mud the game??????

Edited Date/Time 3/8/2012 11:51pm
any update on when its going to be in stores? though it was due out this month.
|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/8/2012 6:02pm
And the winner of the worst name in a video game goes to... Wink
Trauma
3/8/2012 6:34pm
Yea the name makes me think it's being marketed to the wrong audience, kinda like the Aussie Super X series.
Mstock
3/8/2012 6:35pm
GuyB wrote:
And the winner of the worst name in a video game goes to... ;)
Ever hear of Dirt, Dirt 2, and Dirt 3? They only sold a couple copies I hear because of the name.

The Shop

Trauma
3/8/2012 6:40pm
Also their website says April 2012.
Motodave15
3/8/2012 6:51pm
The video, guyb or oscottie posted a few days ago, is horrendus
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/8/2012 6:51pm
Mstock wrote:
Ever hear of Dirt, Dirt 2, and Dirt 3? They only sold a couple copies I hear because of the name.
Loved Dirt 2. (Dirt was horrible.) Ken Block's name alone could sell turd nuggets...if there were enough Monster logos on them.

What I get out of the Dirt/Mud comarison is that it's not just a crappy name, it's an unoriginal crappy name. Wink
Mstock
3/8/2012 6:56pm
Mstock wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Loved Dirt 2. (Dirt was horrible.) Ken Block's name alone could sell turd nuggets...if there were enough Monster logos on them. What I get out of...
Loved Dirt 2. (Dirt was horrible.) Ken Block's name alone could sell turd nuggets...if there were enough Monster logos on them.

What I get out of the Dirt/Mud comarison is that it's not just a crappy name, it's an unoriginal crappy name. Wink
I agree 100%. Since they bought the official FIM World Motocross Championship rights, the tracks license's, the riders names, etc why not call it FIM World Motocross 2012? Oh well it's just a game.
Trauma
3/8/2012 7:25pm
Mstock wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Loved Dirt 2. (Dirt was horrible.) Ken Block's name alone could sell turd nuggets...if there were enough Monster logos on them. What I get out of...

Huh, Dirt was the only good Dirt game, whats wrong with you? You actually wanted the xgames trash ruining a rally game?
mojoman42
3/8/2012 7:32pm
MUD looks fucking terrible, the gameplay/physics are a joke. Get MX Sim, it's the only good MX game available.
Sherwood
3/8/2012 7:33pm
GuyB wrote:
And the winner of the worst name in a video game goes to... ;)
MX vs ATV untamed, Unleashed Reflex or any of those?

With that said Mud might turnout to be a metaphor for crap.
Mstock
3/8/2012 7:45pm
mojoman42 wrote:
MUD looks fucking terrible, the gameplay/physics are a joke. Get MX Sim, it's the only good MX game available.
How the fuck do you know what the game play and physics are like? You have not even played it dumb ass. But thanks for pulling something out of your ass and posting it.
Motodave15
3/8/2012 7:47pm
Mstock wrote:
How the fuck do you know what the game play and physics are like? You have not even played it dumb ass. But thanks for pulling...
How the fuck do you know what the game play and physics are like? You have not even played it dumb ass. But thanks for pulling something out of your ass and posting it.
before you go bashing, click the link and watch the video.
Mstock
3/8/2012 7:49pm
Mstock wrote:
How the fuck do you know what the game play and physics are like? You have not even played it dumb ass. But thanks for pulling...
Motodave15 wrote:
Watching a video does not provide game play and physics perspectives. If he meant he thinks the game LOOKS like shit or the graphics LOOK like shit then fine.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
3/8/2012 8:54pm
I'll buy it too, it's worth it alone just to ride those real gp tracks.

Agreed, the name blows.
mojoman42
3/8/2012 9:11pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2012 9:14pm
Mstock wrote:
Motodave15 wrote:
Mstock wrote:
Watching a video does not provide game play and physics perspectives. If he meant he thinks the game LOOKS like shit or the graphics LOOK like...
Watching a video does not provide game play and physics perspectives. If he meant he thinks the game LOOKS like shit or the graphics LOOK like shit then fine.
Uh, yeah, videos do tell you a lot. Scrubs are pre-canned animations, it's got moon-gravity, the turning is like you're on rails, bikes react to bumps terribly, and you get a nitro boost from scrubbing.

But I apparently have no idea what I'm talking about and am just pulling shit out of my ass.
scooterB
3/8/2012 9:22pm
yeesh that looks pretty rough...

though i will probably still snag a copy
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
3/8/2012 9:24pm
mojoman42 wrote:
Uh, yeah, videos do tell you a lot. Scrubs are pre-canned animations, it's got moon-gravity, the turning is like you're on rails, bikes react to bumps...
Uh, yeah, videos do tell you a lot. Scrubs are pre-canned animations, it's got moon-gravity, the turning is like you're on rails, bikes react to bumps terribly, and you get a nitro boost from scrubbing.

