lil help please

Jerkolantern
1/16/2019 6:21am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2019 10:05pm
So there's a Yamaha documentary on you tube and the thing has a picture of a 360 in yz colors of the time and a chick sitting next to it with a brew and what looks like a smoke, it's a totally bitchin pic. I looked up the team, her leather says M&M on it and googled my ass off to no avail. So, I'm turning to the highest Moto power in the land. The vital brain trust, archives department. I don't know how to imbed, or do many many other things. But I can copy and paste. Here's a link. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrvPyA-m68g. If someone can get that pic to me so I can get a poster made, I'll throw some bitchin Moto thing or a snappy tool or something to you. Not a new helmet or something expensive, but it'll make ya smile I promise.
|
js451
1/16/2019 6:57am
So there's a Yamaha documentary on you tube and the thing has a picture of a 360 in yz colors of the time and a chick...
So there's a Yamaha documentary on you tube and the thing has a picture of a 360 in yz colors of the time and a chick sitting next to it with a brew and what looks like a smoke, it's a totally bitchin pic. I looked up the team, her leather says M&M on it and googled my ass off to no avail. So, I'm turning to the highest Moto power in the land. The vital brain trust, archives department. I don't know how to imbed, or do many many other things. But I can copy and paste. Here's a link. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrvPyA-m68g. If someone can get that pic to me so I can get a poster made, I'll throw some bitchin Moto thing or a snappy tool or something to you. Not a new helmet or something expensive, but it'll make ya smile I promise.
Hey mate if you can remember at what time in the doco the picture appears, write it down. It will make it easier for someone to do it for you without having to sift through the whole film
Jerkolantern
1/16/2019 8:14am
It's not actually in the documentary, it's the pic you see when you look it up though, unfortunately they only cover street and a few dual sport bikes, no Moto. Still a great documentary though, watching Wayne Rainey fly on a 500 smoker making 180 horse is a sight to behold-
Jerkolantern
1/16/2019 8:15am
newmann wrote:
Vital member Zeke27G may be able to help you out, or his friend Meatball. Yes, Meatball.

https://youtu.be/ZrvPyA-m68g
I should've known, newmann you rule- it's guys like you that make this place, thank you.

The Shop

sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
1/17/2019 1:43am
Here's a view of the left side Laughing

Jerkolantern
1/17/2019 2:21am
sumdood wrote:
Here's a view of the left side :laugh: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/01/17/318537/s1200_Zeke_pumpkin_head.jpg[/img]
Here's a view of the left side Laughing

Omg that's SOOOOO bitchin! I've GOT to hit that race up. It looks like a blast. And I've always wondered if I could take Charlie, I saw his Moto vid when I was a kid, dude can ride mud, rocks, hills, you name it. Not even Snoopy could beat him on much better equipment, and that tennis ball thrower he rigged up was FAST. Memories... Cool
Zeke27G
1/17/2019 1:48pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2019 1:52pm
Where's Zeke? I pm'd him.... Dry
Sorry, been busy and I luckily I had a few friends reach out and make me aware of this thread, as I don't check the main forum here often.

If that '74 Yam MX360 could talk! I bought it from a guy in the Temecula area who had acquired it from his friend who was the son of the original owner. Apparently the original owner was a dead beat dad and was mixed up in drugs and alcohol, so the son didn't have much interest in doing anything with it. His friend did a half assed restoration on it and I bought it to race for fun at Meatball's Hell On Wheels events. I spent a lot of time sorting it out and building it the best I could, and I definitely put it through it's paces.

Meatball wanted to put it in his annual calendar, the 2015 calendar I believe, and Demitri Coste and Larry Niehues shot all of the photos. I'll make sure to message you with their contact info so you can ask them about using the image, not that it hasn't been used by plenty of others. And the "model" in question, I want to say her name was Christine and she definitely enjoyed her Coors and smokes!!

