need ohlins 15999-01

Related:
Create New Tag

3/16/2020 11:58 AM

anyone know where i can find a ohlins service kti part number 15999-01 for the rxf forks? ohlins is out of stock

|

3/16/2020 12:35 PM

I'm 99% sure you can use the 48mm WP service kit. The only part I'd question is the upper guide bushing, can't remember if it's the 12mm bushing like the WP forks or the 15mm like the KYB sss forks. Pretty sure it's the 12mm and the only other difference is the Ohlins SKF's are dyed blue where the WP are orange.

|

3/16/2020 12:53 PM

thanks slipdog!! i know the ohlins rep said i could use kyb sss seals and wpers, but didnt say about the bushings.... i would prefer to replace the bushings while i am in there, so i can order a set of the upper kyb bushings just in case the wp's are not correct

|

3/16/2020 1:22 PM

slipdog wrote:

I'm 99% sure you can use the 48mm WP service kit. The only part I'd question is the upper guide bushing, can't remember if it's the 12mm bushing like the WP forks or the 15mm like the KYB sss forks. Pretty sure it's the 12mm and the only other difference is the Ohlins SKF's are dyed blue where the WP are orange.

if i pull them apart tonight and post measurements from the bushings you can confirm which ones i need please sir?

|

3/16/2020 1:23 PM

jonboy688 wrote:

thanks slipdog!! i know the ohlins rep said i could use kyb sss seals and wpers, but didnt say about the bushings.... i would prefer to replace the bushings while i am in there, so i can order a set of the upper kyb bushings just in case the wp's are not correct

The lower bushings are definitely the same as KYB, uppers are either the YZ(15mm) or from the '02+ KX 250(12mm) and yes the KYB seals and wipers will work in them too if you're not hung up on using SKF.

|

3/16/2020 1:30 PM

jonboy688 wrote:

thanks slipdog!! i know the ohlins rep said i could use kyb sss seals and wpers, but didnt say about the bushings.... i would prefer to replace the bushings while i am in there, so i can order a set of the upper kyb bushings just in case the wp's are not correct

slipdog wrote:

The lower bushings are definitely the same as KYB, uppers are either the YZ(15mm) or from the '02+ KX 250(12mm) and yes the KYB seals and wipers will work in them too if you're not hung up on using SKF.

i was checking a thread of yours where you said the skf were weaping on your personal forks after a few rides, i know the skf provides less friction, i would rather have better sealing... so would you recommend the factory yamaha seals or the skf options?

|

3/16/2020 1:58 PM

Definitely waiting for an answer wether the bushings from a KYB will work. I'm overseas right now and trying to order a kit so I can rebuild these same forks when i get back.

|

3/16/2020 2:02 PM

gscx wrote:

Definitely waiting for an answer wether the bushings from a KYB will work. I'm overseas right now and trying to order a kit so I can rebuild these same forks when i get back.

i will take mine apart tonight and post some pictures and measurements of the bushings

|

3/16/2020 4:06 PM

Would you replace these bushings?



Photo
Photo

|

3/16/2020 4:23 PM

So if I'm reading this right, a seal and bushing kit for a current gen yzf will fit these rxf48 forks?

|

3/16/2020 4:40 PM

gscx wrote:

So if I'm reading this right, a seal and bushing kit for a current gen yzf will fit these rxf48 forks?

Straight from ohlins today about the seals and wipers. He didn’t say on the bushings. But I believe slipdog
Can confirm once he sees the measurements

|

3/16/2020 4:42 PM

I can’t believe how small the dampener rod is compared to a 49mm Showa or even the older shows stuff.

|

3/16/2020 4:47 PM

Yes, those are the Current YZ seals and bushings. Order a complete kit for a 2020 YZF from your local Yamaha shop and it should be less than $50. Ohlins, WP and KYB have their tubes made to spec from the same manufacturer so That's why there's KYB parts that will interchange between all 3.

|

3/16/2020 4:53 PM

jonboy688 wrote:

i was checking a thread of yours where you said the skf were weaping on your personal forks after a few rides, i know the skf provides less friction, i would rather have better sealing... so would you recommend the factory yamaha seals or the skf options?

I tend to see more weeping from the SKF but some people swear they never have issues. Performance-wise the '08 and earlier KYB seal has a dual spring set up and a bit more noticeable sliding stiction than the '09+ single spring seal and IMO the SKF is about the same amount better than the '09 KYB as it is from the '08.

|

3/16/2020 5:05 PM

Awesome! Thanks for this. This makes things so much easier than dealing with Ohlins.

|

3/16/2020 5:12 PM

jonboy688 wrote:

Would you replace these bushings?



Photo
Photo

I would!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

3/17/2020 7:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/17/2020 7:08 PM

Pretty sure I got these bushings off the Mx-Tech site and maybe Dean Burke another time. I forget.
But here’s part numbers none the less
Photo
Photo

|

3/18/2020 4:57 AM

daboza27 wrote:

Pretty sure I got these bushings off the Mx-Tech site and maybe Dean Burke another time. I forget.
But here’s part numbers none the less
Photo
Photo

awesome!!! thanks for the heads up... i ended up going with a oem yamaha seal and bushing kit

|

4/13/2020 6:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2020 6:43 AM

slipdog wrote:

I'm 99% sure you can use the 48mm WP service kit. The only part I'd question is the upper guide bushing, can't remember if it's the 12mm bushing like the WP forks or the 15mm like the KYB sss forks. Pretty sure it's the 12mm and the only other difference is the Ohlins SKF's are dyed blue where the WP are orange.

slipdog,

are all three showa 49mm forks the same? between the kawi, honda and suzuki? far as seals and bushings?
i would assume that they would be, but i am finding different part numbers between the three on a/m kits

reason i ask is that the honda oem seals, wipers and bushings are alot cheaper then the suzuki and kawi, and didnt know if all three would interchange or not

|

4/13/2020 7:11 AM

slipdog wrote:

I'm 99% sure you can use the 48mm WP service kit. The only part I'd question is the upper guide bushing, can't remember if it's the 12mm bushing like the WP forks or the 15mm like the KYB sss forks. Pretty sure it's the 12mm and the only other difference is the Ohlins SKF's are dyed blue where the WP are orange.

jonboy688 wrote:

slipdog,

are all three showa 49mm forks the same? between the kawi, honda and suzuki? far as seals and bushings?
i would assume that they would be, but i am finding different part numbers between the three on a/m kits

reason i ask is that the honda oem seals, wipers and bushings are alot cheaper then the suzuki and kawi, and didnt know if all three would interchange or not

Yes, they are the same. Honda is always the cheapest when buying OEM. Same with the older 47mm twin-chamber Showa parts shared by Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki.

|