mx vs atv all out

jasonv43
7/5/2020 1:13pm
Can somebody post bike settings for me? I’m sure they are in here somewhere but figured this would be quicker.

The Shop

gnarwhip
7/5/2020 4:31pm
This game rules, but tuning setup is key. I have a few top 100 lap times. I wish they would come out with Glen Helen!
Lloydcarter
7/6/2020 4:56pm
gnarwhip wrote:
This game rules, but tuning setup is key. I have a few top 100 lap times. I wish they would come out with Glen Helen!
What is your tuning set to?
Dutch348
7/11/2020 8:49pm
Looks like they forgot to release a new track this week, like they said they were going to.
dsmith
Fantasy
1294th
7/12/2020 12:17am
Big horn West is a hard one for me ...I think it's just tough to get consistent...
greenmx5
7/17/2020 10:10am Edited Date/Time 7/17/2020 10:14am
Anyone have any suggestions on specifics of tuning on these rough tracks? Takes the fun out of it when the bike sounds like it has a clutch that needs replaced and is constantly over revving and bouncing around on simple straightaways losing speed. I have the washougal setup from that tuning site. Broke a 1:57 at 2020 Budds but very inconsistent. It's frustrating when you're on a straight away and losing speed and all you hear is the sound of a slipping clutch and over revving.

The rough tracks are pleasing to the eye and look awesome. Just not sure if they go with the physics of this game. IE The bike not being very grounded and light as a feather. Going into these turns with 4 to 6 lines is awesome until you hit a little bump and get 10 feet of air and go out over the fence.
7/17/2020 7:12pm
greenmx5 wrote:
Anyone have any suggestions on specifics of tuning on these rough tracks? Takes the fun out of it when the bike sounds like it has a...
Anyone have any suggestions on specifics of tuning on these rough tracks? Takes the fun out of it when the bike sounds like it has a clutch that needs replaced and is constantly over revving and bouncing around on simple straightaways losing speed. I have the washougal setup from that tuning site. Broke a 1:57 at 2020 Budds but very inconsistent. It's frustrating when you're on a straight away and losing speed and all you hear is the sound of a slipping clutch and over revving.

The rough tracks are pleasing to the eye and look awesome. Just not sure if they go with the physics of this game. IE The bike not being very grounded and light as a feather. Going into these turns with 4 to 6 lines is awesome until you hit a little bump and get 10 feet of air and go out over the fence.
MXO sports has some good setups although you may be using them or close to them already. I’ve found that having the chassis tuned almost the entire way to left seems to give the bike as much weight as possible.

Maybe try changing lines as the track breaks down. I get exactly what your saying with the revving and bouncing and it happens to me at times also. I tend to find a new line and it almost goes away. In long races the lines I use in the second half of the race are often different than they were in the first half.

I hope in the next game they give us the ability to save bike setups for each track. It’s possible to use the same setup on every replica track but the best setup for each track would be slightly different.
PTG APEX
8/11/2020 5:23am
Loretta Lynn 2020 is the most realistic feeling track I've ever played in a video game. Seems the scaling is a bit smaller than some of the other tracks (closer to real), and it makes you have to ride the 450 like you really would, i.e., not pinned all the time. Railing through some of the tight back to back berms and getting it right is so satisfying. What a great game this has become.
2down
8/11/2020 10:17am
greenmx5 wrote:
I usually do time trial mode, and to be honest I haven’t raced the AI at all on the new tracks. I have been having a...
I usually do time trial mode, and to be honest I haven’t raced the AI at all on the new tracks. I have been having a blast just doing time trial mode. So tonight I decided to do a 20 lapper with the AI on Budds. I gotta say, I really hope that Rainbow reads this so they can fix the physics of this game. There’s something really wrong with the physics when you’re full throttle losing speed on a downhill straight away because your bike is catching 8 feet of air off braking bumps. I’ve messed with the tuning a lot, but the bouncing all over the place only really happens on the new national tracks when you’re doing long races with the AI.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the new nationals. They’re scaled perfectly. The ruts are awesome and they’re rough.. But they’re most enjoyable in time trial mode. Also online with a few other players. But if you’re doing a long moto with a full gate in normal gameplay, they’re virtually unridable after 10 laps because of the physics and bouncing everywhere. I went back and replayed a recording coming out of the sweeping downhill corner at the start gate at Budds. I started the straightaway at about 55 mph. About the holeshot line I was all the way down to 35mph and about 10 feet in the air because of the braking bumps. I think with the next installment, they really need to make the bike feel more grounded, like you’re getting traction.
i could say a lot to your post but i mostly agree. i would say the answer is to not gas it as much or to...
i could say a lot to your post but i mostly agree. i would say the answer is to not gas it as much or to time your acceleration but...it is a game. and i know what you mean. there’s ways to really minimize it so.. but yeah i hear ya. i think it would be cool if they implemented the “swap” instead of kicking the who bike up in the air. imagine having to lean back properly to keep the bike grounded and the bike from swapping side to side being more of the issue that’s correctable with the “reflex” (right stick) to add to the skill gap. there’s no doubt they’re already working on the next game. there’s so much they could do
greenmx5 wrote:
No I agree with your posts. Like not leaning back on the stick all the way like we all grew up doing with previous MX games...
No I agree with your posts. Like not leaning back on the stick all the way like we all grew up doing with previous MX games. This game, bikes go through the whoops and through the braking bumps faster by just easing back on the right stick, instead of holding it back all the way. I've been practicing being off the gas and flowing more into the corners makes for less bouncing and so much more flow through the ruts that are already there. And not just going full throttle everywhere. Letting the bike settle into the corners more instead of slamming into them. It definitely requires a lot more finesse. It's just frustrating/annoying when you feel like you're riding smooth and all of a sudden you're bounced 8 feet in the air or bounced way off the track randomly. Alive had the best sense of traction and like you were really hooking up or railing a corner in my opinion.

