need help with takeoff ramp

hillbilly
Edited Date/Time 11/11/2013 7:45pm
Hey ole salty bastards,

I am going to jump a bunch of cars or pickups on cinder blocks at the local fair next year.

About 200 ft is going to be the lengthof airtime, that is 387 ft Florida measure for those that been here a while.

I want a ramp to lauch from so i can measure up and move it back as i practice runs.

The ramp need to unbolt for hauling to next site if i live past the 1st one,har

If someone knows someone. That has a buddy with a girlfriend that used to date a guy,,,blah blah,

Seriously, gonna do this, so if there is a place where some long jumper practices i would fly or drive there to look and learn

Back in 87 or 88 i got backing from a local business man and did a sx at the fairgrounds and jumped cars at it,

These country people here would love it ,I am just getting logistics started but the ramp is a key piece.

And, is gman and teggers ok?
|
hillbilly
11/6/2013 1:14pm
And,i can build anything,so if a sketch or crude plans exist that would be rad

But,to talk to a jumper about angle. And transitions would be dope
peelout
11/6/2013 1:26pm
your pics look pretty good but your going to want more lift than an old moonshine vat and piping. i suggest adding some 2x4's and some metal siding for the fac. and defo put some sweet SIK or Mulisha stickers on it for more gription
11/6/2013 1:37pm Edited Date/Time 11/6/2013 1:38pm
peelout wrote:
your pics look pretty good but your going to want more lift than an old moonshine vat and piping. i suggest adding some 2x4's and some...
your pics look pretty good but your going to want more lift than an old moonshine vat and piping. i suggest adding some 2x4's and some metal siding for the fac. and defo put some sweet SIK or Mulisha stickers on it for more gription
You're on a roll today, I can't stop laughing.

You might as well go super crazy and get a corkscrew kicker that way you barrel roll your ass the whole way across the jump. Bitches love that shit! They'll tear your clothes and dick off.

Well, get the weight of the car. Use the formula D=Rate*time, figure out a good angle that will sail you nicely. You can figure this jump out with math all day. The formula 1 guys could probably get you doing 8 barrel rolls and a backflip in, not only once...but three times.
slipdog
11/6/2013 1:50pm
To get the proper trajectory, you must first solve for X.

Originally, I was having a difficult time finding the answer then it hit me.

This is what I suspect the final product should look like.

The Shop

JM485
11/6/2013 1:56pm
slipdog wrote:
To get the proper trajectory, you must first solve for X. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/11/06/35955/s1200_image.jpg[/img] Originally, I was having a difficult time finding the answer then it hit me...
To get the proper trajectory, you must first solve for X.

Originally, I was having a difficult time finding the answer then it hit me.

This is what I suspect the final product should look like.

I'm fricken rolling!!! The second picture is priceless.

On a serious not, search Sine law on google, that should help with the ramp trajectory.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
11/6/2013 2:10pm
No mention of a landing ramp, awesome. Whens the jump and can you film it please ?
11/6/2013 2:13pm
Haha I got bored. I have a test over some basic physics. So here is the velocity of your ball rolling down the incline plane Solved by using dynamics.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
11/6/2013 4:53pm
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I have a Westinghouse barometer for sale.
It measures barometric pressure, precipitation, humidity, temperature, also measures cloudiness, polar orbiting, geostationary satellites, doppler radar, high altitude moisture, frost index, typhoon probability, water vapor, jet streams, clear air turbulence, pollen index, sperm count, crop yield, radioactive aerosols volcanic gases, hydroelectric synchronicity, seismic shock waves, oil pressure and tire pressure.
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
11/6/2013 5:07pm
At the end of Seths video there are plans for a distance ramp.

Are you making a giant down ramp?

You are very game for a man who has a bad back Hillbilly!
p.s you might want to raise the fork oil height in the husky and chuck a truck spring in the rear...

This ramp was made with similar specs to Seths... it looks larger in person...
GIwasB4
11/6/2013 5:23pm
Have you considered using less materials to cut down on cost and weight by seat bouncing?
Also, I think Mad Mike Jones may have a few ramps available by the appearance of the rust on the ones in his yard.
JM485
11/6/2013 6:02pm
Haha I got bored. I have a test over some basic physics. So here is the velocity of your ball rolling down the incline plane Solved...
Haha I got bored. I have a test over some basic physics. So here is the velocity of your ball rolling down the incline plane Solved by using dynamics.
I must still have a lot to learn because I figured we needed the height and length of the ramp to find the velocity. My head now hurts, thanks.Grinning
Camp332
11/6/2013 8:11pm
Haha I got bored. I have a test over some basic physics. So here is the velocity of your ball rolling down the incline plane Solved...
When I see stuff like that^^, I say "not my business, keep scrolling Bro."
Camp332
11/6/2013 8:13pm
Obviously Hillbilly got into a good batch of shine tonight. He ain't huckin a booter on his Husky.
rallendude
11/6/2013 8:54pm
"About 200 ft is going to be the lengthof airtime, that is 387 ft Florida measure for those that been here a while."

