j-law the first to answer the call?

rich72
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:21am
Danny "Magoo" Chandler FULLERTON, CALIF. – On Friday, December 4th, Bob "Hurricane" Hannah was informed that Jason Lawrence wanted to be the first of the new breed of riders to join Hannah's Challenge of raising $100,000 towards Brad Lackey's effort in purchasing a new special needs van for the 1982 Motocross and Trophee des Nations Champion, Danny Chandler.
|
rich72
12/7/2009 7:05pm
where's rc,js cr,jm.remember who carved the path.even if you polished it.it all started somewhere
ebers
Fantasy
250th
12/7/2009 7:07pm
Very cool, its a step in the right direction for the kid and it helps out the cause too!
rich72
12/7/2009 7:15pm
as long as his heart was in the right place.i couldnt agree more.
Short 43
12/7/2009 7:22pm
I support him all the way to the top. He's not a bad kid, he just makes bad decisions.

The Shop

BobbyM
12/7/2009 7:34pm
rich72 wrote:
Danny "Magoo" Chandler FULLERTON, CALIF. – On Friday, December 4th, Bob "Hurricane" Hannah was informed that Jason Lawrence wanted to be the first of the new...
Danny "Magoo" Chandler FULLERTON, CALIF. – On Friday, December 4th, Bob "Hurricane" Hannah was informed that Jason Lawrence wanted to be the first of the new breed of riders to join Hannah's Challenge of raising $100,000 towards Brad Lackey's effort in purchasing a new special needs van for the 1982 Motocross and Trophee des Nations Champion, Danny Chandler.
jlaw is now my new favorite racer!!! right fucking on!!!
Lightning78
12/7/2009 8:25pm
Thats awesome! Way to go! ....Anyone know when he is supposed to be released from the clink?
12/7/2009 8:52pm
http://twitter.com/jlaw338

Serious question, do they get internet access in jail? Because the rumor since September was that he'd be out by December, so maybe is already is and is keeping low key for now.

I think he's always done the right things with his money and charity, not to mention bikes and support for other riders.
The Rock
12/7/2009 9:15pm
http://twitter.com/jlaw338 Serious question, do they get internet access in jail? Because the rumor since September was that he'd be out by December, so maybe is already...

Serious question, do they get internet access in jail? Because the rumor since September was that he'd be out by December, so maybe is already is and is keeping low key for now.

I think he's always done the right things with his money and charity, not to mention bikes and support for other riders.
Next time you look at the Asterik Medical Rig check out the names on the back...you'll be surprised at who is on there...and who isn't!
Spinner
12/7/2009 9:20pm
http://twitter.com/jlaw338 Serious question, do they get internet access in jail? Because the rumor since September was that he'd be out by December, so maybe is already...

The Rock wrote:
Next time you look at the Asterik Medical Rig check out the names on the back...you'll be surprised at who is on there...and who isn't!
So because a rider doesn't have his name on the back of the Asterisk Medical Rig, you think less of them? Who the fuck are you to judge anyone by how they choose to spend THEIR money?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
12/7/2009 9:55pm
Actually, Chuck, I don't know about judging because that seems like a stretch from that comment, but whatever, maybe you;ve got an axe to grind with Rock. The fact is that the A-rig benefits the riders and it's constantly struggling for funding. It exists because of the dedication of a few people who want it to happen. The entire industry, including the riders, need to be funding it more consistently. Props the riders who are on the back of it.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
12/7/2009 9:58pm
BTW, good on Lawrence. People are more complicated than the caricatures people like to run with in gossip mode. Clearly he's done some self-destructive things, things people don"t "approve of," but he's got a decent track record of being generous with time and resources. Hope he gets his career on track. He's a tremendous talent.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
12/7/2009 10:43pm Edited Date/Time 12/7/2009 10:46pm
Well, he's done the Loma Linda Hospital kid's benefit in the past, way before these troubles. Sometimes more that one thing can be true at the same time. Maybe he can both royally screw up and still have a decent bone in his body in other regards. Maybe that's true for all of us to one degree or another, probably not as extreme or scrutinized.

As for the rig, maybe this is out of date, but I think this is what Rock is referring to.
f4ctry
12/7/2009 10:56pm
Is yamaha not nehind the rig?
Lightning78
12/7/2009 11:55pm

The Rock wrote:
Spinner wrote:
So because a rider doesn't have his name on the back of the Asterisk Medical Rig, you think less of them? Who the fuck are you...
So because a rider doesn't have his name on the back of the Asterisk Medical Rig, you think less of them? Who the fuck are you to judge anyone by how they choose to spend THEIR money?
Whoa.........you really took the ball and ran with this one .......WAY TOO FAR!

