loosing interest

ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
4/18/2018 5:29am
I love these threads. WooHoo. the past was so great! The present sucks!
If only they would come back with:
You need to have a sirius XM acct. so you can listen to the audio cast LIVE,
and wait 2 weeks for the telecast of the race. Ya I think that's way better.
can't tell you how many times I hear "we need to grow the sport" and then the
stadium gets full so the "supply and demand rule" yup ticket prices go through
the roof. We want ABC, but the consequences are XYZ, let's all bitch about
getting what we asked for. And I'm sure nooobody likes actually being able to
see a motorcycle instead of a fuzzy red blob on the old 640x480 crt television.
Yup those days were just so great!!
Having said all that, WTF is that split screen they use? Who's idea was that to
waste 50% of the screen to some random graphic and SHRINK the actual picture
we are trying to watch? Literally 50% of the screen is that stupid blue/gray background
with lines in it?
And yes the 2T bikes are much cheaper to maintain, but the kids are so spoiled with
reliability today. Today, when you go ride for a day, you just expect to ride for the whole day.
How special was it just to make it through the day and take home a working bike?
What percentage of bikes had after market welds on a cracked frame?
At least half? The plugs fouled so often you didn't throw them away because you changed
them so often during the day you'd have half a dozen used ones in the tool box to try so you
could get more riding time in. Maybe that was just me with no money and worn out stuff.
While those days were great, not so sure we need to relive it.
Carry on folks
4/18/2018 5:43am
I go in spirts. At the moment I am GNCC hooked. I'm sure in a few years I will be back into moto. Anything 2 wheels I can get into, but I change every few years on what I like better. Keep it fresh.
chrisg19
Fantasy
4437th
4/18/2018 5:54am
Start watching the GP's, your interest will definitely come back watching that series especially the deep sand races.
I agree with this. Supercross doesn’t do it for me , it’s just a placeholder until the Nationals come around. The GPS are a breath of fresh air to me.

As to the original question I think interests come and go in life. I got into MXin the 70s, and for awhile it was everything to me. But then I kind of lost interest and drifted away from it. Came back around again about 10 years ago, and it’s been great.
Huckster
4/18/2018 7:12am
rmoto003 wrote:
couldnt possibly be because you are just personally loosing interest in it...

nah, its the sports fault!
Rmoto003 ever been to dilla in the 80's ? I guessing nope ..... it's not the same , I know I'm not the only one who...
Rmoto003 ever been to dilla in the 80's ? I guessing nope ..... it's not the same , I know I'm not the only one who thinks it's not as exciting
It’s not even close to being the same but in some ways it’s better.

The Shop

NorCal 50+
4/18/2018 9:12am
I've had the same feeling this year. For one, the sport has always been corporate, but it's MonsterCross now. It has the feel of a giant Monster Energy commercial. Someone will say I don't know how marketing works, but it's overboard. I'd be embarrassed to invite anybody over age 20 to sit down and watch it with me, because it is viewed as a sister sport of Monster trucks. I had a friend at work tell me his son "grew out" of liking SX, and the kid was just out of elementary school.
It would be cool to bring back more individuality.The stars of today are far from the RJs, Bradshaws, Matiasevitch's and the JS7s of yesteryear. They all seem pretty miserable during interviews, to be honest.
And SX is now almost purely a sport of attrition now. At this point in the season it has the feel of going through the motions.
4/18/2018 9:15am
Been watching motocross for almost 40 years. Its still dudes going as fast as they can on a motorcycle.

The sport hasn't changed. You have. And thats ok. We all change.
make1go
4/18/2018 9:27am
Funny I was thinking the other day of starting a post to ask if anyone else is a little low on emotion and interest with SX...
Funny I was thinking the other day of starting a post to ask if anyone else is a little low on emotion and interest with SX this year
sx is boring after 10 rounds, most of the top guys have been eliminated by injuries, one or 2 might be in a fight for the title if we are lucky, no one cares if 5th and 6th are 2 points apart..ground hog day...good morning..no actual fans want 24 sx rounds mr feld, nor do the riders and crew..stop trying to fck up that sport..
early
Fantasy
2212th
4/18/2018 9:34am
make1go wrote:
sx is boring after 10 rounds, most of the top guys have been eliminated by injuries, one or 2 might be in a fight for the...
sx is boring after 10 rounds, most of the top guys have been eliminated by injuries, one or 2 might be in a fight for the title if we are lucky, no one cares if 5th and 6th are 2 points apart..ground hog day...good morning..no actual fans want 24 sx rounds mr feld, nor do the riders and crew..stop trying to fck up that sport..
12 rounds SX, 12 rounds MX with a month off in between would be just about perfect. I love having 2 seasons a year.

