mx 2 entries indonesia

Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
Edited Date/Time 6/20/2022 4:05pm
A whopping 14 riders. This is bad folks and sad what has become of mxgp.

MX2 Entries
11 Haarup Mikkel KAWASAKI DEN DMU Big Van World MTX Kawasaki
24 Horgmo Kevin KAWASAKI NOR NMF F&H Kawasaki Racing Team
28 Vialle Tom KTM FRA FFM Red Bull KTM Factory Racing
38 Rubini Stephen HONDA FRA FFM TEAM SHIP TO CYCLE HONDA SR MOTOBLOUZ
63 Theerapongs Rattanap Phattiphat KTM MAS MAM
65 Lingam Dharwin KAWASAKI MAS MAM
68 Iroly Muhammad Hakimi KAWASAKI MAS MAM
74 de Wolf Kay HUSQVARNA NED KNMV Nestaan Husqvarna Factory Racing
80 Adamo Andrea GASGAS ITA FMI SM ACTION RACING TEAM YUASA Battery
93 Geerts Jago YAMAHA BEL FMB Monster Energy Yamaha Factory MX2 Team
198 Benistant Thibault YAMAHA FRA FFM Monster Energy Yamaha Factory MX2 Team
325 Alfarizi Delvintor HONDA INA IMI Astra Honda Racing Team
516 Laengenfelder Simon GASGAS GER DMSB Red Bull GASGAS Factory Racing
517 Gifting Isak KTM SWE SVEMO Hitachi KTM fuelled by Milwaukee
|
Press516
Fantasy
126th
6/20/2022 6:44am
Dirt_Dawg wrote:
A whopping 14 riders. This is bad folks and sad what has become of mxgp. MX2 Entries 11 Haarup Mikkel KAWASAKI DEN DMU Big Van World...

MX2 Entries
Points for just showing up??? I'm surprised at this...
Skerby
6/20/2022 6:54am
This is what happens when you run an mx series like a business. We are very lucky to have a guy like DC in charge who is actually passionate about this sport.
Juck
Fantasy
309th
6/20/2022 6:56am
Does anyone on here wanna come for a trip to Indonesia with me and score some points?

The Shop

6/20/2022 6:59am
14 riders what is going on ? Local races get 15-28 in the 125 class. Sat I went to a local race non ama classes where totally diff like 100-200 cc. Off rd riders racing there 1st Mx race on a 98 cr125 and signing up for 2 classes, he had a yz125 also but likes the older bike better. Must hv been 90 kids on 50cc. Total grass roots awesome hills and valleys with a Great flow on the track. IMO the local races r where the fun is. The most unique start in the world . A 450 rider that raced all the nationals last yr and finished 20,21st in motos. Finished 7,4 on a local track in May that was closed for 12 yrs.
6/20/2022 7:15am
It’s extremely expensive to do any kind of travel right now.
Local races in Wisconsin r doing good. The industry needs to wake up and support riders that ride a lot. State points should hv 10k for a expert class state championship at least. The local racer keeps the lights on at any Mx industry buisness. Local riders that smoke a top 20 national rider get nothing. They work full time and end up maxing credit cards out to ride and race. The cash purse doesn’t even cover the gas going to a race.
biglad
6/20/2022 7:24am
Standing construct Husqvarna team posted that Indonesia expenses will be 48k for the one event. GP's are in need of a serious shake up before it's too late.
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
6/20/2022 7:33am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2022 7:39am
Skerby wrote:
This is what happens when you run an mx series like a business. We are very lucky to have a guy like DC in charge who...
This is what happens when you run an mx series like a business. We are very lucky to have a guy like DC in charge who is actually passionate about this sport.
So true man, when the higher ups only see the series as a cash cow and dont give a damn about the actual sport and people involved. Future looks bleak if manufactorers, teams , riders , sponsors etc. dont step in.
Talan_Hansen
6/20/2022 7:36am
14 riders what is going on ? Local races get 15-28 in the 125 class. Sat I went to a local race non ama classes where...
14 riders what is going on ? Local races get 15-28 in the 125 class. Sat I went to a local race non ama classes where totally diff like 100-200 cc. Off rd riders racing there 1st Mx race on a 98 cr125 and signing up for 2 classes, he had a yz125 also but likes the older bike better. Must hv been 90 kids on 50cc. Total grass roots awesome hills and valleys with a Great flow on the track. IMO the local races r where the fun is. The most unique start in the world . A 450 rider that raced all the nationals last yr and finished 20,21st in motos. Finished 7,4 on a local track in May that was closed for 12 yrs.
Hey we were there too! Fun track.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
6/20/2022 7:37am
Dirt_Dawg wrote:
A whopping 14 riders. This is bad folks and sad what has become of mxgp. MX2 Entries 11 Haarup Mikkel KAWASAKI DEN DMU Big Van World...

