Öhlins kits: who has them?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2018 6:19 PM

Rant and rave here. I saw they were advertising here in the forum, clicked the link and didn’t find any pricing. Who’s purchased and what’re your thoughts?

Photo
Photo

|

8/9/2018 6:26 PM

Nothing to add here, besides the all gold forks look bad fucking ass.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

8/9/2018 6:30 PM

I have the full RFX fork and Flow Shock, works real nice and looks trick.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

8/9/2018 6:46 PM

I've had 2 sets of Ohlins. Forks are very good. Up to par with the kyb and Showa kit forks I've had. Shocks have been about the same as a good revalved stocker. Overall I would buy another set

|

8/9/2018 6:53 PM

BobPA wrote:

Nothing to add here, besides the all gold forks look bad fucking ass.

Bling level: boss status.

|

8/9/2018 7:00 PM

https://motocrossactionmag.com/fork-works-ohlins-rfx-48-forks-for-ktm-husqvarna/

"These are by far the plushest forks we have ever ridden with. They made small chop and braking bumps disappear. Every MXA test rider loved how well the front wheel tracked the ground."

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

8/9/2018 7:07 PM

BobPA wrote:

Nothing to add here, besides the all gold forks look bad fucking ass.

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

Bling level: boss status.

Seriously.

That's .7 a lap gain right there just cause you'll feel good about your bike!

|

8/9/2018 7:09 PM

I will take that gain and yeah, it sure does make me feel good.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

8/9/2018 7:23 PM

BR8ES wrote:

I have the full RFX fork and Flow Shock, works real nice and looks trick.

Show us the bike already!

|

8/9/2018 7:26 PM

Photo


Only picture on my phone right now.
|

vomiting equals disqualification.

8/9/2018 7:28 PM

BR8ES wrote: Photo


Only picture on my phone right now.

lol fk a new stand ima use this one from '89 and put erry dime in my forks.

|

8/9/2018 7:29 PM

BR8ES wrote: Photo


Only picture on my phone right now.

milliebays wrote:

lol fk a new stand ima use this one from '89 and put erry dime in my forks.

That was a temporary stand dickface. Hate all you want.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

8/9/2018 7:31 PM

Photo
|

8/9/2018 7:32 PM

BR8ES wrote: Photo


Only picture on my phone right now.

milliebays wrote:

lol fk a new stand ima use this one from '89 and put erry dime in my forks.

BR8ES wrote:

That was a temporary stand dickface. Hate all you want.

Seemed like a compliment on your intelligence to me. Stand or works forks lol easy choice with the dimes

|

when in doubt, pin it out

8/9/2018 7:34 PM

milliebays wrote:

lol fk a new stand ima use this one from '89 and put erry dime in my forks.

BR8ES wrote:

That was a temporary stand dickface. Hate all you want.

gsxr6 wrote:

Seemed like a compliment on your intelligence to me. Stand or works forks lol easy choice with the dimes

Didn't seem that way to me, odd way to compliment. Especially with a LOL.. but so it goes.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

8/9/2018 8:32 PM

BR8ES wrote: Photo


Only picture on my phone right now.

And on a smoker no less!

|

8/9/2018 8:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2018 9:16 PM

Photo

I got them with about 10 hours on my bike. Bought them used for ~3,200 for the set, sold my stock setup for ~1200. I came off a 2009 KX450 and at first I didn't really fit well with the KTM. The stock suspension just felt off to me and I was getting really bad arm pump when I usually don't. I saw a used set for sale and figured that with selling my stock suspension, I could get into a nice Ohlins setup for about 1/2 price. Rebuilds cost ~$600 for forks and shock.



|

8/9/2018 9:19 PM

BR8ES wrote:

That was a temporary stand dickface. Hate all you want.

gsxr6 wrote:

Seemed like a compliment on your intelligence to me. Stand or works forks lol easy choice with the dimes

BR8ES wrote:

Didn't seem that way to me, odd way to compliment. Especially with a LOL.. but so it goes.

not hating. better than them damn profamateur stands with the number and name printed all done up like ur factory or soemthing.

|

8/9/2018 9:28 PM

BR8ES wrote: Photo


Only picture on my phone right now.

That's a beautiful bike!

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

8/9/2018 10:45 PM

I’ve recently just fitted ohlins front and rear to my 2018 sxf250, I’m not normally fussy when it comes to suspension I just get on and ride it but the stock stuff on this bike did feel bad. It’s gave me so much more confidence in the bike, Photothe difference is amazing.

|

8/10/2018 5:58 AM

moto#52 wrote:

I’ve recently just fitted ohlins front and rear to my 2018 sxf250, I’m not normally fussy when it comes to suspension I just get on and ride it but the stock stuff on this bike did feel bad. It’s gave me so much more confidence in the bike, Photothe difference is amazing.

Lovely bike man! Not into the pumpkins but that is very easy on the eyes.

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

8/10/2018 6:12 AM

I have the Ohlins Flow shock and it works very well.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

8/10/2018 6:22 AM

Ohlins have always looked the most trick to me. The gold, their logo...always wanted a set

|

8/10/2018 9:51 AM

BR8ES wrote: Photo


Only picture on my phone right now.

PJRAUS wrote:

That's a beautiful bike!


wtf
Do you have a lamda sensor on that bike ???
|

8/10/2018 10:00 AM

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

Rant and rave here. I saw they were advertising here in the forum, clicked the link and didn’t find any pricing. Who’s purchased and what’re your thoughts?

Photo
Photo

I bought a set of Öhlins dampers for my 2016 CRF450 and loved them. By far the best forks I've ever had. Admittedly I've never tried A-Kit or factory suspension but it's hard to imagine anything better. Going from possibly the worst modern forks ever (PS2) to the Öhlins may have slightly influenced me though.

|

8/10/2018 10:17 AM

They are either really good, or not used very often.

I cant find a used set..

|

8/10/2018 10:24 AM

Photo

I found a older shock for $150.00 and had it rebuilt. Much better than the OEM set up. It responds to adjustments in a way that is immediately noticed and recordable for different track and soil conditions. I'd love to find an affordable fork also. Good Stuff.
|

8/10/2018 10:40 AM

I Have owned both RFX forks an ttx shock. It was a dream going from WPCC forks to Ohlins on the small chops.

But servicing the forks isnt as straight forward as the kyb/showa/wp forks.
By that i mean that you need Nitrogen and needle filler. Also shims are loose inside the cartrige.

|

8/10/2018 11:03 AM

JWACK wrote: Photo

Nice bike JWACK ! If anyone is interested in Ohlins suspension do yourself a favor and contact Dean Burke.
He has the best pricing, fast service turnaround, and is great to deal with. You can reach him at 502 387-0906.

|

8/10/2018 11:24 AM

fatcat wrote:

Nice bike JWACK ! If anyone is interested in Ohlins suspension do yourself a favor and contact Dean Burke.
He has the best pricing, fast service turnaround, and is great to deal with. You can reach him at 502 387-0906.

what kind of pricing are we talking here?

|