Anyhow, after racing plenty of Hell On Wheels events, Cal-Vmx's, Burnworth's So Cal VMX Classic's, Day in The Dirt's and etc over the years, I moved on to a '73 CZ400 and parted ways with my old Yam to a friend who raced it for a year or two before he found his way onto a '74 CZ400 as well and he eventually parted ways with my Yam, and sold it to a gentleman back in Michigan.

Sometimes I miss that old Yam, then I remind myself of it's ill handling, the late nights welding the frame back together and the times I fell short at beating CZ's and Ossa's on it!

Here's a shot from a Cal-Vmx last year at Milestone on my CZ, and like my buddy Jefro once said, "whenever you're out in the lead, make sure to pop your Jofa off!" Laughing

newmann
1/17/2019 3:21pm
Just noticed that appears to be a Webco head on the MX360. Good stuff, Zeke!
ob
1/17/2019 3:46pm
Have you guys seen Zeke ride those old turds? Shit it’s amazing
newmann
1/17/2019 4:26pm
ob wrote:
Fast guys are fast. When they get old, still fast. When they ride old turds....yep, still fast. It always amazes me to see an old legend turning laps at the vintage races. They were so accustomed to going so fast for so long at the top levels of the sport that even when they are old, fat and out of shape , they still have a smooth style and carry some bad ass speed. Then along comes some fast young kid on a 4 inch travel scoot laying it flat over the jumps and your head spins again!Laughing
R.EX
1/17/2019 5:09pm

Found it and a bonus photo here
Jerkolantern
1/17/2019 5:18pm
OMG you guys are flipping epic- Zeke my old email is connected to this account, iveade a couple over the years, I forget passwords to one and remember a different one, no shit! Anyway my new mail is bwrightuimn@gmail.com and I have to say number one thank you to everyone involved, seriously man props, and two I hope to see all you guys sometime soon, I really think you've got a winner with the no stress racing for us old timers and the thing looks super fun. Tongue
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
1/17/2019 5:42pm

Well you obviously have those old things working better than when they were new Laughing
newmann
1/17/2019 6:08pm
R.EX wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/01/17/318822/s1200_1505664_768870926483480_682675669098802_n.jpg[/img] Found it and a bonus photo [url=http://www.inazumacafe.com/2018/08/yamaha-and-cigarette.html?m=1]here[/url]

Parking block looks uncomfortable. She needs my freshly restored chair for the photo shoot.

barnett468
1/17/2019 6:32pm
Zeke27G wrote:
Sorry, been busy and I luckily I had a few friends reach out and make me aware of this thread, as I don't check the main...
Sorry, been busy and I luckily I had a few friends reach out and make me aware of this thread, as I don't check the main forum here often.

If that '74 Yam MX360 could talk! I bought it from a guy in the Temecula area who had acquired it from his friend who was the son of the original owner. Apparently the original owner was a dead beat dad and was mixed up in drugs and alcohol, so the son didn't have much interest in doing anything with it. His friend did a half assed restoration on it and I bought it to race for fun at Meatball's Hell On Wheels events. I spent a lot of time sorting it out and building it the best I could, and I definitely put it through it's paces.

Meatball wanted to put it in his annual calendar, the 2015 calendar I believe, and Demitri Coste and Larry Niehues shot all of the photos. I'll make sure to message you with their contact info so you can ask them about using the image, not that it hasn't been used by plenty of others. And the "model" in question, I want to say her name was Christine and she definitely enjoyed her Coors and smokes!!

Anyhow, after racing plenty of Hell On Wheels events, Cal-Vmx's, Burnworth's So Cal VMX Classic's, Day in The Dirt's and etc over the years, I moved on to a '73 CZ400 and parted ways with my old Yam to a friend who raced it for a year or two before he found his way onto a '74 CZ400 as well and he eventually parted ways with my Yam, and sold it to a gentleman back in Michigan.

Sometimes I miss that old Yam, then I remind myself of it's ill handling, the late nights welding the frame back together and the times I fell short at beating CZ's and Ossa's on it!

