27/2018 11:26pm
plowboy wrote:
Holy cow am I old. I was stationed at Mildenhall RAFB from '77-80. The track used to be in the church common in my back garden...
Holy cow am I old. I was stationed at Mildenhall RAFB from '77-80. The track used to be in the church common in my back garden (I lived in Beck Row). Google maps shows that area completely swallowed by housing now. I used to ride the crap out of that place (when the sheep weren't there). The other hot spot was the sand pits by Lakenheath. Wish this new place was there when I was. Is Fen speedway still operating?
yea there's a speedway stadium very close to the mx track 'fen tigers' race there not sure if it's still the same as then?
Beck row is pretty much all houses for the lakenheath base
6/28/2018 10:10am
OtotheB178 wrote:
Barclay didn't do matterly that was Johnny Douglas Hamilton, he also did that fantastic track at the isle of wight. Barclay was the official track dude...
Barclay didn't do matterly that was Johnny Douglas Hamilton, he also did that fantastic track at the isle of wight. Barclay was the official track dude at the GP's for a long time and he is brilliant on the machine. he runs Cusses Gorse which was nicknamed "mini Matterly" though. The revamp should be good and it's good to see someone putting money into the UK scene rather than just taking it out of it!
Good point, thanks for the reminder
Looking like a good change, there goes my advantage from 20+ years of laps Smile
Hope they open again soon, dustracks is past its best
Snapper
6/28/2018 11:34am
OtotheB178 wrote:
Barclay didn't do matterly that was Johnny Douglas Hamilton, he also did that fantastic track at the isle of wight. Barclay was the official track dude...
If I could have put your last sentence in bold I would have, quite refreshing to see this type of investment when tracks that pull in 200 riders a week in some areas get harrowed and a watering can of water laid down each week and is supposedly 'mint'.

Planning to get over there in a few weeks once the hype dies down a bit, opening up the corners will make a huge difference.

Post a reply to: new mildenhall

The Latest