"it's not about the bike"

Killer Customz
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:50pm
Everyone on here is cracking me up with the Alessi/350 crap. Mikey got 5th O/A in the series! I dont care what bike he was on, there was a handful of guys who could beat him on any given day. Look at the results, any guy in the top 15 O/A could have finished 3rd-10th every weekend. It's not the 350, and deep down everyone on here knows it. He got good starts, had great motos and good overalls. Carolli won a World Championship on it, and yes his bike was a 350 too. I'm a huge Alessi fan and personally think he was going threw some personal issues this year. I think his Red Bud crash still haunts him. I think he is mentally frustrated. I think he tries to ride the bike to much like a 450. I really think the 350 suits a 250 style rider more than a 450 guy. A guy like RV or Pourcel who sweep lines and carry momentum would do a lot better than a guy like Alessi who has been SLAMMING into corners all season. The bike IS NOT a 450. It IS as fast as one at speed. I think if Mikey can find his old style, he really could run with RD.

GET YOUR HEAD STRAIGHT MIKEY AND SHOW THEM WHATS UP!
|
wownd out
9/13/2010 5:44pm
If he were on a 450 and pulled holeshots like he used to do on a 450 he would have done alot better i think, he's a rider that was known for holeshotting and leading, not coming through the pack, hell he's too busy lookin over his shoulder!.
wownd out
9/13/2010 5:46pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2010 5:47pm
Oh and how many holeshots did Alessi pull this year? 1? and how many did he pull on the RMZ450? most of them! sorry boys no horsepower no holeshot no win!.
Chris_ONeal
9/13/2010 5:49pm
wownd out wrote:
Oh and how many holeshots did Alessi pull this year? 1? and how many did he pull on the RMZ450? most of them! sorry boys no...
Oh and how many holeshots did Alessi pull this year? 1? and how many did he pull on the RMZ450? most of them! sorry boys no horsepower no holeshot no win!.
Can't argue with that cause those are the facts!

The Shop

RaceFace
9/13/2010 5:50pm
wownd out wrote:
Oh and how many holeshots did Alessi pull this year? 1? and how many did he pull on the RMZ450? most of them! sorry boys no...
Absolutely! Alessi holeshot around 75% of the motos he started in 2008-2009. Look at the races this year and how starts affect results. 5th overall is quite nice for Mike , but he was thinking title this year. So were his boisterous fans. Couldn't have asked for better results personally as I enjoyed watching him fall back through the pack week after week. If he gets on a 450 next year I bet he gets a bunch of holeshots.
bullpen58
9/13/2010 5:53pm
wownd out wrote:
If he were on a 450 and pulled holeshots like he used to do on a 450 he would have done alot better i think, he's...
If he were on a 450 and pulled holeshots like he used to do on a 450 he would have done alot better i think, he's a rider that was known for holeshotting and leading, not coming through the pack, hell he's too busy lookin over his shoulder!.
Very true. He's always been the kind of guy to holeshot and then try to not fade back very far. I don't remember him ever coming up through the pack after a bad start . . . at least not to the front. He may have done so, but it's not common.
cpj36
9/13/2010 5:57pm
Dungey's RMZ is straight out'a the crate. They save money that way, just hit the nearest Suzuki dealer every other round or so.
jesspapp
9/13/2010 6:03pm
wownd out wrote:
If he were on a 450 and pulled holeshots like he used to do on a 450 he would have done alot better i think, he's...
pretty much how I see it....
Rudeboy119
9/13/2010 6:12pm
wownd out wrote:
jesspapp wrote:
pretty much how I see it....
yup, never bring a knife to a gunfight
Killer Customz
9/13/2010 6:29pm
agreed about the holeshots! Yes he pulld them on the RMZ450. I am sure HE wanted a cahmpionship. I am sure KTM wanted a championship. But It's the start at new things for KTM and a building year for Mike and for KTM. The problem is, Dungey, Reed, Metcalfe, Short, Townley, Grant and I'm sure a few others ALL went into this year really thinking the Championship was a real possibility. With RV and JS out, and Dungey being a rookie. Every rider lined up thinking this could be their chance. I was looking threw first turn pics from this season and Alessi is right there in the front of nearly every picture.

Like I said before, the 350 IS NOT a 450! But KTM also knew that if they could start up there, they could corner harder and throw the bike around a little more. Mikey did look like CRAP in the corners this year, but I really think that he'll learn and use the momentum that the 350 needs to go really fast.
cpj36
9/13/2010 6:40pm
agreed about the holeshots! Yes he pulld them on the RMZ450. I am sure HE wanted a cahmpionship. I am sure KTM wanted a championship. But...
agreed about the holeshots! Yes he pulld them on the RMZ450. I am sure HE wanted a cahmpionship. I am sure KTM wanted a championship. But It's the start at new things for KTM and a building year for Mike and for KTM. The problem is, Dungey, Reed, Metcalfe, Short, Townley, Grant and I'm sure a few others ALL went into this year really thinking the Championship was a real possibility. With RV and JS out, and Dungey being a rookie. Every rider lined up thinking this could be their chance. I was looking threw first turn pics from this season and Alessi is right there in the front of nearly every picture.

