michael vick and jason lawrence...how are they alike?

BobbyM
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:39pm
i am just putting 2 and 2 together here but remember when vicks sentencing was minimized and just lately he was reinstated to the nfl so he could pay off his debts to the people in business with him.

i wonder if that is why lawrence hasn't been sentenced yet and was allowed to keep racing (attempting to). Was it because the people that were in business with him wanted some payoff from their investment and stepped up and "pleaded" with the judge to allow that to happen.

and if in fact that did happen would that explain why lawrence was so lackadaisical in his racing efforts between then and now? and the timing of it all...a couple days after the last national?

can't say i blame the kid if that is the case....just thinking out loud here boys.
|
P
9/9/2009 8:16am
BobbyM wrote:
i am just putting 2 and 2 together here but remember when vicks sentencing was minimized and just lately he was reinstated to the nfl so...
i am just putting 2 and 2 together here but remember when vicks sentencing was minimized and just lately he was reinstated to the nfl so he could pay off his debts to the people in business with him.

i wonder if that is why lawrence hasn't been sentenced yet and was allowed to keep racing (attempting to). Was it because the people that were in business with him wanted some payoff from their investment and stepped up and "pleaded" with the judge to allow that to happen.

and if in fact that did happen would that explain why lawrence was so lackadaisical in his racing efforts between then and now? and the timing of it all...a couple days after the last national?

can't say i blame the kid if that is the case....just thinking out loud here boys.
The way it sounds he hasn't even been tried yet, just charged. I don't think they delay charging people so that they can keep working. Normally they charge you when they feel that they have enough evidence.

P
BobbyM
9/9/2009 8:30am
BobbyM wrote:
i am just putting 2 and 2 together here but remember when vicks sentencing was minimized and just lately he was reinstated to the nfl so...

P wrote:
The way it sounds he hasn't even been tried yet, just charged. I don't think they delay charging people so that they can keep working. Normally...
The way it sounds he hasn't even been tried yet, just charged. I don't think they delay charging people so that they can keep working. Normally they charge you when they feel that they have enough evidence.

P
i thought he was already sentenced

The Shop

ocscottie
9/9/2009 8:35am
Its hard to put someone on trial that pleads guilty.
MX479Guy
9/9/2009 8:42am
If racers actually made a decent earning/winning from winning races that would make sense. But a couple K isn't going to do much to give the sponsors a ROI from Jason.

His best bet is to serve his time, reflect on things. Get his shit together, salvage whatever sponsors he can, come back, even if as a privateer and do some winning. Start a Let J-Law race charity drive if he has to, but get out there and race! Sell T shirts, jerseys, and fan stuff (people will buy it)

His name is established enough that he can slip away for a year and still come back and turn his career around, and i hope he does. He's an amazing talent that should be racing and not in jail.

We'll find out how good Sepcovic really is if he can get Jason sposnors after all of this.

Also, do his sponsors drop him, or do they stick it out for 9 months and hope he brings back some good results?

I don't think anyone would blame them if the press releases start coming that they are dropping him.
88sdad
9/9/2009 8:43am
ocscottie wrote:
Its hard to put someone on trial that pleads guilty.
Or easy?
P
9/9/2009 8:46am
BobbyM wrote:

P wrote:
The way it sounds he hasn't even been tried yet, just charged. I don't think they delay charging people so that they can keep working. Normally...

P
BobbyM wrote:
i thought he was already sentenced
The other post sayd that he was booked and charged, but maybe that was incorrect? Maybe they worked out a plea with the DA and it all went down in one day? Where is FreshTopEnd when you need him???

P
BobbyM
9/9/2009 8:47am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2009 8:48am
MX479Guy wrote:
If racers actually made a decent earning/winning from winning races that would make sense. But a couple K isn't going to do much to give the...
If racers actually made a decent earning/winning from winning races that would make sense. But a couple K isn't going to do much to give the sponsors a ROI from Jason.

His best bet is to serve his time, reflect on things. Get his shit together, salvage whatever sponsors he can, come back, even if as a privateer and do some winning. Start a Let J-Law race charity drive if he has to, but get out there and race! Sell T shirts, jerseys, and fan stuff (people will buy it)

His name is established enough that he can slip away for a year and still come back and turn his career around, and i hope he does. He's an amazing talent that should be racing and not in jail.

We'll find out how good Sepcovic really is if he can get Jason sposnors after all of this.

Also, do his sponsors drop him, or do they stick it out for 9 months and hope he brings back some good results?

I don't think anyone would blame them if the press releases start coming that they are dropping him.
i am not talking about the "winnings" man, maybe the contract required jason to be at the races at the very least...then it could true. big money rolling in if he at least shows...dig?

results were irrelevant
P
9/9/2009 8:50am
Wait, wait, wait, the court document says that he had already served 2 days so he had to have been charged before yesterday. Did he just plead guilty and decide to take whatever time he got or did they work out a plea agreement?

P
MX479Guy
9/9/2009 8:54am
MX479Guy wrote:
If racers actually made a decent earning/winning from winning races that would make sense. But a couple K isn't going to do much to give the...

BobbyM wrote:
i am not talking about the "winnings" man, maybe the contract required jason to be at the races at the very least...then it could true. big...
i am not talking about the "winnings" man, maybe the contract required jason to be at the races at the very least...then it could true. big money rolling in if he at least shows...dig?

results were irrelevant
I gotcha. Hopefully he can make a positive out of this and create a MX team for second chances. "Second Chance Racing" or something.

