mx vs atv all out

aeffertz
7/16/2019 11:23am
So I picked up the controller and played this game again after not touching it since the first couple of updates. Have to say, I'm still not that thrilled about it. It's still fundamentally broken...
-The game guiding you along the track by bumping/floating your rider over a few feet at times is seriously still the biggest WTF. Why are they doing this?
-The bike sometimes having a gyro effect in the air and then at other times having no gyro effect at all is probably biggest annoyance for me.
-I wish you couldn't just start flipping/spinning your bike all over the place halfway through a jump, it's ruins the fluid feeling of riding a dirt bike and mainly makes the bike feel weightless or there is zero gravity. I dislike that you can make your guy do double backflips/barrel rolls off most jumps. I think Reflex had a good balance of control of the bike in the air and not having it feel weightless.
-Turbo boost clutch, pogo stick suspension, preload and just twitchy feeling in general make it hard to want to play the game at all.

That being said, I'll probably pick up the national DLC to spin some laps and support them but man, I thought you guys said the game was updated and fixed.
greenmx5
7/16/2019 11:26am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2019 11:27am
aeffertz wrote:
So I picked up the controller and played this game again after not touching it since the first couple of updates. Have to say, I'm still...
So I picked up the controller and played this game again after not touching it since the first couple of updates. Have to say, I'm still not that thrilled about it. It's still fundamentally broken...
-The game guiding you along the track by bumping/floating your rider over a few feet at times is seriously still the biggest WTF. Why are they doing this?
-The bike sometimes having a gyro effect in the air and then at other times having no gyro effect at all is probably biggest annoyance for me.
-I wish you couldn't just start flipping/spinning your bike all over the place halfway through a jump, it's ruins the fluid feeling of riding a dirt bike and mainly makes the bike feel weightless or there is zero gravity. I dislike that you can make your guy do double backflips/barrel rolls off most jumps. I think Reflex had a good balance of control of the bike in the air and not having it feel weightless.
-Turbo boost clutch, pogo stick suspension, preload and just twitchy feeling in general make it hard to want to play the game at all.

That being said, I'll probably pick up the national DLC to spin some laps and support them but man, I thought you guys said the game was updated and fixed.
You have to mess with the tuning to get rid of the pogo stick feel of the suspension. Once you find the right feel, it gets a lot better
aeffertz
7/16/2019 11:36am
greenmx5 wrote:
You have to mess with the tuning to get rid of the pogo stick feel of the suspension. Once you find the right feel, it gets...
You have to mess with the tuning to get rid of the pogo stick feel of the suspension. Once you find the right feel, it gets a lot better
I'm using the tuning you guys have shared here and I think the problem I described isn't able to be remedied by the in game settings. The bike just doesn't react as if there is any weight to it. It is bouncy on the ground and completely weightless in the air, so you can just hurl it around into a 360 at any point.
7/16/2019 12:18pm
greenmx5 wrote:
You have to mess with the tuning to get rid of the pogo stick feel of the suspension. Once you find the right feel, it gets...
aeffertz wrote:
I'm using the tuning you guys have shared here and I think the problem I described isn't able to be remedied by the in game settings...
I'm using the tuning you guys have shared here and I think the problem I described isn't able to be remedied by the in game settings. The bike just doesn't react as if there is any weight to it. It is bouncy on the ground and completely weightless in the air, so you can just hurl it around into a 360 at any point.
Heavier chassis and less suspension will help your rebound issue in the choppy stuff. Once you find your speed the physics are really better there's a learning curve to it.

I can't believe we're really getting tracks this is awesome!!

The Shop

7/16/2019 12:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2019 12:36pm
aeffertz wrote:
So I picked up the controller and played this game again after not touching it since the first couple of updates. Have to say, I'm still...

Cant say Ive ever experienced the game guiding me along a track, but the other things are definitely still there. You might be able to help a bit with tuning but it doesn't do a WHOLE lot. Ive just kind of accepted the game for what it is; an extremely unrealistic, goofy yet fun arcade mx game. I usually stick to MX Simulator or Reflex on PC for mx games. All Out is definitely the best MvA since Alive, to me it feels a lot like Reflex crossed with MX Unleashed.

That being said, it's too sick that we're finally getting replica nationals on an mx game (not counting user created content)! We've been asking for them for so long, hopefully they don't make us wait too much longer.

