ione sands mx

Related:
Create New Tag

3/4/2018 5:17 PM

was wondering what was going on with this facility, looks like they ran into some legal issues which seems to be the norm for any new places around here in norcal...

http://www.ledger.news/news/local_news/motocross-facility-draws-noise-complaints/article_52db8b20-db98-11e7-b411-c3917925d7f8.html

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

3/4/2018 6:33 PM

That definitely sucks. As you know, Diablo Ranch MX (formerly Sand Hill Ranch) faced an up hill battle when neighbors made complaints to the county about excessive noise. Took years, a bunch of $$$, and a lot of mx community support to come out victorious. As for Ione Sands? Maybe the riders that rode the track by invitation only will step up. Hmmm.

|

3/4/2018 8:34 PM

sparker245 wrote:

That definitely sucks. As you know, Diablo Ranch MX (formerly Sand Hill Ranch) faced an up hill battle when neighbors made complaints to the county about excessive noise. Took years, a bunch of $$$, and a lot of mx community support to come out victorious. As for Ione Sands? Maybe the riders that rode the track by invitation only will step up. Hmmm.

I'm still trying to figure this place out. I was all excited and sent in a membership "application", and then the prices I got were just astronomical. If they're doing it like a training facility, which it seems like it is, then I guess it's not out of line but for a regular guy it just wasn't happening. As far as I was told it was members only, or you could pay a one time fee for the year and then pay $40 every time you rode, rather than do a monthly membership. Then every week I see a post from them on IG saying "so and so out here riding on their way to ______", or "so and so dropped by to visit". So what the hell is it, can you go out there and ride for the day or is that privilege only reserved to "big name" amateurs or some other crap like that?

I'm really not trying to me an ass, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way to be honest. I hope they get their issues worked out though, that place looked absolutely amazing and I would hate for it to fall through, it looks like a great place for guys who are serious about racing to work their way up in skill.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

3/4/2018 8:38 PM

Rode there a few months back.
Great tracks, real sand & some great hill jumps, too.

It’s a good track for the Sacramento/northern-central valley folks.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

3/4/2018 8:55 PM

JM485 wrote:

I'm still trying to figure this place out. I was all excited and sent in a membership "application", and then the prices I got were just astronomical. If they're doing it like a training facility, which it seems like it is, then I guess it's not out of line but for a regular guy it just wasn't happening. As far as I was told it was members only, or you could pay a one time fee for the year and then pay $40 every time you rode, rather than do a monthly membership. Then every week I see a post from them on IG saying "so and so out here riding on their way to ______", or "so and so dropped by to visit". So what the hell is it, can you go out there and ride for the day or is that privilege only reserved to "big name" amateurs or some other crap like that?

I'm really not trying to me an ass, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way to be honest. I hope they get their issues worked out though, that place looked absolutely amazing and I would hate for it to fall through, it looks like a great place for guys who are serious about racing to work their way up in skill.

Lots of NorCal riders (potential customers) would agree. Good track building skills, but lacking in marketing and customer relations. Hopefully it all works out.

|

3/4/2018 9:06 PM

sparker245 wrote:

Lots of NorCal riders (potential customers) would agree. Good track building skills, but lacking in marketing and customer relations. Hopefully it all works out.

Glad I'm not the only one, I've been hesitant to bring it up because I figured I'd get ripped apart but I had a hard time believing I was the only one who felt that way. The idea of finally being able to ride a real supercross track was really exciting to me, guess that dream is dead.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

3/4/2018 10:33 PM

sparker245 wrote:

JM485 wrote:

as i understood, it was setup to try it out then buy into the membership. but it seems it was really geared towards being a west coast mtf or goat farm

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

3/5/2018 12:58 AM

OK let me fill you guys in on what I know about what’s going on with Ione Sands Mx ..... I have a couple of cousins or more like my dad‘s cousins that have spent their entire careers working at US Mines which is the MASSIVE mine/facility that the track(s) are built on .... btw there is a full-on-ron professional level Supercross track on the property as well, you can see it from but were all pretty close. I just saw them salami and sausage we made over thousand pounds and it is incredible just a little tangent tidbit I want to throw in there.

Anyway we're Italian so a cousin is a cousin regardless of it's my dad's cousin or mine lol ..... My Dad had mentioned that 2 of my cousins that were gonna be helping make the salami had insight into the track and it's current status as I was going to ask him for a "favor" to get me in with the owners of the track ......

In talking with them they told me Ione Sands was currently shut down thanks to a goddam NOISE COMPLAINT!!! Now I grew up around the area somewhat and know for almost dam sure there isn't a house within an earshot of the track because if there WAS after umpteen YEARS of ringing super heavy duty equipmemt at the US Mine facility surely they would've had some backlash for noise issues ....yet all of a sudden a dirtbike track track is opened for a couple months and the noise from dirtbikes being ridden during the day is UNBEARABLE for the poor bastard that complained? Smeels like hot garbage bullshit to me.....anyway the last I heard just the other day was that Ione Sands was trying to reopen with the possibility of opening to the public at some point ... I'm going to keep in touch much more with my cousins I see both of them quite a bit now that I've moved back to Norcal and we hunt at the same hunting club so any new info I get will be passed along to this thread or just posted on vital as I know more.

Anyone of you guys in the Norcal area that live close to Ione ever heard of a small ass town called Linden? That's where I'm at and I've been DYING to ride some Moto ...some kid with the last name "Evans" (not one punch lol) had his dad build a sweeeeet looking track right off hwy26 about 4 miles from where I'm at and the track isn't being used anymore it's overgrown with weeds and I wish I could find a track like that or Ione closer than 75 miles from where I'm at ....all the tracks up here are charging 30 goddam dollars to ride practice now??? That's absurd!!! If I have to I'll start driving to Club Moto or Hamgtown to Marysville ...all of which are so far but I'll do what I have to it's just expensive for gas and a $30 entry multiple times a month but if someone has a track to ride a wee bit more local I'd be more than happy to help with track upkeep and whatnot to have a good track to ride.

Here's a pretty funny pic I took of the 1,000lbs of Salami hanging in one of my other cousins basement the day we hung it back on Jamuary 13th ....just finished tagging and bagging it yesterday ?

|

3/5/2018 1:02 AM

Photo

|

3/5/2018 1:03 AM

One more....

Photo

|

3/5/2018 1:05 AM

sparker245 wrote:

JM485 wrote:

Phillip_Lamb wrote:

as i understood, it was setup to try it out then buy into the membership. but it seems it was really geared towards being a west coast mtf or goat farm

I'm assuming this is the Norcal facility that Dustin Pipes team rides SX at?

|