Spinner take a valum Rock was pointing out that Jason was on there as a contributor, maybe there aren't some more NOTABLE names on there but I doubt it was a shot at all other riders w/o their names on there ....more like this "It's surprising that Jason has donated of all people and there are a lot other names you'd expect to be on there but not Jason's"

He is a good dude regardless of his troubles, I really doubt Rock was taking shots at any rider not on there .....chillax a little there chief!
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
12/8/2009 12:44am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2009 12:46am
Very cool to hear Jason found it in his heart to help Magoo out!
Hopefully some of the other riders will follow suit and help Magoo out also.
Crush
12/8/2009 12:53am
Jason is a good kid I am sure, just needs guidance, and anyone who writes him off should think back to the time that they got a break... I know i've had mine...
Lightning78
12/8/2009 12:55am
FastEddy wrote:
Very cool to hear Jason found it in his heart to help Magoo out! Hopefully some of the other riders will follow suit and help Magoo...
Wouldn't take more than a few "big names" to donate for the cause of a rider that paved the way for ALL them.......... if not then with the tax bracket the top riders are in the tax credit would help a little don't understand why many of these "million dollar riders" ....well they were getting that a couple years ago cannot part with 5k? ....sheesh that's less than the cost of a new bike. I would do it if I had coin like they do....and if for some great miracle I do (i.e. strike it sonewhat rich) in the near future it will be on the top of my list. .....Hell if I won the lottery I'd buy the goddam thing for him straight up.
Rotax
12/8/2009 3:40am
In Spinners defense I read Rocks post as a possible negative towards J-law too. I'm glad it was cleared up because this is a positive thread!

More to the topic, J-law shows some of his character by donating to Magoo's van fund. I would like to say thanks to Jason for helping Magoo.

yota
12/8/2009 4:03am
props to the big guys with the big donations but if only 5,000 dirt bike people put up only 20 bucks each he would have this van. 20 bucks. how many of you guys chiming in here have contributed? pony up men.
Hank_Thrill
12/8/2009 4:54am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2009 4:58am
FastEddy wrote:
Very cool to hear Jason found it in his heart to help Magoo out! Hopefully some of the other riders will follow suit and help Magoo...
It is a great thing he is making the sacrifice, and I respect him for that.
DPW
12/8/2009 5:27am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2009 5:58am
made a new fan...good for Jason!
huck
12/8/2009 5:55am
Actually, Chuck, I don't know about judging because that seems like a stretch from that comment, but whatever, maybe you;ve got an axe to grind with...
Actually, Chuck, I don't know about judging because that seems like a stretch from that comment, but whatever, maybe you;ve got an axe to grind with Rock. The fact is that the A-rig benefits the riders and it's constantly struggling for funding. It exists because of the dedication of a few people who want it to happen. The entire industry, including the riders, need to be funding it more consistently. Props the riders who are on the back of it.
Maybe some riders donate and DON'T want their names on there.
Maybe some riders have given to so many other charities.

Are some people that shallow that feel they need patted on the back for every dollar they give?

I've always found it strange that people will criticize others when they think some aren't "giving enough".

In this case of j-law...I think it's great that he gave, and even a GREATER marketing tool.
G-man
12/8/2009 5:58am
Very cool of jason.
I've never stopped being a J-Law fan, and will continue to be one.
500guy
12/8/2009 6:06am
BTW, good on Lawrence. People are more complicated than the caricatures people like to run with in gossip mode. Clearly he's done some self-destructive things, things...
BTW, good on Lawrence. People are more complicated than the caricatures people like to run with in gossip mode. Clearly he's done some self-destructive things, things people don"t "approve of," but he's got a decent track record of being generous with time and resources. Hope he gets his career on track. He's a tremendous talent.
I can agree with that.

Fingers crossed he gets it together.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/8/2009 6:15am
I was told Jason also had a lot to do with helping to have the Rossi (Ross Maeda support) t-shirts printed.
BobbyM
12/8/2009 6:28am
Thats awesome! Way to go! ....Anyone know when he is supposed to be released from the clink?
ok...after he gets out and to the track he'll be one of my favorite racers. Smile
BobbyM
12/8/2009 6:29am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2009 6:30am
Actually, Chuck, I don't know about judging because that seems like a stretch from that comment, but whatever, maybe you;ve got an axe to grind with...
rock got some pics in racerx and mxa...can't ya tell? hehehe...easy there chuck, damn.

chuck has a point too though, some people do not like there names on anything after giving to charity
ratonmacias
12/8/2009 6:35am
and thats why im a fan of jlaw he is always there for the other riders.
mxr102
12/8/2009 7:12am
J-Law is earning alot of my respect back. Everyone has hard times in there life and make stupid decisions to. I think Jason has a heart of GOLD way more then people realize. I really hope we will get to see a new Jason come January. I know alot of people look up to Jason and he's in the public eye alot. I think that people just need to worry about themselves and not him so much.

Post a reply to: j-law the first to answer the call?

The Latest