more on hansen

nwmx
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 9:06am
Just to keep beating a dead horse, who checked out SLC observations?

http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/05/04/observations-salt-lake-city

"I did a BTOSports.com Racer X Podcast with Weege and Ping where Ping reported that Hansen has been pitting (getting dressed) in the Hart & Huntington truck the last few weeks before being made to go back to the Pro Circuit one by Mitch. Ping says he pleaded his case and was allowed to go back to his former team’s truck in SLC. Add to this what that I heard he was out at the Kawi SX track jacking with his teammate Tickle and making comments loud enough that Broc could hear, then the videos where he disparages Tickle here and there and it all adds up to a guy trying to play mind games with a teammate.

According to Ping, the guys at PC are a little bummed on Hansen’s attitude since the break. I don’t get it. The guy’s making a comeback in his career and life on a great team and he’s winning races. In his shoes, many people would be thanking Mitch and Monster Energy for all they have done for them, but Hansen feels like he has to act differently since he’s seen this championship slip away. As one close friend to of his told me late last year, “Hanny says he doesn’t want drama in his life but all he does in invite it in over and over” and that would appear to be the case in this championship chase as well."
|
RandyS
5/4/2011 6:35pm
I think your title says it all.
Drew580
5/4/2011 6:42pm
RandyS wrote:
I think your title says it all.
lol didnt even catch that when i read it
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
5/4/2011 6:48pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2011 6:48pm
I was starting to like him this year...he got me when he said "I got straight up beat tonight, so Im not happy but I need to work hard this next week and bring it back " at oakland.

Its a shame he got injured, and more so that he seems to be that punk rider again. He'll have a hard time winning in either class here or australia, by burning the bridge with Mitch....

The Shop

haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
5/4/2011 7:42pm
mx 219 wrote:
I was starting to like him this year...he got me when he said "I got straight up beat tonight, so Im not happy but I need...
I was starting to like him this year...he got me when he said "I got straight up beat tonight, so Im not happy but I need to work hard this next week and bring it back " at oakland.

Its a shame he got injured, and more so that he seems to be that punk rider again. He'll have a hard time winning in either class here or australia, by burning the bridge with Mitch....
He was that punk rider here in australia over the summer, everyone glossed over that because he won. Appears not much is ever gonna change with that kid. He'll be filling spots 13-20 in the 450 class next year for H&H and be happy with his life. Good on him, but he could've had so much more.
Xeno
5/4/2011 7:49pm
Feldspar wrote:
How can anyone not like him?
Do you think Tomac likes him?

What's Tickle's take?

Cunningham?

What about the guy he punted at Dodger Stadium? Jake Canada is his name.

Does Matthes like him?
the_wood109
5/4/2011 7:57pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2011 7:57pm
Cool Tomac interview.

Hanny made a dumb attempt at a takeout, but I'm not ready to lynch him quite yet. He knows it was stupid. Most other incidents this year looked like payback to me.
RaceFace
5/4/2011 9:21pm
Sounds like he is lynching himself out at the Kawi test track. Some people are addicted to drama.
mcphilly
5/4/2011 9:25pm
Once a douche always a douche , he still can ride a bike though but that don`t mean shit when your a little 135 pound punk
JerseyFresh
5/4/2011 9:55pm
Yeah, unfortunate that it seems he can't stop being a bro and just ride the damn bike. Don't get me wrong the riding with the broken hand thing was HARD AS F*CK , I've been there and it hurts like hell, and I for sure wasn't riding with that shit. I was impressed (somewhat) with his TWMX interview, but his actions of late are making me re-think my opinion. After all, Chronic Tacos? For realz? I'm a 420 guy and I wouldn't even go near that just for prides sake.
5/4/2011 11:49pm
Why in every thread about hanson is his body weight referenced?

In moto being 135-155 is an ADVANTAGE!

So why do people post his weight as if it is a negative?
FlaNard
5/4/2011 11:59pm
Why in every thread about hanson is his body weight referenced? In moto being 135-155 is an ADVANTAGE! So why do people post his weight as...
Why in every thread about hanson is his body weight referenced?

In moto being 135-155 is an ADVANTAGE!

So why do people post his weight as if it is a negative?
Its because he rides like a tough guy by hitting or taking out everyone he passes, when in reality, he would get stomped by any normal sized person the second he got off the bike. If Josh Hansen pulled that shit at enough local tracks he would be in a coma.
Mod Killer
5/5/2011 2:54am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2011 2:58am
wow. everyone was sucking his nuts just a few weeks ago when he rode thru such a gnarly injury.

he was taking people out before, and nobody cared cause he was winning. now he has failed in a few attempts and the mob is really pouring it on.

i think its a collective chickenshit move by most.

so what if he's pulling mind games on his teammate. you think hes the first? its quite obvious that many of you have never raced on a "team" or have the slightest clue what goes on in pro racing when you have a "teammate". because of the universal meaning of the word "team", we all get confused into thinking that these guys are teammates the way magic johnson and kareem were. this isnt a stick and ball sport, not even close. hell, even in basketball teammates are in competition with each other.

teammates in motorsports only means you share the same equipment and sponsors. other than that, its extremely cut-throat. i wont go into details in my own experiences but ive had several alleged teammates in racing and it was nothing like my experiences with stick n ball sports. completely the opposite in fact.

i think many are confused here with regards to this topic. and quite hypocritical considering the uproar that occurs when team orders have been handed out in the past.

they arent racing for constructors or mfg's championship points. hanny is playing completely fair with tickle. the only thing dickish about the whole thing is the fact that tickle is a super easy going nice guy and its kinda lame to go after a guy like that, but he is the competition and hanny's actions dont warrant near the backlash he's getting. especially considering how well he was liked just last month.

