mx vs atv all out

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
9/22/2017 1:41pm
flatout111 wrote:
I'm doing all I can to slow this game down to more of the Reflex or Alive game speed so the last thing I want to...
I'm doing all I can to slow this game down to more of the Reflex or Alive game speed so the last thing I want to do is use a 650. Bit hey, glad you're having fun!
That's what I'm trying to do also and why I ride the 650... You have to slow down in order to be able to ride it properly, especially on the JS7 SX tracks.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/22/2017 4:15pm
flatout111 wrote:
I remember back in the early 90s I got NHL 93 on Genesis. I knew nothing about the sport but thru EA's games I learned every...
I remember back in the early 90s I got NHL 93 on Genesis. I knew nothing about the sport but thru EA's games I learned every player, every team and all the gear. The same thing would happen for MX if the companies would let it.

Video games are an easy way for companies and the sport to gain new fans. But the companies can't be greedy.
I agree. What better way is there to reach a bunch of kids? The video game industry is becoming bigger and bigger as the years go by. I mean back in the day if you were caught in class playing a gameboy, 3ds, psp, etc. The teachers would say stop playing with your video game you can't make a living doing that. Nowadays you have guys making millions a year playing video games.

I'll admit I'm not a big fan of them bringing back a bunch of vehicles in the game but some kids might pick the game up and discover MX for the first time and decide they want to give the sport a try.

I don't watch many sports but I've played them enough on PlayStation that I know the team names whether it's NFL, MLB or NHL just from seeing the name of a city.

The point is that video games do work when it comes to introduce/bring new fans to a sport.
flatout111
9/22/2017 6:03pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2017 2:22am
I wish I actually knew a track owner of one of the Nationals so I could simply ask if they would grant permission knowing it will expose their track and track's name to thousands.

I mean if JMart was cool to sign the waiver to be in Encore...with zero compensation...why wouldn't his Father do the same knowing it is major promotion for his track?
rob mx
9/22/2017 7:37pm
yeah i hope milestone makes a sx game i love there physics ...so much better then mx vs atv ...

The Shop

flatout111
9/22/2017 7:44pm
What I'm really hoping for is the licensed AMA SX game from Milestone and also Nationals replica tracks from Rainbow.

I'm probably asking a bit too much. But hey, it's time!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/22/2017 7:46pm
rob mx wrote:
yeah i hope milestone makes a sx game i love there physics ...so much better then mx vs atv ...
There's one already in the works. They took pics and scans of riders at one of the SX rounds earlier this year.
rob mx
9/22/2017 8:37pm
yah maverick i remember reading that i hope they add a touch of preload for sx but not to crazzy like mx vs atv
SPODEBOY
9/22/2017 9:49pm
Well I hope this game is good.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
9/22/2017 11:18pm
SPODEBOY wrote:
Well I hope this game is good.
Spodeboy!Woohoo I wish you would've designed the 2017 SX Track Pack on Encore...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/23/2017 3:41am
Spodeboy. Member since '08. First post 9 years later. WTF lol.

You're not the only one hoping the game will be good.
flatout111
9/23/2017 3:58am
Yeah I played the heck out of Spode"s EA Sports replica MCM2 tracks back in the day! Good times.

I think we'll get a much better game engine this time. Hopefully something fresh and totally revamped. And not stuck 15 years in the past with any influences from Unleashed. Meh. Encore was simply not good. But I think the team can turn this around. I'm the eternal optimist so really hope they do.
tobz
9/23/2017 4:17am Edited Date/Time 9/23/2017 4:18am
flatout111 wrote:
I remember back in the early 90s I got NHL 93 on Genesis. I knew nothing about the sport but thru EA's games I learned every...
I remember back in the early 90s I got NHL 93 on Genesis. I knew nothing about the sport but thru EA's games I learned every player, every team and all the gear. The same thing would happen for MX if the companies would let it.

Video games are an easy way for companies and the sport to gain new fans. But the companies can't be greedy.
Yes but those ea games were bloody fun regardless if you knew anything about the sort, they were easy to pick up but difficult in a fun way to master.

