mx vs atv all out

Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
9/15/2017 3:27pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2017 3:30pm
greenmx5 wrote:
If that article is true about the All Out edition being an Encore based game with all of the DLC they've ever released included on the...
If that article is true about the All Out edition being an Encore based game with all of the DLC they've ever released included on the disc, it shows that they're still trying to wring out every penny from this piece of shit. If that's the case, get ready for the shit storm, Nordic. The game has been out for 3 years now and people who actually own the game have most likely bought all the DLC they wanted/were interested in. This is just another rip off.
ML512 wrote:
I tested the Alpha version last week, this isn't Encore, it's a 100% new gaming engine (Unreal 2 Engine), so the physics have been redone by...
I tested the Alpha version last week, this isn't Encore, it's a 100% new gaming engine (Unreal 2 Engine), so the physics have been redone by scratch (same guy on staff who originally did Reflex was back in charge of this)
This i like same guys on staff that did reflex, best mx game ever made IMO. Yeah it wasnt perfect especially the crash sensitivity but hopefuly they will go by the reflex game play/physics. The whips you can do on reflex was the most fun , loved that game.

All reflex needed to be the ultimate mx game was a heavier feel on the ground and fix the crash sensitivity.
flatout111
9/15/2017 10:03pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2017 10:24pm
Hoping we get some game play video from Michael or someone soon. Unreal engine and all new from scratch excites me. Just hope tracks are realistic and there's no jumping whole sections.

And for sure hoping we get replicas down the line as Michael mentioned.
Dizzy714
Fantasy
3688th
9/16/2017 1:21am
When's the last time you leaned back then forward up the face of a jump to 'preload' though, LOL.
tobz
9/16/2017 4:56am
Currently looking like it's same old promises of great new physics.

Same shit different title.

The Shop

flatout111
9/16/2017 5:59am
tobz wrote:

No one has been more disappointed than me with Rainbow's arcade mess of Encore and their other old titles. I preferred Superfly to the floaty, mile wide Unleashed. With that being said, Reflex had potential as did Alive but Alive was cut short.

As MX fans we should not just crap all over ANY team taking the risk to make a MX game because really we have 2 somewhat major titles then JLV and Piboso making there PC titles. And maybe LCQ as well.

If we don't support Milestone and Rainbow they will move away from MX into something more profitable so as a die-hard MX fan I think we all should support both major companies as well as JLV and Piboso or anyone making the effort.

With that being said, yes, it's time to get the direction right. Rainbow now has more manpower and have had more funds and full development cycle this time. It is time they step up and give us a quality MX game. Lets give them another chance. It's not like EA is beating down the door to make another Supercross game. We have to support the ones who are.

Btw, I definitely complained plenty about Encore as I really thought it was garbage much like Unleashed. Encore came off very childish in its approach. My source tells me they are taking this much more seriously this time around. So we'll see.
But let's support and give them a chance.
potatoflake
9/16/2017 6:43am
they have some work to do to catch mxgp 3.
Exactly my opinion, it would be cool to see a top mx game turf war break out between mx vs atv and mxgp
VilloFan951
9/16/2017 8:18am
tobz wrote:

flatout111 wrote:
No one has been more disappointed than me with Rainbow's arcade mess of Encore and their other old titles. I preferred Superfly to the floaty, mile...
No one has been more disappointed than me with Rainbow's arcade mess of Encore and their other old titles. I preferred Superfly to the floaty, mile wide Unleashed. With that being said, Reflex had potential as did Alive but Alive was cut short.

As MX fans we should not just crap all over ANY team taking the risk to make a MX game because really we have 2 somewhat major titles then JLV and Piboso making there PC titles. And maybe LCQ as well.

If we don't support Milestone and Rainbow they will move away from MX into something more profitable so as a die-hard MX fan I think we all should support both major companies as well as JLV and Piboso or anyone making the effort.

With that being said, yes, it's time to get the direction right. Rainbow now has more manpower and have had more funds and full development cycle this time. It is time they step up and give us a quality MX game. Lets give them another chance. It's not like EA is beating down the door to make another Supercross game. We have to support the ones who are.

Btw, I definitely complained plenty about Encore as I really thought it was garbage much like Unleashed. Encore came off very childish in its approach. My source tells me they are taking this much more seriously this time around. So we'll see.
But let's support and give them a chance.
I agree 100% it is hard to get behind them tho when the game is just so unrealistic. As for lcq I can't wait to see what they are coming up with I hope it lives up to what they are saying. I was a huge fan of alive and reflex myself and I still play reflex on pc. Hell I even got a ps2 to play mtx mototrax lol. But we do need to support these guys even if the game is crap. We can't let the Mx games die out
mx332
9/16/2017 11:19am
I just want a console game with a track editor. Seems like developers would rather charge for DLC tracks then give us the ability to create our own.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
9/16/2017 11:29am
At this point Rainbow should be making a game that would blow your mind with the experience and years trying. Every single game had some sort of goofy quirk to it that just ruined the racing.

