mxa/ stewart news?

Edited Date/Time 12/17/2014 9:28am
anyone look in mxa"s weekend round up? apparently their will be a press release soon n the news doesn't sound good . Check it out for yourselves
|
jbomx363
12/14/2014 1:59pm
Whatever the outcome... it is absolutely ludicrous for the amount of time this has taken. It surely leaves no time for the appeals process to take place to save his season. Of course, with WADA, who knows how long THAT would take.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
12/14/2014 2:02pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2014 2:03pm
If you cant do the time then don't do the crime.Sad
It does not sound good so I dont think he will be at A1, at least not to race.
rippaaa
12/14/2014 2:06pm
The way i look at it:

WADA accepted his TUEs recently for the same substance that he tested positive for at the Seattle SX round (Adderall). I think whatever fine, penalty, suspension they give him will be for a Paperwork mistake rather than the drug he tested positive for, or else they would not have accepted his TUEs.

I hope we see stew at A1 but i will agree the MXA article did not sound too promising. Gonna be hard if he is suspended from racing he has always been my favourite rider.

The Shop

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
12/14/2014 2:07pm
rippaaa wrote:
The way i look at it: WADA accepted his TUEs recently for the same substance that he tested positive for at the Seattle SX round (Adderall)...
The way i look at it:

WADA accepted his TUEs recently for the same substance that he tested positive for at the Seattle SX round (Adderall). I think whatever fine, penalty, suspension they give him will be for a Paperwork mistake rather than the drug he tested positive for, or else they would not have accepted his TUEs.

I hope we see stew at A1 but i will agree the MXA article did not sound too promising. Gonna be hard if he is suspended from racing he has always been my favourite rider.
You have to get the TUE before you get caught not after.
rippaaa
12/14/2014 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2014 2:12pm
rippaaa wrote:
The way i look at it: WADA accepted his TUEs recently for the same substance that he tested positive for at the Seattle SX round (Adderall)...
The way i look at it:

lostboy819 wrote:
I understand that, my point is he has one now (WADA) and appereantly applied for one for the outdoors (USADA) before he even knew about the failed test. WADA knows he needs it and so does the FIM now. Whatever it is i hope its not overboard and most likely will be for the paperwork not being submitted
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
12/14/2014 2:12pm
Rememeber when MXA told us Weimer was going to the Butler Brothers/BTO team?
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
12/14/2014 2:15pm
Jarid332 wrote:
Haha good point
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
12/14/2014 2:16pm
Jarid332 wrote:
You do have a point.Blush
12/14/2014 2:16pm
rippaaa wrote:
The way i look at it:

It's not just a paperwork issue. Try not filing your taxes for a couple of years. After you get caught, you can tell the IRS it's just a paperwork issue. I'm sure they will understand.

While you're at it, don't register for the draft when you turn 18, because after all, it's just paperwork. Let me know how that works out for you.

A TUE is not just paperwork. It is based on the informed medical opinion of a certified doctor. Stewart took a banned substance without a TUE. I'd love to see him race also, but rules have to have consequences in order to be fair to everyone.
rippaaa
12/14/2014 2:20pm
rippaaa wrote:
The way i look at it:

It's not just a paperwork issue. Try not filing your taxes for a couple of years. After you get caught, you can tell the IRS it's...
It's not just a paperwork issue. Try not filing your taxes for a couple of years. After you get caught, you can tell the IRS it's just a paperwork issue. I'm sure they will understand.

While you're at it, don't register for the draft when you turn 18, because after all, it's just paperwork. Let me know how that works out for you.

A TUE is not just paperwork. It is based on the informed medical opinion of a certified doctor. Stewart took a banned substance without a TUE. I'd love to see him race also, but rules have to have consequences in order to be fair to everyone.
If he did not need Adderall do you think they would have accepted his TUE during a case for a failed test with adderall?
12/14/2014 2:21pm
Article didn't even make sense. "James now knows what the penalty is — and apart from the inevitable appeals process — he will is facing a very tough period."
12/14/2014 2:25pm
if he isn't at A1 its a dam shame. seriously, what a F N mess! . just how everything in this sport is handled to the tiny purses. Why would u want your kid to race?
12/14/2014 2:30pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2014 2:30pm
if he isn't at A1 its a dam shame. seriously, what a F N mess! . just how everything in this sport is handled to the...
if he isn't at A1 its a dam shame. seriously, what a F N mess! . just how everything in this sport is handled to the tiny purses. Why would u want your kid to race?
What does pro racing have to do with wanting your kid to race growing up?
12/14/2014 2:38pm
rippaaa wrote:
If he did not need Adderall do you think they would have accepted his TUE during a case for a failed test with adderall?
Well, I think they would have accepted it prior to the start of the season too. They accepted the TUE afterwards because they did believe the opinion of the doctor who signed it. I understand your point, however. But even if he has permission to take the adderall now, that doesn't change that fact that he had no permission to use it when he tested positive. Just like the IRS, WADA has to enforce their rules the same for everyone.