But I apparently have no idea what I'm talking about and am just pulling shit out of my ass.
Didn't they say that the videos were while the game was in development stage?

At least you have low expectations for this game up front and maybe after might be pleasantly surprised. It's all we got to look forward to. Hell, over time I've managed to find the good in Alive even. Reflex is still a damn good game.
Mstock
3/8/2012 9:33pm
Consoles will never have a great motocross game. MX Sim is the shit. PC gaming is were it's at. Feel bad for the Apple/mac crowd all they get is Mad Skills MX. lol
tobz
3/8/2012 9:41pm
Nothing wrong with the name...

This game seems fine, it'll have it's "general public appeal" quirks like the scrubbing and fantasy parts, but if it can give good racing with glitch free online and dlc, then it shits over any years worth of work done by the late THQ.
mojoman42
3/8/2012 9:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2012 9:53pm
mojoman42 wrote:
Uh, yeah, videos do tell you a lot. Scrubs are pre-canned animations, it's got moon-gravity, the turning is like you're on rails, bikes react to bumps...

Ramrod wrote:
Didn't they say that the videos were while the game was in development stage? At least you have low expectations for this game up front and...

At least you have low expectations for this game up front and maybe after might be pleasantly surprised. It's all we got to look forward to. Hell, over time I've managed to find the good in Alive even. Reflex is still a damn good game.
Sure, some stuff will change between now and the game's release, but the things I'm pointing out aren't going to. There may be minor tweaks to the physics, but core problems like this aren't going to be resolve. They'd essentially need to redo the physics from the ground up, and then the tracks would need to be redone as well to compensate for the changes. That kind of stuff doesn't happen so late into the development cycle.

You should try MX Sim, it's a lot better than any other games out there. The mid to high speed physics are pretty realistic (low-speed could use some work, but it's only an issue when you crash). None of the physics are "faked" as in games like Mud and MVA (for example, using external forces to create whips/scrubs).
wildbill
3/8/2012 10:02pm
I'd rather go out of bounds and get booted.
IceMan446
3/8/2012 10:15pm
mojoman42 wrote:

Ramrod wrote:
Didn't they say that the videos were while the game was in development stage? At least you have low expectations for this game up front and...

mojoman42 wrote:
Sure, some stuff will change between now and the game's release, but the things I'm pointing out aren't going to. There may be minor tweaks to...
Sure, some stuff will change between now and the game's release, but the things I'm pointing out aren't going to. There may be minor tweaks to the physics, but core problems like this aren't going to be resolve. They'd essentially need to redo the physics from the ground up, and then the tracks would need to be redone as well to compensate for the changes. That kind of stuff doesn't happen so late into the development cycle.

You should try MX Sim, it's a lot better than any other games out there. The mid to high speed physics are pretty realistic (low-speed could use some work, but it's only an issue when you crash). None of the physics are "faked" as in games like Mud and MVA (for example, using external forces to create whips/scrubs).
But MX Sim has horrible graphics. So its a trade off.

You want great game play and real life handling, but you also don't want to look at some piece of crap bike and track either.

Some one will have to come up with a game that is a compromise of both. Why can MX Sim make a console game with what they have and tweak it to appeal to both the average fan and the hardcore fan?
3/8/2012 10:30pm
IceMan446 wrote:
But MX Sim has horrible graphics. So its a trade off. You want great game play and real life handling, but you also don't want to...

You want great game play and real life handling, but you also don't want to look at some piece of crap bike and track either.

Some one will have to come up with a game that is a compromise of both. Why can MX Sim make a console game with what they have and tweak it to appeal to both the average fan and the hardcore fan?
Wait let me get this straight.

THOSE graphics are the reason you cannot enjoy the game? Wow.
Mstock
3/8/2012 10:46pm
People who say MX Sim has horrible graphics are just downloading the free demo. The demo is a total joke. JLV should get rid of the demo. 99% of the people who "try" it do not buy the game because of it. Very stupid marketing. A free demo is meant to attract customers not turn them away.
IceMan446
3/8/2012 10:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2012 10:54pm
IceMan446 wrote:
But MX Sim has horrible graphics. So its a trade off. You want great game play and real life handling, but you also don't want to...

Wait let me get this straight. [img]https://i.imgur.com/SnjyY.jpg[/img] THOSE graphics are the reason you cannot enjoy the game? Wow.
Wait let me get this straight.

THOSE graphics are the reason you cannot enjoy the game? Wow.
Not saying I don't like the game, or that it isn't decent on the graphics side.

But console games have better graphics then that. No denying it.

That's part of my point though, get that on a console and god knows how many games you could sell.

People do want to play a game that looks visually as good as it plays.

Post a reply to: mud the game??????

The Latest