mx kid gets beat up ..eye site at stake..

zippy895
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:00pm
|
zippy895
10/6/2010 3:22pm
HERMINIE, Pa. -- Police are investigating the beating of an 18-year-old Westmoreland County student that has left the teen in danger of losing his vision and a promising career racing dirt bikes.

Neighbors told Channel 4 Action News' Jennifer Miele that the attack happened Saturday morning in Tyler Luft's driveway on Sixth Street in Herminie.

"I was at home and I heard a commotion break out across the yard. It was eight or 10 kids came and dragged my neighbor boy out of his truck and beat the snot out of him and then they took off," said neighbor Bob Swartz.

Swartz's wife, Heather, told Miele that she "just saw the cars driving away and kids yelling and screaming, so my daughter came and got me. When I came out, Tyler was laying up at the stop sign."

Miele reported doctors at UPMC Presbyterian hospital are inserting a metal plate in Luft's face to repair broken orbital and cheek bones.

Bob and Heather Swartz said Luft was poised to turn his avid dirt bike riding into a potential career complete with racing sponsors.

But the injuries he suffered in the attack have severely jeopardized those plans.

"Rumor has it the kids are happy he might lose his sight so he can't race dirt bikes no more. He's going to lose his dirt bike career," said Bob Swartz.

Pennsylvania State Police would only confirm that as many as eight young men are being investigated in the attack.

Miele reported that the majority of those being investigated are former or current students at Yough Senior High School, including two football players.

Luft is a former Yough student, who is currently a senior in a cyber school, Miele reported.

Miele reported that the Yough Senior High School was placed on lockdown Wednesday and faculty was warned to watch for any tension between students.

It is not clear when police may file charges.

No motive for the attack has been given
NeWskoolmxer
10/6/2010 3:25pm
What a damn shame, If I were the neighbor I woulda had my gun handy and Shot the little basterds.
MotoGuido
10/6/2010 3:31pm
Wow what did this kid do to provoke that!? There's gotta be more to this story.. Can't believe those cowards ganged up on the kid. Those losers didn't have the nerve to take the guy one-on-one. No matter what a guy does there is no honor in that. At least give him a fighting chance.
bd
10/6/2010 3:36pm
MotoGuido wrote:
Wow what did this kid do to provoke that!? There's gotta be more to this story.. Can't believe those cowards ganged up on the kid. Those...
Wow what did this kid do to provoke that!? There's gotta be more to this story.. Can't believe those cowards ganged up on the kid. Those losers didn't have the nerve to take the guy one-on-one. No matter what a guy does there is no honor in that. At least give him a fighting chance.
Regardless, unless the MX kid threatened those boys, he did not deserve getting jumped. Those kids who jumped him are going to be charged at least with battery and bodily harm. The state will press charges and I expect a civil case. No one wins in this case.

The Shop

Torco1
10/6/2010 3:37pm Edited Date/Time 10/6/2010 3:39pm
MotoGuido wrote:
Wow what did this kid do to provoke that!? There's gotta be more to this story.. Can't believe those cowards ganged up on the kid. Those...
I agree, either they are a bunch of dicks that think this is cool, or this guy really did do something pretty fucked up ( and I mean pretty bad to a family member or something) to one of these guys that deserved some pretty major paypack. I'm sure more to this story will come out soon.
munsch121
10/6/2010 4:22pm
A loss for words...what kind of lowlife spineless scum would get together with 10 friends to beat down ONE kid ? I agree there has to be more to this, but cannot see what would warrant that type of beating.
jmar
10/6/2010 4:43pm Edited Date/Time 10/6/2010 4:45pm
Who knows what went on here, and I don't like the idea of anyone taking a beatdown like this.

The question I have is, what does this have to do with a racing career?
shaner708
10/6/2010 5:20pm
I've met Tyler a couple times, wouldn't say I knew him just saw him out practicing at local tracks. He's not a big kid at all, I thought he was like 16 until I read that article. I've also never heard of him being a fighter or anything like that. I can't really add anymore because I don't know, but its a shame, and shouldn't have happened
500guy
10/6/2010 5:21pm
Terrible stuff, I hate to hear it, sounds like more then one life is going to change for the worse over this stupidity.
mxb2
10/6/2010 5:23pm
500guy wrote:
Terrible stuff, I hate to hear it, sounds like more then one life is going to change for the worse over this stupidity.
LOSE LOSE situation for both families involved! 2 sides to every story, no need for an assault any way you look at it!
10/6/2010 5:31pm
jmar wrote:
Who knows what went on here, and I don't like the idea of anyone taking a beatdown like this. The question I have is, what does...
Who knows what went on here, and I don't like the idea of anyone taking a beatdown like this.

how can you ride if you cant see?

my question is, who is the kid? if he has a promising mx career and is 18 i think we would have heard of him.
Trent179
10/6/2010 5:35pm
Is it just me or did the neighbor act like he thought it was kind of funny? I agree with most though, got to be more to the story.
jmar
10/6/2010 5:45pm
jmar wrote:
Who knows what went on here, and I don't like the idea of anyone taking a beatdown like this. The question I have is, what does...

how can you ride if you cant see? my question is, who is the kid? if he has a promising mx career and is 18 i...
how can you ride if you cant see?

my question is, who is the kid? if he has a promising mx career and is 18 i think we would have heard of him.
my question is, who is the kid?

