josh hill - shoulder

mxracer32
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 2:20pm
Oct 24 2008 11:40AM

Recently we heard a rumor that Team Yamaha's Josh Hill suffered a shoulder injury. Today we did some digging and got confirmation from a reliable source that he did indeed injure his right shoulder while practicing at Milestone MX Park two days ago. The extent of the injury is unclear at this point, as he is awaiting the MRI results.

racerxonline.com
|
TimbuK758
10/24/2008 2:18pm
i hope its not bad...that kid has done a real good job of staying healthy.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/24/2008 3:01pm
If it requires fixing, maybe he can get the two-for-one deal on his wrist, too.

After he raced Southwick and Steel City, he had it checked out and discovered that it had been fractured in that first-turn crash at Millville.
akmx17
10/24/2008 5:07pm
I hope its nothing bad, Josh has became my favorite rider along side J-Law over the past 2 years.....I was really hopin for him to do great things in 09 SX.

The Shop

RanelC10
Fantasy
2073rd
10/24/2008 6:57pm
Just posted on RacerX
Cypress California, –Yamaha Motor Corporation’s factory backed YZ450F rider, Josh Hill was involved in an unfortunate crash while practicing on Wednesday, October 22nd, 2008. Immediately complaining of right shoulder pain, Josh was taken to the doctor for x-rays. While nothing was broken in the crash a MRI the next day revealed a torn Labrum in Josh’s right shoulder.

Surgery is scheduled to be performed on Josh next Tuesday. While it’s too early to tell, the expected recovery time for this type of injury is 2 months.

Josh is optimistic that he will have his #75 2009 YZ450F on the starting line for the start of the 2009 Supercross season at Anaheim on January 3rd.

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/24/2008 7:54pm
I had surgery for a torn labrum. They did a couple other hop-ups afterward, but...that was easily the most painful surgery that I've had. Afterwards I had a pain pump catheter in my shoulder, a muscle stim, an ice chest/shoulder wrap that flowed cold water to it, and lots and lots of vics...and I needed all that stuff.

Then there was the rehab.

My shoulder was so tight afterwards, that it took a few months of three-times-a-week therapy to get it loosened back up, and strong. I wish Josh all the best on it.
10/24/2008 9:59pm
Look forward to seeing him back out there healthy. Sadly it seems he won't be a factor in SX and his MX ........based on this past season put's him out of the top 10.
10/24/2008 9:59pm
GuyB wrote:
I had surgery for a torn labrum. They did a couple other hop-ups afterward, but...that was easily the most painful surgery that I've had. Afterwards I...
I had surgery for a torn labrum. They did a couple other hop-ups afterward, but...that was easily the most painful surgery that I've had. Afterwards I had a pain pump catheter in my shoulder, a muscle stim, an ice chest/shoulder wrap that flowed cold water to it, and lots and lots of vics...and I needed all that stuff.

My shoulder was so tight afterwards, that it took a few months of three-times-a-week therapy to get it loosened back up, and strong. I wish Josh all the best on it.
Howd ya do that Guy? Haulin strobes around?
j100
10/24/2008 10:26pm
that means the factory rig will be parked, because there is no way Hepler will make it to A1 without messing something up.
10/24/2008 10:42pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 8:58pm
Hepler is done with the injuries. Iceman is gonna be top 7 or better SX end of year points.

Top 5 outdoors.
Friday
10/24/2008 11:17pm
GuyB wrote:
I had surgery for a torn labrum. They did a couple other hop-ups afterward, but...that was easily the most painful surgery that I've had. Afterwards I...

Same here Steve.I can't say it was THE most painful of my 17 surgeries,but damn was it painful.
Teddy240
10/24/2008 11:28pm
You guys are scaring me! I have had issues with my right shoulder since October 05. It tends to dislocate then pop back in. Doctor says that the ligments in front of my shoulder are stretched, i am assuming that its like taffy and my shoulder goes out to a certain point, then sucks back in. You guys are saying it is very painful, but I feel it is time to finally go under the knife, since having it give lose 4th gear is not my favorite thing ever.
Friday
10/24/2008 11:32pm
Teddy240 wrote:
You guys are scaring me! I have had issues with my right shoulder since October 05. It tends to dislocate then pop back in. Doctor says...
You guys are scaring me! I have had issues with my right shoulder since October 05. It tends to dislocate then pop back in. Doctor says that the ligments in front of my shoulder are stretched, i am assuming that its like taffy and my shoulder goes out to a certain point, then sucks back in. You guys are saying it is very painful, but I feel it is time to finally go under the knife, since having it give lose 4th gear is not my favorite thing ever.
Gitter done.If it's popping in and out,you are only damaging it worse.You'll get through the pain.Just make sure you do your rehab after surgery religously. Oh,and some insurance won't pay for the pain pump.If not,shell out the extra $125-200 for it yourself.You'll thank me.I had both my shoulders done.Rotator cuff.Dislocated too as well as the labrium. One side I didn't get the "pump".Blink
BobbyM
10/25/2008 6:29am
GuyB wrote:

pessimism is not allowed here sonny.
bogdan912
10/25/2008 7:01am
I have had a torn labrum since october last year, My doctor said she could fix it, but because I have had loose ligaments for my whole life I somewhere learned to contract some muscles and pop my shoulder in and out. She said once you learn to do that the surgery is useless b/c the first time I do it after the surgery it will trash it. I had to do some physical therapy to strengthen the muscles around it, i have no problems with it riding, mostly just everyday activities. A few nights ago I was pushing the mattress away from the wall so I could drop my arm down and popped my shoulder completely out.

Post a reply to: josh hill - shoulder

The Latest