mcgrath

holeshot100
11/15/2010 7:33am
Pourcel is a great talent, but what has he done to promote the sport besides being great to watch ride a bike. Comparing Pourcel to Mc Grath is the stupidest topic ever.Comparing two eras of any sports atheletes is always poor comparison, and a "no win" situation. The only fair comparison on comapring different eras of athletes is the "impact" they have had on the sport, and that is another reason Jeremy is the "King".
In Pourcel's defense, he came through a life threatening and definitely a possible career ending crash. Perhaps he feels he needs to needs a certain of amount of money to take those risks again, although we all know Pro Circuit did not pay him the kind of money he is asking for now. If he wants to race, get what the market will bear, and go racing. He has had every opportunity to be on a team for 2011 that would provide him with all the tools for success. Apparently money is one of those tools. Cairoli needs some competition in GP's, so he might as well go where all the money supposedly is.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
11/15/2010 8:25am Edited Date/Time 11/15/2010 8:26am
That is so true about Stefan. I'm not saying Stefan isn't one of the best riders to throw his leg over a bike but he for...
That is so true about Stefan. I'm not saying Stefan isn't one of the best riders to throw his leg over a bike but he for sure wouldn't of gotten 10 world titles if his top competition didn't all take off to the states. Guys like Albertyn and Tortelli (who beat Stefan regularly) would of taken a hand full of those titles away from Stefan. Not to mention Pichon , Reed, Roncada, Langston, and possibly even DV could of won a couple titles to. Pichon obviously did win a couple after he went back to the GP's but I think he would of won more world titles if he never lleft.
MXMattii wrote:
Eum Everts beat Townley, Coppins, Tortelli, Pichon (won never a title against Everts), Vuilemin (Never won a title against Everts), Bervoets, Smets (beat emig at MXDN)...
Eum Everts beat Townley, Coppins, Tortelli, Pichon (won never a title against Everts), Vuilemin (Never won a title against Everts), Bervoets, Smets (beat emig at MXDN), Boyley, Pit Beier, Vohland, Demaria, Schmit ... But yeah he hadn't competition :rolf:
Matti.. You obviously read English about as well as you type it so I'm done trying to explain stuff to you. You are also about as...
Matti.. You obviously read English about as well as you type it so I'm done trying to explain stuff to you. You are also about as bias as it gets.. Bias people = ignorant people.. There's no arguing this point with a guy that thinks every GP rider is better than any AMA rider. The reason some of those guys never won titles against Everts is because they left for the states in the prime of their careers. Do you not get that?

There has got to be a break down in translation w/you or something. There's no way you are as dumb as you've made yourself look in this thread. No way!

Now bring on the bears because this thread is cooked.

Yep,Evert's real competition was here in the States,where the best of the best come to race.
Just a shame Stefan had dodged them...by staying in the GP's for so long.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
11/15/2010 3:43pm
mccread wrote:
ha ha ha ha ha
Do you like bears?

The Shop

motomike137
11/15/2010 3:47pm
mohammed wrote:
What a bullshit move calling out pourcel like that. Its not your business what pourcel tries to negotiate, hes trying to get a deal that he...
What a bullshit move calling out pourcel like that. Its not your business what pourcel tries to negotiate, hes trying to get a deal that he think he deserves, is there something wrong with that? you probably did it all your mx career you hypocrite.. I lost respect for mcgrath. Pourcel well be back in europe where there is more money anyway. I didnt know negotiating was a sin!!!
YFKM!!!!!!!!!!!
slowvet
11/15/2010 4:36pm
mohammed wrote:
What a bullshit move calling out pourcel like that. Its not your business what pourcel tries to negotiate, hes trying to get a deal that he...
What a bullshit move calling out pourcel like that. Its not your business what pourcel tries to negotiate, hes trying to get a deal that he think he deserves, is there something wrong with that? you probably did it all your mx career you hypocrite.. I lost respect for mcgrath. Pourcel well be back in europe where there is more money anyway. I didnt know negotiating was a sin!!!
YFKM!!!!!!!!!!!
Wonder if he's the same Mohammed from the Algerian Craigslist "rants and raves".
motomike137
11/15/2010 4:38pm
I hear that CP is a real bear at the negotiation table!
Torco1
11/15/2010 4:42pm
Nothing was accomplished because they could "bearly" understand him.
wownd out
11/15/2010 5:44pm
Torco1 wrote:
[img]http://www.jimbo.info/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Bear.bmp[/img]
Now that's fucking funny as hell!!! lololololololol

Post a reply to: mcgrath

The Latest