maybe Time for a New Number

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2020 8:29 PM

I remember saying that I think he needs to rethink using the 13 right when I found out he was gonna. And I still think he should switch it personally. What 😳 do you think? Photo

|

6/30/2020 8:33 PM

I think it's cool.

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

6/30/2020 8:34 PM

Thirteen is the second best number available.....69 is obviously the first

|

6/30/2020 8:47 PM

I think believing a number has magical and mystical properties is absurd. I remember when Ricky Johnson went to #13 and it was a big talking point back then also, and thinking the same thing (and I was 10 at the time).

triskaidekaphobia
tris·kai·dek·a·pho·bi·a
/ˌtriskīˌdekəˈfōbēə,ˌtriskə-/
extreme superstition regarding the number thirteen.

https://motocrossactionmag.com/amp/debunking-the-myth-of-triskaidekaphobia-motocross-numbers/

|

6/30/2020 9:50 PM

observeroffacts wrote:

Thirteen is the second best number available.....69 is obviously the first

So you’re gonna put 420 in 3rd?

|

6/30/2020 9:57 PM

observeroffacts wrote:

Thirteen is the second best number available.....69 is obviously the first

https://images.app.goo.gl/ZLuaUjmUJND7c6gw7

|

6/30/2020 10:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2020 10:12 PM

observeroffacts wrote:

Thirteen is the second best number available.....69 is obviously the first

|

6/30/2020 10:27 PM

God forbid a JGR rider ends up with that number. It would probably be like crossing the streams or maybe even release a Kraken or something.

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club


Team MooseCAN

7/1/2020 12:12 AM

It was my first number, so I think it's the coolest 2 digit number.

I'm not superstitious, but I can see why some people would chose not to run it.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/1/2020 12:47 AM

Alex.434 wrote:

I think believing a number has magical and mystical properties is absurd. I remember when Ricky Johnson went to #13 and it was a big talking point back then also, and thinking the same thing (and I was 10 at the time).

triskaidekaphobia
tris·kai·dek·a·pho·bi·a
/ˌtriskīˌdekəˈfōbēə,ˌtriskə-/
extreme superstition regarding the number thirteen.

https://motocrossactionmag.com/amp/debunking-the-myth-of-triskaidekaphobia-motocross-numbers/

RJ's year didn't go when he was #13. You have to admit, the number has not had a good history.

#8 is another one that rarely goes well. Albee and Langston being the exceptions so maybe it only works for South Africans?

|

7/1/2020 1:16 AM

6 seems wasted to me...

|

7/1/2020 2:07 AM

Has anyone with 13 ever had a safe Championship career?

|

7/1/2020 2:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/1/2020 5:57 AM

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Has anyone with 13 ever had a safe Championship career?

Blake Wharton finished 3rd in East coast 250 in 2013. He's the last guy to wear the number until this year when Nichols chose to run it.

It hasn't been run that much and it wasn't particularly that "successful".

Photo
Photo

Edit: Jessy Nelson last sported the number in 2016.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/1/2020 2:46 AM

It treated Heath Voss pretty well with this FIM SX title.

|

7/1/2020 2:58 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Blake Wharton finished 3rd in East coast 250 in 2013. He's the last guy to wear the number until this year when Nichols chose to run it.

It hasn't been run that much and it wasn't particularly that "successful".

Photo
Photo

Edit: Jessy Nelson last sported the number in 2016.

Photo
|

7/1/2020 3:16 AM

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Has anyone with 13 ever had a safe Championship career?

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Blake Wharton finished 3rd in East coast 250 in 2013. He's the last guy to wear the number until this year when Nichols chose to run it.

It hasn't been run that much and it wasn't particularly that "successful".

Photo
Photo

Edit: Jessy Nelson last sported the number in 2016.

Cygrace74 wrote: Photo

Mmmhmm

|

7/1/2020 4:11 AM

hartebreak wrote:

God forbid a JGR rider ends up with that number. It would probably be like crossing the streams or maybe even release a Kraken or something.

It might actually work out for the better, double negative kinda deal haha

|

7/1/2020 7:48 AM

"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.."

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

7/1/2020 7:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/1/2020 11:54 AM

I have no issues running a 13. Chose my number because it’s my wife’s birthday. And that day was a Friday too lol

Photo

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

7/1/2020 7:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/1/2020 7:53 AM

Have you seen the meme:

13 thinks it is the worst number

666 says "you have no idea"

2020 says "hold my beer"

|

7/1/2020 8:15 AM

Never ran it on any of my bikes, but 13 might be one of the best looking numbers.

|

7/1/2020 8:17 AM

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Has anyone with 13 ever had a safe Championship career?

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Blake Wharton finished 3rd in East coast 250 in 2013. He's the last guy to wear the number until this year when Nichols chose to run it.

It hasn't been run that much and it wasn't particularly that "successful".

Photo
Photo

Edit: Jessy Nelson last sported the number in 2016.

Jessy Nelson you say? Hmm

Photo

Look how many THUMBS Down this has... Hmm

Photo

|

7/1/2020 8:45 AM

I started with 13 and twenty years later I still run a variation. I only changed because when I was racing a lot, amateurs mostly ran three digit numbers and I thought three digit was more professional looking.

Photo
Photo

|

7/1/2020 8:57 AM

If you are superstitious to the number 13, don't be... only in recent times has 13 been known as being "unlucky"... mostly Asian bullpucky if I remember correctly... any which way... if you are truly superstitious, 13 is truly lucky..

However... if you have an actual brain inside your cranium, it is all mumbo-jumbo.....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

7/1/2020 10:27 AM

Seems a lot of numbers are unlucky depending on where you live.

