my photos from GH.......

JasonAbbott
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:08am
I know i know, every1 else has posted some but this was my first national shooting. Just recently got a starter camera..........lemme know whatcha think. Theres a few good ones........a few not so good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27090173@N08
|
JasonAbbott
5/27/2008 11:21am
sorry....direct link isnt working.........copy and paste Wink
jbomx363
5/27/2008 11:35am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:06pm
GH gallery

That should work directly to your GH gallery. Don't worry if people have posted already, more photo's are always good. You've got some nice shots in there too, better than some that have already posted too. Cool
JasonAbbott
5/27/2008 11:41am
thanks! just tryin to figure out the focus/ shutter speed and everything else all at once LOL. i guess its just like riding a bike, more time spent = better results.
jbomx363
5/27/2008 11:42am Edited Date/Time 5/27/2008 11:46am
You bet and thanks for sharing them.

BTW.. if the "3 layers of GH" had the riders in focus and a slight crop, that would be an outstanding photo. It gives a great perspective of the hills at GH.

And.. I hate flickr. HAHA.

The Shop

JasonAbbott
5/27/2008 11:53am
yeh the "3 layers" would have been great......instead its ok.

just joined flckr last night, not all that excited about it.
KAWboy14
5/27/2008 12:41pm
you got some cool stuff of rv in there!
srmtr
5/27/2008 2:04pm
Got a pic of Sandra2197 shooting in the corner.

bauman117
5/27/2008 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:06pm
i also was a first time national aspiring photag..could you believe the amount of people there with good equipment around there neck..seen tons of lard butts with 3000$ set ups
, both sides of the fence too..your pics look good ..what were you shootin with
Photobucket
Photobucket]
Photobucket
Highsider
5/27/2008 2:24pm
Those were a cool batch of photos. Thanks for posting.

Jimi J
JasonAbbott
5/27/2008 2:41pm
LOL yeh Bauman saw all those expensive cameras........tried to stay away from them. felt a little outa place until i saw a bunch of people takin pic with camera phones LOL
Im shootin with just a canon eos rebel xt and baseline lenses. OH YEH, NICE RV PHOTO!!!!!

Thanks Highsider!

Cant wait to try shooting some more races........
bauman117
5/27/2008 3:01pm
yeah like the people with two and three cameras around there neck. my back up camera was my cell ..hahah....id squeeze in a good spot and beg the drunk dad not to kick my ass i wasnt try to snag his spot just a good photo..and this dueche with a racer x sticker on his lense comes and stands right in front of me for the start of the 450 class moto two..i asked him nice to slide over cause i wassnt able to moove cause it was so crowded on my side of the fence ..he had the whole track..and he looked at my camera like my dick was hangin out my pants amd ignored me and proceeded to stand infront of me.for lap one...hmmmm...or did you see the 12 year old kids with 1200$ cannon telephoto lenses..yoink
jbomx363
5/27/2008 4:21pm
Funny stuff... wait.. I have a RacerX sticker on my lens..Whistling

However, I don't blame the "real" photog's starting to get miffed. With pro quality gear easily had now a days, anyone seems to be able to have pretty good quality stuff (true, the elite will always be able to sell, but that gap is closing pretty quickly, IMO). I'm sure they have the fear that the companies will start looking elsewhere for photo's for just about FREE as some will give their stuff away, just so they can say they got it published or what not. Heck, I did it for some Houston SX photo's for Butler Bro's. A one time deal only, and yes, I thought it was cool.

It's hard to compete with free. That's my saying around here. I value my work, it's not top level stuff compared to the real guys, but around my parts it is way above what anyone else is offering. The only problem is, I have a lot of people taking 600 photo's on the same race that I shoot and they give them away for FREE. I'd imagine that's what the real photog's are up against now too.
Factoryphoto
5/27/2008 5:05pm
Funny u guys say this.. I was shooting for a magazine (I wont mention) on the track.. I know some of the photogs from over the years and get along great with them . I crack up every race i attend, some of the photographers think they are more famous than the riders lol One jack off photog was on top of the mountain crying that everyone was on his mountain and if it wernt for his photo last year nobody would be up there.. I wanted to seriously throw him down the hill he was a arrogant ahole..my cousin was in the crowd and said he just sat there talking himself up and us other photogs didnt belong there.. You know who you are and your a fkin tool bro u should of said something like a man instead of tell some fans (one being my cousin) I can name so many of them but I wont they (photographers) need to remember nobody wants your stinkin autograph your out there just like any other photog doing his job and having fun. I talked to stephan roncado and some noob gave him attitude for being in his way..lol And I agree there are people in the crowd that are better photographer than the ones trackside.. I am very appreciative to shoot a AMA nat ..
bauman117
5/27/2008 5:35pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2008 5:35pm
jbomx363 wrote:
Funny stuff... wait.. I have a RacerX sticker on my lens..:whistle: However, I don't blame the "real" photog's starting to get miffed. With pro quality gear...
Funny stuff... wait.. I have a RacerX sticker on my lens..Whistling

However, I don't blame the "real" photog's starting to get miffed. With pro quality gear easily had now a days, anyone seems to be able to have pretty good quality stuff (true, the elite will always be able to sell, but that gap is closing pretty quickly, IMO). I'm sure they have the fear that the companies will start looking elsewhere for photo's for just about FREE as some will give their stuff away, just so they can say they got it published or what not. Heck, I did it for some Houston SX photo's for Butler Bro's. A one time deal only, and yes, I thought it was cool.

It's hard to compete with free. That's my saying around here. I value my work, it's not top level stuff compared to the real guys, but around my parts it is way above what anyone else is offering. The only problem is, I have a lot of people taking 600 photo's on the same race that I shoot and they give them away for FREE. I'd imagine that's what the real photog's are up against now too.
you got a point..im that guy..i would love for my stuff to get published ..and right now published comes before paid..id crap a bick if i was to see one of my photos there.but its like fishing...everyone has a chance ,good equip helps but its all about right place right time for the truly epic,to get that one shot.,...kids like me take there tax return and stimulaous checks and put it into semi profesional set ups...and i cant help but think i may have captured the moment a bit better than some of the cool tan vest guys...whats a picture if no one sees it..to many photags with the attitude of pay up or piss off..,it gives a amatures room to stick our foots in the door..and by the looks of all the people with nice gear on both sides of the fence..there are alot of semi pros...maybe one day ill be pissed at the amatures too..but you with the racer x sticker on you lense..slide over a foot if some one politley ask..
JasonAbbott
5/27/2008 6:04pm
I guess its the same for photogs as with the riders.

Pros want the beginners to stay outa there way on the track......

and the beginners wanna show the pros whats up someday, so they keep practicing.

In the end, only time will tell.

Post a reply to: my photos from GH.......

The Latest