*EDIT* from MVA Facebook: "WE'LL BE TALKING ABOUT RELEASE DATES, TRACKS AND OTHER DETAILS THIS FRIDAY!". Likely will be mid-late next week or early the week after until we can get our hands on it I would say.
peelout
7/16/2019 1:00pm
aeffertz wrote:

i can honestly say that all of your complaints would be taken care of if you switch to 1st person. doesn't bounce you around, seems like you can pick your line in corners a lot better, and for me it keeps me from trying to Bubba-scrub every single jump. also it just feels like the game was built with 1st person in mind, it rocks.
Sweetd31
7/16/2019 1:02pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2019 1:03pm
aeffertz wrote:
I'm using the tuning you guys have shared here and I think the problem I described isn't able to be remedied by the in game settings...
I hope there are no kids reading this, but smoke some, it’ll all make since afterwards

This game is for str8 chillin and relaxin, best way to cure the bumpiness is lay off the gasolina
7/16/2019 1:20pm
if you’ve tuned the bike properly and you still come on here to complain, either play in FPV or stop playing the game if you don’t like it. it’s really that simple. the game has come along way and it’s the best arcade motocross game made to date. i personally am not into third person view as i can relate to some of the complaints i read, but i can get those feelings to go away as i put more time into third person view...

the bouncing and all that is related to skill. if you’re bouncing around everywhere it’s because....you’re bouncing around everywhere. you’re hitting into ruts and what not. the longer i play third person view the less that happens cause i get better at the game in that view. i like first person view and as others have stated, it’s kinda a completely different game and the physics are different.

i told you guys a whiiiile back we were getting national replicas!!!!
Sweetd31
7/16/2019 1:54pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2019 4:44pm
Sweetd31 wrote:
Big news! Could not believe it. Mx vs atv: all out is officailly an AMA licensed game!!

"Link to the actual video with AMA license tracks!! @6:00 minutes he mentions about DLC that lucas oil nationals are coming" - 6/20/2018

And some yal just thought I was click-baiting Smile

I knew what I saw, I knew what I read. Sorry, I am gonna victory lap about 3-4 more times Smile

Ya boy has been doing honest journalism as a side hobby. Flex!

MW19
7/16/2019 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2019 3:57pm
Curious as to when and if ALL the national tracks will be available. Either way it looks like at least 3. Im stoked! Been waiting for this for way too long.

Also want to point out that these guys know how to do replicas very well. I've never been a huge fan of their original tracks they make. But man, the goat and stewart compound were freaking amazing. If these nationals are anything like those tracks, its gonna be epicccc!
Sweetd31
7/16/2019 6:03pm

Ohhhhh I've been waiting to make this video for a lonnggg time! Enjoy!

Thank you for the love along the way, this forum has been a blast,
Sincerely,

Daniel
7/16/2019 7:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2019 8:56pm
Sweetd31 wrote:
[embed] https://youtu.be/husbFDwB9H4 [/embed] Ohhhhh I've been waiting to make this video for a lonnggg time! Enjoy! Thank you for the love along the way, this forum...

Sincerely,

Daniel
Edited cuz I'm a dick.

I was just peeved that you clickbaited the cover photo with a screenshot of redbud and then it was just all old riding footage
7/16/2019 8:00pm
Sweetd31 wrote:
[embed] https://youtu.be/husbFDwB9H4 [/embed] Ohhhhh I've been waiting to make this video for a lonnggg time! Enjoy! Thank you for the love along the way, this forum...

Sincerely,

Daniel
i enjoy your content daniel. community full of losers
7/16/2019 8:01pm
Sweetd31 wrote:

Sincerely,

Daniel
i enjoy your content daniel. community full of losers
flatout111
7/17/2019 6:14am Edited Date/Time 7/17/2019 6:30am
Sweetd31 wrote:
"Link to the actual video with AMA license tracks!! @6:00 minutes he mentions about DLC that lucas oil nationals are coming" - [u][b]6/20/2018[/b][/u] And some yal...
"Link to the actual video with AMA license tracks!! @6:00 minutes he mentions about DLC that lucas oil nationals are coming" - 6/20/2018

And some yal just thought I was click-baiting Smile

I knew what I saw, I knew what I read. Sorry, I am gonna victory lap about 3-4 more times Smile

Ya boy has been doing honest journalism as a side hobby. Flex!

Thanks to the team and all involved for their hard work on what's forthcoming.
greenmx5
7/17/2019 8:10am
In a roundabout way, we can thank Milestone for this. We were told for years by the guys at Rainbow that this could never be done, that there were too many moving parts and too many hoops to jump through. Maybe they didn't feel like going through the trouble since nobody else had at that point? Maybe they didn't think the time and resources to profit ratio was good enough or that people were exaggerating? Then Milestone comes out with the Supercross series and everyone says "wait... I thought that could never happen?" A few years later, here we are.
Donovan759
7/17/2019 10:30am
Just saw the news via Twitter. Prepping to quit my job and fully dedicate myself to this DLC.

Its a good time to be a moto gamer. It was only 3 years ago I was regularly going back to playing MX superfly & MX Unleashed because I was so bored with the current moto games.
flatout111
7/17/2019 10:50am
Donovan759 wrote:
Just saw the news via Twitter. Prepping to quit my job and fully dedicate myself to this DLC. Its a good time to be a moto...
Just saw the news via Twitter. Prepping to quit my job and fully dedicate myself to this DLC.

