nationals on sunday?

drummer dude
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 11:51am
Hey guys,just wanting to get some feedback on how many of you miss going to the nationals on sunday? i liked it when you had amatuer day on saturday, you raced, you cooked out,then had a little fire,and sat around bench racing with the boys and girls,and talked about how good or bad you did out there. i thought this way was great for our sport and it brought in alot of money. do you notice a decline of attendence since they switched it over? just my 2 cents... chime in.....
|
Highsider
7/10/2010 3:38pm
I would have possibly agreed, until I went to Red Buuuud last week.
mxb2
7/10/2010 4:25pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2010 4:25pm
Never liked to talk about my results to much, Guess not much to say when i stink LOL!
Cygnus
7/10/2010 4:27pm
"On any Sunday"

Nuff said!

The Shop

drummer dude
7/10/2010 4:37pm
mxb2 wrote:
Never liked to talk about my results to much, Guess not much to say when i stink LOL!
i always talked of my results. i sucked... but a last place finish is an acomplishment..at least in my book!!! lol....
mxb2
7/10/2010 4:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2010 4:40pm
My results sound better after a 12pack! HEY DD YOU HITTIN PRO AM IN RAVENNA SUNDAY?
drummer dude
7/10/2010 4:53pm
mxb2 wrote:
My results sound better after a 12pack! HEY DD YOU HITTIN PRO AM IN RAVENNA SUNDAY?
im not sure. ill have to see whats up for tomorrow. you going riding or going to ravenna? is willard still going?
Motodork
7/10/2010 4:56pm
Saturday's suck, it is so hard to get off work on a saturday, and now I go alone because no one else can get saturdays off
mxb2
7/10/2010 4:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2010 4:57pm
I think there will be some fast dudes up ther for sure its a pro payout, Williard, browning, durham, kilbarger, sellards were some of the names i heard going, they better hope i stay in the d class
Cygnus
7/10/2010 4:57pm
Motodork wrote:
Saturday's suck, it is so hard to get off work on a saturday, and now I go alone because no one else can get saturdays off
Like all of the people in the industry.
drummer dude
7/10/2010 5:03pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2010 5:04pm
mxb2 wrote:
I think there will be some fast dudes up ther for sure its a pro payout, Williard, browning, durham, kilbarger, sellards were some of the names...
I think there will be some fast dudes up ther for sure its a pro payout, Williard, browning, durham, kilbarger, sellards were some of the names i heard going, they better hope i stay in the d class
no doubt. youll take them dudes to school!!! i should go and watch the races since my band is off for a bit. gives me a chance to go and see all the fast guys and makes me say to myself, why in the hell do i ride? if i go,ill leave here around 9am. takes me about a hr or so to get there. if you go,just look for a long hair hippie type rock drummer driving a black chevy colorado..let me know....
7/10/2010 8:57pm
mxb2 wrote:
its not a pro am. just a cra race that actually has a good A payout.
pro am is at motoland this weekend.
TheBeard
7/10/2010 10:04pm
Highsider wrote:
It seems Red Bud races 24 hours a day for 3 days straight! Red Bud Thursday had more fans then a high point saturday
Cigaro
7/10/2010 10:09pm
Highsider wrote:
Red Bud could be any day of the week and that shit would still rock. WoohooWoohoo
Cigaro
7/10/2010 10:16pm
Economy has alot to do with attendance drops also.
Trip
7/10/2010 10:58pm
DC will be along shortly to tell you all how great Saturdays are. He will tell you how great the riders and the teams like Saturday racing... Funny thing is, I can't think of a major sport where the players and the owners dictate when they play.. Anyone think the NFL would switch to Saturday if the owners and the players would rather play then??

There is a reason the NFL and Nascar are on Sundays. You think they just picked Sunday out of a hat?? It's called research!!!! Know the fan base your going after.. The demo for mx is a younger crowed, who are most likely not home on a Saturday afternoon watching TV.
jeffro503
7/10/2010 11:06pm
Trip wrote:
DC will be along shortly to tell you all how great Saturdays are. He will tell you how great the riders and the teams like Saturday...
DC will be along shortly to tell you all how great Saturdays are. He will tell you how great the riders and the teams like Saturday racing... Funny thing is, I can't think of a major sport where the players and the owners dictate when they play.. Anyone think the NFL would switch to Saturday if the owners and the players would rather play then??

There is a reason the NFL and Nascar are on Sundays. You think they just picked Sunday out of a hat?? It's called research!!!! Know the fan base your going after.. The demo for mx is a younger crowed, who are most likely not home on a Saturday afternoon watching TV.
You have some points Trip.....but Jesus Christ you bitch about everything.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/10/2010 11:10pm
Motorcycle shops are open on saturday so a lot of the biggest fans have to work. saturday nationals suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/10/2010 11:34pm
What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday. No one ever said anything about Saturday.
observer
7/10/2010 11:59pm
Trip wrote:
DC will be along shortly to tell you all how great Saturdays are. He will tell you how great the riders and the teams like Saturday...

