living in the s.e and sick of dc and mx sports

Overdrive
6/21/2012 3:25pm
GuyB wrote:
I've heard from people who are hoping to reopen the Seminole MX track in South Florida as well, and having that installed as a National. Yes...
I've heard from people who are hoping to reopen the Seminole MX track in South Florida as well, and having that installed as a National.

Yes, it seems there are tons of people interested in a race in the SE.
Thats pretty darn sooooouuuuuutttthhhhhhh east....lol Speaking of reopening they got Miami reopened a few weekends ago.
TomZ
Fantasy
4402nd
6/21/2012 3:46pm
DC wrote:
Thanks everyone, we are working on it, but the current stuff -- like Red Bud and Spring Creek, and the first five rounds -- got moved...
Thanks everyone, we are working on it, but the current stuff -- like Red Bud and Spring Creek, and the first five rounds -- got moved to the front burner. I will be back on this in July before and during Loretta Lynn's. (And no, not Loretta Lynn's...)

DC
MX Sports
Ha Ha Ha....surprised that LL suggestion didn't show up ealier.
ehr400
6/21/2012 3:57pm
ehr400 wrote:
I think where ever they have it (preferably @ Monster Mountain) I am willing to go. I used to go to Red Bud every year and...
I think where ever they have it (preferably @ Monster Mountain) I am willing to go. I used to go to Red Bud every year and this will be the first year I havent been in a long time. I would welcome anything here in the SE. I think was as many people who fill Atlanta and Talladega there will be plenty of people willing to go to this race.

As for the heat, do it earlier or later depending on the schedule. If people will sit shoulder to shoulder down here to watch Napcar in 100+ degree heat I am sure they will still turnout just fine for a national with shade and not so congested. Rock on DC we know you will do well.
TeamGreen wrote:
Ya see? Do ya, people? This is one of those "Real Southern" dudes that ya want to go Trail Ride with...even if the trees are only...
Ya see?

Do ya, people?

This is one of those "Real Southern" dudes that ya want to go Trail Ride with...even if the trees are only 15" apart...W-T-F!?

The Real South, Real Race Fans...Real Racing Heritage.

BTW, real men finish their race day at the same place they started it...

WAFFLE HOUSE!
Hell I am from Michigan man! Lol

Seriously though, people will be there. SX is a side show, real fans come to the outdoors.
TeamGreen
6/21/2012 4:23pm
I have a sneaking suspicion that the answer to this "need" may be a bit of an "extreme measure" that may show us just how important this issue is to MX Sports.

Btw, I think some of the folks in here ought'a be damn glad that Mamma Coombs ain't a Web-Head...

I'm jus' sayin'...

The Shop

6/21/2012 9:26pm
TerryK wrote:
You'd think with only 5 posts in 4 years, you would aim for some substance and quality in your posts. lol
7386 and your aim still sucks...Dry Seriously his wording sucked but the message is real.
GuyB wrote:
Crash, your aim is off here. Terry is someone whose opinion I trust. That's why he has moderator keys.
I agree, I was messing with him, we sort of go back and forth a bit, I'm chilling. Bad Crash, no worries I locked him back up in the shed.
SpeedyR
6/22/2012 9:59pm
The facts are that ATL SX sells out every year. 65k+ fans in the seats. Georgia has two of the biggest private off road parks in the US. Some of the better tracks around and a few that are willing to build the infrastructure needed to host a national. My bets would be on barber. If George gets behind it he would build a first class track to match the facility.

Having been to a lot of nationals thru the years I think his location and facilities would set a new standard for MX racing in the us. Even if it's a "one off" track that's only used a couple of times a year (or once for that matter). Great facilities, easy access to major airports, freeways, hotels, food, etc.

Build it and they will come. In droves. Smile
ProMoto
6/22/2012 10:13pm
SpeedyR wrote:
The facts are that ATL SX sells out every year. 65k+ fans in the seats. Georgia has two of the biggest private off road parks in...
The facts are that ATL SX sells out every year. 65k+ fans in the seats. Georgia has two of the biggest private off road parks in the US. Some of the better tracks around and a few that are willing to build the infrastructure needed to host a national. My bets would be on barber. If George gets behind it he would build a first class track to match the facility.

Having been to a lot of nationals thru the years I think his location and facilities would set a new standard for MX racing in the us. Even if it's a "one off" track that's only used a couple of times a year (or once for that matter). Great facilities, easy access to major airports, freeways, hotels, food, etc.

Build it and they will come. In droves. Smile
To me there are only 6 real Pro Nationals tracks left. Red Bud, Millville, Washougal, Unadilla, Highpoint, and Hangtown in that order. Glen Helen should be the next track. Not a flat dry lake bed. Make some minimum requirements for a track to even be eligible for a Pro Nat. Multiple 700ft elevation changes should be mandatory. Put it in the rules. There are minimum track requirements in F1, indy, nascar, etc. Why not Pro Moto?

Post a reply to: living in the s.e and sick of dc and mx sports

The Latest