motoconcepts and a huge announcement coming?

DCL36
4/25/2012 7:48am
MCR has a legit shot at the title this year in Mike Alessi who's possibly coming off his best supercross season ever, who's a proven out door winner and when confident he's got the potential to do some serious damage. Why would Stewart even come to a second tier team below a factory ride when he's stated in interviews with Matthes that he wanted to be on a full factory supported team with the best parts possible. Then there's the money issue... wheres it going to come from Leisure Concepts...HAHA. I doubt it.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
4/25/2012 8:03am
It's certainly time for Mike to step up and win. He's had a full season of SX under his belt and should be up to speed. Now or never.
Sherwood
4/25/2012 8:04am
DCL36 wrote:
MCR has a legit shot at the title this year in Mike Alessi who's possibly coming off his best supercross season ever, who's a proven out...
MCR has a legit shot at the title this year in Mike Alessi who's possibly coming off his best supercross season ever, who's a proven out door winner and when confident he's got the potential to do some serious damage. Why would Stewart even come to a second tier team below a factory ride when he's stated in interviews with Matthes that he wanted to be on a full factory supported team with the best parts possible. Then there's the money issue... wheres it going to come from Leisure Concepts...HAHA. I doubt it.
Do you know how much Leisure Concepts makes a year?

The Shop

DCL36
4/25/2012 8:28am
You would have to ask Mike Genova, and It's not an issue of how much it makes, it's a matter of good business sense. I seriously doubt Genova's going to throw millions into becoming a title sponsor of a top tier motocross team in this economy, the return on investment needs to make business sense.
APLMAN99
4/25/2012 8:37am
jasonv43 wrote:
They just signed Tavaris Jackson for outdoors only?

Boom!!!
mx510 wrote:
Hey, as long as he isnt behind center, I am cool with that.
ocscottie wrote:
LaughingLaughing Good one. Do they plan to pick up a QB in the draft? or are they sticking with him??
They signed Matt Flynn a few weeks back.

But in all fairness, Jackson wasn't even close to being the biggest problem for the Seahawks last year....
jbomx363
4/25/2012 8:56am
lostboy819 wrote:
Alessi could win the nationals so I would sign him.
Puff Puff Pass.
Sherwood
4/25/2012 9:08am Edited Date/Time 4/25/2012 9:11am
DCL36 wrote:
You would have to ask Mike Genova, and It's not an issue of how much it makes, it's a matter of good business sense. I seriously...
You would have to ask Mike Genova, and It's not an issue of how much it makes, it's a matter of good business sense. I seriously doubt Genova's going to throw millions into becoming a title sponsor of a top tier motocross team in this economy, the return on investment needs to make business sense.
He's already stated he'd sign Stewart to a sweat equity type contract and Stewart and Genova had talks during last offseason.

You won't really see any team get a return on their investment in this sport. They run a team because it's a passion and an expensive one at that.
MT MX
4/25/2012 9:35am
Dsigner wrote:
Red Plastic?
Are you talking red plastic, as in red solo cup?
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
4/25/2012 9:40am
Either Honda or Zook
Dsigner
4/25/2012 9:46am
Dsigner wrote:
Red Plastic?
MT MX wrote:
Are you talking red plastic, as in red solo cup?
HA!
DCL36
4/25/2012 9:49am
DCL36 wrote:
You would have to ask Mike Genova, and It's not an issue of how much it makes, it's a matter of good business sense. I seriously...
Sherwood wrote:
He's already stated he'd sign Stewart to a sweat equity type contract and Stewart and Genova had talks during last offseason. You won't really see any...
He's already stated he'd sign Stewart to a sweat equity type contract and Stewart and Genova had talks during last offseason.

You won't really see any team get a return on their investment in this sport. They run a team because it's a passion and an expensive one at that.
Yes that's all true.. That's taking it to a whole other level of money burning, The only way I could see it happening is with a insured performance based contract, and now with Villopoto out that premium might be out of sight. One things for sure if Genova pulls off this championship with either Alessi or is some how actually able to make it happen with Stewart and come home with a championship, what a coupe it will be for the sport, and all the 2nd tier teams out there trying to break into championship contending.
IceMan446
4/25/2012 10:00am
Forget Suzuki. Dont know why everyone is hung up on that.

Go get a green bike and tear some shit up.
ns503
4/25/2012 10:04am
lostboy819 wrote:
jbomx363 wrote:
Puff Puff Pass.
This
It wasn't that long ago that he was leading the Nationals in the point standings - yes, even ahead of James Stewart.

Alessi is now back on more or less the same bike he was doing that with.