MX2 Entries
Wow 10 regulars. Damn... A B rider could sign up, beat the locals and hope that someone else has a DNF and get a top 10 finish in the world championship. Don't see that very often
6/20/2022 7:40am
biglad wrote:
Standing construct Husqvarna team posted that Indonesia expenses will be 48k for the one event. GP's are in need of a serious shake up before it's...
Standing construct Husqvarna team posted that Indonesia expenses will be 48k for the one event. GP's are in need of a serious shake up before it's too late.
48k I believe it. In 95 to ship next day air just the 1st set of manels for hhg drilling it was 100k. IMO no pro team should get free oil, etc there sponsor can pu the bill. The Mx industry is going to b in big trouble. There gauging riders on product too much . There’s only 1 track on America that can get ovr 850 riders and that,s in Illinois.
6/20/2022 7:53am
14 riders what is going on ? Local races get 15-28 in the 125 class. Sat I went to a local race non ama classes where...
Yeah it Looked Really fun. My back hip and leg is bad yet and my bikes are not ready. So I went there to help out. I was a member there 1990 to 15. I joined the club sat 200 bucks. If I feel better Tuesday morning I,m riding all day. Supposed to b 97+ and muggy absolutely perfect.
roninho
6/20/2022 8:04am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2022 8:05am
In the current economic climate with 2 years of Corona and a war in Ukraine it's insane for an European based GP competition to do these fly-away GP's. 48k for Standing Construct just for the travel costs for 1 GP makes no sense, no sense at all.

Having said that, as for all the 'GP's are dying' posts... This is nothing new, fly away races have for the past 40 years had bad entries from GP regulars.

Year and nr of regular gp riders per GP outside of Europe

1982: 5, 7, 8
1992: 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 19
2002: -
2012: 19, 19, 20, 20
2022: 10, 15, 16, 16

There were no GP's outside of Europe in '02 (1 in '01 and 0 in 03 as well). In '82 and '92 we had 3 classes all having their own GP's. And the top riders got a travel fee. Data from memotocross
Bearuno
6/20/2022 8:21am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2022 8:24am
biglad wrote:
Standing construct Husqvarna team posted that Indonesia expenses will be 48k for the one event. GP's are in need of a serious shake up before it's...
Yes, it's a bloody expensive exercise.

I've not an accurate idea of the assistance give to teams from Luongo / Infront, now, If Any , but I very much doubt it's any better than the couple of hundred kilos freight assistance per rider I read about a few years ago. There's some arseholes in charge, that just keep the money for themselves, as we all know.

But, something to consider : a year or two ago , when the low entries were being commented on, I went looking for the entries from regular GP riders / teams in the Carlsbad USGP heydays. I think I found that it generally near to 20. And, sometimes, far less.

So, it's always been a big ask for overseas GPs. Of course, entries were lifted by Local riders, both High End ones, but also you'd always have a few blokes that weren't up to 'it'.

When they first went to Indonesia, in the late 90s(?) / early 2000s, you'd get a few Australians, and, I think Kiwis doing it, but, 'journeyman racers', so to speak. I can't recall if any of our 'guns' rode. That kept up the numbers, plus the locals. I worked once with a f**knuckle that always boasted about it, even though he finished nowhere.... but hey, at least he had a go

Saw a few videos of the MXGP track the other day. It looks really good - plenty of undulation ( though , of course the usual suspects will say it's flat as a maggot) , and, a good layout. Here's a couple of build / prep progress videos from, I think, the local Tourism Board :
https://youtu.be/d4tUoNncpzM https://youtu.be/MwH7hij6WxM

I think there's a music festival on as well, in the big flat area with a stage. I dived into airfares to get there, but, even with "she who Must be Obeyed" loving going to Indonesia ( first time she went , to the 'submerged' Pankal Penang MXGP, she absolutely loved it - never thought the 'Queen of Clean' would have loved the muck so much - the Mindboggling House On The Coast we had may have had a bit to do with it) she vetoed it due to my ongoing ill health. Perhaps in a few months, for a Euro GP or two...... Bummer. I like Indonesia, and it's on a different Island that I've not been to. Sad
SteveUrchin
Fantasy
930th
6/20/2022 8:26am
Exactly why American motocross is number one motocross series!!!!!
8tensolutions
6/20/2022 8:35am
But MXGP is better than Pro MX lol. It's been this way for years. They cannot get full gates in the away races and people paying for rides etc. Laughable. I hope the world SX series does a better job creating a model that actually works.
Sawfish
6/20/2022 9:17am
I’ll start a go fund me to get one of those dudes from India on a boat with his dual sport.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
6/20/2022 10:19am
Bearuno wrote:
Yes, it's a [i]bloody [/i] expensive exercise. I've not an accurate idea of the assistance give to teams from Luongo / Infront, now, [i]If Any [/i]...
Yes, it's a bloody expensive exercise.

