hillbilly
2/20/2014 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2014 3:21pm
Yup,one fourth of a million for 43rd
|
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
2/20/2014 7:10pm
Probably the amount it cost to field a competitive car.

Not sure if you are trying to make a comparison to SX purses but if you were it is not relevant. SX is not even a gnats ass to what the Daytona 500 is in regards to $$$.
JoJmoto
2/20/2014 7:17pm
75 million fans in NASCAR
2/20/2014 7:19pm
The average nascar team has a budget of 20 million.
hillbilly
2/20/2014 7:29pm
More fans are currently attending sx than nascar,the fad wore off.

Can someone tell my why the riders dont have soviniers(sp) trailers like drivers.

Never understood that,i know they move areound but you got a year.

Dale jr sold 65 million dollars worth of t shirts last year,i know,no comparing but hell,people would by about anything you make if they like the guy

The Shop

yak651
Fantasy
168th
2/20/2014 7:32pm
KennyT wrote:
Probably the amount it cost to field a competitive car. Not sure if you are trying to make a comparison to SX purses but if you...

Not sure if you are trying to make a comparison to SX purses but if you were it is not relevant. SX is not even a gnats ass to what the Daytona 500 is in regards to $$$.
Good point, so can you field a "competitive bike" for the purse money in SX? Wouldn't that be a fair comparison?
olds cool
2/20/2014 7:41pm
Ummmm......no. Ask Joe Nemechek or Morgan Shepherd what their budgets' are. If what you are saying is true, then there would have to be 6 - 10 teams with a $100 million + budget to make your math work.
Regis
Fantasy
359th
2/20/2014 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2014 7:53pm
hillbilly wrote:
More fans are currently attending sx than nascar,the fad wore off. Can someone tell my why the riders dont have soviniers(sp) trailers like drivers. Never understood...

Can someone tell my why the riders dont have soviniers(sp) trailers like drivers.

Dale jr sold 65 million dollars worth of t shirts last year,i know,no comparing but hell,people would by about anything you make if they like the guy
You don't believe that do you?

More fans attend 16 rounds of SX than all of the nascar races? How about all the merchandise all over the nation? Dale Jr is one if the most popular motorsports figures in the world! NASCAR is huge and not even comparible to our sport as far as popularity! Not to mention the multiple million TV deal paid to nascar for the rights to show it.

Daytona, is called speed weeks. Just this week there is hours long coverage everyday of practice, qualifying, more practice, a bud shoot out, the twin quitting races (tonight) all culminating at the Daytona 500 this weekend. Can't even compare the two sports as far as popularity. Go to any store in the south and you'll find something NASCAR.

This has to be a cast post which hook, lined and sinkered me. Smile
TeamGreen
2/20/2014 7:49pm
olds cool wrote:
Ummmm......no. Ask Joe Nemechek or Morgan Shepherd what their budgets' are. If what you are saying is true, then there would have to be 6 -...
Ummmm......no. Ask Joe Nemechek or Morgan Shepherd what their budgets' are. If what you are saying is true, then there would have to be 6 - 10 teams with a $100 million + budget to make your math work.
Ummmm...ya see...well...actually...never-mind.

What would you guess the budgets are at RCH, JGR, Hendrick...Roush...etc?

This is funny.
2/20/2014 8:02pm
olds cool wrote:
Ummmm......no. Ask Joe Nemechek or Morgan Shepherd what their budgets' are. If what you are saying is true, then there would have to be 6 -...
I didn't do the math. I did Google. How many pit crew members does it take to do one pit stop? That article Regis posted said it costs 400k a week. Guess what 400k times 52 is....
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
2/20/2014 8:04pm
hillbilly wrote:
More fans are currently attending sx than nascar,the fad wore off. Can someone tell my why the riders dont have soviniers(sp) trailers like drivers. Never understood...

NASCAR is a huge sport with programs on several different networks all hours of every day,. Networks that actually pay Nascar to broadcast, not the other way around. Comparing SX to NASCAR is similar to comparing pee wee football to the NFL

I like the idea of selling rider merchandise but it would only help the riders like RV and Dungey who already make millions.
The riders that need it, the privateers, would have to give it away for anyone to wear it.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
2/20/2014 8:08pm
KennyT wrote:
Probably the amount it cost to field a competitive car. Not sure if you are trying to make a comparison to SX purses but if you...

yak651 wrote:
Good point, so can you field a "competitive bike" for the purse money in SX? Wouldn't that be a fair comparison?
Until networks start paying big dollars for the rights to broadcast MX/SX races it just isn't going to happen. No comparison to the 2 sports.
COAL-TRAIN
2/20/2014 8:13pm
hillbilly wrote:

Regis wrote:
You don't believe that do you? More fans attend 16 rounds of SX than all of the nascar races? How about all the merchandise all over...

