more stolen from atlanta

zippy895
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:09pm
|
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
2/28/2011 10:32am
Dam that sucks that Ozzy's stuff got jacked also.
Hope he gets it all back.
newmann
2/28/2011 10:45am
Absolute field day when SX comes to town in Atlanta.
R-acer
2/28/2011 11:00am
Brandon Mays Van with 24' trailer and all his stuff, including bikes were also stolen.

The Shop

2/28/2011 11:02am
Yep, all my stuff was stolen in 02 when I was there for the SX..On press day they had us unload all our stuff from our trailers into the convention center, and park our tow rigs a ways down the road in the ghetto.. The pits were supposed to be secure and you had to have credentials to get in. Some jackasses got into the pits, and took both a borrowed 125, my 250, as well as a good portion of my gear and 2 helmets while I was in the stadium watching the other practices. Appearantly nobody stopped them on the way out since they were pushing the bikes out. Fawk that place..
stash124
2/28/2011 12:25pm
yepp, when moto is town they know its pay day. ive had my truck broken into and had stuff stolen while in the secure parking garage at the hotel. speaking of mays, is that why he didnt race?
Torco1
2/28/2011 12:29pm
When I worked at FMF there were times I had to drive the FMF box van to events out of state and I would have my bike and gear and stuff in it. If that thing isnt a giant target I dont know what is. You better believe I would put my bike and all my gear inside the hotel room with me every time I had to stop and get a room.
SIMX
2/28/2011 12:52pm
newmann wrote:
Absolute field day when SX comes to town in Atlanta.
Sounds like an every year occurrence when the SX comes to town. Noticed in another post, the poster feels it's an inside job. Wonder why they think that? Sounds like common knowledge, stuffs gettin' ripped in the ATL.
SMITH201
2/28/2011 1:25pm
Sure this SX wasnt in Baltimore, MD? Sounds like a typical AX weekend here Dizzy
MX_Andrew83
2/28/2011 2:01pm
SMITH201 wrote:
Sure this SX wasnt in Baltimore, MD? Sounds like a typical AX weekend here Dizzy
I read somewhere that Baltimore has the highest stolen motorcycle rate in the country.
mws02
2/28/2011 2:36pm
I go watch ATL every year. But i say leave ATL and head to Syracuse. Whats the common denominator in ATL that this keeps happening anyway?
2/28/2011 2:43pm
Wonder why Atlanta has the highest theft out of all the Supercrosses? I was there a couple of years ago and it didn't seem too ghetto.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
2/28/2011 2:46pm
just nuke the place, AND Philly and detroit and columbus , and probably a few more LOL Smile
huck
2/28/2011 2:48pm
Tarz483 wrote:
just nuke the place, AND Philly and detroit and columbus , and probably a few more LOL Smile
All of that cesspool called "California"?
captmoto
2/28/2011 3:08pm
Tarz483 wrote:
huck wrote:
???? Another expert that lives 1000 miles away.
FIREfish148
2/28/2011 3:18pm
Shit I always take my bikes in with me to the hotel. That sucks man, They are probably just parts on ebay now.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
2/28/2011 3:22pm
Tarz483 wrote:
huck wrote:
captmoto wrote:
???? Another expert that lives 1000 miles away.
im in northern cali , but from what i have seen california is way cleaner and nice than the shit holes i was talking about an i have been to them, so im talking out of what i have seen 1st hand , i almost got shot in columbus while crossing the street , steep price to pay for jay walking there lol
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
2/28/2011 3:24pm
SMITH201 wrote:
I read somewhere that Baltimore has the highest stolen motorcycle rate in the country.
mxrider225 wrote:
hahaha this video is hilarius ho wouldve guessed , some of these hooligans acually look kinda skilled , tooo funny Smile
peelout
2/28/2011 3:34pm
R-acer wrote:
Brandon Mays Van with 24' trailer and all his stuff, including bikes were also stolen.
that sucks for B-Mayzee
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
2/28/2011 3:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2011 3:50pm
Spending a couple of hundred dollars could help quite a bit with this kind of stuff and also help put the thieves behind bars.
GPS....
http://www.justgpstracking.com/mototraq-real-time-motorcycle-gps-tracki…

Could just throw something like this in the air-box's or even in the van or trailer.

