mcgrath

mohammed
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:40am
What a bullshit move calling out pourcel like that. Its not your business what pourcel tries to negotiate, hes trying to get a deal that he think he deserves, is there something wrong with that? you probably did it all your mx career you hypocrite.. I lost respect for mcgrath. Pourcel well be back in europe where there is more money anyway. I didnt know negotiating was a sin!!!
|
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
11/11/2010 7:06am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2010 7:08am
and were off..........

Seriously hope he stays in the US, he"ll make the 450 class much more exciting to watch.W00t
11/11/2010 7:08am
mohammed wrote:
What a bullshit move calling out pourcel like that. Its not your business what pourcel tries to negotiate, hes trying to get a deal that he...
What a bullshit move calling out pourcel like that. Its not your business what pourcel tries to negotiate, hes trying to get a deal that he think he deserves, is there something wrong with that? you probably did it all your mx career you hypocrite.. I lost respect for mcgrath. Pourcel well be back in europe where there is more money anyway. I didnt know negotiating was a sin!!!
Now that Shit's funny, I don't care who you are. When CP377 finishes his career lets see if he can come up with the totals Showtime has. Not gonna happen!!
Jujji
11/11/2010 7:11am
It wil be nice to see im in the class but i think he has not been signed due to him only being able to really do one good moto and one so so moto. happened more than once this year! Frenchy got some american chon chon now go home if you like dosen't hurt our sport in any way ya jack off!

The Shop

DanDunes818
11/11/2010 7:29am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2010 7:31am
mohammed wrote:
What a bullshit move calling out pourcel like that. Its not your business what pourcel tries to negotiate, hes trying to get a deal that he...
MC didn't call CP out.. IMO he was simply asked a honest question and he gave a honest answer that is obviously just his opinion. It's not like MC went out of his way to comment on CP. I'm not pissed at you for giving me your opinion about MC's comment and at the same time you can't be pissed at MC for giving his opinion.

Everybody seems to think Top Dollars were thrown at MC his whole career and that's not totally true. Like everyone else he had to earn the right to get top dollar. Do you think MC got paid more than Stanton in 93? Hell no!! After he won the 93 title that all changed. Pourcel from what I've read was offered killer $$ factory deals from both Honda and Kawasaki early on in the outdoor season and turned them both down. I'm pretty sure you could combine the rookie classes ( Metty, JW, TC, and Stroupe) salaries and it wouldn't equal the 1.5 million CP asked for. I'm sure all of them have bonus structures that would allow them to make that kind of money "If they win". I think Dungey only signed for 400k (although Ive heard as much as 600k) salary in 2010 and made as much as(according to some reports) 5 million last year. So if CP thinks he can do what Dungey did he should sign for whatever and rack up the bonus checks.

I'm of the belief that CP deserves top dollar to race but unfortunately for him I'm not writing and checks in the MX industry and the people that are writing those checks want to see how he performs on a 450 before they spend to much on him.
BKoonts
11/11/2010 7:44am
mohammed wrote:
I realize that you are a fan of CP377. He is a great rider and you are right, he has every right to try and earn as much money as he can. MC was just stating that in this economy he doesn't think it's a bright move to hold out. That's all. There are fringe benefits associated with being a guy who has accomplished as much as MC has and saying what's on his mind from time to time is one of them. Speaking of accomplishments, comparing CP to MC is kinda silly, don't you think? Pourcel is great but he's no McGrath. It's funny to me that if MC had commented negatively regarding someone that you don't like you would probably have agreed with his statements. The fact is that perhaps McGrath is correct in this case. If Pourcel is in fact holding out for more money, why would he continue to do so when rides are filling up so quickly? It's not like he's a proven commodity on the 450, right?
Chris_ONeal
11/11/2010 7:46am
MC didn't call CP out.. IMO he was simply asked a honest question and he gave a honest answer that is obviously just his opinion. It's...
MC didn't call CP out.. IMO he was simply asked a honest question and he gave a honest answer that is obviously just his opinion. It's not like MC went out of his way to comment on CP. I'm not pissed at you for giving me your opinion about MC's comment and at the same time you can't be pissed at MC for giving his opinion.

