moving to SoCal.. best spot for seat time???

Related:
Create New Tag

1/29/2020 2:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2020 2:18 PM

moving later this year... right now I'm thinking either riverside area or down around temecula.. any info would be greatly appreciated!!

|

1/29/2020 2:21 PM

You have plenty of seat time...in your car sitting in traffic.

...sorry i couldnt resist. Good luck on the move!

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

1/29/2020 2:22 PM

Anywhere in the 951 is notorious for being in the middle of the moto scene. Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, Wildomar, Corona.

|

1/29/2020 2:29 PM

Will you be working? If so, where?

|

1/29/2020 3:12 PM

I just made a post about my spot in Temecula area , might be some info there for you . Come by and see if you like it .https://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/place-to-stay-in-SoCal,1371148

|

1/29/2020 6:26 PM

CCicero wrote:

Anywhere in the 951 is notorious for being in the middle of the moto scene. Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, Wildomar, Corona.

This is correct. Hot in the summer tho and if you want to visit the beach often traffic can be tough.

Best advice is live next to your job and commute to your hobby spots.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

1/29/2020 8:06 PM

I grew up in Alpine CA (outside of San Diego about 40ish min) and the best moto areas would be in temecula. All the big tracks within an hour or so and probably the most affordable. Also you can head east from there and hit all the big desert places as well. Ocotillo, glamis ect. Good luck with the move!

|

1/29/2020 8:10 PM

ocscottie wrote:

You have plenty of seat time...in your car sitting in traffic.

...sorry i couldnt resist. Good luck on the move!

This. I moved from San Diego to Temecula six months ago and spend more time in a car stuck in traffic than I have ever previously in my life!

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

1/29/2020 8:11 PM

davermz450 wrote:

I grew up in Alpine CA (outside of San Diego about 40ish min) and the best moto areas would be in temecula. All the big tracks within an hour or so and probably the most affordable. Also you can head east from there and hit all the big desert places as well. Ocotillo, glamis ect. Good luck with the move!

So funny! I grew up in Jamul, opened a shop in Alpine and just closed it down and moved to Temecula. I literally just got home from Alpine as I’m typing this!

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

1/29/2020 8:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2020 8:39 PM

Temecula is a great spot, I'm about 20 minutes from fox and 30 minutes from cahuilla, a bit more to perris. Never any traffic getting to the tracks on weekends at 9am. Prices arent as cheap as they used to be tho and it is getting pretty popular/crowded here. Traffic can be an issue but I work 5 minutes from my house so unless I'm traveling out of town at 8am or 5pm I never see it. Weather is great, bit hot in the summer but beaches are 45min to an hour away. Also plenty of mtb and other activities here.
I lived in Sacramento for a bit and that was great with a few tracks around also, but the area itself wasn't as nice as socal to me. If I'm going to pay too much to live in courptifornia I better like the area.

|

1/29/2020 10:10 PM

North county San Diego. Vista, Fallbrook or Bonsall. Close to the beach and 20 minutes to fox. U can find properties to build ur own mini track or full track if you have an Alta

|

1/30/2020 5:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2020 5:14 AM

Temecula is nice. Get a place tucked back a bit in the hills there if you can. Cahuilla is the best track down there and there’s no traffic getting there.

|

1/30/2020 5:22 AM

Cahuilla is my favor rice track down there right now. Open Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.

Glen Helen is fun for Thursday’s

LACR is in Palmdale is farther but fun. Open weekends.

Meet some locals and they can take you into the hills after some rain. Then it’s endless!

|

1/30/2020 8:23 AM

If you are just worried about getting to and from tracks then Murrieta Temecula area. Especially since you won't be driving to milestone any more. All the good tracks are in the Perris, Pala, Temecula area. Most of Riverside is terrible and at one side of all the tracks.
If you care about more than the commute to the tracks then there are way better places to set up home base. Commuting to tracks is really easy, most traffic is flowing away from the tracks at commute time. In my experience anyway. Where are you moving from?

|

1/30/2020 10:43 AM

Welcome to the pressure cooker...

|

1/30/2020 10:46 AM

Come party with us in Temecula, bro!

15 minutes to Pala (Fox Raceway)
30 minutes to Cahuilla
30 minutes to Perris MX
35 minutes to State Fair MX
45 minutes to Hemet SX
1 Hour to Glen Helen
1 Hour to Barona Oaks MX
1.5 Hour to Ocotillo Wells
and more tracks if you want to drive 1-2 hr (LACR, etc)
Tons of opportunity for mountain biking in this area.
Lots of hill riding oppurtunity within an hour!

|

1/30/2020 11:07 AM

We lived in Temecula 2017-2018 and I definitely would recommend it. Tracks are near, old town and wineries are nice, short drive to San Diego and plenty of other things to do around the area. My working times were flexible so the traffic was not a problem (worst traffic is when coming from San Diego to Temecula around 3pm to 6 pm). If you can avoid going during traffic it is around 40 minutes to beach (Oceanside).

|

1/30/2020 7:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2020 7:23 PM

I live in Tierrasanta. Which is just 15 min north of the City of San Diego. I picked here because it is exactly 5 minutes from standing up at my desk at work to putting the key in my front door.

It's somewhat OK. Super quiet, no traffic, 2 mile bike ride from my place to a bunch of mountain bike trails (mission trails), 15 minutes to the beach, 25 minutes to barona and 45 minutes to pala. I think if I drive 15 minutes there is another really good place to mountain bike but I have not gone there yet. If you are single the girls here are unbelievably attractive and many of them. I guess it could be worse.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

1/30/2020 8:20 PM

kapaa10 wrote:

North county San Diego. Vista, Fallbrook or Bonsall. Close to the beach and 20 minutes to fox. U can find properties to build ur own mini track or full track if you have an Alta

Yep that is true. The weather here is close to perfect and I rarely sit in traffic. Pala is nearby and you’re also within a hour of several other tracks. Not near as hot or cold as inland areas

|

1/30/2020 9:09 PM

Hope you’re moving for a job. Otherwise you could buy land and build your own track for the cost of living in California

|