its not how life works

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2019 8:13 PM

just stop it man, lime this lime that. by all accounts it looks like feld is stepping up and handling the problem, yet a lot of you think that these 80 riders should be set for life through a law suit. the fact is these guys would race every weekend under these exact same conditions. shit happens some times and we just have to deal with it. if i have worked for a company for multiple yrs with no issues but something comes up should i jump to sue mode or work with them? for all you little butthole people under 25 who think that these racers deserve this huge law suit......thats not how life works. fact is if all these guys walked away feld would replace them 100 to 1 with guys that would race. the promoters would promote these guys as being the best and pretty soon we would all believe it and keep watching. life's not perfect, how you address those imperfection will determine your success.

|

2/5/2019 8:25 PM

Interesting you are addressing only the riders. The KTM kids slipped and slid thru the start straight with a large amount of drying agent. The track workers and flaggers that slopped around for 5 hours along with the pit crews. So you are saying since you worked for a company for many years, when they put you in a dangerous situation, you just shrug your shoulders and walk away? Just so you know, this is coming from someone that is over 60. I guess I don't fit in your target group.

|

2/5/2019 8:39 PM

oldandslow1 wrote:

just stop it man, lime this lime that. by all accounts it looks like feld is stepping up and handling the problem, yet a lot ...more

You're correct that Feld would replace the riders in a heartbeat.

That's sort of what makes a potential lawsuit somewhat justified, I'd say.....

|

2/5/2019 8:44 PM

oldandslow1 wrote:

just stop it man, lime this lime that. by all accounts it looks like feld is stepping up and handling the problem, yet a lot ...more

Please just stfu with this "under 25" bullshit, I'm so sick of hearing that and it's usually from people who don't know jack shit about anything that's not directly under their nose. You know what isn't going to bring you success? Being a pushover who never stands up for what's right and just keeps letting themselves get taken advantage of, unless you define success as making someone else a bunch of money your entire life and never believing you can do better than your current situation. I don't think anyone is trying to get rich quick off this, just make sure the people effected are taken care of and compensated for the damages caused. If I got hurt due to my employers negligence I'm definitely going to work with them and come to a reasonable solution, but I'm sure as hell not going to be a spineless puss and just let them take advantage of me if they chose to do so.

/end anti anti young guy rant

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

2/5/2019 8:54 PM

Everyone calm down. It's not about the riders or feld right now. It's about the laws of the land and the government agency that enforces them. I cant imagine OSHA haven't heard about this incident and they will probably deal with who has to do what.

I would suspect it gets dealt with by workers comp for employees, dont know about the riders as contractors or the kids or guests?

It's a shame all around and thankfully it wasnt worse.... I know I've seen worse in safety films for work. sad

|

2/5/2019 8:58 PM

Photo
|

2/5/2019 9:31 PM

oldandslow1 wrote:

JM485 wrote:

Please just stfu with this "under 25" bullshit, I'm so sick of hearing that and it's usually from people who don't know jack ...more

Couldn't agree more.

All said about OSHA, I'm not a fan of govt entities getting involved but I'd prefer OSHA, dept of health, etc. hand down the penalty & the responsible party is held accountable for their actions, rather than a class action suit where the ones that reap the reward are the law firms instead of the people that really deserve/need it & suffered losses. P.S. fwiw I'm a business owner in his 20s that's all about making as much money as possible, BUT ethics are extremely important.

Without social media I seriously think this probably would have blown over/been covered up & ignored.

|

2/5/2019 9:51 PM

I'm 51 , and am 100% for the rider's and teams being compensated some how. Completely destroyed bikes and burns so bad that they look like 3rd degree! Shit yes Feld needs to take care of these guys! And like Josh above said.....it doesn't have anything to do with be 25yrs old and younger. It has to do with , doing the right thing!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/5/2019 10:04 PM

Why don't we wait for the chips to fall and see what the out come is? It's only Tuesday for F's sake.

|

2/5/2019 10:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2019 10:15 PM

I seriously doubt the lime did much, if any, real structural/mechanical damage to the bikes, and that most of it is cosmetic. If anyone has a photo of a bike that is half eaten away, please post it, and until there is real proof of any damage at all, people are merely assuming or speculating etc.

|

2/5/2019 10:20 PM

Photo
|

2/5/2019 11:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2019 11:12 PM

Photo

I think I'd laugh, hang up. And call up a qualified attorney and then CA OSHA.
|

2/6/2019 5:58 AM

moto348 wrote: Photo

5K for equipment probably isn't too bad.

I'd imagine that there's some discussion behind the scenes about who actually made the call to put down more and more lime. Not sure if the track builders are Feld employees and if they aren't, they may be the ones responsible for building and maintaining the "structure" of the track. They could have made the extra lime decision themselves in order to try to deliver a raceable track, and Feld just relied on their expertise.

