mousse tubes. everyone?

djsather
6/4/2019 7:16am
RCF wrote:
When my son was a c and b Rider we used to use tubeless but as he got faster we couldn't finish a race without getting...
When my son was a c and b Rider we used to use tubeless but as he got faster we couldn't finish a race without getting at least one flat. then they started exploding he could still go pretty fast on a flat tire as mentioned above, but the inner tube would explode and blow the tubule system apart. The one in the picture has been laying outside for a few years you can still see where it blew the cords out. we only run bibs now I got a rabaconda tire changer and it's just as easy as changing tubes.

This is caused when the bead on the TUbliss is damaged on install... TUbliss has metal bands just like a tire.
If the bands are damaged, the tube will escape and blow.
it is the opposite, the bead damaged caused the blow out, not the other way around.

the speed of the rider really has nothing to do with it. Pro riders have been using TUbliss for years in everything from MX to Baja. With TUbliss correct installation is very important, but once installed correctly it is very unlikely to have an issue.

I personally have friends who ride AA who are X-Pro MX racers who use TUbliss with no issues at every race. Install and tire selection are important.
RCF
6/4/2019 7:44am
RCF wrote:
When my son was a c and b Rider we used to use tubeless but as he got faster we couldn't finish a race without getting...
When my son was a c and b Rider we used to use tubeless but as he got faster we couldn't finish a race without getting at least one flat. then they started exploding he could still go pretty fast on a flat tire as mentioned above, but the inner tube would explode and blow the tubule system apart. The one in the picture has been laying outside for a few years you can still see where it blew the cords out. we only run bibs now I got a rabaconda tire changer and it's just as easy as changing tubes.

djsather wrote:
This is caused when the bead on the TUbliss is damaged on install... TUbliss has metal bands just like a tire. If the bands are damaged...
This is caused when the bead on the TUbliss is damaged on install... TUbliss has metal bands just like a tire.
If the bands are damaged, the tube will escape and blow.
it is the opposite, the bead damaged caused the blow out, not the other way around.

the speed of the rider really has nothing to do with it. Pro riders have been using TUbliss for years in everything from MX to Baja. With TUbliss correct installation is very important, but once installed correctly it is very unlikely to have an issue.

I personally have friends who ride AA who are X-Pro MX racers who use TUbliss with no issues at every race. Install and tire selection are important.
Sorry you're wrong on that one, it was caused by the the tube exploding from hard impacts while riding with the tire flat .I have tons of experience mounting tubeless systems and this isn't the only one I had explode. I did talk to the guy a tubeless about it sent him pictures he claimed they had a bad batch of tubes anyway that didn't change the fact that we kept getting Flats with the system from tearing holes in the tires. with a bib doesn't matter if you put a hole in a tire you can still ride.

I have guys that I have installed them for that have been running the same ones for years. And when my kid was a slower Rider I would run them for at least a year and just change them for the heck of it at the end of season. The only time we had problems with them is at race pace I still have a set that are probably 3 years old that he'll use occasionally for practice Wheels. we were actually talking about the other day he could run tubes during the week to practice and not get flats but try and race with them he'll have a flat on the first lap.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
6/4/2019 7:52am
woodsbro wrote:
This needs to be at the top of the responses. Finishing races and not wasting your time with unneeded problems at the track is 100% worth...
This needs to be at the top of the responses. Finishing races and not wasting your time with unneeded problems at the track is 100% worth it. Installation isn’t that bad if you keep calm and have 5-6 good tire spoons for assistance. I don’t even have a tire stand, just do it on top of a cardboard box (but getting one soon).
A mate back home asked me to help him fit one. I arrived with my two trusty tire irons....I could not keep calm..I started my ovulation cycle 5 minutes in....worst experience ever. We ended up taking the damn wheel to a bike shop.

The Shop

Post a reply to: mousse tubes. everyone?

The Latest