nationals on sunday?

huck
7/12/2010 6:27am
I like Saturday better. Gives me Sunday to drive home.

For me, Friday is easier to take off, than Monday...

7/12/2010 6:46am
DC wrote:
If someone can't get off work on the one Saturday of the year because the nationals are nearby, there's just nothing I can do about it...
If someone can't get off work on the one Saturday of the year because the nationals are nearby, there's just nothing I can do about it. I apologize but it's a decision that we made with both the athletes and TV in mind, as well as expanding the reach of motocross to more fans.

It doesn't work for everyone obviously, but it's made for a huge step forward for the TV package and the riders and teams who were getting burned out on the long weekends. The old system meant that everyone was on the road for almost two weeks more (12 days) of a single summer. Put a pencil to what that costs a team that has to pay for all of those hotels, rental cars, meals, per diems, etc., for riders, mechanics, technicians, drivers, managers...

DC
MX Sports
It's not about getting off for that 1 Saturday for a Race. people have other reasons they may need off on Saturdays throughout the year and you only get so many off. For bike shop employees (like me) or any other retail bussiness Saturdays are golden, it's the busiest day of the week, I miss a Saturday i loose money. Tracks here in D6 that hold a few Saturday races have low attendance because people work Saturdays. However i do like the fact that i don't miss a race myself because i'm at a National on a sunday. so i guess you gotta weigh the pros and cons???
DC
7/12/2010 6:58am
Speed won't show motocross on Sunday nights;it's reserved for NASCAR race report shows, roundups and reality programming. We are still trying to get a foothold here, and it's coming along well -- in large part because the races are on Saturday and can be shown that night and also Sunday afternoon EST.

DC
MX Sports
Ryno784
7/12/2010 7:03am
DC wrote:
Oh, and look for a mid-season report with all of the TV and Internet and crowd stats you need to just be even more pissed off...
Oh, and look for a mid-season report with all of the TV and Internet and crowd stats you need to just be even more pissed off about me. It should be out this week.

See you at Pala, Trip? Probably not, I will presume.

DC

MX Sports
I'd be interested to see how the turnout on Sunday amateur days have been as opposed to Saturday.

The Shop

pilotdude
7/12/2010 7:26am Edited Date/Time 7/12/2010 7:27am
DC wrote:
Oh, and look for a mid-season report with all of the TV and Internet and crowd stats you need to just be even more pissed off...
Oh, and look for a mid-season report with all of the TV and Internet and crowd stats you need to just be even more pissed off about me. It should be out this week.

See you at Pala, Trip? Probably not, I will presume.

DC

MX Sports
Ryno784 wrote:
I'd be interested to see how the turnout on Sunday amateur days have been as opposed to Saturday.
Washougal put their amateur day on Sun/Mon last year and had such low turnout they cancelled the Monday racing, consolidated the races to Sunday, and made Monday a "practice day". I believe the recession also contributed to the reduced turnout, but how much is hard to say.

They learned from that mistake and returned amateur days this year to Thursday and Friday so hopefully the numbers will be back up to even half of prior years. With the economy still struggling I'm sure the numbers will still be weaker than in the past.
Butters
7/12/2010 7:40am
I like the Saturday schedule.
drummer dude
7/12/2010 7:43am
DC wrote:
Speed won't show motocross on Sunday nights;it's reserved for NASCAR race report shows, roundups and reality programming. We are still trying to get a foothold here...
Speed won't show motocross on Sunday nights;it's reserved for NASCAR race report shows, roundups and reality programming. We are still trying to get a foothold here, and it's coming along well -- in large part because the races are on Saturday and can be shown that night and also Sunday afternoon EST.

DC
MX Sports
Dc, is it possible that speed can show both motos,instead of highlights of moto 1,and the full moto 2? instead of a hr. long show,make it 2hrs. i know that alli shows the first motos live,but sometimes i dont get a chance to watch them. would be cool to see 2hrs of the 250 class and 2 hrs of the 450 class. maybe something to plan in the near future?
7/12/2010 7:48am
DC wrote:
Speed won't show motocross on Sunday nights;it's reserved for NASCAR race report shows, roundups and reality programming. We are still trying to get a foothold here...

