lumbar

yzjs7
5/28/2014 7:50pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2014 4:46am
Turns out my entire lumbar spine has slight bulged disc. Got the mri results,Dr said maybe take up another sport. Screw that I need to stop crashing is what I need to do. My back doesn't even really bother me. Life I chose,I also have a seperated shoulder. If it gets worse then I'll get surgery but no point quitting now. I'm 30 and the Dr said my spine looks like what she would see in a 50 year old,I'm 30.
|
Kyle978
5/28/2014 7:55pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2014 7:56pm
Ever since you the first time you called into Pulp, I knew you had a few screws loose. But you're building yourself a case that you are actually just retarded. That's your back, bro.
SEE ARE125
5/28/2014 7:55pm
Sounds like you could use some cold shower therapy. I've heard it works wonders.

Just bustin' your balls. It's all about how you feel, if it doesn't bother you, carry on. I'm not 30 yet, but feel minor aches and pains creeping up occasionally. Mostly when I've been somewhat inactive, like during the winter. Keeping my body moving tends to make them go away.
yzjs7
5/28/2014 8:03pm
Not retarded lol, I'm not just gonna quit riding guy. It's what I love to do its my life. I still ride all the time and I don't even notice it. I need to get in better shape and ride smarter.
zippy895
5/28/2014 8:17pm
yzjs7 wrote:
Turns out my entire lumbar spine has slight bulged disc. Got the mri results,Dr said maybe take up another sport. Screw that I need to stop...
Turns out my entire lumbar spine has slight bulged disc. Got the mri results,Dr said maybe take up another sport. Screw that I need to stop crashing is what I need to do. My back doesn't even really bother me. Life I chose,I also have a seperated shoulder. If it gets worse then I'll get surgery but no point quitting now. I'm 30 and the Dr said my spine looks like what she would see in a 50 year old,I'm 30.
haha,other than I was 25 not 30,my doc said the same and I felt the same as you! 2 back surgery's later,no more mx bike..it took at least 5-10 years to feel comfortable on not racing or riding moto.good luck.
if its a bulged disc and not dried out,get to chiropractor with mri and go once a week indefinitely.
I go once a week for life.and that's after 2 discs removed.

The Shop

yzjs7
5/28/2014 8:29pm
Just slightly bulged disc,I still see a chiropractor. I hardly notice my back,hoping to not further damage it. If I do then I'll weigh my options.
jeffro503
5/28/2014 10:08pm
yzjs7 wrote:
Not retarded lol, I'm not just gonna quit riding guy. It's what I love to do its my life. I still ride all the time and...
Not retarded lol, I'm not just gonna quit riding guy. It's what I love to do its my life. I still ride all the time and I don't even notice it. I need to get in better shape and ride smarter.
I gotta ask this........but you come on here a lot , with all sorts of weird problems and questions as if you are relatively new to this sport. Maybe a year or two? I can tell by some of the things you ask advice on that you haven't been involved for to long.....at least it seems that way.

If you are 30yrs old and just starting out and having these many problems with your health and the sport in general......maybe you picked the wrong sport to " Participate in " ? Following the sport until you're old or dead is one thing......almost everyone here does that. But not everyone here rides and punishes themselves to the point of damaging themselves so badly it will hurt the rest of their lives.

I don't mean to sound rude.....but you come in as an over caffeinated kid going all hogwild on the sport to the point that you're gonna kill yourself.....or just fuck yourself up. You say " MX is your life "..........don't you have a wife and kid? Maybe think about them before you go out and screw your back up beyond repair.
farmerjohn42
5/28/2014 10:11pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2014 10:14pm
What we do when we are younger definitely comes back around later. As you age you will learn to pre stretch and after some rides you will have to post stretch. In between riding you will have to work on keeping your core strong so it helps aid the back. Also a good vitamin supplement is helpful. Also i find no slouching with correct posture while sitting is helpful. Keeping a good pair of shoes with good support is far more helpful than you might think. Don't forget while lifting heavy things like the bike off the stand or the gearbag use your legs and not the back.
5/28/2014 11:28pm
Try yoga. It made my back feel much better.
I agree. It works wonders on my blown out knees as well. And the scenery is usually not to bad either.
IWreckALot
5/29/2014 5:13am
Dang man. I don't want to think about hanging up the boots. I posted my bike for sale once because I thought I wanted to take a break but when the guy called and said he was coming to take a look, I just couldn't let it go.

Like MacBookMafia and quadzrulebro say, I'd try yoga or a heavy dose of stretching every day at a bare minimum and ask your chiro or doc about what core exercises you can do. A good core can help a bad back.

Lastly, you could always try a different form of riding. My back used to hurt a lot when I rode motocross but since I've been riding hare scrambles/ cross country, it seems a little better.
Xeno
5/29/2014 6:48am
Welcome to trail riding, Raining Yellow.

It's not as bad as you think.
hvaughn88
5/29/2014 6:56am
I have no idea why, but I love Raining Yellow. Maybe it's just awesome to see someone that's so positive about the sport all the time. I usually can't stand fanboys, but he's different because he's a fanboy that's only concerned with being positive about James, not negative about every other rider besides James (like some other guys on here).
JM485
5/29/2014 7:06am
Xeno wrote:
Welcome to trail riding, Raining Yellow.