Either way, this game is a good step in the right direction. And the Nationals have brought in more people which equals more funds/incentive to do the next installment and future investing.
Alive was most definitely the most enjoyable in terms of physics. With the FPS view in All Out, mixed with the physics of Alive, I'd have to be surgically removed from my game chair. Uh! That would be so freak'n awesome.

I also really appreciate the finesse required in All Out but the moon gravity, the random "pulling" into obstacles, the magnetic banners and the absolute ridiculousness of the AI keeps the game in a lull in my opinion.

Also has anyone there ever heard of developing more than one title to target market segments? It's like MX vs ATV can't decide who it wants to be. Is it for 10 year olds who want to canyon-jump golf carts or for 20+ guys who actually ride and want to simulate the thrill of mx when hanging at home? You can't be both in my opinion.

Why not "MX vs ATV - Go Crazy" along side a completely separate title called "MX Outdoors" along side "ATV Outdoors" along side "Supercross Sim" along side "ATV Sim" etc..? One title to consume them all inevitably causes the game to lack for specific segments of the market.

I for one just want to race motocross on a dirtbike both indoors and out. Not ATVs or UTVs (or whatever). But that's just ME. I don't think the other vehicles are crap, they're just not my thing. And I would pay top dollar for a game that was focused entirely on (my) wants versus trying to be everything to everybody. Plus with each title really focused, there would be so much more room for better physics, more tracks and in general just a more encompassing experience.
Violator
8/29/2020 7:48am
why a 4 stroke sounds like a 2 stroke at the beginning all the time in this game
on Supercross 3 the sound is way better
soulberg3
8/30/2020 10:28pm
Hopefully someone on here has an answer as Nordic unfortunately hasn't answered the question.

My issue is with the BRAAP riders. I know there's no way to delete the rider in game, but is there a way to delete the files so i can have a "fresh" game so to speak. I've tried deleting local save files, unsyncing from cloud, installing to a different HDD, & the braap riders still show up.

Another issue I am having (that NORDIC hasn't been able to give me an answer on how to fix) is purely aesthetic within the BRAAP menu. If I open the BRAAP menu & it shows my first rider (in this case it is WEBB #2), every other rider in my BRAAP list shows WEBB #2 on their bike & jersey, but the info will show the correct info & I can edit it as such but it shows WEBB #2 if I'm on the main BRAAP page or on a specific rider editing the bike. Now, if I go into a race, everything is fine (though the bikes look way darker & shinier, especially in AX). If I happen to be looking at my custom rider prior to going into BRAAP, it shows my info. The bike & gear all adjust to what I had them on, but the number & name on jersey & bike do not update.

I DO HAVE PAY2021 mods installed on PC, & I have tried removing those mods & it still is an issue.

If anyone has a way to correct this, I'd greatly appreciate it, even though it is just an aesthetic, it's still annoying lol

Thanks all!
9/11/2020 8:06am
So I never really gave this game much of a chance because all of the gameplay I ever saw looked weird, but I recently picked it up on sale and got all of the 2020 nationals tracks, and I'm actually pretty impressed. The bikes are way too fucking fast, especially through the corners, but having tracks with multiple lines where you have to stay smooth to go fast is awesome and just completely unlike the MESX games. I think most people play in third person, but for me, switching to first person made the game way better.