5K probably is a good starting point for equipment damage, but if anyone suffers any lasting physical issues then that would be a nonstarter.

|

2/6/2019 6:06 AM

Why do you some of you have such an issue with holding people accountable for their fuck ups?

|

2/6/2019 6:18 AM

greenmx5 wrote:

Why do you some of you have such an issue with holding people accountable for their fuck ups?

Ask.the clason ,stewart, tickle fanboys lol

|

2/6/2019 6:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2019 6:24 AM

APLMAN99 wrote:

5K for equipment probably isn't too bad.

I'd imagine that there's some discussion behind the scenes about who actually made ...more

I'm sure that check from Feld will be stapled to a pretty thorough release of further claims. They are limiting their potential liability.

|

2/6/2019 6:37 AM

greenmx5 wrote:

There's a difference between holding someone accountable for mistakes and screaming for lawsuits and people to be burned on a stake.

Mistakes were made, yes. Feld should address the issues, yes (which they are doing).
People should be sued, NO. People should be fired, NO. Riders are entitled to "enter exorbitant amount of money here", NO.

I have an 'issue' with people always having a black/white opinion on everything.
There is a calm way of dealing with this issue:
1) Owning up to it
2) Assessing the situation case by case

From what I've read Feld is doing just that.

|

*Anyone but Reed or Webb Crew*

2/6/2019 6:42 AM

5k is not addressing the issue in my opinion.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

2/6/2019 7:01 AM

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

2/6/2019 7:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2019 7:03 AM

greenmx5 wrote:

Fearo wrote:

There's a difference between holding someone accountable for mistakes and screaming for lawsuits and people to be burned on a ...more

I'm not saying suing and firing people is the appropriate answer. A middle ground needs to be met. Bikes were destroyed and bodies are damaged due to the negligence of people out of their control. You can't just brush that under the rug. Saying "sorry" and moving on isn't addressing the issue.

|

2/6/2019 7:07 AM

greenmx5 wrote:

I'm not saying suing and firing people is the appropriate answer. A middle ground needs to be met. Bikes were destroyed and ...more

Bikes were destroyed?

|

I was G before the "moto drive" to Vital

2/6/2019 7:13 AM

I'm not a scientist, but is it possible that the aluminum frames that were exposed to lime saturday will have to be replaced? While they may look fine on the suraface once cleaned, will they still be as strong and exhibit the same flex characteristics as before?

|

2/6/2019 7:14 AM

oldandslow1 wrote:

This just proves how old and slow you are...Feld can try and replace the riders but the spectator support would be at an all time low. Which would be a snowball effect throughout our sport which would end in demise for this sport as you know it.

|

2/6/2019 7:21 AM

oldandslow1 wrote:

Photo
|

2/6/2019 7:23 AM

5k? See, this is where all the guys that loved that press release are gonna find out that its not over until its over.

IMO, every rider should get 20k for their bike and having to ride in that limed up mess, plus any medical bills. I would consider that the "low end" of the range they should be cutting checks for. Feld has billions, they CAN afford it no matter the spin they put on it, and they should pony up on this one to keep good faith going forward.

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

2/6/2019 7:24 AM

oldandslow1 wrote:

JM485 wrote:

Please just stfu with this "under 25" bullshit, I'm so sick of hearing that and it's usually from people who don't know jack ...more

moto348 wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

All said about OSHA, I'm not a fan of govt entities getting involved but I'd prefer OSHA, dept of ...more

Get OHSA Involved. Yeah. Right. Enforce their endless, mind numbing requirements.
Do that and the world as we know it will cease to exist.

|

2/6/2019 7:24 AM

There are a lot of people in this world who want something for nothing and will take any chance they get to cash it in.

If the lime affected them and caused injury/pain then by all means they should be compensated for any medical cost and pain/discomfort, nothing more. To think any of these guys would be paid a massive sum through the court system makes me sick. Makes them no better lazy phucks living off the system

|

2/6/2019 7:26 AM

Photo
|

2/6/2019 7:33 AM

KennyT wrote:

There are a lot of people in this world who want something for nothing and will take any chance they get to cash it in.

If ...more

What is pain and discomfort worth though? To say nothing of long term health effects from breathing that crap? Not disagreeing at all, just some questions to ponder.

|

The older I get, the faster I was. Posting without a cast on is fun!

2/6/2019 7:34 AM

JM485 wrote:

moto348 wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

All said about OSHA, I'm not a fan of govt entities getting involved but I'd prefer OSHA, dept of ...more

motogrady wrote:

Get OHSA Involved. Yeah. Right. Enforce their endless, mind numbing requirements.
Do that and the world as we know it will ...more

Ha ha, exactly. Bring OSHA into this and they'll come in and change the sport entirely. Every rider needs a washing station within bla bla feet of the finish line. Why don't these things have air bags and speed limiters? That jump is unnecessarily big... let's stick to rollers.

|