mxon spec question

ktm 125
so ac222 said the stock frames used in ama are way more flex than the custom gp ones. ofcourse in gps the worksbike rule is still on but what about mxon?
|
slowgti
6/2/2022 11:44am
Will we see works bikes in WSX?
ktm 125
6/2/2022 4:16pm
i mean whatever the mxon rule is it doesnt exactly suit one side (gps) or another (ama) respectivelly
plowboy
6/2/2022 4:26pm
ktm 125 wrote:
i mean whatever the mxon rule is it doesnt exactly suit one side (gps) or another (ama) respectivelly
If the MXoN allows a "factory" frame vs the AMA mandated homologated frame...and it provides better comfort for the rider...it most definitely could provide an advantage. Of course our guys wouldn't have a clue but Cairoli noticed.

The Shop

wolf18
6/2/2022 5:50pm
I started a bit of a shit storm last year about this very subject. After hearing jt$ and Mathes talk about herlings running a factory bike at a national, it got me thinking. How is it fair that the euros test and race all year for motocross and get to race those factory bikes at mxdn? They literally change frames for different tracks. Our guys get 2 f’n weeks to prepare for outdoors. And that’s supposed to be competitive? They have a big advantage. I think the only thing that is the same is fuel and a sound check?
APLMAN99
6/2/2022 5:58pm
The strange thing is that the AMA rules allow you to add gussets and strengthen a frame, you just aren’t allowed to remove any material. So it seems like they should be able to stiffen up the ‘production’ frame for Cairoli pretty quickly.
6/2/2022 6:08pm
wolf18 wrote:
I started a bit of a shit storm last year about this very subject. After hearing jt$ and Mathes talk about herlings running a factory bike...
I started a bit of a shit storm last year about this very subject. After hearing jt$ and Mathes talk about herlings running a factory bike at a national, it got me thinking. How is it fair that the euros test and race all year for motocross and get to race those factory bikes at mxdn? They literally change frames for different tracks. Our guys get 2 f’n weeks to prepare for outdoors. And that’s supposed to be competitive? They have a big advantage. I think the only thing that is the same is fuel and a sound check?
Herlings is just faster. C’mon enough with the excuses.

*sarcasm
DonM
6/2/2022 7:19pm
slowgti wrote:
Will we see works bikes in WSX?
To see works bikes the manufacturers would have to back it…..so no…
6/2/2022 11:26pm
wolf18 wrote:
I started a bit of a shit storm last year about this very subject. After hearing jt$ and Mathes talk about herlings running a factory bike...
The GP guys had a big advantage at the 86 MXON’s running works bikes whilst the AMA riders were riding production based Hondas. It didn’t make a difference then.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
6/3/2022 6:10am
wolf18 wrote:
I don’t think Herlings rode a factory bike at the nationals. Also the USA doesn’t have to compete in mxon if they don’t want to. Life’s not fair.
ga_pike
6/3/2022 6:26am
It works both ways. Wasn't Villopoto struggling with the GP setup? IIRC, they were getting ready to allow him to use more US spec settings when he got hurt. It seems to me the bigger disadvantage would be putting US guys on equipment they aren't familiar with for a one off event.

That said, I'd suggest allowing full works bikes in the premier class and having production based rules in the 250/lites class. I'd have loved to see a full blown works JGR ride. That said, I don't know that you really see full blow works bikes in the Japa series like you used to.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3765th
6/3/2022 8:23am
wolf18 wrote:
The GP guys had a big advantage at the 86 MXON’s running works bikes whilst the AMA riders were riding production based Hondas. It didn’t make...
The GP guys had a big advantage at the 86 MXON’s running works bikes whilst the AMA riders were riding production based Hondas. It didn’t make a difference then.
That’s because this generation of Americans are soft and looking for excuses. Pretty sure that back in the day the euros used to run mx all year while the Americans did sx and Mx and had no problems owning the MXdN.
APLMAN99
6/3/2022 9:41am
wolf18 wrote:
The GP guys had a big advantage at the 86 MXON’s running works bikes whilst the AMA riders were riding production based Hondas. It didn’t make...
It probably made a huge difference then, too.

Without the production bike handicap, O’Mara probably would have passed Thorpe a couple of laps quicker than he did…..

Cool
6/3/2022 12:28pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2022 12:29pm
wolf18 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
It probably made a huge difference then, too. Without the production bike handicap, O’Mara probably would have passed Thorpe a couple of laps quicker than he...
It probably made a huge difference then, too.

Without the production bike handicap, O’Mara probably would have passed Thorpe a couple of laps quicker than he did…..

Cool
I knew that old age old chestnut would be said. Tell someone that actually gives a flying fuck looooooool.
ktm 125
6/3/2022 12:52pm
so usa is the only nation with the no worksbike rule or all national championships have stock bikes and only the mxgp have the prototypes?
mx691
Fantasy
1270th
6/4/2022 7:03am
wolf18 wrote:
soggy wrote:
I don’t think Herlings rode a factory bike at the nationals. Also the USA doesn’t have to compete in mxon if they don’t want to. Life’s...
I don’t think Herlings rode a factory bike at the nationals. Also the USA doesn’t have to compete in mxon if they don’t want to. Life’s not fair.
Herlings rode Canards bike at Ironman, with personal tweaks of course.

Post a reply to: mxon spec question

The Latest