Here's a shot from a Cal-Vmx last year at Milestone on my CZ, and like my buddy Jefro once said, "whenever you're out in the lead, make sure to pop your Jofa off!" Laughing

are you going to calvmx on the 27th at perris?
barnett468
1/17/2019 6:38pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2019 6:39pm
ob wrote:
i have seen him 2 or 3 times now when i raced calvmx. at the last milestone race, parts were falling off his kawi (the side cover) during the race, lol. he had it in his hand when he went by the finish line and tossed it over there so i picked it up and handed it to him after the race.

i was around 20 yards before the checkered flag in one race there before he lapped me, but at 63 years old, i was still fortunate enough to win the novice class in that same race.
jeffro503
1/17/2019 7:00pm
Zeke27G wrote:
Sorry, been busy and I luckily I had a few friends reach out and make me aware of this thread, as I don't check the main...

One of THEE.....raddest Freakin' pics ever!!!
jeffro503
1/17/2019 7:02pm
R.EX wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/01/17/318822/s1200_1505664_768870926483480_682675669098802_n.jpg[/img] Found it and a bonus photo [url=http://www.inazumacafe.com/2018/08/yamaha-and-cigarette.html?m=1]here[/url]

And another epic pic. I seriously want to make a poster out of this.
Jerkolantern
1/17/2019 9:55pm
I'm on it jeffro, I'll send ya one. You Newman team green Bobby and a bunch of others have helped me countless times with stuff, most times you guys don't know your helping because I read stuff in other posts, but ya do. I was supposed to be born in so cal to ride bikes but it just didn't work out that way and I envy you guys , no matter where yer from- Moto guys are the best. I grew up playing hockey and it was pretty good, but nothing compares to Moto, the people are the best. As promised I'll dig up some old jofa or jt shit for newmann and 27g , you guys please email me at the above address or feel free to text call. I hope to meet everyone some day. I'll work my ass off to make the scratch to make it happen if I can.
Jerkolantern
1/17/2019 9:59pm
R.EX wrote:

newmann wrote:
Parking block looks uncomfortable. She needs my freshly restored chair for the photo shoot. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/01/17/318845/s1200_B42546E4_7618_41BF_A73F_7B0866A5884D.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/01/17/318846/s1200_EA82CC3F_4699_4A23_9D58_C84DCBAC7183.jpg[/img]
Parking block looks uncomfortable. She needs my freshly restored chair for the photo shoot.

I know it's a sin to envy thy neighbors shit but DAMN newmann, that chair rules! And what the hell is that Honda??? It looks like a tiny Mugen! Man your stuff is tops kid
Jerkolantern
1/17/2019 10:05pm
sumdood wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/01/17/318835/s1200_ZEKE_BIG_AIR.jpg[/img] Well you obviously have those old things working better than when they were new :laugh:

Well you obviously have those old things working better than when they were new Laughing
I can't believe this pic, dude you got some brass. I hope you had a nice slope ahead of ya. And your other pic is poster Worthy too! I've never seen old iron do the things you do to em, I don't know who the hell you are, but I do know this. Your much faster than me- thanks again for sharing, making plans already......
ob
1/18/2019 8:23am
sumdood wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/01/17/318835/s1200_ZEKE_BIG_AIR.jpg[/img] Well you obviously have those old things working better than when they were new :laugh:

I can't believe this pic, dude you got some brass. I hope you had a nice slope ahead of ya. And your other pic is poster...
I can't believe this pic, dude you got some brass. I hope you had a nice slope ahead of ya. And your other pic is poster Worthy too! I've never seen old iron do the things you do to em, I don't know who the hell you are, but I do know this. Your much faster than me- thanks again for sharing, making plans already......
He punishes those old turds, they look like they are twisting and folding like a spring when he rides them. He's not a small guy by any means, don't think that shit is normal.

Post a reply to: lil help please

The Latest