the popularity pendulum has swung mighty fast around here lately.
danman
5/5/2011 5:06am
Hanny making simple comments to Tickle playing mind games is fine. If he is running up on Tickle in practice and playing games like that, it's BS. Mitch is the one who should put the stop to it though. After all, he can just put the bike on the stand and tell Hanny to stay home.
Personally, I've bagged on Hanny all year for riding like a pussy. He can't make a pass without contact. It's probably his way of playing mind games on the track, but when you are passing the 5-10 guys, do you really need to run them high and give them a bump? In my opinion, not if you are as fast as him.
Hanny is a douche, a VERY talented one, but will always be one!
toddh
5/5/2011 5:22am
Pulp MX show said he spent 30k at a night club in one night.
rc4187
5/5/2011 7:18am
I think mind games are fine... but the way Hansen has gone about it only proves that Tickle has gotten in his mind. And did it without saying a word. It shows that Hansen is mentally weak. If he really wanted to mess with Tickle, he wouldn't be hiding in the H&H truck. He would establish himself in the Alpha role over in the PC truck. He needs to hire the dog whisperer as a coach.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
5/5/2011 7:34am
rc4187 wrote:
I think mind games are fine... but the way Hansen has gone about it only proves that Tickle has gotten in his mind. And did it...
I think mind games are fine... but the way Hansen has gone about it only proves that Tickle has gotten in his mind. And did it without saying a word. It shows that Hansen is mentally weak. If he really wanted to mess with Tickle, he wouldn't be hiding in the H&H truck. He would establish himself in the Alpha role over in the PC truck. He needs to hire the dog whisperer as a coach.
I agree with this sentiment. When he tucked tail and went to hide in the H & H rig, Tickle won.
5/5/2011 7:42am
Hahaha Funny Interview ! TOMAC holding things down for Colorado!
BobbyM
5/5/2011 10:48am
Mod Killer wrote:
wow. everyone was sucking his nuts just a few weeks ago when he rode thru such a gnarly injury. he was taking people out before, and...
wow. everyone was sucking his nuts just a few weeks ago when he rode thru such a gnarly injury.

he was taking people out before, and nobody cared cause he was winning. now he has failed in a few attempts and the mob is really pouring it on.

i think its a collective chickenshit move by most.

so what if he's pulling mind games on his teammate. you think hes the first? its quite obvious that many of you have never raced on a "team" or have the slightest clue what goes on in pro racing when you have a "teammate". because of the universal meaning of the word "team", we all get confused into thinking that these guys are teammates the way magic johnson and kareem were. this isnt a stick and ball sport, not even close. hell, even in basketball teammates are in competition with each other.

teammates in motorsports only means you share the same equipment and sponsors. other than that, its extremely cut-throat. i wont go into details in my own experiences but ive had several alleged teammates in racing and it was nothing like my experiences with stick n ball sports. completely the opposite in fact.

i think many are confused here with regards to this topic. and quite hypocritical considering the uproar that occurs when team orders have been handed out in the past.

they arent racing for constructors or mfg's championship points. hanny is playing completely fair with tickle. the only thing dickish about the whole thing is the fact that tickle is a super easy going nice guy and its kinda lame to go after a guy like that, but he is the competition and hanny's actions dont warrant near the backlash he's getting. especially considering how well he was liked just last month.

the popularity pendulum has swung mighty fast around here lately.
can't talk logic into these guys' heads
dehner47
5/5/2011 3:12pm
obv none of you guys have ever raced for a championship before... cause who wants to get dressed, talk statigy, do your pre race things in front of the guy your battling with. not me. and obv not Hanny..
Cody24
Fantasy
2702nd
5/5/2011 3:20pm
Why all the hate? He pulled a stupid move, so what. I think losing the championship is enough punishment. No need to read it again and again.
peelout
5/5/2011 3:42pm
was going to comment something not worth adding in the first place, but i got stuck staring at dehner's profile picture
mag23
5/5/2011 4:25pm
Hansen is definitely a polarizing figure... maybe Tickle has bad gas, and stinks up the truck... maybe Hanny got sick of hearing Tickle whisper sweet nothings into his ladies ear. who cares? Mind games? If you think Hanny's the only one playin that shit, then I hope you have fun on that 1985 YZ125 with a blown fork seal, factory Yamaha DG pipe, bald cheng shin back tire, and makeshift NCY seat cover that you told your buddy you just bought from an ex national champion...
burnside
5/5/2011 5:02pm
toddh wrote:
And? Your only young once.
j100
5/5/2011 5:06pm
Hanny was getting dressed in the H&H rig, because Dr. G was pitted under there and he was working on his hand. mind you, the H&H rig was pitting next to the PC rig.

this is the same nonsense that used to go around about CP377 saying he was pitting under an easy up, ect...

the reporting in our sport is comical at times.

goooo Matthes.
j100
5/5/2011 5:07pm
toddh wrote:
burnside wrote:
And? Your only young once.
bullshit!
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
5/5/2011 5:13pm
j100 wrote:
Hanny was getting dressed in the H&H rig, because Dr. G was pitted under there and he was working on his hand. mind you, the H&H...
Hanny was getting dressed in the H&H rig, because Dr. G was pitted under there and he was working on his hand. mind you, the H&H rig was pitting next to the PC rig.

this is the same nonsense that used to go around about CP377 saying he was pitting under an easy up, ect...

the reporting in our sport is comical at times.

goooo Matthes.
^ And there you have it!
The real story!
spd721
5/5/2011 5:22pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2011 5:23pm
I've always thought that Hansen was a complete tool. His attitude these last few races just proves it. I do give him props though for apologizing on twitter for his run in with Tomac.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's on H&H next year since Watson hangs from his balls.

Post a reply to: more on hansen

The Latest