impressed by the Ktm engines in RBSR

Related:
Create New Tag

10/21/2018 11:11 AM

those ktm engines sounded so good out there and by the sound of it they revved really high, especially tld´s bikes they almost sounded like 125`s in the air when the revved out. I would like the see if ML512 or someone could get some more info about the engines but on Shanes instagram he posted a video before the event on an 310cc engine.
Photo

|

10/21/2018 12:46 PM

I noticed Dungey's pumpkin significantly out pulled RV's YZ off the line and on the drag race to the first obstacle in both races. Also noticed the Alta seemed to be under powered big time next to the full race 250t's

|

10/21/2018 12:49 PM

plynn41 wrote:

I noticed Dungey's pumpkin significantly out pulled RV's YZ off the line and on the drag race to the first obstacle in both races. Also noticed the Alta seemed to be under powered big time next to the full race 250t's

I find that hard to believe about the Alta considering how many people have said that map 4 feels like a built 450. Think it was the rider

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/21/2018 12:52 PM

plynn41 wrote:

RV's engine hasn't had much development since 2002 unlike KTM who still do R&D on 2 strokes. That surely accounts for something.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/21/2018 1:04 PM

Dungey was FAST through the first 1/4-1/3 of the course. Don't know if it was motor, or technique. Probably both.

|

10/21/2018 1:14 PM

All I know is those TLD ktms sounded like no other. Abosolutly screaming. I want that.

|

10/21/2018 1:32 PM

They didnt get the nickname “Keep The Motor” for nothing.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

10/21/2018 1:36 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I find that hard to believe about the Alta considering how many people have said that map 4 feels like a built 450. Think it was the rider

Just one word: lol.
We all know everything that's written on forums is true.

|

10/21/2018 1:49 PM

I shot sone video with Dungey’s mechanic Carlos and Matt from TLD, they both said the bikes were stock. Besides pipe and silencer.

I’m on your side and not sure I believe that. But video coming soon...

|

10/21/2018 2:05 PM

The sound and obvious power of those ktms made me wonder. Since 250 two strokes aren't used by the factory guys anymore, does ktm even do race engine development and testing for the 250sx? Seems like they do.

|

10/21/2018 2:14 PM

Pigspit wrote:

The sound and obvious power of those ktms made me wonder. Since 250 two strokes aren't used by the factory guys anymore, does ktm even do race engine development and testing for the 250sx? Seems like they do.

Offroad teams do

|

10/21/2018 2:26 PM

Gotta say the TLD guy's were on it last night, and their bikes were amazing, and Dungey was fast as shit all night he really impressed me.
I think my favorite battle was Villopoto vs Grant

|

10/21/2018 3:49 PM

resetjet wrote:

They didnt get the nickname “Keep The Motor” for nothing.

Sadly, “Kick ‘til Monday” is no longer a viable term.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

10/21/2018 6:23 PM

My son races a 2018 KTM 125 in school boy 1. The thing is a rocket with minor changes. Added the V-force reed block and swapped out pipe and silencer. Dead nuts reliable and super quick! Build quality is great. My ONLY complaint about KTM is their fasteners are junk compared to the Japanese bikes. After taking parts off once or twice they start to rust, making the bike look junky and worn. Being anal about cleanliness, it drives me crazy! I spend a small fortune buying the Bolt kits to keep the whole bike looking new.....

|

"Hope is not a strategy"

10/21/2018 6:47 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

I shot sone video with Dungey’s mechanic Carlos and Matt from TLD, they both said the bikes were stock. Besides pipe and silencer.

Haha......Joe , pretty sure they were giving you some bullshit! Those factory built 250's we're Freakin' rocket's. I don't think there was one square mm inside those motors that weren't massaged in some way , shape or form. I know RV's bike was built about as extreme as you could possibly do , and those KTM's were stronger than that. And......the sound!! No stock 250 on planet Earth sounds like that.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/21/2018 6:49 PM

I assume they were ok to run race gas too.,,

|

10/21/2018 7:26 PM

plynn41 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Map 4 is definitely not like a built 450, maybe a stock one at best. However, on a regular track not having to shift or cover the clutch is worth it's weight in gold and I think that's why it's so easy to go fast on.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

10/21/2018 7:38 PM

I can tell you they weren't running the manuals recommended 50-60:1

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

10/21/2018 7:42 PM

plynn41 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

JM485 wrote:

Map 4 is definitely not like a built 450, maybe a stock one at best. However, on a regular track not having to shift or cover the clutch is worth it's weight in gold and I think that's why it's so easy to go fast on.

No idea, but I really thought he would blast out of the box like a rocket. Nothing doing on any gate drop.

|

10/21/2018 7:50 PM

Moto96 wrote:

Who needs oil when you have leaded gas right???

|

10/21/2018 7:56 PM

Moto96 wrote:

Pigspit wrote:

Other direction.

|

10/21/2018 8:35 PM

plynn41 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

JM485 wrote:

I should have been more clear with the sarcasm.

But I know you’ve ridden both an Alta and 250 smoker. How do the two compare?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/21/2018 10:42 PM

They look good, those two stroke 300's rip

|

10/21/2018 10:56 PM

Moto96 wrote:

Pigspit wrote:

Moto96 wrote:

Other direction.

DOH. Btw, anyone know what fuel they ran?

|

10/21/2018 11:06 PM

Really looking forward to the pit bits!!cool

|

10/22/2018 12:28 AM

piscokid wrote:

My son races a 2018 KTM 125 in school boy 1. The thing is a rocket with minor changes. Added the V-force reed block and swapped out pipe and silencer. Dead nuts reliable and super quick! Build quality is great. My ONLY complaint about KTM is their fasteners are junk compared to the Japanese bikes. After taking parts off once or twice they start to rust, making the bike look junky and worn. Being anal about cleanliness, it drives me crazy! I spend a small fortune buying the Bolt kits to keep the whole bike looking new.....

Spend $40 and some time and the bike look completely different. Photo

|

10/22/2018 1:27 AM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

Haha......Joe , pretty sure they were giving you some bullshit! Those factory built 250's we're Freakin' rocket's. I don't think there was one square mm inside those motors that weren't massaged in some way , shape or form. I know RV's bike was built about as extreme as you could possibly do , and those KTM's were stronger than that. And......the sound!! No stock 250 on planet Earth sounds like that.

Conspiracy theories....
Why would they risk their reputation by lying about something like that? They could just say we don't know or smile and say no comments.

KTM US does not have race engines for 250 2t for mx and sx (enduro or gncc is not the same, totally different charisterics you want out of an engine). And if you start altering it you will have tons of work with jetting.

|

10/22/2018 1:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2018 1:34 AM

Maybe vp mrx02 and jetting perfect :-)

|

10/22/2018 3:12 AM

RV stated he was wondering if the pumpkins were 300’s. Technically it was an open class so it would have been allowed.

Regardless the orange bikes were in a class of their own.

Any of them using a Lectron?

|

10/22/2018 4:03 AM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

It seems like Dungey and Morais pipes were stock.

|