So if you haven't got Dungey on your team, and RV, JS, CR & TC are hurt - who the heck else are you going to sign to contend who is a better choice than Alessi?

Puff Puff Pass alright...
Ryno23
Fantasy
891st
4/25/2012 10:15am
APLMAN99 wrote:
They signed Matt Flynn a few weeks back. But in all fairness, Jackson wasn't even close to being the biggest problem for the Seahawks last year...
They signed Matt Flynn a few weeks back.

But in all fairness, Jackson wasn't even close to being the biggest problem for the Seahawks last year....
yeah, Flynn is a very capable starter. I was bummed when GB let him go as he was one hell of a backup but I understand where Matt was at too. No chance to make the big money with Rodgers at the helm. I seriously hope Flynn gets the starting spot and boots T-joke back to the bench where he belongs.
BobbyM
4/25/2012 10:50am
burn1986 wrote:
Why start a thread saying something's coming? Either you know or you don't. Obviously, there is no announcement coming.
I am not at liberty to say...just heard a rumor. Sorry for posting...my apologies. It'll never happen again sir.
BobbyM
4/25/2012 10:54am
DCL36 wrote:
MCR has a legit shot at the title this year in Mike Alessi who's possibly coming off his best supercross season ever, who's a proven out...
Sherwood wrote:
Not sure what they make but the owner is shitting in high clover...that much is certain.
Sherwood
4/25/2012 10:57am
DCL36 wrote:
Sherwood wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
Not sure what they make but the owner is shitting in high clover...that much is certain.
Someone mentioned to me how much his company makes a year and if he wanted I feel he could grab a big name.
Bob454
4/25/2012 10:59am
lostboy819 wrote:
jbomx363 wrote:
Puff Puff Pass.
This x55, where are you guys pulling these pipe dreams from? Alessi won't even win a moto. He will get a few holeshots and throw out an anchor the size of a vw bug,
kongols
4/25/2012 11:01am
Is that why Coy is so pissed at Genova?
Sherwood
4/25/2012 11:02am
lostboy819 wrote:
jbomx363 wrote:
Puff Puff Pass.
Bob454 wrote:
This x55, where are you guys pulling these pipe dreams from? Alessi won't even win a moto. He will get a few holeshots and throw out...
This x55, where are you guys pulling these pipe dreams from? Alessi won't even win a moto. He will get a few holeshots and throw out an anchor the size of a vw bug,
I don't like the dad but the kid is fast. If Millsaps could lead a national for a good while with everyone in why couldn't Alessi win one with only Dungey?
Wiley
4/25/2012 11:09am
lostboy819 wrote:
jbomx363 wrote:
Puff Puff Pass.
Bob454 wrote:
This x55, where are you guys pulling these pipe dreams from? Alessi won't even win a moto. He will get a few holeshots and throw out...
Would love nothing more than to see Mike prove you wrong. The kid has outdoor skills and will be a factor this year. I hope the news involves getting better support for all the riders at MCR.
mauidex
4/25/2012 11:20am
one thing is certain.............with all the new young guns coming up..........if Alessi DOESN'T win the championship this year he never will..............this is his best shot since last Suzuki ride and no Bubba to deal with.........who at that time was the shit.......

and no excuses now.......his and Tony's program their way.........no meddling "know it all" like DeCoster in the way ya know LOL!!
APLMAN99
4/25/2012 11:30am
Sherwood wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
Sherwood wrote:
Someone mentioned to me how much his company makes a year and if he wanted I feel he could grab a big name.
He could be grossing hundreds of millions of dollars and still be going broke. Happens.

I hope that's never the case for him, but it's pretty hard to know the financial health of any privately held company. And I think those guys sell wants more than needs, and some of those companies haven't had it easy the last several years.

Hopefully they've been more successful than a lot of others.
Sherwood
4/25/2012 11:33am
BobbyM wrote:
Sherwood wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
He could be grossing hundreds of millions of dollars and still be going broke. Happens. I hope that's never the case for him, but it's pretty...
He could be grossing hundreds of millions of dollars and still be going broke. Happens.

I hope that's never the case for him, but it's pretty hard to know the financial health of any privately held company. And I think those guys sell wants more than needs, and some of those companies haven't had it easy the last several years.

Hopefully they've been more successful than a lot of others.
They're doing just fine.
fader418
4/25/2012 11:35am
Bob454 wrote:
I will bet you 500 bucks MA800 will win a moto. He has a damn good chance of winning hangtown. He was a second faster than anyone on that piece of crap last year until it bucked him. I think Dungey got 7th or 8th at hangtown last year

Post a reply to: motoconcepts and a huge announcement coming?

The Latest