all the record talk..

bama205
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2014 4:42pm
James vs Chad- ALL TIME WIN LIST

is it me or does all the record talk have you thinking what the real record question should be.

Not who will beat RC or MC, but who will either win enough in a short time, or stay in it long enough?

A few years back James was absolutely looking like he would dominate for years to come. Chad Reed was sort of left behind, his real chance at winning a title simply existed in his consistency.

A new question has come to fruition; who will have more wins, Chad Reed or James Stewart?
|
SethCo117
1/21/2014 12:25pm
Huh?

Thanks for making my state look a little better buddy!
bama205
1/21/2014 8:09pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2014 8:10pm
think about it, who will have more wins upon retirement, Chad Reed or his rival, James Stewart?

3 years ago i would have said bubba. now im not so sure.
nytsmaC
1/21/2014 8:19pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2014 8:19pm
Is it just me, or are all of the is it just me threads getting rediculous?
bents
Fantasy
909th
1/21/2014 8:41pm
Interesting question. I'll bite. Reed!

The Shop

1/21/2014 8:49pm
Stewart . chad road great this weekend but I don't c him winning more than stewart.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
1/21/2014 8:55pm
Chad Reed had 18 wins before Stewart went to the 250's and most of Reed's wins came when Stewart wasn't racing. So without question Stewart.
Crush
1/21/2014 8:59pm
Park Boys wrote:
Chad Reed had 18 wins before Stewart went to the 250's and most of Reed's wins came when Stewart wasn't racing. So without question Stewart.
Not to start a shit fight, but you could probably have the same argument that most of Chad's were when RC was there, i'm guessing 37... I'm also guessing most of Stewart's would be when RC wasn't there ie 2007 (partial) on...
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
1/21/2014 9:02pm
Park Boys wrote:
Crush wrote:
Not to start a shit fight, but you could probably have the same argument that most of Chad's were when RC was there, i'm guessing 37...
Not to start a shit fight, but you could probably have the same argument that most of Chad's were when RC was there, i'm guessing 37... I'm also guessing most of Stewart's would be when RC wasn't there ie 2007 (partial) on...
I just posted in another thread that when JS,RC and Reed were on the line James won 16 of em, RC 8 and Reed 4.
kongols
1/21/2014 9:04pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2014 9:05pm
Park Boys wrote:
Crush wrote:
Not to start a shit fight, but you could probably have the same argument that most of Chad's were when RC was there, i'm guessing 37...
You`re so full of shit. Stewart won 8 (half of all the races) in 2006 with RC and Reed present. RC had 6 and Reed 2
Crush
1/21/2014 9:04pm
So that's the last few races of 05 plus A1... 06 complete... Some of 07? 28 races? Surprised it's that much all 3 did!
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
1/21/2014 9:06pm
Crush wrote:
So that's the last few races of 05 plus A1... 06 complete... Some of 07? 28 races? Surprised it's that much all 3 did!
I think the four stroke at first hurt Chad, I feel he was the last one of those three to fully adapt to the bikes. Obviously he was miles ahead of everyone else.
Crush
1/21/2014 9:07pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2014 9:09pm
Park Boys wrote:
Crush wrote:
kongols wrote:
You`re so full of shit. Stewart won 8 (half of all the races) in 2006 with RC and Reed present. RC had 6 and Reed 2
No I said Reed would probably have most of his wins when RC was there same as James has more over Reed...

Obviously 37 definitely isn't right because of 04 and 08... But 03/05/06...

I Stand corrected... but calm the fuck down! I didn't say Stewy didn't beat Reed! Sheesh
Crush
1/21/2014 9:09pm
Crush wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
I think the four stroke at first hurt Chad, I feel he was the last one of those three to fully adapt to the bikes. Obviously...
I think the four stroke at first hurt Chad, I feel he was the last one of those three to fully adapt to the bikes. Obviously he was miles ahead of everyone else.
Yeah he definitely did.

I also think he made some poor choices those years... He didn't get the money offer from Suzuki for 05 that he wanted and stayed blue... That hurt him that year with that frame and the subsequent years with the blue fourstroke pig like you said.

He started looking ok in 08 but definitely wasn't working that hard that year... 09 was the first time I thought he looked like he could ride a 4 stroke like he did his 2 stroke.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
1/21/2014 9:10pm
Crush wrote:
kongols wrote:
Crush wrote:
No I said Reed would probably have most of his wins when RC was there same as James has more over Reed... Obviously 37 definitely isn't...
No I said Reed would probably have most of his wins when RC was there same as James has more over Reed...

Obviously 37 definitely isn't right because of 04 and 08... But 03/05/06...