Everybody seems to think Top Dollars were thrown at MC his whole career and that's not totally true. Like everyone else he had to earn the right to get top dollar. Do you think MC got paid more than Stanton in 93? Hell no!! After he won the 93 title that all changed. Pourcel from what I've read was offered killer $$ factory deals from both Honda and Kawasaki early on in the outdoor season and turned them both down. I'm pretty sure you could combine the rookie classes ( Metty, JW, TC, and Stroupe) salaries and it wouldn't equal the 1.5 million CP asked for. I'm sure all of them have bonus structures that would allow them to make that kind of money "If they win". I think Dungey only signed for 400k (although Ive heard as much as 600k) salary in 2010 and made as much as(according to some reports) 5 million last year. So if CP thinks he can do what Dungey did he should sign for whatever and rack up the bonus checks.

I'm of the belief that CP deserves top dollar to race but unfortunately for him I'm not writing and checks in the MX industry and the people that are writing those checks want to see how he performs on a 450 before they spend to much on him.
Well said.

In McGrath's book he stated that in 93 he was only making like 4K a win. He earned the money he made after his first season on big bikes.
ehr400
11/11/2010 7:53am
Who would have thought Mohammed would be pissed at anyone for calling out a French rider? We now know who CP's man- friend is now.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
11/11/2010 7:56am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2010 7:56am
mohammed wrote:
I'm sure MC does not give a rats ass what you think of him or his opinion on CP.
DanDunes818
11/11/2010 7:59am
mohammed wrote:
FastEddy wrote:
I'm sure MC does not give a rats ass what you think of him or his opinion on CP.
Yeah Eddy, i could be wrong, but I'm not seeing MC losing to much sleep over mohammed's opinion.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
11/11/2010 8:04am
Let me see if I can goose this thread along:

Pourcel couldn't carry McGrath's jock strap.

Popcorn!
JACK_Schit
11/11/2010 8:06am
mohammed wrote:
What kind of example are you setting here sir? a double standard? MC cant express his opinion and thoughts but you are pretty much doing the same thing he is? Just saying brother.

lucero10x
11/11/2010 8:17am
I think the state of the economy sucks. It sucks for all of us and it sucks for these guys putting their necks on the line. If CP doesn't think he can work for what is offered then that is fine. However, the alternatives aren't great. If he sits out a year and gets healthy he may be better off in the long run, however, him sitting out a year will in no way help him make his case for his desired salary next silly season.
gotwings
11/11/2010 8:18am
mohammed wrote:
Who's on top, you or C.P.???
gotwings
11/11/2010 8:22am
Oh, and one more thing, when the P.C. riders were interveiwed last year and asked how Mitch has helped them, all had great things to say about Mitch on how much he has done for them exept one. C.P. says "well, he brought the bikes to the track".

There's a reason "Douche" is a French word!
MXMattii
11/11/2010 8:25am
I think is just something personal ... McGrath is a guy with much influence by Honda ...
He probably said to Honda take Pourcel he is amazing but Pourcel and Honda didn't came to a good deal... Now McGrath is pissed because he didn't got what he wanted and then it is pretty easy to say you aren't a fan.

But it is lame to take a swing to somebody that got 2 Lites Supercross title and that after he was paralyzed. I didn't saw McGrath do that! And if Pourcel stays healthy and doesn't quite to soon like his fellow country men JM Bayle he can beat that lame ass record of MC EASY!
Davey762
11/11/2010 8:32am
MXMattii wrote:
I think is just something personal ... McGrath is a guy with much influence by Honda ... He probably said to Honda take Pourcel he is...
I think is just something personal ... McGrath is a guy with much influence by Honda ...
He probably said to Honda take Pourcel he is amazing but Pourcel and Honda didn't came to a good deal... Now McGrath is pissed because he didn't got what he wanted and then it is pretty easy to say you aren't a fan.