More fans attend 16 rounds of SX than all of the nascar races? How about all the merchandise all over the nation? Dale Jr is one if the most popular motorsports figures in the world! NASCAR is huge and not even comparible to our sport as far as popularity! Not to mention the multiple million TV deal paid to nascar for the rights to show it.

Daytona, is called speed weeks. Just this week there is hours long coverage everyday of practice, qualifying, more practice, a bud shoot out, the twin quitting races (tonight) all culminating at the Daytona 500 this weekend. Can't even compare the two sports as far as popularity. Go to any store in the south and you'll find something NASCAR.

"More fans attend 16 rounds of SX than all of the nascar races?"
How does the rest of your ramble prove otherwise? I believe hillbilly said "attending"...not "TV deals" or "popularity" or whats in stores in the "south". I don't know if thats true...but sounds like you don't either as far as facts.
motogrady
2/20/2014 8:25pm
I just heard, the girl that invented some spandex bra and slim wear is the latest billionaire.
And the girls at the local wal mart that sell them might crack 7.50 an hour.

The new president of WestVirginiaU pulls 450,000.00 a year, plus a car, plus moving expenses,
plus airfare for wherever he want's to go.
And you pay him.

And the people that make prescription drugs, the things that some of us need to stay alive but can't afford,
are millionaires many times over.

And the guy that runs the United Way, along with his buddy at the Red Cross, close to half a mil a year.

That the owner of Feld, a guy that built it from nothing, doesn't act any different, is that really a shocker?
Zoom
2/20/2014 8:26pm
hillbilly wrote:

Click on the link below to view the stats from the 20-12 Nascar season.

Over 99,000 spectators per event in Nascar with around 30 events.

Supercross average is around 50,000 per event with 17 rounds.

Not even close....

http://www.statisticbrain.com/nascar-racing-statistics/
olds cool
2/20/2014 8:32pm
olds cool wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:

This is funny.
If you are talking about Hendrick Motorsports, for example, as an organization, then yes the organization has mega bucks but that's four teams right there. Maybe I misunderstood v-icey but I took his statement to mean each individual driver/entry constituting a team. Ummm...are you sure you didn't mean RCR rather than RCH? Not trying to get in a pissing contest but insinuating that all of the teams trying to make the field for the Daytona 500 have an avg budget of $20 mil is like throwing all the privateers trying to make the night show at A1 into the pot with all the factory teams, averaging their collective budgets and assuming the privateers have an ample budget to make it from race to race. Damn, that sentence was too long! Everything is relative. More than a couple of NASCAR "teams" have tight budgets and struggle like SX/MX privateers, albeit on a different scale.
BAMX
2/20/2014 8:48pm
MX costs chump change compared to car racing. 100K per year for a solid late model effort easy. Crashes cost thousands, Blown motor is min 10k for a spec to 25+ for open. Friday practice cost you about $500 Then again, they were putting 5000 people in the stands for local stock car racing.
TeamGreen
2/20/2014 8:50pm
olds cool wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:

This is funny.
olds cool wrote:
If you are talking about Hendrick Motorsports, for example, as an organization, then yes the organization has mega bucks but that's four teams right there. Maybe...
If you are talking about Hendrick Motorsports, for example, as an organization, then yes the organization has mega bucks but that's four teams right there. Maybe I misunderstood v-icey but I took his statement to mean each individual driver/entry constituting a team. Ummm...are you sure you didn't mean RCR rather than RCH? Not trying to get in a pissing contest but insinuating that all of the teams trying to make the field for the Daytona 500 have an avg budget of $20 mil is like throwing all the privateers trying to make the night show at A1 into the pot with all the factory teams, averaging their collective budgets and assuming the privateers have an ample budget to make it from race to race. Damn, that sentence was too long! Everything is relative. More than a couple of NASCAR "teams" have tight budgets and struggle like SX/MX privateers, albeit on a different scale.
Damn...RCH in-place of RCR. That's just funny! Think Childress will mind? Pretty sure Carey and Ricky won't.

There are still some $40 million dollar deals out there for the Super-stars...or so it's said.

I agree with all that you've said.

RCH...funny.
olds cool
2/20/2014 9:48pm
olds cool wrote:
I didn't do the math. I did Google. How many pit crew members does it take to do one pit stop? That article Regis posted said...
I didn't do the math. I did Google. How many pit crew members does it take to do one pit stop? That article Regis posted said it costs 400k a week. Guess what 400k times 52 is....
I guess I missed the PR statement NASCAR put out announcing they expanded the schedule to 52 races per season...