Imagine if NHL came out with some bullshit dual sticks to control each hand, twist one while flicking the other, And your player sucked balls because you hadn't earned enough imaginery points to level up. and all that sort of gimmick shit thq used to throw at their regurgitated garbage physics.

Licenced games are nothing without fun physics, that pick up and play has to be addictive or it'll be like most of the other thq titles and become a waste of our hard earned money.
flatout111
9/23/2017 4:59am
flatout111 wrote:

tobz wrote:
Yes but those ea games were bloody fun regardless if you knew anything about the sort, they were easy to pick up but difficult in a...
Yes but those ea games were bloody fun regardless if you knew anything about the sort, they were easy to pick up but difficult in a fun way to master.

Imagine if NHL came out with some bullshit dual sticks to control each hand, twist one while flicking the other, And your player sucked balls because you hadn't earned enough imaginery points to level up. and all that sort of gimmick shit thq used to throw at their regurgitated garbage physics.

Licenced games are nothing without fun physics, that pick up and play has to be addictive or it'll be like most of the other thq titles and become a waste of our hard earned money.
Are you saying that the MX vs ATV series has too complicated cobtrols? I think the pure elementary and overly simplistic controls, especially in the year 2017, has hurt the series. People want depth and control in their sports gaming. You have two sticks two triggers and a bumper. That's it. Face buttons are wasted.so is r3 L3.

They could implement rear brake, shifting that actually works, sit dab button as well as tear off.

The last thing I want them to do is make it more pick up and play. In my opinion that is half the problem. MX is niche. Its not going to appeal to the masses regardless so you should make it for the hardcore fans.
flatout111
9/23/2017 5:10am Edited Date/Time 9/23/2017 9:40am
There is so much more that could be done. Of course, priority 1 is more realistic physics. Make it a Simcade. Deep, intuitive, takes a while to master but not like Sim where is too frustrating.

Presentation wise, the series has done nothing for nearly 15 years. They could implement on screen running orders, commentary, rider stats...like podiums, holeshots...full race replays, Flaggers, pit board idea that was mentioned. The list goes on. What frustrates me is we are nearly 14 years since Unleashed and we don't have have the presentation and tuning ability we had previously in MCM2 or in the PS1 game EA Sports Supercross from freaking 1999. That's not trying!

There's no excuse for that lack of progression.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
9/23/2017 8:59am
pit board when coming by mechanics row. with whatever info you pre determine. then it goes away as you pass the mechanic.
tobz
9/23/2017 5:28pm
flatout111 wrote:

tobz wrote:
Yes but those ea games were bloody fun regardless if you knew anything about the sort, they were easy to pick up but difficult in a...

flatout111 wrote:
Are you saying that the MX vs ATV series has too complicated cobtrols? I think the pure elementary and overly simplistic controls, especially in the year...
Are you saying that the MX vs ATV series has too complicated cobtrols? I think the pure elementary and overly simplistic controls, especially in the year 2017, has hurt the series. People want depth and control in their sports gaming. You have two sticks two triggers and a bumper. That's it. Face buttons are wasted.so is r3 L3.

They could implement rear brake, shifting that actually works, sit dab button as well as tear off.

The last thing I want them to do is make it more pick up and play. In my opinion that is half the problem. MX is niche. Its not going to appeal to the masses regardless so you should make it for the hardcore fans.
That's not what I meant, I think the point was missed. Your trying to add gimmicky shit to a game that's attempting to turn it into a simulator....on a hand held controller. It's not immersive and it takes away from the fun factor that a console should be.

You don't play a car racing simulator with a hand held controller, why try it here?

At least get the physics right instead of wasting time on taunts, clutch boosts and tear off buttons.
flatout111
9/23/2017 5:58pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2017 8:44pm
tobz wrote:

flatout111 wrote:
Are you saying that the MX vs ATV series has too complicated cobtrols? I think the pure elementary and overly simplistic controls, especially in the year...

tobz wrote:
That's not what I meant, I think the point was missed. Your trying to add gimmicky shit to a game that's attempting to turn it into...
That's not what I meant, I think the point was missed. Your trying to add gimmicky shit to a game that's attempting to turn it into a simulator....on a hand held controller. It's not immersive and it takes away from the fun factor that a console should be.