Like I said before, the 350 IS NOT a 450! But KTM also knew that if they could start up there, they could corner harder and throw the bike around a little more. Mikey did look like CRAP in the corners this year, but I really think that he'll learn and use the momentum that the 350 needs to go really fast.
Mike must have forgot that because he keeps talking about being shut out 10' off the gate, funny thing is all his competitors, other teams and even race promoters agree. I'm sure everyone else is working feverishly on a 350 for the 450 class though.
DrSweden
9/13/2010 6:50pm
Could be the bike, but as long as Mike say it's not the pumpkin, shouldn't we take his word for it? Seems odd if it was the bike and he and his dad all of a sudden kept the complaining to themselves. They used to create a lot of fuzz about equipment being bad, so Is it really likely that they now don't tell?

Maybe we here are not close enough, maybe BoobM and 500thing have heard the real "truth" in the pits? They seem pretty damn determent that it's the bike, why they don't have the balls to hint the truth is beyond me though. Prolly TA, or MA said don't tell anyone I told you, but the bike is shit...

Part of me likes to be outside the industry, part of me don't...
9/13/2010 6:51pm
wownd out wrote:
Can't argue with that cause those are the facts!
Dungey could probably win on a 350 easy with bad starts. Alessi was great on a 450 not because of his raw speed but because of good starts, being super light on a 450 and sprinting the first half of the moto before settling in to a decent pace. That race strategy doesn't carry you through the pack on any size bike. He's just not a passer. Never has been. I don't think growing up he ever got to hone the passing side of his racecraft.
cpj36
9/13/2010 7:40pm
DrSweden wrote:
Could be the bike, but as long as Mike say it's not the pumpkin, shouldn't we take his word for it? Seems odd if it was...
Could be the bike, but as long as Mike say it's not the pumpkin, shouldn't we take his word for it? Seems odd if it was the bike and he and his dad all of a sudden kept the complaining to themselves. They used to create a lot of fuzz about equipment being bad, so Is it really likely that they now don't tell?

Maybe we here are not close enough, maybe BoobM and 500thing have heard the real "truth" in the pits? They seem pretty damn determent that it's the bike, why they don't have the balls to hint the truth is beyond me though. Prolly TA, or MA said don't tell anyone I told you, but the bike is shit...

Part of me likes to be outside the industry, part of me don't...
He did say it's not the bike but in the very same discussion he's also said he's in shape and doing everything he can but getting beat off the gate, what does that leave?

When Tony was asked if they wanted a 450 he said that's up to KTM, not exactly a ringing endorsement.
DJ KC
Fantasy
550th
9/13/2010 8:14pm
cpj36 wrote:
Dungey's RMZ is straight out'a the crate. They save money that way, just hit the nearest Suzuki dealer every other round or so.
o_O! It may have been straight out of the crate, but there is not a lot left on that bike that is production. Who are you trying to kid here?
9/13/2010 10:17pm
cpj36 wrote:
DJ KC wrote:
o_O! It may have been straight out of the crate, but there is not a lot left on that bike that is production. Who are you...
o_O! It may have been straight out of the crate, but there is not a lot left on that bike that is production. Who are you trying to kid here?
even the frame isnt factory as has been pointed out on this website....Silly
RaceFace
9/13/2010 10:31pm
cpj36 wrote:
DJ KC wrote:
o_O! It may have been straight out of the crate, but there is not a lot left on that bike that is production. Who are you...
even the frame isnt factory as has been pointed out on this website....Silly
As good as Dungey is he doesn't win easily with bad starts. He had three bad motos and he was outside the top 5(more like outside the top 10) in all of them off the start. Every other race he has been at least top 5 off the start. Put him on a 350 and watch those starts get worse. Passing on the 350 is not easy either against factory 450s. I think Dungey would do better than Alessi on the KTM 350, but he would have a hard time winning....... unless he was in Europe.
FIREfish148
9/14/2010 3:45am
TheCynic82 wrote:
NO CONFIDENCE, NO HOLESHOT
Yep pretty much how it goes. Who wants to get a holeshot just so they can fade awaay in the spotlight?
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
9/14/2010 3:58am
Clearly you need to see Puluzi on the JGR yzf450 vs Alessi at the second to last round.
The yzf clearly had power everywhere and would pull and incredible amount on the ktm, Mike was riding the tits of the KTM... If he was on a YZF then with JGR tricks on it Alessi would have been challenging for the lead... The KTM 350 is a pile of shit... Most people would be faster on a 250 2stroke.
Ing
9/14/2010 5:38am
motokiwi wrote:
Clearly you need to see Puluzi on the JGR yzf450 vs Alessi at the second to last round. The yzf clearly had power everywhere and would...
Clearly you need to see Puluzi on the JGR yzf450 vs Alessi at the second to last round.
The yzf clearly had power everywhere and would pull and incredible amount on the ktm, Mike was riding the tits of the KTM... If he was on a YZF then with JGR tricks on it Alessi would have been challenging for the lead... The KTM 350 is a pile of shit... Most people would be faster on a 250 2stroke.
Didn't see it. Clearly your not that big of an idiot. Can't see AC winning holeshots and motos in Europe? Same bike. Might be a few differences but it's still a 350. Moron.
cpj36
9/14/2010 6:10am
KTM didn't build the bike for the 450 class, they had a 450 for that and only made the 350 after the class was supposed to be a 350 class.

