is j.stewart that broke or cheap....

zippy895
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 7:55pm
wouldn't Yamaha or l&m give him a win per round heafty bonu$?and wouldn't Yamaha or l&m supply him with bikes and transportation?and would his gear,etc. sponsors give him bonu$ for wins,etc.
so whats his gripe not going out there and give it a shot.so he wont make the big $ contract deal,but if its a win bonus $ thing,i'm sure he will do fine financially.
|
DownSouth
5/10/2009 2:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:51pm
He does not want to race the outdoors, that is why he has been using the "I don't have a choice my team is SX only" explanation all year. He knew exactly what his intentions were when he signed with L&M.

James may run a round or two to try and keep some fans happy but no way does he run the whole series.

Stewart is the most powerful rider in the sport if he wanted to race the nationals he would have it all ready to go.
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
5/10/2009 3:02pm
I thought it was said he made $10M for the SX season. That said, is it money that is inspiring him to race the outdoors or self motivation? Add potential injury, travel away from his family and loved ones, what would you do? The guy hasn't been home for any length of time in a while. Let him be himself for a spell.
zippy895
5/10/2009 3:03pm
maybe he has second thoughts. he could be thinking that r.v. may get into a groove by the end of the season and give j.s. a much closer challenge in sx next season than reed has been giving him.im sure j.s. would have more confidence if he could race outdoors this summer than not.
500guy
5/10/2009 3:03pm
I don't know if anyone has checked the papers lately but this is not a good time to be expecting the kind of money it would take to get him out there.

The Shop

zippy895
5/10/2009 3:04pm
he was home during his knee rehab.he is going to get a bit bored if you ask me.
kwhite199
5/10/2009 3:07pm
zippy895 wrote:
maybe he has second thoughts. he could be thinking that r.v. may get into a groove by the end of the season and give j.s. a...
maybe he has second thoughts. he could be thinking that r.v. may get into a groove by the end of the season and give j.s. a much closer challenge in sx next season than reed has been giving him.im sure j.s. would have more confidence if he could race outdoors this summer than not.
How much closer can you get than 4 points? You talk like James Stewart had a cake walk in the SX series this year.
zippy895
5/10/2009 3:14pm
im talking about speed more than points
zippy895
5/10/2009 3:18pm
ok i get it. if he races with no factory contract...then the factories will realize these top racers /champions will race on there own dime.....next contract negotiations are weaker.
well then that would let riders race any color bike and graphics or no graphics at all.
MX479Guy
5/10/2009 3:24pm
I personally feel that if James wanted to race the outdoors he could. It's ultimately his choice to race or not.

The couple of rounds he does race, if he doesn't bring his A game he might be in for a surprise. Their are some very inspired young racers looking for their piece of the pie this year.

Racing is very taxing, but it's not like he is driving to all the races. he fly's in, hangs out in a 100K dollar motor home, races 2 motos.

If he's not racing the entire season, then it should be fun for him, with minimal pressure.

Tom.
KMC440
5/10/2009 4:36pm
Stewie doesn't want to go outdoor racing, would you if your contract said..... "take summer off, troll for hotties and check out friends(#4) turn left gig."

Reality calling here.
ktmdan
5/10/2009 4:38pm
zippy895 wrote:
wouldn't Yamaha or l&m give him a win per round heafty bonu$?and wouldn't Yamaha or l&m supply him with bikes and transportation?and would his gear,etc. sponsors...
wouldn't Yamaha or l&m give him a win per round heafty bonu$?and wouldn't Yamaha or l&m supply him with bikes and transportation?and would his gear,etc. sponsors give him bonu$ for wins,etc.
so whats his gripe not going out there and give it a shot.so he wont make the big $ contract deal,but if its a win bonus $ thing,i'm sure he will do fine financially.
Do you have any idea how much money it would cost to take him to every national? Flights, bikes, big rigs, just to name a FEW. Get a F***in clue, I seriously doubt the team wants to do it.
suzrider982
5/10/2009 4:46pm
Didnt chad have the option to ride under the factory tent for outdoors if he wan ted to when he rode for l and m? does james have that option?
ChrisB
5/10/2009 4:56pm
KMC440 wrote:
Stewie doesn't want to go outdoor racing, would you if your contract said..... "take summer off, troll for hotties and check out friends(#4) turn left gig."...
Stewie doesn't want to go outdoor racing, would you if your contract said..... "take summer off, troll for hotties and check out friends(#4) turn left gig."