Another even cheaper deterrent is printing up some type of all weather sticker.
Make it a decent size with silver/chrome looking colors ,formal looking saying "GPS - Theft protected" "Thief Tracking Law Enforcement Enabled" or some other type of BS.
Stick it near the locks for the trailer or vans so it is very noticeable.
One would bet if a thief seen it he would move on. Wink
mattmatt300
2/28/2011 3:59pm
back to the point... next year someone needs to set up a place for people to keep bikes and trailers if necessary over the nights theyre staying in town. either a local track or dealership should hook this up
2/28/2011 5:56pm
I'm sure those guys have a valid motorcycle license, vehicle registration, top of the line insurance as well as a Joey Chitwood drivers safety card. I'm also fairly certain every bike was legally purchased at a local motocycle shop and the title is most likely in their pockets awaiting display for the local police should they have the unlikely chance they may be stopped or detained by the "racist cops" (not the illegal unsafe vehicle operation). These guys are a great reflection of the MX community and great role models for all the youths in the neighborhoods. I'm also sure the taxes are fully paid up the vehicles. "Dirt bikes" on pavement? Huh?
mx5471
2/28/2011 7:14pm
We have been all over racing and security has always been a concern.All the suggestions people have stated are good ones. The people that do this spend as much time planning their thefts as you plan for your races. The chance of getting your stuff back undamaged is zero. It will also cost you money if you have the opportunity to get it back. You can watch the tube vids of all these guys riding bikes all over the streets from Baltimore.Does anyone think any of those people paid for those bikes? They probably just ride them until they run out of gas and then steal another one. It's the degradation of society like we never saw. I'm beginning to think,and I hate to say it, but when you go to these big races,you need to sleep with your bikes , with some forceful means of deterring theft. There is no sleep in these situations. I just hope that those protecting their property won't be met with violence from those that are trying to take it away from them.
machine
2/28/2011 7:16pm
Tarz483 wrote:
YEP
2/28/2011 7:20pm
mx5471 wrote:
We have been all over racing and security has always been a concern.All the suggestions people have stated are good ones. The people that do this...
We have been all over racing and security has always been a concern.All the suggestions people have stated are good ones. The people that do this spend as much time planning their thefts as you plan for your races. The chance of getting your stuff back undamaged is zero. It will also cost you money if you have the opportunity to get it back. You can watch the tube vids of all these guys riding bikes all over the streets from Baltimore.Does anyone think any of those people paid for those bikes? They probably just ride them until they run out of gas and then steal another one. It's the degradation of society like we never saw. I'm beginning to think,and I hate to say it, but when you go to these big races,you need to sleep with your bikes , with some forceful means of deterring theft. There is no sleep in these situations. I just hope that those protecting their property won't be met with violence from those that are trying to take it away from them.
In the old days we took care or each other and watched out for each others equipment. Its a new age, not for the better. Just look at the posts on this board, this is the new community........hope and change brother!
mx5471
2/28/2011 7:26pm
I got caught up in the issue,but ,35 Mama,you got more balls than than anyone on this post,and I'm proud of you who ever you are. I heard about this,but you are the only one that seems to have done anything about.And you're making progress.You're a strong woman,you will win. Most people on these boards are sarcastic,not knowledgeable,or don't understand the issue. Ignore them. Good luck to you,your son,and your family. With you behind them,I can't see how they can lose.
2/28/2011 7:41pm
Mom, if your getting nothing from the standard police investigative level (patrol), ask to speak with a supervisor. Explain what occurred and asked for a detective to follow up. Most city police officers are report takers and don't conduct any follow up (because of the volume of calls). Explain the cost of the thefts and keep going up the chain of command until someone gets involved. Ask if someone from street crimes can help because these guys know the street and the players. Good luck.
powDIRT
2/28/2011 7:41pm
I don't think it would be that expensive for Feld to rent out a warehouse somewhere near Atlanta and bring in a 24-hour security team.

Sure it will cost a little bit, but for all the fees that go into SX, you would think that the protection of your belongings is relatively important.

(Maybe I'm just an idiot)

Post a reply to: more stolen from atlanta

The Latest