There ya have it...
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/11/2010 1:11am
Trip wrote:

And after DC offers a reasonable explanation why they're doing what they do, Trip will be back to tell you why it doesn't work for him, and he can't be bothered to drive to a National.
MXinOC
7/11/2010 1:27am
Hey guys,just wanting to get some feedback on how many of you miss going to the nationals on sunday? i liked it when you had amatuer...
Hey guys,just wanting to get some feedback on how many of you miss going to the nationals on sunday? i liked it when you had amatuer day on saturday, you raced, you cooked out,then had a little fire,and sat around bench racing with the boys and girls,and talked about how good or bad you did out there. i thought this way was great for our sport and it brought in alot of money. do you notice a decline of attendence since they switched it over? just my 2 cents... chime in.....
Go back to the good old days of 45 min +2, on Sundays, on tracks that were "real" instead of man-made killer tracks! To much MESSIN around trying to chase NASCAR's style of success... stick with tradition, like baseball!
TheBeard
7/11/2010 2:07am
GuyB wrote:
And after DC offers a reasonable explanation why they're doing what they do, Trip will be back to tell you why it doesn't work for him...
And after DC offers a reasonable explanation why they're doing what they do, Trip will be back to tell you why it doesn't work for him, and he can't be bothered to drive to a National.
What kinda loser drives to a national?
burnside
7/11/2010 2:19am
I thought the switch to Saturday was for TV purposes? Because they couldn't get any live motocross coverage on a Sunday because there are too many other competing sport events.
RMZ819
7/11/2010 4:23am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2010 4:24am
Hey guys,just wanting to get some feedback on how many of you miss going to the nationals on sunday? i liked it when you had amatuer...
Sunday racing?? That means there would be a possible chance that you might get to see some racing on Sat. The old setup was awesome. It was 2 full days of moto. Now its just a crock of dog poopoo. The Nationals are just a support race for Sunday Amateur racing now.

As far as the attendance goes Red Bud will always pull a solid number at the gate. Using the numbers at Red Bud and calling the attendance a success at the other races is like a rider scoring a great moto result and proclaiming a successfull season.
Highsider
7/11/2010 5:30am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2010 7:02am
RMZ819 wrote:
Sunday racing?? That means there would be a possible chance that you might get to see some racing on Sat. The old setup was awesome. It...
Sunday racing?? That means there would be a possible chance that you might get to see some racing on Sat. The old setup was awesome. It was 2 full days of moto. Now its just a crock of dog poopoo. The Nationals are just a support race for Sunday Amateur racing now.

As far as the attendance goes Red Bud will always pull a solid number at the gate. Using the numbers at Red Bud and calling the attendance a success at the other races is like a rider scoring a great moto result and proclaiming a successfull season.
"As far as the attendance goes Red Bud will always pull a solid number at the gate. Using the numbers at Red Bud and calling the attendance a success at the other races is like a rider scoring a great moto result and proclaiming a successfull season."
Not correct. The past four years I have done the Red Bud Wed-Sunday camping dealio.

Last year, imo, spectators were down at least 30%, maybe more. The year before, somewhat lighter attendance over '07.
Millville last year was a ghost town. If you are interested, I'll post a seat-of-the-pants attendance report next week.

Grin
DC
7/11/2010 6:36am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2010 6:49am
Trip is such a fan he didn't even go to the GP ten minutes from his house (and on a Sunday). All six rounds have been up this year over last, and I imagine Millville's problem last year had a lot to do with a date change after years in August, as well as an abnormally cool July weekend.

The riders do like it, the teams and industry all like it, and contrary to the bullshit that Trip lays out here, the crowds are all up -- even in a bad economy. We did our research, and we are staying on Saturdays. I know some guys don't like it and I am sorry that they have not warmed to the idea, but Its the best way forward, and the riders and teams did have a voice in this decision, and they loudly, clearly like it better.

DC

MX Sports
CamP
7/11/2010 6:42am
I like the Saturday Nationals.
7/11/2010 6:51am
I could understand if the reason for the Saturday switch was for the TV package if DC believes that is the best thing for the sport. If catering to the industry was the reason, I don't think it was a good choice. I haven't attended a national since the Saturday switch, where I made atleast 3 on the east coast when they were on Sundays. Simple reason... I can't get out of work on Saturdays. Like lostboy said, what about the bike shop employees and owners? Most of those guys are hardcore moto fans that work Saturdays.

Post a reply to: nationals on sunday?

The Latest