Why did they wait for a 350cc rule if 350 was better in any way?

If AC rides a 450 at MXDN he's implying the 350 is under powered, if he calls it a 350 and runs good it's even more obvious it's not a 350.

pamoto
9/14/2010 6:35am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2010 6:39am
What is Mike going to say "it's the bike". He's under contract. He says something bad and KTM will sit his ass. The bike was taken away from him in Europe because he was complaining too much. Lesson learned, give constructive criticism and help improve the bike.

I think it's a huge mistake to start with 100cc's less. If it takes someone like a Reed or Pourcel to ride it fast what's the point. Mikes deal has and always will be the "start". That's not going to change. He needs the extra cc's to get the start. Yea i know he pulled a holeshot at Hangtown and had good starts at the GP, big deal. That's what 3 for 26. Pretty crappy results.

My hope is KTM has a full roster of riders and maybe Pourcel rides the 350 and put Alessi on the 450. KTM should realise the 350 can't be for everybody.

Mike said in an interview he wanted to get through the year healthy. No aspirations for the championship. That will be next year. He's really disappointed about this year and I'm sure he was hoping for much better. Next year I hope he is a title contender.

If next year goes like this year I'm afraid that's two years wasted out of his prime that you don't get back.
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
9/14/2010 12:50pm
motokiwi wrote:
Clearly you need to see Puluzi on the JGR yzf450 vs Alessi at the second to last round. The yzf clearly had power everywhere and would...
Ing wrote:
Didn't see it. Clearly your not that big of an idiot. Can't see AC winning holeshots and motos in Europe? Same bike. Might be a few...
Didn't see it. Clearly your not that big of an idiot. Can't see AC winning holeshots and motos in Europe? Same bike. Might be a few differences but it's still a 350. Moron.
Well maybe you should watch the race on allisports archive before you comment. I highly doubt caroli is running a 350... hes sponsored by athena for gods sake... do u know what athena make?
How can a fresh amateur like Paluzi suddenly be competing for a place with Alessi who was leading the field by a good margin last year? It IS about the bike people...
mmcmx
9/14/2010 1:05pm
motokiwi wrote:
Ing wrote:
Didn't see it. Clearly your not that big of an idiot. Can't see AC winning holeshots and motos in Europe? Same bike. Might be a few...
motokiwi wrote:
Well maybe you should watch the race on allisports archive before you comment. I highly doubt caroli is running a 350... hes sponsored by athena for...
Well maybe you should watch the race on allisports archive before you comment. I highly doubt caroli is running a 350... hes sponsored by athena for gods sake... do u know what athena make?
How can a fresh amateur like Paluzi suddenly be competing for a place with Alessi who was leading the field by a good margin last year? It IS about the bike people...
I have motives to think AC is not riding a 350. But it's not an athena mod lol. MIKE has mindpump! that's the problem!
MXJason
9/14/2010 1:36pm
Mikey is not cut out for the 350. Plain and simple! It's him. He looks like crap in genral. He was only up front before because of the start, but now that he starts 5th, he stays there. Thats where he belonged this year anyways. The bike wasnt really meant to win races, it was meant to help the mid pack guy get better results because he cold charge harder and longer. I know KTM wants to win. I dont think you can take a 450 guy and put him on a 350. You need to move a fast 250 guy to the 350. Mikey is a 450 rider yes, but the 350 did not hurt him this year. HE HURT HIMSELF
MXJason
9/14/2010 1:36pm
Mikey is not cut out for the 350. Plain and simple! It's him. He looks like crap in genral. He was only up front before because of the start, but now that he starts 5th, he stays there. Thats where he belonged this year anyways. The bike wasnt really meant to win races, it was meant to help the mid pack guy get better results because he cold charge harder and longer. I know KTM wants to win. I dont think you can take a 450 guy and put him on a 350. You need to move a fast 250 guy to the 350. Mikey is a 450 rider yes, but the 350 did not hurt him this year. HE HURT HIMSELF
MXJason
9/14/2010 1:38pm
MXJason
9/14/2010 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2010 1:50pm

Post a reply to: "it's not about the bike"

The Latest