just sold my 2022 CRF450.... (INFLATION TALK)

RPM68
Hey guys,

Wanted to share my experience from start to finish owning a 2022 CRF450R.

I bought my first 450 since 2016, I went Honda because I haven't gotten along with the KTM chassis over the past few years, and no matter what, a honda 450 is always a solid choice.

Here is the thing, im 145 lbs, 5'11", and im a walking stick basically. I still hold a Pro License, so that will help yall evaluate my speed. I am about to be 34, and I aint "Chasing the Dream" as I met my goals as a racer while maintaining a full time job with WPS, but I dont like riding in a "less is more" manner. I just feel like a man when im throwing stuff around, and I couldn't do it on the 450, prolly because of my size and age.

This bike is still a great bike, but I never felt like I could be me on this thing. I had very high quality suspension and put time into testing. I never felt confident this bike was going to do what I told it to, we had multiple days of testing 1 line at TTMX ( www.texastornadomx.com) for consistent results, and still couldnt get fully happy.

After 30 hours on the bike, I just didnt like it, but I dont think its the bikes fault, its me. I am too skinny, im a father, and have folks that rely on me, so I dont care about being the fastest, but I wanna feel proud of myself with how I ride, and a 450 (no matter the brand) cant give me that.

I bought this bike for $10,300 OTD, and just sold it for $9500. Its a fair price, for a solid bike. But I genuinely feel bad for selling this bike for this much, but the thing is, while this market is doing what it does, I dont see anything wrong with dealers marking stuff up if you can keep selling them used at this strong of a price.

Here is a few vids of how I ride, short shifting, 3rd gear starts, and basically an old guy. Hope yall continueto rely on local dealers as they are the backbone of our industry.

and for fun, heres a throwback shredding a YZ250!

|
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
3/9/2022 7:40pm
This is why I love my 350. Feels lighter than a 450 because you don't have that heavy crank inertia feel. The bike wants to lean into corners like a 250. Still has almost the same peak HP as most 450's, just gives up a few lb/ft of torque. I don't care. Not racing for a living.
Phil109
3/9/2022 8:23pm
Nice! What day was that? I was out there last Saturday. Been riding there off and on for the past 15 plus years. Whatever they’ve done to the gp track dirt recently is amazing. Hands down the best I’ve ever seen that track in my time riding there. If I ever see you out there I’ll stop by and say hi.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
3/9/2022 9:38pm
Funny, I just got a 450 for the first time so I can ride like an old man and fully embrace it. I look forward to finally being the goon who can roll the jumps, stand it straight up in the corners but then rocket past people down the straights. Grinning
TJMX947
3/10/2022 12:48pm
RPM68 wrote:
Hey guys, Wanted to share my experience from start to finish owning a 2022 CRF450R. I bought my first 450 since 2016, I went Honda because...
Hey guys,

Wanted to share my experience from start to finish owning a 2022 CRF450R.

I bought my first 450 since 2016, I went Honda because I haven't gotten along with the KTM chassis over the past few years, and no matter what, a honda 450 is always a solid choice.

Here is the thing, im 145 lbs, 5'11", and im a walking stick basically. I still hold a Pro License, so that will help yall evaluate my speed. I am about to be 34, and I aint "Chasing the Dream" as I met my goals as a racer while maintaining a full time job with WPS, but I dont like riding in a "less is more" manner. I just feel like a man when im throwing stuff around, and I couldn't do it on the 450, prolly because of my size and age.

This bike is still a great bike, but I never felt like I could be me on this thing. I had very high quality suspension and put time into testing. I never felt confident this bike was going to do what I told it to, we had multiple days of testing 1 line at TTMX ( www.texastornadomx.com) for consistent results, and still couldnt get fully happy.

After 30 hours on the bike, I just didnt like it, but I dont think its the bikes fault, its me. I am too skinny, im a father, and have folks that rely on me, so I dont care about being the fastest, but I wanna feel proud of myself with how I ride, and a 450 (no matter the brand) cant give me that.

I bought this bike for $10,300 OTD, and just sold it for $9500. Its a fair price, for a solid bike. But I genuinely feel bad for selling this bike for this much, but the thing is, while this market is doing what it does, I dont see anything wrong with dealers marking stuff up if you can keep selling them used at this strong of a price.

Here is a few vids of how I ride, short shifting, 3rd gear starts, and basically an old guy. Hope yall continueto rely on local dealers as they are the backbone of our industry.

and for fun, heres a throwback shredding a YZ250!

Dude - I vividly remember this YZ250 gopro from back in the day. It's legit one of my all time favorite helmet cam videos!!!

The Shop

183Matt
Fantasy
1637th
3/11/2022 3:55am
Dude, about to be 34 is not old.

Post a reply to: just sold my 2022 CRF450.... (INFLATION TALK)

The Latest