Speaking of pit crews, did you know that back in the day, Wendell Scott used to climb out of his car and change his own tires and refuel during a pitstop? He was a bad mofo. Poor as heck, but a bad mofo. Assuming you meant how many pit crew members go over the wall, let's see...jack man, front tire carrier, front tire changer, rear tire carrier, rear tire changer, gas man. I count six, what about you?
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
2/20/2014 9:50pm
hillbilly wrote:

Regis wrote:
You don't believe that do you? More fans attend 16 rounds of SX than all of the nascar races? How about all the merchandise all over...

Reg, Hillbilly is partially right. Nascar has really dropped back in attendance and popularity from where it was just a few years ago. A lot less people are going to the races compared to then. Now, MX/SX is still no where close to Nascar but the Nascar fad has waned some. I can speak from personal experience at the races. I was told it was high ticket prices and the "Show" aspect for many of the hardcore fans that drove some of them away.

On a side note, I'd like to see a comparison between sprint cars (World of Outlaws) and SX/MX. I love watching sprint cars, stockers, bombers, mods, etc. Don't know what their avg payout is. Could be closer to SX/MX.
kawi216
2/20/2014 11:14pm
Olds cool... I believe vanillaice said average which is pretty damn close. Ya not all teams are on a 20 million budget but the top teams are much higher and the lower teams are lower.... To run a top tier craftsmans truck series team in 2003 2004ish was about 4-5 million. Compared to F1 where you have teams like red bull, Ferrari, and mclaren upwards of 250-300 million a year... We're talking chump change
hartebreak
Fantasy
246th
2/20/2014 11:24pm
wait wait wait. Are we really sitting here comparing the $$ of NASCAR and AMA SX?MX??

Saturday cannot get here fast enough.
Regis
Fantasy
359th
2/21/2014 4:31am Edited Date/Time 2/21/2014 5:36am
Coal Train, my post was in reference to the title of the thread and how last place can make so much money. That money doesn't come from people attending the race. That's what kills me when people want to count SX ticket sales and say the purse is too low. Ticket sales probably barely covers the event costs.

About the attendance?

Actually I did 2 minutes of research. Just that little bit will show that even with nascar attendance declining, there are far more fans at their races than SX and they have 2x as many rounds.

If people can't see why NASCAR pays what they do for purse money and think SX is in the same world they are on another planet.

Yes, I do live in the south and yes EVRYWHERE you turn here it is Nascar. I guarantee you I can find something nascar related in any convenience store, or gas station.

You can't compare our sport to Nascar. Even though they are "motorsports" they are vastly different. Fan demographics are different, coverage is different and more people can relate to racing their cars.

Obviously, my sport of choice is SX/MX but to even comparing budgets and purses between the two is laughable. DO you know how many employees the big teams have full time?

I do understand that Hillbilly was just making a statement and not neccesarily comparing, and he's right..... There sure is a lot of coin for last place!!
braaap
Fantasy
2090th
2/21/2014 5:18am
The bigger issue shouldn't be a comparison of NASCAR/SX but how in the hell did they get so damn big and wealthy?

They started from not much at all. They must have employed some marking gurus.
hasko158
2/21/2014 6:26am Edited Date/Time 2/21/2014 6:27am
Every year when NASCAR kicks off these topics come up. Not even close to comparable. The only thing I think SX can do is team payouts like NASCAR, obviously not for the same money, but same concept. This will at least give back to the teams like Rock River, Motosport Crossland, Peicks team....teams that don't have factory $. But when riders in the 250 class only get paid like $300, don't count on it.
BobPA
2/21/2014 6:39am
hillbilly wrote:

http://www.statisticbrain.com/nascar-racing-statistics/

I love moto as much as anyone but you are delusional if you think nascar is dead

....or you are on a moonshine fishing exedition
usp4u
2/21/2014 7:55am
Some of you think dirt bikes are important to normal people. They aren't.

SX is more comparable to ARCA or World Of Outlaws..
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
2/21/2014 8:03am
I need a raise!
hillbilly
2/21/2014 8:08am
The stands were empty last year and last nite,

NASCAR creating their own stats,yeah,right.

Hell,bristol was half full,i used to triple my money on my 12 tickets,now i buy for less than half from scalpers.

You make shirts for each rider with there sponsors on them and number,sell out of one truck,rider gets a percent.

Next year,if the rider changes,shirt changes,collect them and have your fav riders history in shirts.

Problem?
Shawn142
2/21/2014 8:12am Edited Date/Time 2/21/2014 8:13am
I've posted this before but I'll do it again. Live rain-out coverage of the Daytona 500 with 3 rednecks wasting time talking on camera gets twice the ratings numbers as a live SX race on Saturday night. When the actual race is on the viewers are counted in the 10s of millions. We're lucky to get 500k on NBC broadcasts everyone hates so much.

To compare the payout is pretty silly.

Post a reply to: last place in daytona 500 pays 250k

The Latest