DC
MX Sports
Dc, is it possible that speed can show both motos,instead of highlights of moto 1,and the full moto 2? instead of a hr. long show,make it...
Dc, is it possible that speed can show both motos,instead of highlights of moto 1,and the full moto 2? instead of a hr. long show,make it 2hrs. i know that alli shows the first motos live,but sometimes i dont get a chance to watch them. would be cool to see 2hrs of the 250 class and 2 hrs of the 450 class. maybe something to plan in the near future?
You realize you are asking for 4 hours of programming right? Sucks that you don';t get a chance to watch the first motos live sometimes.
drummer dude
7/12/2010 7:56am
DC wrote:

DC
MX Sports
Dc, is it possible that speed can show both motos,instead of highlights of moto 1,and the full moto 2? instead of a hr. long show,make it...
You realize you are asking for 4 hours of programming right? Sucks that you don';t get a chance to watch the first motos live sometimes.
It was just a suggestion. would be cool to see all motos. alot of stuff happens in the first moto. maybe they could get some other companys to advertise during the 2 hr shows to help cover finances..
pie8man
7/12/2010 9:52am
For us to get both motos covered, Speed would have to give up the 8th and 9th airing of whatever crappy ass NASCAR spin off they are trying to sell, or how about cut an hour from the 4 hour pre race to the pre race to the countdown to the I'm already bored show. NBC would have to give the paid promotional hours in the Sunday AM timeslot.
To be a NASCR fan you must give up at least one hour every weekday night and 8 hours on Saturday and Sunday to take it all in. Sounds like rednecks sittin on a couch to me... which in hindsight is better than having them in public I guess.
7/12/2010 9:55am
DC wrote:
If someone can't get off work on the one Saturday of the year because the nationals are nearby, there's just nothing I can do about it...
If someone can't get off work on the one Saturday of the year because the nationals are nearby, there's just nothing I can do about it. I apologize but it's a decision that we made with both the athletes and TV in mind, as well as expanding the reach of motocross to more fans.

It doesn't work for everyone obviously, but it's made for a huge step forward for the TV package and the riders and teams who were getting burned out on the long weekends. The old system meant that everyone was on the road for almost two weeks more (12 days) of a single summer. Put a pencil to what that costs a team that has to pay for all of those hotels, rental cars, meals, per diems, etc., for riders, mechanics, technicians, drivers, managers...

DC
MX Sports
It's not about getting off for that [b]1 Saturday [/b]for a Race. people have other reasons they may need off on Saturdays throughout the year and...
It's not about getting off for that 1 Saturday for a Race. people have other reasons they may need off on Saturdays throughout the year and you only get so many off. For bike shop employees (like me) or any other retail bussiness Saturdays are golden, it's the busiest day of the week, I miss a Saturday i loose money. Tracks here in D6 that hold a few Saturday races have low attendance because people work Saturdays. However i do like the fact that i don't miss a race myself because i'm at a National on a sunday. so i guess you gotta weigh the pros and cons???
It's all about priorities then.
mxb2
7/12/2010 10:12am
I vote for DRUMMER DUDE for President!
7/12/2010 10:14am
It was just a suggestion. would be cool to see all motos. alot of stuff happens in the first moto. maybe they could get some other...
It was just a suggestion. would be cool to see all motos. alot of stuff happens in the first moto. maybe they could get some other companys to advertise during the 2 hr shows to help cover finances..
It's a great suggestion. So is everyone sending me $100. LOL Neither are going to happen.
drummer dude
7/12/2010 10:17am
It was just a suggestion. would be cool to see all motos. alot of stuff happens in the first moto. maybe they could get some other...
It's a great suggestion. So is everyone sending me $100. LOL Neither are going to happen.
hey revver,do you take monopoly money? lol...
Taylor156
7/12/2010 10:28am
DC wrote:

DC
MX Sports
Keep up the good work saturdays are the way to go ! Like Chick Fil A we should get a day off !
drummer dude
7/12/2010 10:29am
pie8man wrote:
For us to get both motos covered, Speed would have to give up the 8th and 9th airing of whatever crappy ass NASCAR spin off they...
For us to get both motos covered, Speed would have to give up the 8th and 9th airing of whatever crappy ass NASCAR spin off they are trying to sell, or how about cut an hour from the 4 hour pre race to the pre race to the countdown to the I'm already bored show. NBC would have to give the paid promotional hours in the Sunday AM timeslot.
To be a NASCR fan you must give up at least one hour every weekday night and 8 hours on Saturday and Sunday to take it all in. Sounds like rednecks sittin on a couch to me... which in hindsight is better than having them in public I guess.
hear that pie man.they can give up that stupid ass barrett car auction bullshit. its just a bunch of old cars filled with bondo or glass. i dont really care about cars,because i fix them for a living. and the nascar shit can be cut back also. just show the race and be done with it. cut the pre race bullshit. who cares if kyle busch wiped his ass this morning,or gorden had a kid,or harvick is whinning again. bunch of cry babies in that sport. they can cut alot of stuff to help out our industry. i guess us moto enthuiests dont count...just saying!!!!
drummer dude
7/12/2010 10:34am
mxb2 wrote:
I vote for DRUMMER DUDE for President!
me? president? im just a old autobody technician and rock drummer. i dont know shit about the political scene!!!!!!!!
David Izer
7/12/2010 11:41am Edited Date/Time 7/12/2010 11:56am
How shortsighted have we become? Remember not that long ago when we were on the OLN channel when the nationals were aired sometime after the harvest moon each month.

I could not have been more proud of our series, MX Sports, riders, the Richie family and everyone involved after watching Red Bud live on NBC. It was an awesome track and presentation that offered great racing and proves what level our sport has reached and continues to strive towards.

7/12/2010 11:54am
Man, Saturday or Sunday doesn't mean a thing to me. Just take down those fucked up shit blocking banners that somehow gets tacked up in the most fucked up locations which only serves to fucking piss off fans who actually like going to the track and watching a race. Let's go back to the days without a fucked up energy drink banner blocking a perfect view to the greatest fucking sport there is in the whole god damn world. And the fucking Universe! Man, I hate those fucking banners.
Cygnus
7/12/2010 11:55am
Man, Saturday or Sunday doesn't mean a thing to me. Just take down those fucked up shit blocking banners that somehow gets tacked up in the...
Man, Saturday or Sunday doesn't mean a thing to me. Just take down those fucked up shit blocking banners that somehow gets tacked up in the most fucked up locations which only serves to fucking piss off fans who actually like going to the track and watching a race. Let's go back to the days without a fucked up energy drink banner blocking a perfect view to the greatest fucking sport there is in the whole god damn world. And the fucking Universe! Man, I hate those fucking banners.
Don't forget those pesky Vitalmx banners.
7/12/2010 2:17pm
Cygnus wrote:
Don't forget those pesky Vitalmx banners.
I'll wear a Vitalmx t-shirt to save the fucking track anymore fucking god damn fucked up banners!
jaeckle
7/12/2010 2:26pm
Man, Saturday or Sunday doesn't mean a thing to me. Just take down those fucked up shit blocking banners that somehow gets tacked up in the...
I thought Red Bud did a much better fucking job with the fucking banner placement this year. They put them on the fucking inside of the track not the outside which blocks the fucking view.
Trip
7/12/2010 2:26pm
DC wrote:

DC
MX Sports
They would if the ratings were good. If sponsors were beating down the door to advertise during mx race, they would listen at least. Maybe Sunday isn't in the cards at this time, but there are five other days that could work, no?