You don't play a car racing simulator with a hand held controller, why try it here?

At least get the physics right instead of wasting time on taunts, clutch boosts and tear off buttons.
I agree to get the physics right. Not sure I agree that you can't make a good simcade with a controller. Ever play NHL2K8? A great simulation with great, intuitive and deep control scheme. For that matter Sim is played with a controller so I do think I'm missing your point. ??

I just don't think a game should be pick up and play and dumbed down just because on console. The aforementioned NHL series and the legendary Japanese title Fire Pro Wrestling are great examples of intuitive simulations that are still fun and somewhat accessible to new players but super deep and challenging to veteran hardcore players.
tobz
9/23/2017 6:45pm
I think your misunderstanding the meaning of simulator, so yeah, point missed.
tobz
9/23/2017 7:12pm

But it's cool, we can agree to disagree on what we want from a game.
flatout111
9/23/2017 8:29pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2017 8:46pm
But I don't want a strict simulator. We have that in MX Sim.I want an experience like nba2k. It is far from a simulator but it does give the impression of replicating what you see on tv though it is no where near a simulator.

Simcade with somewhat realistic physics but authentic with official license is what I want.

But as you said, no harm in people wanting different types of game styles.
Johnny Ringo
9/23/2017 9:27pm
What happened to Nathaniel from Mototalk? That guy was a legend on the old MX vs ATV unleashed.

I got within half a second of one his times once and was so pumped.
flatout111
9/24/2017 2:11am
I'm guessing the official impressions report from Michael got delayed or he was asked not to speak on it. Other than him giving some nice info answering our questions we posted in this thread we never did get a report or write up on his 2 hours with the game. Bummer. But may just be politics. Or he may be tired. The shootout was tons of work, I'm sure.
9/24/2017 4:28am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2017 6:08am
Edit. Never mind. Looking forward to this, the more the better.
VilloFan951
9/24/2017 8:10am
Well lcq just posted this video last night it has a tiny preview of the game they are working on. It’s still in alpha but it’s looking good!
Lcq Mx
rob mx
9/24/2017 11:00pm
lcq 's game looks next level brider...hopefully they can get it on console ...it amazes me how retards at nordic or rainblow or whatever u wanna call em keep puttin out the same shit and expecting us to buy it ...fuk off rainbow!
flatout111
9/25/2017 7:25am
Mx45...you out there, Mike? Would love to hear a little something from you on new game.
chaseodc
9/25/2017 7:52am
I'm not a marketing guru, however I am on the receiving end of constant marketing and this just seems like the wrong approach by the developers. The Wet the appetite concept probably worked awesome when this franchise was popular but at this juncture its plain frustrating. A constant trickle of tidbits would be nice to give us something to discuss as opposed to talking about the lack of info. Just my opinion, but what do I know because I'm talking about it.. soooo....
SPODEBOY
9/25/2017 8:17am

EZZA 95B Spodeboy! I wish you would've designed the 2017 SX Track Pack on Encore...

Thanks for the kind words. I paid close attention to MX vs ATV when it was first released in October of 2014. A bunch of us guys were able to chime in over at the now closed forum where a few of the dev's would communicate with us mere mortals. I thought they did a decent job of making the tracks. And the release of new tracks every so often kept me interested. I know the game has tons of flaws and everyone's opinion varies. But I was happy that at least something was released in the form of a SX game. Yup, wasn't REFLEX 2, but I have had a ton of fun racing online with the right guys. I still play Encore every few days online. XBOX ONE as OG SPODE MCM2...

-MAVERICK- Spodeboy. Member since '08. First post 9 years later. WTF lol.

Been a little busy. LoL. Wink

Post a reply to: mx vs atv all out

The Latest