Reality calling here.
Please don't compare James to RC.

RC broke just about every record there is and then retired.

James... didn't.... and never will at this pace.

But he will have lots of money... too bad he lost his desire somewhere along the way.

mxtryon231
5/10/2009 4:57pm
Money is not a worry in James' mind.. He has raced every summer since he was 5. He has nothing left to prove....and deserves a vacation!
Farva
5/10/2009 5:06pm
People have this odd fantasy that the nationals are fun to do.

There not.
Big Lenny
5/10/2009 5:25pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2009 5:25pm
KMC440 wrote:
Stewie doesn't want to go outdoor racing, would you if your contract said..... "take summer off, troll for hotties and check out friends(#4) turn left gig."...

Reality calling here.
ChrisB wrote:
Please don't compare James to RC. RC broke just about every record there is and then retired. James... didn't.... and never will at this pace. But...
Please don't compare James to RC.

RC broke just about every record there is and then retired.

James... didn't.... and never will at this pace.

But he will have lots of money... too bad he lost his desire somewhere along the way.

Kid just raced a hell of a season, get off his "neck" Mr. Charlie...
Wolfman
5/10/2009 5:35pm
Big Lenny wrote:
Kid just raced a hell of a season, get off his "neck" Mr. Charlie...
Isnt that some kind of a racial slur?
MX479Guy
5/10/2009 5:38pm
Farva wrote:

There not.
Although i agree with you it's hardly roughing it. Flying a private jet in, relaxing in a 100K motor home, and signing autographs isn't that bad.

It's not that team can't afford to go to the nationals, it's that the standards that the top guys have come to expect is very expensive. The amenities these teams have these days is quite astonishing.

Tom
5/10/2009 6:22pm
DownSouth wrote:
He does not want to race the outdoors, that is why he has been using the "I don't have a choice my team is SX only"...
He does not want to race the outdoors, that is why he has been using the "I don't have a choice my team is SX only" explanation all year. He knew exactly what his intentions were when he signed with L&M.

James may run a round or two to try and keep some fans happy but no way does he run the whole series.

Stewart is the most powerful rider in the sport if he wanted to race the nationals he would have it all ready to go.
And you know this...how?

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/10/2009 6:25pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2009 6:29pm
Farva wrote:

There not.
Damn...which college was it that you're supposed to be going to?

Here's a quick multiple choice quiz.

In the message quoted above, should the correct word be:

A. Their.

B. There.

C. They're.
Farva
5/10/2009 6:28pm
Farva wrote:

There not.
GuyB wrote:
Damn...which college was it that you're supposed to be going to?Here's a quick multiple choice quiz. In the message quoted above, should the correct word be:A...

A. Their.

B. There.

C. They're.
NMSU
5/10/2009 6:32pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2009 6:33pm
GuyB wrote:
Damn...which college was it that you're supposed to be going to?Here's a quick multiple choice quiz. In the message quoted above, should the correct word be:A...

A. Their.

B. There.

C. They're.
C! I caught that right away and I am a total grammar dude. Your right, GuyB! Wink
Farva
5/10/2009 6:33pm
Farva wrote:

There not.
GuyB wrote:

A. Their.

B. There.

C. They're.
Nice edit.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/10/2009 6:33pm
Edit?
Farva
5/10/2009 6:36pm
GuyB wrote:
Edit?
It originally only said

Edited Date/Time:

6 minutes ago
500guy
5/10/2009 6:36pm
GuyB wrote:
Edit?
Their ya go again.

ps I know I used the wrong one so don't edit it please
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/10/2009 6:38pm
Ah, gotcha. I thought you meant I edited your message. I frequently edit my own. Nothing new there.
Farva
5/10/2009 6:40pm
zippy895 wrote:
wouldn't Yamaha or l&m give him a win per round heafty bonu$?and wouldn't Yamaha or l&m supply him with bikes and transportation?and would his gear,etc. sponsors...
No mistakes in anything you write from now on...
KMC440
5/10/2009 6:53pm
Listen street bike guy.... like I said...

If any one here had a contract that said.... (and I quote)

"16 race supercross season" and nothing else

everyone of you bitches would do just that, balls or not.... it's the one who get's paid is the one who.... gets to have fun allllll summer.... seems to me more than one other rider had this type of contract. So the fruits of ones labor must taste pretty sweet right about now. WHOMEVER the contract is for.

Post a reply to: is j.stewart that broke or cheap....

The Latest