I've not an accurate idea of the assistance give to teams from Luongo / Infront, now, If Any , but I very much doubt it's any better than the couple of hundred kilos freight assistance per rider I read about a few years ago. There's some arseholes in charge, that just keep the money for themselves, as we all know.

But, something to consider : a year or two ago , when the low entries were being commented on, I went looking for the entries from regular GP riders / teams in the Carlsbad USGP heydays. I think I found that it generally near to 20. And, sometimes, far less.

So, it's always been a big ask for overseas GPs. Of course, entries were lifted by Local riders, both High End ones, but also you'd always have a few blokes that weren't up to 'it'.

When they first went to Indonesia, in the late 90s(?) / early 2000s, you'd get a few Australians, and, I think Kiwis doing it, but, 'journeyman racers', so to speak. I can't recall if any of our 'guns' rode. That kept up the numbers, plus the locals. I worked once with a f**knuckle that always boasted about it, even though he finished nowhere.... but hey, at least he had a go

Saw a few videos of the MXGP track the other day. It looks really good - plenty of undulation ( though , of course the usual suspects will say it's flat as a maggot) , and, a good layout. Here's a couple of build / prep progress videos from, I think, the local Tourism Board :
https://youtu.be/d4tUoNncpzM https://youtu.be/MwH7hij6WxM

I think there's a music festival on as well, in the big flat area with a stage. I dived into airfares to get there, but, even with "she who Must be Obeyed" loving going to Indonesia ( first time she went , to the 'submerged' Pankal Penang MXGP, she absolutely loved it - never thought the 'Queen of Clean' would have loved the muck so much - the Mindboggling House On The Coast we had may have had a bit to do with it) she vetoed it due to my ongoing ill health. Perhaps in a few months, for a Euro GP or two...... Bummer. I like Indonesia, and it's on a different Island that I've not been to. Sad
Would have been late 90s , and yes some kiwis did go

But it was a different world then , you could break a kx125 down into suitcases and put it on the plane with you , the trick was to carry the motor on as hand luggage to save on the extra weight costs , try that with airport security now

Also. The promoter paid 1200 Swiss franks to qualify , not it costs about the same just to enter
Juck
Fantasy
309th
6/20/2022 10:57am
Dirt_Dawg wrote:

MX2 Entries
crusty_xx wrote:
Wow 10 regulars. Damn... A B rider could sign up, beat the locals and hope that someone else has a DNF and get a top 10...
Wow 10 regulars. Damn... A B rider could sign up, beat the locals and hope that someone else has a DNF and get a top 10 finish in the world championship. Don't see that very often
Maybe I should get in contact with some Indonesian teams or dealerships....
philG
6/20/2022 11:05am
Skerby wrote:
This is what happens when you run an mx series like a business. We are very lucky to have a guy like DC in charge who...
Nothing to disagree with there.

Its a fucking joke.

I wont watch.
Sparkalounger
6/20/2022 11:20am
Yeah it Looked Really fun. My back hip and leg is bad yet and my bikes are not ready. So I went there to help out...
Yeah it Looked Really fun. My back hip and leg is bad yet and my bikes are not ready. So I went there to help out. I was a member there 1990 to 15. I joined the club sat 200 bucks. If I feel better Tuesday morning I,m riding all day. Supposed to b 97+ and muggy absolutely perfect.
What is this place called? location?
6/20/2022 12:12pm
Yeah it Looked Really fun. My back hip and leg is bad yet and my bikes are not ready. So I went there to help out...
What is this place called? location?
It’s called Denmark Mx now. It’s 15 min outside of Green Bay off i43. 200 for a yearly membership. It was a Ama track 1969 to aprox 2015. Very safe rounded table tops with a few hills that you float ovr. Great flowing track now. A separate track to ride also. Pics r from April cold rainy day.

6/20/2022 3:06pm
Juck wrote:
Does anyone on here wanna come for a trip to Indonesia with me and score some points?
I’ll supply the bin-tang singlet race tops
ATKpilot99
6/20/2022 4:05pm
1st- 15 pts.
2nd- 12
3rd- 10
4th- 8
5th- 6
6th- 5
7th- 4
8th- 3
9th- 2
10th- 1

This was how points were paid in the GPs in the 70s into the early 80s . They should go back to it for this race .

Post a reply to: mx 2 entries indonesia

The Latest