If you are losing interest in pro racing, just go ride on Saturdays, that's what it's all about anyway, riding and having fun. Watching Pro racing isnt going to solve anyone's problems.
SwingHard
4/18/2018 9:36am
Been into Motocross for 48 years now. After about round six,Supercross gets pretty monotonous for me. Now, Nationals, MXGP, Canadian Nationals,I can watch that all day!
4/18/2018 9:47am
Funny I was thinking the other day of starting a post to ask if anyone else is a little low on emotion and interest with SX...
Funny I was thinking the other day of starting a post to ask if anyone else is a little low on emotion and interest with SX this year
SX is lacking an exciting figure, someone who is unpredictable or who is going to go balls out or crash trying. When JS7 or J-Law was lining up you had to tune in, even RV because of the intensity he brought, now there's no-one that will give me that feeling and make it worthwhile to sit through all the other crap watching it live, I'd rather wait a while and watch it on youtube. There isn't even really an exciting rivalry at the moment.
4/18/2018 2:43pm
So atleast I'm not alone here on the whole loosing interest thing , new thread started bye shane9326 might get things going ???? Shits wizzeak right now other than Osborne taking out savagty last year and they where on 250, 450 use to be the main attraction.
BobPA
4/18/2018 2:57pm
So atleast I'm not alone here on the whole loosing interest thing , new thread started bye shane9326 might get things going ???? Shits wizzeak right...
So atleast I'm not alone here on the whole loosing interest thing , new thread started bye shane9326 might get things going ???? Shits wizzeak right now other than Osborne taking out savagty last year and they where on 250, 450 use to be the main attraction.
The only thing I am loosing is my belt buckle after a few slices of pizza and a nap.
peelout
4/18/2018 2:59pm
So atleast I'm not alone here on the whole loosing interest thing , new thread started bye shane9326 might get things going ???? Shits wizzeak right...
BobPA wrote:
The only thing I am loosing is my belt buckle after a few slices of pizza and a nap.
watching me slay in RocketLeague usually loosens Meg's hips, bro
Shaned9326
4/18/2018 3:45pm
Brol you nailed it and lots of people feel the same way!! Might get torched a little for posting against supercross but I could care less!! ?
4/18/2018 3:53pm
Even after a thread full of jokes you still unironically used loosing instead of losing... I think there may be something loose in your head.
Frank
4/18/2018 4:10pm
I think weather and geographic region contributes to increase or decrease of interest. We are in the the thick of our 6th straight month of snowfall. Since we only get 4-5 months of weather over 60 degrees we cherish the opportunity.
I could see it getting old if we could ride 365 days a year like the op. We use the winter to heal/train/buy parts/follow pro racing. Summer is every weekend at a track camping out with the family and riding. Would not trade this hobby for anything in the world.
4/18/2018 4:33pm Edited Date/Time 4/18/2018 5:37pm
Even after a thread full of jokes you still unironically used loosing instead of losing... I think there may be something loose in your head.
Hey woody get at me in pm , I am interested in how spell check can improve our interest in our sport for me and my family , did I spell any thing wrong here ? So glad my English teacher is an mx fan , that is also what is wrong with this sport , and this site , people think they are faster , stronger , jump farther spell better than this guy with the used bike , rung what you brung on your thoughts you clown , this was about me and my family and our interest if I wanted a spelling lesson I'll call your girl . When I want a European opinion I'll be married to one , op wait to late I did that already too , or to or two or 2
Flatliner
4/18/2018 5:34pm
BobKerr wrote:
I believe that it is common for some people to not hold the same level of interest for the same hobbies throughout their entire life.
This. While I certainly still enjoy moto, I only ride once or twice a year. My kid is in more activities, and I've got more of a passion for riding on the street now than in the dirt. No real reason for it, just kind of happened once me and the then gf started riding together.

Having said that, I'll sill be in Minneapolis next year to watch the race.
make1go
4/18/2018 5:49pm
early wrote:
12 rounds SX, 12 rounds MX with a month off in between would be just about perfect. I love having 2 seasons a year. If you...
12 rounds SX, 12 rounds MX with a month off in between would be just about perfect. I love having 2 seasons a year.