But it is lame to take a swing to somebody that got 2 Lites Supercross title and that after he was paralyzed. I didn't saw McGrath do that! And if Pourcel stays healthy and doesn't quite to soon like his fellow country men JM Bayle he can beat that lame ass record of MC EASY!
Easy there crazy..... beat mcgraths record of 72 sx wins easy? That's insanity talking lol, he doesn't even have one yet and he is racing against guys that are proven winners!!
mac3-d
11/11/2010 8:37am
gotwings wrote:
Oh, and one more thing, when the P.C. riders were interveiwed last year and asked how Mitch has helped them, all had great things to say...
Oh, and one more thing, when the P.C. riders were interveiwed last year and asked how Mitch has helped them, all had great things to say about Mitch on how much he has done for them exept one. C.P. says "well, he brought the bikes to the track".

i had a good old laugh when i heard CP say he brought the bikes to the track far better than the boring corporate predictable trash most racer spurt out . always liked t prestons comments after the race .
i,m sure Mitch had a chuckle too !!!
Cigaro
11/11/2010 8:47am
MXMattii wrote:
I think is just something personal ... McGrath is a guy with much influence by Honda ... He probably said to Honda take Pourcel he is...

Pourcel beating MC's lame ass record? Wow dude you need to get a clue and quit hanging from Pourcels nuts so much. It's never gonna happen. Only way someones gonna beat that record is if one of these young kids coming up goes straight to 450's.
Fuzion
11/11/2010 8:59am
Mcgrath told it like he saw it, and he's right on the money...

it's not a good business move for Pourcel to sit out a season because of his high demands (plus un proven to the 450 class).
He needs to suck it up and go race. I'm sure he had decent offers and if he wins, then he will make good coin regardless (IMO of course)
kongols
11/11/2010 9:01am
gotwings wrote:
Oh, and one more thing, when the P.C. riders were interveiwed last year and asked how Mitch has helped them, all had great things to say...

I hope you do not represent american intelligence.
ehr400
11/11/2010 9:06am
gotwings wrote:

kongols wrote:
I hope you do not represent american intelligence.
Apparently mohammed is representing europeans at this moment.
MBBadgers
11/11/2010 9:07am
MXMattii wrote:

McGrath is not pissed that CP didn't go to Honda, McGrath is not pissed that Reed didn't go to Honda, other then testing for them and still representing them he doesn't care. McGrath was asked a question he answered it honestly. His exact quote "Thanks, just being honest!". What more can you ask of a man? I for one feel honesty is the best policy. And I have respect for straight shooters, don't lie don't sugar coat, say exactly what you mean.
mohammed
11/11/2010 9:45am
mohammed wrote:
Now that Shit's funny, I don't care who you are. When CP377 finishes his career lets see if he can come up with the totals Showtime...
Now that Shit's funny, I don't care who you are. When CP377 finishes his career lets see if he can come up with the totals Showtime has. Not gonna happen!!
Let me tell you something first off all pourcel would smoke jeremy outdoors, jeremy had zero competition after stanton and bayle left and once he saw he couldnt hang with RC, guess what? he retired!!! Good
MBBadgers
11/11/2010 9:50am
mohammed wrote:
Now that Shit's funny, I don't care who you are. When CP377 finishes his career lets see if he can come up with the totals Showtime...
mohammed wrote:
Let me tell you something first off all pourcel would smoke jeremy outdoors, jeremy had zero competition after stanton and bayle left and once he saw...
Let me tell you something first off all pourcel would smoke jeremy outdoors, jeremy had zero competition after stanton and bayle left and once he saw he couldnt hang with RC, guess what? he retired!!! Good
Seriously? Mohammed lay off the crack pipe and walk away. Seriously.
Chris_ONeal
11/11/2010 9:54am
mohammed wrote:
Let me tell you something first off all pourcel would smoke jeremy outdoors, jeremy had zero competition after stanton and bayle left and once he saw...
MBBadgers wrote:
Seriously? Mohammed lay off the crack pipe and walk away. Seriously.
X2!! Mohammed your a retard and don't have any idea what you are talking about.

People shouldn't bother responding to this idiot cause it obviously doesn't get it.
mxb2
11/11/2010 10:07am
MC callin it like it is!, funny how if you speak the truth or don t sugar coat shit, ur a hater!, CP sorry no one is kissin your ass! either ride here or in europe, your a great talent, but the sport was here before you and it will be when your done riding. CP willnever beat MC s SX record!
Racer111
11/11/2010 10:18am
mohammed wrote:
Congrats on being the biggest idiot in France!!

Post a reply to: mcgrath

The Latest