jobs

mlrtym
Edited Date/Time 4/6/2012 11:45am
Where can you find a directory of race teams?
|
4/4/2012 1:26pm
Ducati is hiring in Italy. You'd be better off sweeping floors for them than being a King Dick in the US MX scene right now.

Imagine... your paycheck in Euros, living in Italy. Italian chicks. Getting in good with Valentino. Takin out a little trash, yea. Paddock girls.

Or

getting paid in Buffalo Wild Wings gift certificates, hanging out with muffin top peroxide blondes and being Bogle's friend on facebook if you're lucky. monster girl re-treads. (Diane D, you're like a 7 with an 11 attitude, babydoll muah/smooch)

Think big picture my friend, and good luck.
newmann
4/4/2012 1:32pm
Could always get a job for a race team here in the states as a DJ. Yeah, I said DJ. It's an important part of SX.
4/4/2012 1:36pm
newmann wrote:
Could always get a job for a race team here in the states as a DJ. Yeah, I said DJ. It's an important part of SX.
Funny because it's true.
pete24
4/4/2012 2:12pm
you can be on my race team you can start rite away as an apprentice, you can wash my bike and to filters, and bring my bike to the line, load and unload trailer, in return you will get to meet every vet ridder in new england, lots of shop guys, and go to a few ride days, salary= 0

The Shop

Sully22
4/4/2012 2:38pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2012 2:39pm
http://www.supercrossonline.com/Teams.aspx

I'll save you a little time....and this is in no way meant to be disrespectful, rather a harsh reality of the biz. Unless you know someone and you have experience wrenching...or you are willing to work for free as an "internship" somewhere for a little known outfit with guys that will sometimes make the night show....you're still probably not going to get hired....even if you're willing to work for free.

My advice would be go to MMI, make some connections, network, and then start trying to get on somewhere. Or, find a rich kid that's a midpack A or B amateur, whose parents are going to pick up the tab for years, befriend him, go to work for him, and get to know others in the industry by networking while you're at the races.
4/4/2012 3:34pm
Ducati is hiring in Italy. You'd be better off sweeping floors for them than being a King Dick in the US MX scene right now. Imagine...
Ducati is hiring in Italy. You'd be better off sweeping floors for them than being a King Dick in the US MX scene right now.

Imagine... your paycheck in Euros, living in Italy. Italian chicks. Getting in good with Valentino. Takin out a little trash, yea. Paddock girls.

Or

getting paid in Buffalo Wild Wings gift certificates, hanging out with muffin top peroxide blondes and being Bogle's friend on facebook if you're lucky. monster girl re-treads. (Diane D, you're like a 7 with an 11 attitude, babydoll muah/smooch)

Think big picture my friend, and good luck.
gettin paid in euro's hahaaaa, you best be earning a lot of them sunshine cuz life over here ain't cheap.
onetimepost
4/5/2012 10:16am
Team MotoCross ... I mean Team MotoCrottes (Moto-poop) is hiring in Paris. It is actually to race their Team bike, there is a caveat though, you must stop each time you see a dog poop and pick it up. Yeah, kinda "shitty" job, but at least you ride

BR_HERO
4/5/2012 10:25am Edited Date/Time 4/5/2012 10:26am
n/m
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/5/2012 10:29am
Team MotoCross ... I mean Team MotoCrottes (Moto-poop) is hiring in Paris. It is actually to race their Team bike, there is a caveat though, you...
Team MotoCross ... I mean Team MotoCrottes (Moto-poop) is hiring in Paris. It is actually to race their Team bike, there is a caveat though, you must stop each time you see a dog poop and pick it up. Yeah, kinda "shitty" job, but at least you ride

So what I've gotten out of this thread so far is that TST is as cynical as ever, and that the French guys could pick up poop faster if they rode crottes rockets.
tapkawiman
4/5/2012 10:37am
Sully22 wrote:
http://www.supercrossonline.com/Teams.aspx I'll save you a little time....and this is in no way meant to be disrespectful, rather a harsh reality of the biz. Unless you know...
http://www.supercrossonline.com/Teams.aspx

I'll save you a little time....and this is in no way meant to be disrespectful, rather a harsh reality of the biz. Unless you know someone and you have experience wrenching...or you are willing to work for free as an "internship" somewhere for a little known outfit with guys that will sometimes make the night show....you're still probably not going to get hired....even if you're willing to work for free.

My advice would be go to MMI, make some connections, network, and then start trying to get on somewhere. Or, find a rich kid that's a midpack A or B amateur, whose parents are going to pick up the tab for years, befriend him, go to work for him, and get to know others in the industry by networking while you're at the races.
X2 with Sully22

I have helped a few privateers over the years in SX and MX never been paid, dont know that even had my food paid for just transpertation and passes. And to be a mechanic today you about have to also be a trainer, nutritionalist, coach, and workout partner. You gotta love it to do it.
stillwelding
4/5/2012 12:32pm
GuyB wrote:
So what I've gotten out of this thread so far is that TST is as cynical as ever, and that the French guys could pick up...
So what I've gotten out of this thread so far is that TST is as cynical as ever, and that the French guys could pick up poop faster if they rode crottes rockets.
I guess if Japanese bikes are Crotch Rockets then Euro bikes are Crottes Rockets. Too good GuyB
stangkag
4/5/2012 4:16pm
What exactly are you wanting to do in this industry? There are several jobs that deal with this industry but as youve already seen in this thread its not easy at all to get in and once your here you realize you dont make much $$$. I was making almost 3 times this much working in the oil field hauling hazmat for a large oil company. BUT i wasnt happy there, i was misserable and i absolutely love my job now. You deffinately dont work in MX to make $, you do it for the passion and love of the sport. Just wondering what aspect of this industry your trying to hit and what are your qualifications... Anyways good luck and stay posititve.

Kyle
MR. X
4/5/2012 5:03pm
I would like a job machining one of kind R and D parts for a factory team , i would also like them to outfit my garage with all the cnc machines and tooling to get the job done . Too much ?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/5/2012 5:31pm
Spartacus wrote:
I freaked out and stopped reading when I saw the word "responsibilitys".
That's okay, you failed the spelling test on "responsibilits". Wink
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/5/2012 5:48pm
Jarid332 wrote:
Is there room for my bears?
Yes. At the end.
TeamGreen
4/5/2012 5:51pm
Bwanahahahhabahhahahah...

"Content Mgr"

I'm in!
4/5/2012 8:15pm
GuyB can I telecommute? Smile

What you see at the races isn't the "industry", it's the marketing arm of many companies in the industry. Shenzi and I were just talking about this last weekend. The industry is the vet classes at your local track, kids that just putt around their neighborhood, or *gasp* quads. You want to work in the motorcycle industry? Start at a local shop, get some experience, maybe become an outside sales rep.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/6/2012 10:20am
GuyB wrote:
newmann wrote:
Can I get a contract for one day? And will I get paid at the end of that day or do I have to wait till...
Can I get a contract for one day? And will I get paid at the end of that day or do I have to wait till Friday?

J/K, bad humor.....good seeing you in Houston Gibby!
Our current minimum plan is a four-day plan. Hopefully it doesn't go shorter than that. Wink
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
4/6/2012 11:45am
Jarid332 wrote:
Is there room for my bears?
GuyB wrote:
Yes. At the end.
That atrium looks like a good place for them

Post a reply to: jobs

The Latest