People will buy the gear and fan stuff if Jason is involved. His talent won't go away either. As much as jail time sucks, it's better then a permanent injury taking away his ability to race and a possible come back, I guess.

heck maybe Jason will even become the "comeback kid" or something.
MX479Guy
9/9/2009 8:55am
P wrote:
Wait, wait, wait, the court document says that he had already served 2 days so he had to have been charged before yesterday. Did he just...
Wait, wait, wait, the court document says that he had already served 2 days so he had to have been charged before yesterday. Did he just plead guilty and decide to take whatever time he got or did they work out a plea agreement?

P
He probably got credit for the day he was taken in, and credit for the day in court, since it's past 12:01am.

Just a guess.
BobbyM
9/9/2009 9:00am
MX479Guy wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
i am not talking about the "winnings" man, maybe the contract required jason to be at the races at the very least...then it could true. big...

results were irrelevant
MX479Guy wrote:
I gotcha. Hopefully he can make a positive out of this and create a MX team for second chances. "Second Chance Racing" or something. People will...
I gotcha. Hopefully he can make a positive out of this and create a MX team for second chances. "Second Chance Racing" or something.

People will buy the gear and fan stuff if Jason is involved. His talent won't go away either. As much as jail time sucks, it's better then a permanent injury taking away his ability to race and a possible come back, I guess.

heck maybe Jason will even become the "comeback kid" or something.
good points.

2nd chance racing team...gobert, ashkwenzi and lawrence. Smile
kcadrenalin
9/9/2009 12:11pm
BobbyM wrote:
good points.

Throw in Clifford Adoptante for good measure.
overdrive09
9/9/2009 2:33pm
BobbyM wrote:

First if thats the case do you think Vick will go out and perform like JLaw did? I bet vick goes out and gives it everything he has to try and redeem himself and his career. Vick worked hard to get to where he was and flushed it on a bad gamble/choice obviously. So he has a chance to make good now.

JLaw had a chance to make good, if he knew he was going to prison and was being bought some extra time before hand why wouldn't he get his head out of his arse to try and show everyone that he was going to change and possibly get a lesser sentence or just probation for turning his life around. Now he will get out and will have a hard time getting help, where as if he did well before going in he might have had an easier time.

Its a glass half empty or half full in your scenario bobby and it looks like he chose glass half empty.

The kid is talented and worked hard to get where he is, he made a crap load of stupid decisions. Looking at prison would make most people straighten up.
BobbyM
9/9/2009 3:16pm
BobbyM wrote:

First if thats the case do you think Vick will go out and perform like JLaw did? I bet vick goes out and gives it everything...
First if thats the case do you think Vick will go out and perform like JLaw did? I bet vick goes out and gives it everything he has to try and redeem himself and his career. Vick worked hard to get to where he was and flushed it on a bad gamble/choice obviously. So he has a chance to make good now.

JLaw had a chance to make good, if he knew he was going to prison and was being bought some extra time before hand why wouldn't he get his head out of his arse to try and show everyone that he was going to change and possibly get a lesser sentence or just probation for turning his life around. Now he will get out and will have a hard time getting help, where as if he did well before going in he might have had an easier time.

Its a glass half empty or half full in your scenario bobby and it looks like he chose glass half empty.

The kid is talented and worked hard to get where he is, he made a crap load of stupid decisions. Looking at prison would make most people straighten up.
you missed my point
knobby101
9/9/2009 3:31pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2009 3:32pm
Reality is they had couple of hearings reporting to the court if there was any agreement on a sentence and then there was the pretrial hearing which took up some time .., hence there was not trial, it was a no win for Jason, we all know that, he bit the guys ear off, it was not in his best interest to go to trial.. the only way he was going to get a good reliable sentence was plea bargaining I don’t know about California, but some states, the victim has a say in the punishment, so, all this time they were going back and forth on how much time he was to serve. But in a way his attorney could have strung it out until the end of the nationals like it did, so he could fulfill his sponsor commitments…
TheWeapon
Fantasy
68th
9/9/2009 4:07pm
BobbyM wrote:
good points.

Ha!!

Actually Ashkenazi is making a comeback next season in the Australian Motocross Championships. Hope he does well. Does anyone know if he's doing Reed's SX series?
TheWeapon
Fantasy
68th
9/9/2009 4:11pm
Oh, and I hate Vick and hope he dies a slow and horrible death. Soon.
stillwelding
9/9/2009 4:29pm
BobbyM wrote:

They both have people commenting on their careers when those people don't know them from shit? Laughing
circus
9/9/2009 4:32pm
BobbyM wrote:

They both have people commenting on their careers when those people don't know them from shit? Laughing
I like that one!!
9/9/2009 5:10pm
BobbyM wrote:
good points.

TheWeapon wrote:
Ha!! Actually Ashkenazi is making a comeback next season in the Australian Motocross Championships. Hope he does well. Does anyone know if he's doing Reed's SX...
Ha!!

Actually Ashkenazi is making a comeback next season in the Australian Motocross Championships. Hope he does well. Does anyone know if he's doing Reed's SX series?
Ashkenazi was caught with £25,000 of coke and had Kiddy porn on his computer !!
Total Knob !!
TheWeapon
Fantasy
68th
9/9/2009 5:18pm
Ashkenazi was caught with £25,000 of coke and had Kiddy porn on his computer !!
Total Knob !!
Well.....I wouldn't say it was child porn.....if I remember correctly there was some sort of technicality....something like he was dating a 17 year old and had photos of her on his computer....

Post a reply to: michael vick and jason lawrence...how are they alike?

The Latest