Although I have been out of the loop for some time now, I have no idea who this kid is.
CR92
10/6/2010 5:52pm
what a bunch of girls fighting him 10 to 1 real pussy move if you ask me
FIREfish148
10/6/2010 6:29pm
Wow , just wow.
Bet the kid messed around with one of their girls or somethin. Thats usually how shit like this happens. I hope those kids get theirs. What a bitch move to do. Thats just a commonlaw; you fight your own fight right?
10/6/2010 7:21pm
MotoGuido wrote:
every thing your hearing on the news is wrong it was a one on one fight and the other kid got a unlucky punch and everything is being blown way out of wack the state police already have statements from both sides that will clear that part of it up
and i hope he will be able to see out of that eye again
the news are the scum here watch and investigate for your self
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
10/6/2010 7:29pm Edited Date/Time 10/6/2010 7:29pm
every thing your hearing on the news is wrong it was a one on one fight and the other kid got a unlucky punch and everything...
every thing your hearing on the news is wrong it was a one on one fight and the other kid got a unlucky punch and everything is being blown way out of wack the state police already have statements from both sides that will clear that part of it up
Questions:

Were you there at the scene?

Are you one of the accused in the gang of 8-10?

Are you friends with the accused?

Do you have a beef with the kid that got beat up?
TerryK
10/6/2010 7:29pm
Thats a damned shame for sure.

What you guys don't understand is that ganging up on people is the most common form of "fighting" amongst teens. There is no more honor or fighting like a man one on one. If the fight starts out one on one, as soon as one fighter is down, the other guys friends will jump in and lay the boots to the kid on the ground. Kicks to the face and stomping are all fair game for these baboons.

Sometimes I hate what we've become.
10/6/2010 7:35pm
MotoGuido wrote:
every thing your hearing on the news is wrong it was a one on one fight and the other kid got a unlucky punch and everything...
and you know this how?
Switch
10/6/2010 8:50pm
MotoGuido wrote:
Seems like a strange first post... so did you lawyer up right away or try to wiggle out of it?
MotoGuido
10/6/2010 10:33pm Edited Date/Time 10/6/2010 10:34pm
MotoGuido wrote:
Switch wrote:
Seems like a strange first post... so did you lawyer up right away or try to wiggle out of it?
Lol yeah for real! What is the story. Just dropping in to add that comment...??
10/7/2010 12:33am
munsch121 wrote:
A loss for words...what kind of lowlife spineless scum would get together with 10 friends to beat down ONE kid ? I agree there has to...
A loss for words...what kind of lowlife spineless scum would get together with 10 friends to beat down ONE kid ? I agree there has to be more to this, but cannot see what would warrant that type of beating.
This is typical these days the world over. No such thing as a "fair" or one-on-one fist fight anymore. In my mind, nothing warrants a mob of people beating a single person but there is more to the story - a girl or drugs? Actually, that kid is lucky he's alive. One well placed kick or punch to the head can kill someone.
FlaNard
10/7/2010 2:12am
That is sad and I hope he can recover from it. Its part of what is so pathetic about society nowadays. Even when I was a kid we could have a fair fight. You fought with your fists, you won or you lost, and you moved the fuck on. Now these little bitches are so scared to get beat up that they pick fights in groups or with weapons. I dont care if the guy fucks your sister on camera, you dont get 8 guys together to jump him like a bunch of pussy's. You handle it like a man. What the fuck is wrong with these kids?
10/7/2010 5:46am
CR92 wrote:
what a bunch of girls fighting him 10 to 1 real pussy move if you ask me
a good question to ask yourself is there were 10 kids why didnt he have bruises and broken bones antwere else do you think all 10 kids hit him in the same spot?
it was a one on one fight that he thru the first punch and the other kid got a couple unlucky punches in i know there was a head butt also and that could be were the damage happened most
this getting blown way out of proportion people just need to use commonsence and the truth will come out
Weeks381fan
10/7/2010 5:49am Edited Date/Time 10/7/2010 5:50am
You are obviously one of the kids or friends with them. I hope they are old enough to get put in jail and bent over by Bubba for a while. That might teach the little punks something.
jmar
10/7/2010 6:10am
You are obviously one of the kids or friends with them. I hope they are old enough to get put in jail and bent over by...
You are obviously one of the kids or friends with them. I hope they are old enough to get put in jail and bent over by Bubba for a while. That might teach the little punks something.
I don't believe that you, I or anyone else on this board has a clue on what happen. Why post silly things like this?

10/7/2010 6:16am
You are obviously one of the kids or friends with them. I hope they are old enough to get put in jail and bent over by...
jmar wrote:
I don't believe that you, I or anyone else on this board has a clue on what happen. Why post silly things like this?

I have to go with the News report. These guys are professional and don't just go after sound bites to sell the evening news. If this was a one on one fight the matter will be handled in Civil Court not Criminal Court. The gang beating story is a better sell.
88sdad
10/7/2010 6:26am
Bubba,s in jail?

Post a reply to: mx kid gets beat up ..eye site at stake..

The Latest