It's not as bad as you think.
That's how it got screwed up in the first place. I took him on a trail I probably shouldn't have and he fell in a pretty deep rain rut, as in it took three people to get the bike out deep. He can provide more details but it was a pretty scary deal.
5/29/2014 7:09am
Your Gearnes will still look good riding through the woods. Just switch to trail riding. The crashes don't hurt nearly as bad.
HOPSTOOPID
5/29/2014 7:10am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I have no idea why, but I love Raining Yellow. Maybe it's just awesome to see someone that's so positive about the sport all the time...
I have no idea why, but I love Raining Yellow. Maybe it's just awesome to see someone that's so positive about the sport all the time. I usually can't stand fanboys, but he's different because he's a fanboy that's only concerned with being positive about James, not negative about every other rider besides James (like some other guys on here).
Exactly. Keep doing what you do Mr. Yellow.
peelout
5/29/2014 7:12am
what you need is one of those new seVen compression jerseys, bro
yzjs7
5/29/2014 7:23am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I have no idea why, but I love Raining Yellow. Maybe it's just awesome to see someone that's so positive about the sport all the time...
Thank you I appreciate it
5/29/2014 7:56am
Any doctor would probably look at the average mx'ers back X-ray in horror. I know mine does. You are really the best judge as to how much it hurts and how often. We can all deal with nagging pain, but if its something constant and severe you might want to quit. But if it's not that bad I would keep riding. It's all gonna hurt someday anyway!
Tumblin
5/29/2014 8:27am
I've had Anklylosing Spondilytis since my attempt at the Nats at 21. My sponsoring career was carrying dead carcuss' of beef to and from the meat cooler in various state of dismantle. I started said career at 15 and at a burly150# my back sucked, but what I found is the arch and flex of riding/racing really helped my back. I always felt best after roosting me some loam. It's just those few kicks to the back of the helmet that never enhanced its performance.
Every company I worked for knew of my 2 wheel hobby and I'm thankful I never had any compensation claims as I would bet we could of battled over origin.
Today I'm on Enbrel as the antiflamatories have worked over my kidneys and I needed off... my AS is stable and the fear I had of not being able to look up from my shoe strings when I'd be this age has passed, its a blessing. I believe moto has helped.
IWreckALot
5/29/2014 10:46am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I gotta admit I bagged on him a lot while he was new. . . but I've learned that he is definitely different than the fan boys you referenced and actually just a fan like the rest of us. . . only different. He took his lickens and keeps coming back unchanged and happy as usual.
IWreckALot
5/29/2014 10:48am
Your Gearnes will still look good riding through the woods. Just switch to trail riding. The crashes don't hurt nearly as bad.
Debatable. Trees are not very forgiving but you learn to respect those sumbitches.
Spartacus
5/29/2014 10:51am
yzjs7 wrote:
Turns out my entire lumbar spine has slight bulged disc. Got the mri results,Dr said maybe take up another sport. Screw that I need to stop...
But how old are you?
IWreckALot
5/29/2014 10:52am
He's 30 similar to how Mitch Payton is 31.
yzjs7
5/29/2014 11:30am
Yup im 30, I've learned to not ride over my head due to my injuries. Like i said my back only slightly bugs me every now and then. I do custodial work with no issues,constantly bending over and lifting. Until I have severe pain I think I will be just fine as I go about my daily activities without any problems. I wouldnt have even known I have slight bulged disc if it hadnt been for me being a hypocondriac and wanting to know why it sometimes aches. Nobody who rides doesnt have aches and pains. One day if I have severe pain then I will deal with it accordingly. If anything i am wiser now and am more cautious.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
5/29/2014 11:40am
My body goes in the box worn and torn and the pain will end there not preserved by fear. LOL( followed by heavy guitar riffs)
usp4u
5/29/2014 1:55pm
Man, Dick mustve done a number on you when you tried to get your motor back.
Pinch
tmauto769
Fantasy
1265th
5/29/2014 7:04pm
usp4u wrote:
Man, Dick mustve done a number on you when you tried to get your motor back.
Pinch
and yet he still comes back here with a positive attitude with comments like this from butt trumpets like yourself.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
5/29/2014 7:17pm
Tumblin wrote:
I've had Anklylosing Spondilytis since my attempt at the Nats at 21. My sponsoring career was carrying dead carcuss' of beef to and from the meat...
I've had Anklylosing Spondilytis since my attempt at the Nats at 21. My sponsoring career was carrying dead carcuss' of beef to and from the meat cooler in various state of dismantle. I started said career at 15 and at a burly150# my back sucked, but what I found is the arch and flex of riding/racing really helped my back. I always felt best after roosting me some loam. It's just those few kicks to the back of the helmet that never enhanced its performance.
Every company I worked for knew of my 2 wheel hobby and I'm thankful I never had any compensation claims as I would bet we could of battled over origin.
Today I'm on Enbrel as the antiflamatories have worked over my kidneys and I needed off... my AS is stable and the fear I had of not being able to look up from my shoe strings when I'd be this age has passed, its a blessing. I believe moto has helped.
Man, AS is no joke (like most autoimmune's). One thing about it and some other autoimmunes, is that certain movements/exercises can actually help. The DMARD(and others like it) can actually stop and/or reverse the disease process itself. When/if you find they right one they can really make a world of difference. Having all of that being said, you are one tough motherscratcher. Much respect to you to live with AS and not stop doing what you love. It can get you down or you can take it down!
Brad460
Fantasy
807th
5/29/2014 7:33pm
yzjs7 wrote:
All I got out of that is that your 30... Whistling

Post a reply to: lumbar

The Latest