They have never ever got the turning/braking right. If forza, motogp, or any other payment racing game never got the braking or turning right for 20 years, you think they would still be making games? When have they made a game where the inside lines were ever a decent option? Its always outside, preload clutch triple, quad, back to outside, preload, triple etc. Have always wanted a game that rewarded the racer for being able to hit lines/ruts/berms.

I bought MX VS ATV Supercross. Man what a joke. Clutch turbo... Dry Because of that, man its going to have to be good, real good to get another penny from me. I've been giving them money since Motocross Madness 1.
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
9/16/2017 1:03pm
It's an unpopular opinion according to this thread, but Encore isn't as bad in my eyes. I still play it semi-regularly online on Xbox. Yes, it has certain draw backs and could utilize some tweaks to become a bit more realistic. I'm not a big fan of the pre-load pogo stick, and the sensitivity to crashing could be turned up as I can case gigantic stuff and still ride away fine. If you are not a fan of the super twitchy characteristics, then I recommend you don't use the "factory" chassis setup. I can get some sweet as scrubs with the stock chassis and I'll see if I can upload a clip. The 2017 SX tracks were awesome.

I look forward to playing All Out and will hold any judgement about the game until I can personally try it.
flatout111
9/16/2017 1:55pm
I agree 100% it is hard to get behind them tho when the game is just so unrealistic. As for lcq I can't wait to see...
I agree 100% it is hard to get behind them tho when the game is just so unrealistic. As for lcq I can't wait to see what they are coming up with I hope it lives up to what they are saying. I was a huge fan of alive and reflex myself and I still play reflex on pc. Hell I even got a ps2 to play mtx mototrax lol. But we do need to support these guys even if the game is crap. We can't let the Mx games die out
Exactly. After THQ pulled the plug on Alive we had nothing console wise for quite a while until MUD came along which later developed into MXGP. We cannot let the MX genre die. Support all the teams if you can.

With that being said, Rainbow needs stop trying to appeal to the general consumer. There are plenty of other good off road games. A concentration on MX or SX would benefit this team just like it has done with Milestone. I don't really like the all vehicle, let's try to please everyone aporoach. But hoping they've really taken notice of the competition and will put their best effort forward.
flatout111
9/16/2017 2:16pm
ML512...you mentioned you would be posting more on All Out later on the day of the press release. Then we started hitting you with questions which you, thankfully, took the time to answer. But we never really got what you were going to post on the game, whether it was video or impressions. Or did we?

If we didn't, when can we expect more from you on All Out? Or did you pretty much tell us thru the questions you answered?

Thanks man.
aeffertz
9/16/2017 3:12pm
flatout111 wrote:
ML512...you mentioned you would be posting more on All Out later on the day of the press release. Then we started hitting you with questions which...
ML512...you mentioned you would be posting more on All Out later on the day of the press release. Then we started hitting you with questions which you, thankfully, took the time to answer. But we never really got what you were going to post on the game, whether it was video or impressions. Or did we?

If we didn't, when can we expect more from you on All Out? Or did you pretty much tell us thru the questions you answered?

Thanks man.
He mentioned what he got to test for only a couple hours as an alpha, so the game can/will be drastically different by the time it is ready for a beta version, let alone a public release.
flatout111
9/16/2017 3:30pm
flatout111 wrote:
ML512...you mentioned you would be posting more on All Out later on the day of the press release. Then we started hitting you with questions which...

Thanks man.
aeffertz wrote:
He mentioned what he got to test for only a couple hours as an alpha, so the game can/will be drastically different by the time it...
He mentioned what he got to test for only a couple hours as an alpha, so the game can/will be drastically different by the time it is ready for a beta version, let alone a public release.
True but the Alpha build could tell us lots about the direction they are moving towards.
aeffertz
9/16/2017 4:09pm
flatout111 wrote:

Thanks man.
aeffertz wrote:
He mentioned what he got to test for only a couple hours as an alpha, so the game can/will be drastically different by the time it...
flatout111 wrote:
True but the Alpha build could tell us lots about the direction they are moving towards.
Yeah, I suppose. I'm not here to answer for him but was just saying it might be hard to answer some questions due to its early state. I'm sure he'll ll come and chime in at some point.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
9/16/2017 4:24pm
it feels like what being a browns fan would feel like. every season this is the year! then..............Pinch
hopefully it will surprise.
flatout111
9/18/2017 6:53pm
Any further info from Michael or anyone at Vital regarding their sneak peek at All Out?
Cortami79
9/19/2017 1:20am
Correct me if I'm wrong. If the guys who made the physics of Reflex were outsourced individuals, with the current state of online platforms and unlimited ways to connect people on the earth it could be possible to contact them and hire them while perfecting the physics that everyone wants right?
aeffertz
9/19/2017 4:27am
Cortami79 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong. If the guys who made the physics of Reflex were outsourced individuals, with the current state of online platforms and unlimited...
Correct me if I'm wrong. If the guys who made the physics of Reflex were outsourced individuals, with the current state of online platforms and unlimited ways to connect people on the earth it could be possible to contact them and hire them while perfecting the physics that everyone wants right?
From what I've gathered, it sounds like they might have done that.
flatout111
9/19/2017 4:35am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2017 4:36am
Yeah, you would think. I think the Alive code is at least still around which to me wasn't that far off from Reflex and both far superior to Encore. The thing is Alive felt really good other than the air drag. On some ways I think it felt better. And if you look at the very first Nordic video with Brett Cue they are playing a build of the game called Alive Tournament which was what the Supercross DLC was going to be called before they got shut down.

That build that Nordic is playing looks like Reflex/Alive. With slower game play and legit track scale.... It was Alive before it got shut down. They then trashed that and went with big scale and put the SX/Encore preload and physics in.

I think the code exists even it's been altered to where Alive was...which is still far superior to Encore.

I'll find that video and post it later.
flatout111
9/19/2017 4:42am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2017 5:40am
Here's the link right when Rainbow announced the game.completely different gameplay. It's Alive which again is not far off from Reflex.

https://youtu.be/0yepfT41PWw

And yeah Reflex is different than Alive but they are much more similar to each other than Encore is.
aeffertz
9/19/2017 4:49am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2017 4:54am
flatout111 wrote:
Here's the link right when Rainbow announced the game.completely different gameplay. It's Alive which again is not far off from Reflex. https://youtu.be/0yepfT41PWw And yeah Reflex is...
Here's the link right when Rainbow announced the game.completely different gameplay. It's Alive which again is not far off from Reflex.

And yeah Reflex is different than Alive but they are much more similar to each other than Encore is.
Oh God no. Please no Alive physics... Horrible physics/game play. I mean compare the footage at 2 minutes in. Left is Reflex, right is Alive.
Cortami79
9/19/2017 5:21am
Cortami79 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong. If the guys who made the physics of Reflex were outsourced individuals, with the current state of online platforms and unlimited...
aeffertz wrote:
From what I've gathered, it sounds like they might have done that.
Would be cool. Don't get me wrong, I like the effort of everyone making a mx game. But it seems like everyone wants Reflex physics (so do I) and no one can get it that way. Imo cornering and stuff on Alive was not that bad, just the physics in the air was awful. The physics in the air on Reflex were awesome, which is probably why everyone loved the game so much. Hopefully we see some progression, which could lead to more sales and ultimately more cash available to improve the game in the upcoming years.
Fresh
Fantasy
3304th
9/19/2017 5:30am
flatout111 wrote:
Here's the link right when Rainbow announced the game.completely different gameplay. It's Alive which again is not far off from Reflex. https://youtu.be/0yepfT41PWw And yeah Reflex is...

It does have an alive feel. I wouldn't mind that at all. I enjoyed alive, it definitely had the perfect balance of realism and an Arcady feel
flatout111
9/19/2017 5:46am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2017 5:47am
Alive had some weight to it which I liked. Had a grounded feel. But the air drag really hurt it. I think that is part of what kils it for some.

But I know everyone wants Reflex. I'm just saying that some of the old code was there obviously. Whether it was straight up Alive or not. You can see it in the video before they opted to change everything.
flatout111
9/19/2017 6:23am
Again, I know everyone wants Reflex 2.0 but to me this video is spot on about how great the Alive JS7 tracks were. Point being is that both were far superior to Encore and glad All Out appears to be going back to this direction instead of the super fast arcade Encore. Cool video on the killer fun and challenging JS7 South track.

https://youtu.be/MASddiu5sec
kaptkaos
9/19/2017 6:29am
Rainbow wont get another penny out of me until I hear from all of you that the game is a real winner. The crap they have put out over the last few years is shameful.
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
9/19/2017 6:34am
I want to see a video of a race ....not goin in the desert.
flatout111
9/19/2017 7:28am
Agreed. Its sorta this company's mindset to do a more general all around off road experience instead of concentrating on a racing series such as MX and SX. Probably why I prefer, as most do, the MXGP series. I think that is a design flaw as there several off road style games but only 1 series that concentrates on an actual motocross racing series.
9/19/2017 8:11am
flatout111 wrote:

oh hell no man. completely disagree. Alive was garbage. they came out with encore because Alive was such a failure i believe.

Post a reply to: mx vs atv all out

The Latest