Its a good time to be a moto gamer. It was only 3 years ago I was regularly going back to playing MX superfly & MX Unleashed because I was so bored with the current moto games.
Lol. I'll def enjoy it but not sure will go to those extremes! Have fun, brother!
7/17/2019 11:26am
If anyone wants someone to play All Out with on Xbox, add me up. Gamertag is jordan_crx. Also play a bit of apex, nhl 19, ufc3, forza and some others.

Also, I love how they showed the tracks in free ride mode in the trailer, theyre going to look sick during a race with the environment decked out! cant wait to huck the leap on a 125 Cool
scrallex
7/17/2019 3:06pm
Racing on this game is absolutely worthless. You either have your bike setup to behave like a normal dirt bike and get smoked or you set it up like missile and float around everywhere going two thousand miles an hour.
zehn
7/17/2019 3:19pm
scrallex wrote:
Racing on this game is absolutely worthless. You either have your bike setup to behave like a normal dirt bike and get smoked or you set...
Racing on this game is absolutely worthless. You either have your bike setup to behave like a normal dirt bike and get smoked or you set it up like missile and float around everywhere going two thousand miles an hour.
Or you could just give up your ego and play the game the way that you enjoy. Who tf cares if you get smoked in online racing
scrallex
7/17/2019 3:32pm
scrallex wrote:
Racing on this game is absolutely worthless. You either have your bike setup to behave like a normal dirt bike and get smoked or you set...
zehn wrote:
Or you could just give up your ego and play the game the way that you enjoy. Who tf cares if you get smoked in online...
Or you could just give up your ego and play the game the way that you enjoy. Who tf cares if you get smoked in online racing
I am. The game has the potential to be fun to play when you set the weight and power to something that actually resembles reality. It's just pointless hopping into multiplayer because there are always going to be people that have that shit cranked to ridiculously unrealistic physics and power. Which is why I feel that racing on this game is absolutely worthless.

It's still fun as hell as a freeride game. But as a competitive racing game, i just don't feel it.
MotoMo165
7/17/2019 4:52pm
scrallex wrote:
Dude that’s what I’m saying. Every time I think about setting up the bike to play the way I want (which is sick that I can do that) I think how I’ll just get murdered online. That kills the fun altogether for me. Would be cool if they had a game mode just for us “real” bike tune guys
flatout111
7/18/2019 4:51am
This is where you need a good, competitive and realistic single player season mode. So you can run settings that feel realistic but since AI is never as fast as human players you can have good results.

I personally run the most realistic pacing I can. I think the game's physics are nice tuned properly though I do think it's too fast. So I don't max out my engine. I also play in slot cam view which isn't the best for being competitive but I like seeing where my front wheel is going so I really enjoy that.

Since I'm offline it doesn't matter and I can play how I want to play. Unfortunately, the single player season and braap mode is broken so hoping that improves for next game.
flatout111
7/18/2019 5:05am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2019 5:09am
BTW boys, everyone is super excited about what we saw in the trailer. So, yeah, looking good and yes, we've been wanting Lucas Oil Pro Motocross replicas forever. But thats not all. Smile

Hopefully the info is announced tomorrow I would think. Pretty sure that's what Devon tweeted.
Sweetd31
7/18/2019 7:56am
scrallex wrote:
MotoMo165 wrote:
Dude that’s what I’m saying. Every time I think about setting up the bike to play the way I want (which is sick that I can...
Dude that’s what I’m saying. Every time I think about setting up the bike to play the way I want (which is sick that I can do that) I think how I’ll just get murdered online. That kills the fun altogether for me. Would be cool if they had a game mode just for us “real” bike tune guys
Chassis killed overall competitiveness, I used to be able to run a nerfed tune and still hang/beat competitive players. Now, no chance. Even an average player running heavy/leftward chassis will walk on someone attempting a “realistic” tune. Everyone was on more of an even playing field when chassis was not in the equation.

@Flatout111, I find with engine all the way down and sprocket around the middle is as slow as it’s gonna get, which is what I want.

“But that’s not all”? I like it! No I love it! 😀👍
Sweetd31
7/18/2019 7:58am
Also, I’ve made up my mind... chassis dead-center in the middle
BroFoSho
7/18/2019 10:04am
scrallex wrote:
MotoMo165 wrote:
Dude that’s what I’m saying. Every time I think about setting up the bike to play the way I want (which is sick that I can...
Exactly. It's like playing Call of Duty online but players can input cheat codes.
It kills all of the fun, unless you "cheat", you can't win.

Post a reply to: mx vs atv all out

The Latest