I'm not nearly fast enough to hang with the fast guys, and probably never will be since those guys are insanely fast, but if you're a motocross fan and you haven't given this a chance, I'd highly recommend it. I was definitely more of a fan of the Milestone games before playing this one, but I tried going back and can't do it. If you get the chance though, play this game and ride one of the actual outdoor tracks in first person. It's badass.
Stuntman949
9/11/2020 8:54am
So I never really gave this game much of a chance because all of the gameplay I ever saw looked weird, but I recently picked it...
So I never really gave this game much of a chance because all of the gameplay I ever saw looked weird, but I recently picked it up on sale and got all of the 2020 nationals tracks, and I'm actually pretty impressed. The bikes are way too fucking fast, especially through the corners, but having tracks with multiple lines where you have to stay smooth to go fast is awesome and just completely unlike the MESX games. I think most people play in third person, but for me, switching to first person made the game way better.

I'm not nearly fast enough to hang with the fast guys, and probably never will be since those guys are insanely fast, but if you're a motocross fan and you haven't given this a chance, I'd highly recommend it. I was definitely more of a fan of the Milestone games before playing this one, but I tried going back and can't do it. If you get the chance though, play this game and ride one of the actual outdoor tracks in first person. It's badass.
Glad you found the joy of it.

I agree. Third-person is probably more competitive to be honest but first-person is where its at. Took me months and months to finally give into it
WW444
9/12/2020 6:28am
This may have already been touched on but I just downloaded all the 2020 tracks and whats with the time settings and lighting of the track? Its either early morning or late afternoon and I cant really see the track due to the angle of the sun? Its almost as if its purple everywhere. Is there a setting I can adjust this? I also noticed they did it to a few of the 19 tracks too in the update. I'll post pics to help show what I am dealing with.
dsmith
Fantasy
1294th
9/12/2020 9:44am
WW444 wrote:
This may have already been touched on but I just downloaded all the 2020 tracks and whats with the time settings and lighting of the track...
This may have already been touched on but I just downloaded all the 2020 tracks and whats with the time settings and lighting of the track? Its either early morning or late afternoon and I cant really see the track due to the angle of the sun? Its almost as if its purple everywhere. Is there a setting I can adjust this? I also noticed they did it to a few of the 19 tracks too in the update. I'll post pics to help show what I am dealing with.
Watch this ...it explains all that about 1 min into it...I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLn-_ag1bg&feature=emb_title
twentythreemx
Fantasy
1525th
9/15/2020 12:13am
So I haven’t touched this since a few weeks after it came out. It lagged so bad for me it was almost unplayable. Decided to give it another shot after seeing the national videos.

Seems improved. I 100% know it’s me and I can’t figure out why to save my life but I can’t get the damn bike to go over 81% preload..

Any advice? Don’t even think I need it for most lines but honestly just annoyed at this point and want it to say 100 when i want it to lol
Tyler90
11/18/2020 5:37pm
I wonder if any new content is coming to this game.. they ported it on Nintendo Switch and no news since... praying for sweet new content or a new game soon
MW19
11/18/2020 5:53pm
Probably working more on a new game at this point. Fox raceway would be rad to get as a last track dlc though.
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
11/18/2020 8:53pm
Man the regular Nats completely suck as-.
Tyler90
11/27/2020 11:30am Edited Date/Time 11/27/2020 12:52pm
Unrelated to mxatv but I just bought MXGP 2019 for ~$7.49 in the Xbox store. Messing with the bike setup to make it playable...
11/28/2020 5:17am Edited Date/Time 11/28/2020 5:20am
I really don't understand how they're not pumping DLC for us right now. Whoever runs this franchise should be fired. Love the game, hate the lack of updates.
Lastander
11/28/2020 7:45am
I really don't understand how they're not pumping DLC for us right now. Whoever runs this franchise should be fired. Love the game, hate the lack...
I really don't understand how they're not pumping DLC for us right now. Whoever runs this franchise should be fired. Love the game, hate the lack of updates.
+1

I havent touched this game in probably a year now, was one of the fastest in SX the first 6 months since launch or so, but the lack of customization and such drew me to Wreckfest and Forza horizon.

Have i been missing something big since then? Im not a fan of the outdoor tracks so that hasnt really gotten me in to it again.
mxlegend99
Fantasy
1518th
11/28/2020 4:08pm
I really don't understand how they're not pumping DLC for us right now. Whoever runs this franchise should be fired. Love the game, hate the lack...
Be happy just to receive an update to take advantage of my Series X. Just unlock the frame rate for 60fps atleast

Do the same for Series S and PS5. Was quiet hopeful something would be done as we used to get massive updates regularly. But perhaps they're focused on a All Out 2 now.
Dutch348
3/11/2021 2:36pm
Still no new dlc, no Fox Raceway, no news on a new game? Wow.

Post a reply to: mx vs atv all out

The Latest