#4 First of all the number 4 in China, Japan and some other East Asian countries is seen as extremely unlucky, it is pronounced ‘shi’. The number is considered so unlucky by some that it is left out in things such as seat numbers, floors and sports teams. The reason for this is down to the pronunciation, in Mandarin and Japanese the word for death is very similar in pronunciation to the number 4. This superstition is known as tetraphobia.

#7 Although in the west 7 is considered lucky in many countries, in the east particularly China, Thailand and Vietnam it is considered unlucky. The reason for this is that the 7th month is the ghost month! The month where hell is open and ghosts can rise to visit earth.

#8 The number 8 is considered lucky in the far east, however in India it is considered unlucky. It is said to be related to the three stars of Saturn or ‘Sani’ in Hindi. It is said to be a relationship breaker and peace breaker and many catastrophes have happened on the 8th or on dates related to the number 8 such as earthquakes, tsunamis and terror attacks, these have all enhanced this theory.

#9 Another unlucky number in Japan is the number 9, pronounced ‘Ku’. The reason for this is very similar to the number 4 except instead of sounding similar to death it sounds similar to torture or suffering.

#13 Probably the most common unlucky number across different countries particularly in the west. There are a few theories for this, most relating to religion. Firstly, the last supper has 13 people and it is said that Judas the betrayer of Jesus was the 13th to sit at the table. Furthermore, on Friday 13th October 1307 King Philip of France arrested and tortured the majority of the Knights Templar, this is where Friday the 13th got its bad rep from. Another theory is linked to full moons, monks responsible for calendars had problems with years with 13 full moons instead of 12.

#17 In Italy the number 17 is seen by some as unlucky. The reason for this is that the Roman numerals for 17 are XVII and when these are rearranged they spell VIXI which means ‘my life is over’ when translated from Latin.

#39 In Afghanistan this number translates to ‘morda gow’ which means ‘dead cow’. This is a well-known slang term for a pimp and as a result is highly undesirable in Afghanistan, so much so that number plates with 39 in them are almost impossible to sell or are often covered up.

#666 Another commonly known number amongst Christian countries because it is the number of the beast (the devil). This is referenced in the bible by John and is therefore considered unlucky amongst Christians. However, recently scholars believe that the number was mistranslated in the King James bible and is actually 616, but the debate remains open on that.

Have we missed any unlucky numbers from around the world? Or do you have an unlucky number of your own?

|

7/1/2020 10:45 AM

Photo
|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.



7/1/2020 10:47 AM

"quote; neverwas wrote:


Have we missed any unlucky numbers from around the world? Or do you have an unlucky number of your own?"


15. As in April 15....every f***king year.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.



7/2/2020 1:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/2/2020 1:31 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

I remember saying that I think he needs to rethink using the 13 right when I found out he was gonna. And I still think he should switch it personally. What 😳 do you think? Photo

Ah man! I was going to take #13 when I go pro!
It'll be unlucky for everyone else smile.

|

7/2/2020 7:36 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

I remember saying that I think he needs to rethink using the 13 right when I found out he was gonna. And I still think he should switch it personally. What 😳 do you think? Photo

Bad juju #13

|

7/3/2020 10:35 AM

neverwas wrote:

Seems a lot of numbers are unlucky depending on where you live.

#4 First of all the number 4 in China, Japan and some other East Asian countries is seen as extremely unlucky, it is pronounced ‘shi’. The number is considered so unlucky by some that it is left out in things such as seat numbers, floors and sports teams. The reason for this is down to the pronunciation, in Mandarin and Japanese the word for death is very similar in pronunciation to the number 4. This superstition is known as tetraphobia.

#7 Although in the west 7 is considered lucky in many countries, in the east particularly China, Thailand and Vietnam it is considered unlucky. The reason for this is that the 7th month is the ghost month! The month where hell is open and ghosts can rise to visit earth.

#8 The number 8 is considered lucky in the far east, however in India it is considered unlucky. It is said to be related to the three stars of Saturn or ‘Sani’ in Hindi. It is said to be a relationship breaker and peace breaker and many catastrophes have happened on the 8th or on dates related to the number 8 such as earthquakes, tsunamis and terror attacks, these have all enhanced this theory.

#9 Another unlucky number in Japan is the number 9, pronounced ‘Ku’. The reason for this is very similar to the number 4 except instead of sounding similar to death it sounds similar to torture or suffering.

#13 Probably the most common unlucky number across different countries particularly in the west. There are a few theories for this, most relating to religion. Firstly, the last supper has 13 people and it is said that Judas the betrayer of Jesus was the 13th to sit at the table. Furthermore, on Friday 13th October 1307 King Philip of France arrested and tortured the majority of the Knights Templar, this is where Friday the 13th got its bad rep from. Another theory is linked to full moons, monks responsible for calendars had problems with years with 13 full moons instead of 12.

#17 In Italy the number 17 is seen by some as unlucky. The reason for this is that the Roman numerals for 17 are XVII and when these are rearranged they spell VIXI which means ‘my life is over’ when translated from Latin.

#39 In Afghanistan this number translates to ‘morda gow’ which means ‘dead cow’. This is a well-known slang term for a pimp and as a result is highly undesirable in Afghanistan, so much so that number plates with 39 in them are almost impossible to sell or are often covered up.

#666 Another commonly known number amongst Christian countries because it is the number of the beast (the devil). This is referenced in the bible by John and is therefore considered unlucky amongst Christians. However, recently scholars believe that the number was mistranslated in the King James bible and is actually 616, but the debate remains open on that.

Have we missed any unlucky numbers from around the world? Or do you have an unlucky number of your own?

Good stuff. Jordan Bailey is a pimp!

Photo

|