It sucks. Again, I want to see James race, but I can understand if the announced penalty includes a suspension.

rippaaa
12/14/2014 2:46pm
rippaaa wrote:
Well, I think they would have accepted it prior to the start of the season too. They accepted the TUE afterwards because they did believe the...
Well, I think they would have accepted it prior to the start of the season too. They accepted the TUE afterwards because they did believe the opinion of the doctor who signed it. I understand your point, however. But even if he has permission to take the adderall now, that doesn't change that fact that he had no permission to use it when he tested positive. Just like the IRS, WADA has to enforce their rules the same for everyone.

It sucks. Again, I want to see James race, but I can understand if the announced penalty includes a suspension.

Yeah i understand you, im biased i guess because stewart is my fav rider but for these things i try go in with a neutral opinion. If this was any other rider i would still support them in this same case.

We have to let the parties in charge decide and or announce it. I won't be changing anything so i won't try.
moto0852
12/14/2014 3:00pm
rippaaa wrote:
The way i look at it:

lostboy819 wrote:
rippaaa wrote:
I understand that, my point is he has one now (WADA) and appereantly applied for one for the outdoors (USADA) before he even knew about the...
I understand that, my point is he has one now (WADA) and appereantly applied for one for the outdoors (USADA) before he even knew about the failed test. WADA knows he needs it and so does the FIM now. Whatever it is i hope its not overboard and most likely will be for the paperwork not being submitted
That's incorrect. He filed for his TUE's AFTER he was caught.
rippaaa
12/14/2014 3:06pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2014 3:07pm
lostboy819 wrote:
rippaaa wrote:
I understand that, my point is he has one now (WADA) and appereantly applied for one for the outdoors (USADA) before he even knew about the...
moto0852 wrote:
That's incorrect. He filed for his TUE's AFTER he was caught.
Yes, for WADA.

I remember matthes saying that when the failed test first came to light that he already had one filed for the outdoors/USADA. SO even if he failed one outdoors with adderall he would still be allowed to race.

2 Different TUEs
Mxjuncks
12/14/2014 3:09pm
Wow. Deff didn't sound too good. It will really suck if he's not on the gate come a1. Even though it will still be a dramatic/entertaining race and I will be watching, it just won't be the same Dry
FIREfish148
12/14/2014 3:15pm
What's the early word? A couple races? See THIS is why they need a riders Union!!!' Evil
FIREfish148
12/14/2014 3:16pm
My interest in watching supercross has plummeted lately. I'm still excited for a1 but not really.
bents
Fantasy
909th
12/14/2014 3:18pm
It would really suck if he isn't on the gate at A1 but if they are going to test, a failed test has to be followed through so that everyone else knows that you can't fuck around with PED's and if you do, you will be penalized. This is the price for the level playing field most think we need, which I happen to agree with.
rippaaa
12/14/2014 3:27pm
My interest in watching supercross has plummeted lately. I'm still excited for a1 but not really.
Crush wrote:
Nobody on that list dominated supercross like Stewart and Villopoto did in 2014.

They were on a different planet and hands down were the 2 most dominant riders in 2014. Villopoto won't be there and there is also a chance Stewart won't, yes it opens the door for other winners but that is a big draw especially since they were the 2 leaders of 2014.
S.Loyer
12/14/2014 3:29pm
Because MXA is known for their amazing honesty and reporting skills.
Crush
12/14/2014 3:45pm
Crush wrote:
rippaaa wrote:
Nobody on that list dominated supercross like Stewart and Villopoto did in 2014. They were on a different planet and hands down were the 2 most...
Nobody on that list dominated supercross like Stewart and Villopoto did in 2014.

They were on a different planet and hands down were the 2 most dominant riders in 2014. Villopoto won't be there and there is also a chance Stewart won't, yes it opens the door for other winners but that is a big draw especially since they were the 2 leaders of 2014.
So, because no past dominant person is there, and we're looking at probably the best racing since the late 80s, we shouldn't be excited?

I guess we look at things differently...

The MC/RC dominant streaks sucked for me. Who the fuck wants to see a runaway? I want to see 7 winners and 5 at least in the title fight at Vegas.
rippaaa
12/14/2014 3:50pm
Crush wrote:
rippaaa wrote:
Nobody on that list dominated supercross like Stewart and Villopoto did in 2014. They were on a different planet and hands down were the 2 most...

Crush wrote:
So, because no past dominant person is there, and we're looking at probably the best racing since the late 80s, we shouldn't be excited? I guess...
So, because no past dominant person is there, and we're looking at probably the best racing since the late 80s, we shouldn't be excited?

I guess we look at things differently...

The MC/RC dominant streaks sucked for me. Who the fuck wants to see a runaway? I want to see 7 winners and 5 at least in the title fight at Vegas.
Won't happen.

Will be like last year were 2 or 3 riders dominate the series. Il say 5 race winners just like 2014.
Crush
12/14/2014 3:52pm
We're not having a who can read the future dick measuring contest... I'm saying how can you not be excited looking at that field!?
oshow
12/14/2014 3:54pm
Feld SX is a show not a sport.

Post a reply to: mxa/ stewart news?

The Latest