I Stand corrected... but calm the fuck down! I didn't say Stewy didn't beat Reed! Sheesh
Reed did beat RC at will it seemed like at the end of 03. Which in my opinion means Reed needs more respect for his 04 title. Reed beat RC more times in a row in SX than anyone after 01.
Crush
1/21/2014 9:13pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2014 9:16pm
Park Boys wrote:
Reed did beat RC at will it seemed like at the end of 03. Which in my opinion means Reed needs more respect for his 04...
Reed did beat RC at will it seemed like at the end of 03. Which in my opinion means Reed needs more respect for his 04 title. Reed beat RC more times in a row in SX than anyone after 01.
Yeah, nothing had changed heading into 04... I do think Reed would have won that regardless, the end of 03 and the USOpen he was doing it easy, and RC's honda looked HORRIBLE.

But they swapped in 05, Reed/DV/Ferry have all said that the 05 Yamaha frame was horrible, couldn't feel a thing. Also Goerke went up into the stands and watching Chad get passed in every flat turn was pretty depressing.
bama205
1/22/2014 11:52am
but what if chad decides he will race a while. Stew is his rival. If he puts in a year or two more than james, or james misses a lot due to injury, he could easily beat him.

whats the official win count for the two of them?

all the dominating james has done, and how many more championships does he have? :-)
Crush
1/22/2014 12:11pm
I think James has 44 or 45? but he's only 27.... Conceivably he's got 5 years... He'd need to stop hitting the ground tho it could be done.
peelout
1/22/2014 12:16pm
Park Boys wrote:
Crush wrote:
since we're bringing RC into it...

i'll bet Reed has beat RC more in supercross than Stewart has beat RC in supercross.

Reed had RC's number on 2-strokes in SX.

to the OP question, i'll say Reed out of those two. but i think RV will eclipse them both (or all 3 including RC) before he's done.
newmann
1/22/2014 12:24pm
RC had a knack of staying on the bike. That always seemed to help his cause. When he did fall off, he had a knack of getting back on the bike. That always seemed to help his cause as well. Wink

Stewart? How many times has he hit the dirt and just walked away? Leaving the bike where it landed....

When Dungey's bike has shit the bed, I've always seen him showing respect to his employer and entire team by pushing the bike back to the pits. Just a little off topic trivia there....LOL
kongols
1/22/2014 12:28pm
newmann wrote:
RC had a knack of staying on the bike. That always seemed to help his cause. When he did fall off, he had a knack of...
RC had a knack of staying on the bike. That always seemed to help his cause. When he did fall off, he had a knack of getting back on the bike. That always seemed to help his cause as well. Wink

Stewart? How many times has he hit the dirt and just walked away? Leaving the bike where it landed....

When Dungey's bike has shit the bed, I've always seen him showing respect to his employer and entire team by pushing the bike back to the pits. Just a little off topic trivia there....LOL
How many times?
JW381
1/22/2014 12:32pm
Park Boys wrote:
Crush wrote:
peelout wrote:
since we're bringing RC into it... i'll bet Reed has beat RC more in supercross than Stewart has beat RC in supercross. Reed had RC's number...
since we're bringing RC into it...

i'll bet Reed has beat RC more in supercross than Stewart has beat RC in supercross.

Reed had RC's number on 2-strokes in SX.

to the OP question, i'll say Reed out of those two. but i think RV will eclipse them both (or all 3 including RC) before he's done.
I'll play along I guess.

Here's how I remember it. Like Crush said, end of '03 Reed had the 2-stroke dialed and was beating RC whenever he wanted. '05 they were all still on 2-strokes tho and the '05 YZ chasis is the same as it is now, no? And in '05 Chad beat Ricky in his own domain (Daytona). James had the speed to beat them both anytime he could keep it on two wheels, but that was, what, 50% of the time?

The stats are out there, someone needs to dig em up haha. Reed vs. RC vs. James, Reed vs. RC, Reed vs. James, James vs. RC.

In the end I think James will have more career wins just because I don't see Chad racing after this season. I think he'll go out with a bang then try to field a rider for his team's future.

And yeah Peely you're probably right, RV will be 2nd all time when he hangs em up.
peelout
1/22/2014 12:33pm
newmann wrote:
RC had a knack of staying on the bike. That always seemed to help his cause. When he did fall off, he had a knack of...

kongols wrote:
How many times?
answering a question with the same question?

nice going numb nuts
bama205
1/22/2014 12:37pm
newmann wrote:

bama205
1/22/2014 4:42pm
Chad has seemed to be done several times.

He keeps coming back to old form.

Stewart, until this season has seemed to be on a downward slope.

Here's hoping they both do well this season.

Post a reply to: all the record talk..

The Latest