HAR!!!
G-man
11/6/2013 8:56pm Edited Date/Time 11/7/2013 6:22am
Hillbilly,

Good to see you on here hope all is good with you.
Do you remember Mr Motodude from motodrive? He FLEW and was a legend till guyb clipped his wings.

I Googled him, but this was all I could find.....

I don't get on here much, had a couple surgeries last year and have stayed away from the track.
Sad to say I don't miss it as much as I thought. Getting old sux and the sport has changed a lot along with tracks closing.

Been doing a lot of road riding and last weekend did an AMA dualsport event and somehow we ended up on the wrong boulder infested nasty ass trail rolling in 2 hrs late in darkness.
One of my buddies lights went out but by then we were on fireroad.... Good times!

Early in the day when the trail was nice.

Made it to the Crown King Saloon a former brothel for the miners, circa 1890.

Lake season recently ended as its starting to get nippy at the back beach where the babes run around topless. It's a rough way to go....Smile

I haven't seen teggers around here much either, can you believe its been almost 10 yrs since Loretta's! Woohoo
G-man
11/7/2013 6:25am
Where's XmikeX and unamused? Shocked
hillbilly
11/9/2013 9:19am
Hey gman,glad you are ok. Time passes quicker now huh.

My youngest daughter is a gearhead and into mx and its history.we watch all races and i have started recording mx files.

Id love to have a copy of what we watched at LL,S someday.

Now,to the jumping,

The landing will be dirt,large down ramp,no worries there. The seth ramp looks about twice what i need.

The length of airtime is something i have done many times over rid g e tops here,

If anyone is left here that rode that epic day here on the track i built on that deadend lane knows how 200 ft feels.

I have no idea what to price the show at. A huge crowd comes out for the demo derbi ,the night to do it for sure.

Just looking for a few thousand bucks really. What d ones a fmx team get for a demo?

The local fairs fall week after week in August,September and all have a place to do it. So,why not.

Doesnt some rider practice this somewhere ??
hillbilly
11/9/2013 9:26am
motokiwi wrote:
At the end of Seths video there are plans for a distance ramp. Are you making a giant down ramp? You are very game for a...
At the end of Seths video there are plans for a distance ramp.

Are you making a giant down ramp?

You are very game for a man who has a bad back Hillbilly!
p.s you might want to raise the fork oil height in the husky and chuck a truck spring in the rear...

This ramp was made with similar specs to Seths... it looks larger in person...
A side view available? A shot of the first section where it touches earth.

I thought about a 2x12 laying on a truck bed and seatbouce it but i want it to look professionally done.

Mad mikes stuff is freestyle ramps no? With a radius?
hillbilly
11/9/2013 2:16pm
You remember my ideas because they are great.

How many times i have walked into a place with a box i dug out of the trash,

Just look like you know what yer doing,lol, i do
Roscoe33
11/9/2013 4:13pm
Billy Van Vught Jr. from London Ontario is the guy you want to talk to for metal ramp building experience.
G-man
11/11/2013 7:45pm Edited Date/Time 11/11/2013 7:46pm
hillbilly wrote:
Hey gman,glad you are ok. Time passes quicker now huh. My youngest daughter is a gearhead and into mx and its history.we watch all races and...
Hey gman,glad you are ok. Time passes quicker now huh.

My youngest daughter is a gearhead and into mx and its history.we watch all races and i have started recording mx files.

Id love to have a copy of what we watched at LL,S someday.

Now,to the jumping,

The landing will be dirt,large down ramp,no worries there. The seth ramp looks about twice what i need.

The length of airtime is something i have done many times over rid g e tops here,

If anyone is left here that rode that epic day here on the track i built on that deadend lane knows how 200 ft feels.

I have no idea what to price the show at. A huge crowd comes out for the demo derbi ,the night to do it for sure.

Just looking for a few thousand bucks really. What d ones a fmx team get for a demo?

The local fairs fall week after week in August,September and all have a place to do it. So,why not.

Doesnt some rider practice this somewhere ??
Hillbilly,

Was just chatting with my Cuz about that time at LL's watching those Interview tapes up on LL's hill.
I remember we laughed so hard my gut hurt--GOOD TIMES! Smile

Unfortunately those tapes are on VHS (originals on Super 8mm) and need to get them on a DVD. I have about 10 hrs worth.

I'm a little behind the times, but really need to get that DeCoster/Hannah interview out there for the masses.

When I do you will be the first one I send a copy to.

Good luck with the jump.
My advise-DON'T DO IT!

Post a reply to: need help with takeoff ramp

The Latest