If you are losing interest in pro racing, just go ride on Saturdays, that's what it's all about anyway, riding and having fun. Watching Pro racing isnt going to solve anyone's problems.
ive riden 3 times this week and nearly twice a week for months now, frankly a little bored with riding. its annoying as my fitness and skill are up my interest drops off.
and we found a rather nice view yesterday
Phantom 661
4/18/2018 6:31pm
I'm still interested. Why? Because for me it's still about what it's always been about. The racing! I look past the gimmicky and somewhat cheesy nature of the show because of those who race. I still enjoy watching the best level up and separate themselves from the rest of the field. I see Amazing things from riders every week. Its not that bad. If you're losing interest I suggest you go watch rock climbing for a year and report back when you're ready to see something moving again. Im 56 years old and have been here from the (SX) Sports beginning. It's a great sport and it takes balls to excel at. Period.
BobPA
4/18/2018 6:35pm
BobPA wrote:
peelout wrote:
watching me slay in RocketLeague usually loosens Meg's hips, bro
This guy knows
slipdog
4/18/2018 6:50pm
Shaned9326 wrote:
Brol you nailed it and lots of people feel the same way!! Might get torched a little for posting against supercross but I could care less...
Brol you nailed it and lots of people feel the same way!! Might get torched a little for posting against supercross but I could care less!! ?
So your into it?
4/18/2018 8:39pm
Hey woody get at me in pm , I am interested in how spell check can improve our interest in our sport for me and my...
Hey woody get at me in pm , I am interested in how spell check can improve our interest in our sport for me and my family , did I spell any thing wrong here ? So glad my English teacher is an mx fan , that is also what is wrong with this sport , and this site , people think they are faster , stronger , jump farther spell better than this guy with the used bike , rung what you brung on your thoughts you clown , this was about me and my family and our interest if I wanted a spelling lesson I'll call your girl . When I want a European opinion I'll be married to one , op wait to late I did that already too , or to or two or 2
Just giving you shit don't loose your cool man.
jeffro503
4/18/2018 8:43pm
Start watching the GP's, your interest will definitely come back watching that series especially the deep sand races.
This right here from the brother above......spot on! Watch some real moto , and it can help get the blood going.

I do hear you on the " Losing interest " sometimes. I'm extremely hot and cold with the sport. Mainly , I think it might be the weather up here.....and when I can't ride , I start to lose interest. My work also kicks the hell out of me most days , and when the weekend comes along , and I'm too beat up.....I have no interest in riding. I'll always love this sport , but not sure how much longer I'll actually participate in it. 1 , 2 , 3 , maybe 5 years? What will shut me down is my joints. The ache....a lot.

As far as losing interest in watching.......Like what Muscle-Milk said above.....watch the GP's. They are awesome. SX is a crap shoot. Can be good one weekend , and another it's like watching paint dry.
jeffro503
4/18/2018 8:46pm
make1go wrote:
ive riden 3 times this week and nearly twice a week for months now, frankly a little bored with riding. its annoying as my fitness and...
ive riden 3 times this week and nearly twice a week for months now, frankly a little bored with riding. its annoying as my fitness and skill are up my interest drops off.
and we found a rather nice view yesterday
Good lord....where is that?
4/18/2018 9:18pm
Go find a Vet class and do some gate drops. Regain appreciation for the skill it takes to do this. Get your kid racing too but...
Go find a Vet class and do some gate drops. Regain appreciation for the skill it takes to do this. Get your kid racing too but for fun, not because you want to have the next Emig. (he won't be). Spend sunny Saturdays at the track, riding together, have a sandwich in the sun on the ramp of the trailer and look at your bikes, talking about what sections you rocked and how good he is getting. Make him help load and unload the trailer, and watch while you clean the bikes. Then sit in the garage with your boy, have a cold beer, and look at your clean bikes and talk about how much fun you had. It don't get more awesome than that, and I'm doing exactly this on Sunday.

Mike
Man this guy gets it
mxpro252
4/18/2018 10:45pm
Starting about 5-7 years ago, I usually stop looking forward to it after about 5 rounds. Too many people are out hurt and the tracks are awful. Especially in recent years.
dboivin
4/18/2018 10:56pm
some nascar fan somewhere made a similar post to this a few years ago somewhere...

2018 nascar races look like this now...lol.

Post a reply to: loosing interest

The Latest