Why do you think that Speed and NBC are willing to give you Saturdays? My guess is, because nobody is home, no pressure, take at look at what it's up against, people just don't watch TV on Saturdays... But it's just a guess.
mxb2
7/12/2010 2:33pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2010 2:33pm
I watch reruns of sanford and son saturday mornings!
Trip
7/12/2010 2:35pm
mxb2 wrote:
I watch reruns of sanford and son saturday mornings!
Sanford and Son was one of the best shows ever!!!! I'm sure it would win the ratings war if it went head to head with mx... Just like the WNBA and anything from Guthy-Renker...
Rupert X
7/12/2010 2:52pm
David Izer wrote:
How shortsighted have we become? Remember not that long ago when we were on the OLN channel when the nationals were aired sometime after the harvest...
How shortsighted have we become? Remember not that long ago when we were on the OLN channel when the nationals were aired sometime after the harvest moon each month.

I could not have been more proud of our series, MX Sports, riders, the Richie family and everyone involved after watching Red Bud live on NBC. It was an awesome track and presentation that offered great racing and proves what level our sport has reached and continues to strive towards.

True.

As you know, I was privately bitching about the coverage and didn't totally comprehend

the full scope of the AlliSports internet coverage of motos one.

My son hooked up his lap-top to our BIG ASS TV and happened to show me the motos

(after the fact) and the coverage was outstanding. Impressed was I.

My big gripes remain to be the Saturday dealio,(1) a lot of that is because my buddy

Gonz works in a Honda shop EVERY *&%$%^&& Saturday and I gots to hear him

bitching about the Saturday thing FAR too much (especially when he's hammered..)

(2) my other gripe is the FAGGY TIMED Qualifying, and we can't blame this on

MXSPORTS really - 'cause the AMA initiated this INSANE process - which, in my

book (it's a big book) - has had an absolutely awful impact on the sport as we know

it. Timing makes one-lined tracks and , more importantly, taking away the

qualifying RACES (remember, this IS MOTOCROSS "RACING") - has angered

the fans to immense proportions - and many privateers, too. Sorry, I ranted - again.

Overall, RED BUD coverage, both on live TV and the 'Net - was top-notch.

Could it be better ? Oh hell to the yes.I think the majority of folks would prefer to

see ( at least) fifteen minutes of EACH moto - if you cannot fit em both in - to an hour (?)

show.... Seeing highlights ( about 15 seconds) of moto one and then 18-20 minutes of

moto two is unsatisfactory. Having said all that, the TV coverage is the best we've

ever had and I do so realize they keep attempting to refine that, too....And we all

appreciate that greatly...
Indy mxer
7/12/2010 3:08pm
Saturdays are fine with me. I like the days rest afterwords.
But I do understand the argument for some. A lot of people have to work on Sat.
When you hear the rationale for Saturdays, it makes a lot of sense.
There's no perfect answer.

Overall though, DC and MX Sports are doing an excellent job with the Nats.
We can always hope for better a TV package, but it's pretty damn cool right now.
They've come a long way in a short period of time, and it sounds like they're always looking to make it better.

Oh, and by the way Trip, if Saturday nights are so bad, why is NASCAR putting more races on every year at that time? Now, suck on some of that Cabo Wabo and stfu douche bag.
jaeckle
7/12/2010 3:16pm
I work every saturday and every sunday all year except 2 weekends......Red Bud and Millville. The National schedule comes out many months in advance. Plenty of time to plan your moto vacations.
txmxer
7/12/2010 3:40pm
jaeckle wrote:
I work every saturday and every sunday all year except 2 weekends......Red Bud and Millville. The National schedule comes out many months in advance. Plenty of...
I work every saturday and every sunday all year except 2 weekends......Red Bud and Millville. The National schedule comes out many months in advance. Plenty of time to plan your moto vacations.
man with his priorities in liine.
86honda
7/12/2010 5:35pm
The DVR deal is the finest invention known to man. I can watch my MX anytime I get the chance. You guys out there might invest in one. Sat. racing is the BOMB!!!!!!!! IM all for mor coverage. Fuel TV needs to get on board with the first moto or race reports or anything besides that boring ass freestyle MX crap.

Post a reply to: nationals on sunday?

The Latest