hardest rider to work for

doofy
5/24/2017 2:26am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2017 12:27pm
Ive heard in interviews pichone (sp) and reed.

What made me want to post this was listening to j bones on pulp talk about js7 and how he couldn't dissect a bike at all and was impossible to please, always the bikes fault.

Pichone same basically. They said hed get tired n fade then bag on the bike. Who ya got?
|
wsc96
Fantasy
553rd
5/24/2017 2:49am
Nick Wey? Maybe not the hardest but sounds like he would keep one busy.
jj welks
5/24/2017 3:43am
Great more shit piling on riders
qwkdiesel87
5/24/2017 4:51am
doofy wrote:
Ive heard in interviews pichone (sp) and reed. What made me want to post this was listening to j bones on pulp talk about js7 and...
Ive heard in interviews pichone (sp) and reed.

What made me want to post this was listening to j bones on pulp talk about js7 and how he couldn't dissect a bike at all and was impossible to please, always the bikes fault.

Pichone same basically. They said hed get tired n fade then bag on the bike. Who ya got?
which show on Pulp did Jbone say this?

The Shop

HenryA
5/24/2017 5:03am
Ask DV about Pourcel? Cool
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
5/24/2017 5:06am
Maybe not hardest to work for, but I was told that Mike Alessi was the complete opposite of everyone else. If everyone else went one way with their setup, Mike went the other way. They said it never made any sense to them, but mike made it work.
Crush
5/24/2017 5:17am
So we are just guessing who would be hard to work with?
Maybe 3 aren't.
5/24/2017 5:22am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Maybe not hardest to work for, but I was told that Mike Alessi was the complete opposite of everyone else. If everyone else went one way...
Maybe not hardest to work for, but I was told that Mike Alessi was the complete opposite of everyone else. If everyone else went one way with their setup, Mike went the other way. They said it never made any sense to them, but mike made it work.
I swear this guy would race motocross tires on a motogp track...
rangot
5/24/2017 6:36am
Pichon was (and still is) a great test rider, actually. And not too hard to deal with. Ask Mitch.
FWYT
5/24/2017 6:57am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2017 6:58am
(Whoops. Meant to post elsewhere.)
rongi#401
5/24/2017 7:00am
i say reed, my brother said he saw him take one lap at castillo, come in, toss his bike to laars, say "its junk" and get in his truck and take off without saying a word.

Sodipop
5/24/2017 7:13am
HenryA wrote:
Ask DV about Pourcel? Cool
DV seems like a real peach to work with.

Ask team rockstar or Kyle Bentley would be the better move
GreaseMeter
5/24/2017 7:20am
And why are we posting nude nutsack pics of Reed?
slipdog
5/24/2017 7:23am
Thanks for the creepy naked Reed photo, my morning is now complete...
Xeno
5/24/2017 7:29am
Maybe he actually said, "Look at my junk".
HenryA
5/24/2017 7:33am
Hahaha! Poor Lars Sad
yak651
Fantasy
168th
5/24/2017 7:42am
Well yeah i would be pissed to if Lars didn't put the table cloth out on test day
5/24/2017 8:46am
I can say this and from personal experience that James knows what he wants! He is not difficult to please but does want the best out of his team, DEFINITELY James CAN dissect a bike. He is very picky with who he has around him. He has worked with the best in the industry and not many people will say what Bones said if that's what he said, I haven't heard that interview just yet...not too mention James was a young buck back when they worked together. Riders styles and aggression change with every year of racing and most riders don't know what kind of baseline settings they want going into a season, so to be able to dissect a bike by yourself at this level is pretty hard to do. Today the industry is filled with technology to dissect the bikes or riders faults! We didn't have that kinda technology data 10 years ago

That goes without saying that almost every rider I've been around over the years has been the exact same way. I've seen many riders throw some pretty big fits on and off the bike. It's hard to not become a hot head at some point in your carreer racing bikes. it's a pressure industry to win and if you're not winning you are on the hot seat. Sometimes you just scratch your head wondering why you can't make up tenths of a second with all the work you've done to get there. It's very frustrating for riders and teams. More so in supercross than outdoors.

Look at the riders that have signed big deals to only be cut short, those are the riders that were probably hard to either work with or just didn't show up with a commitment level that the team wanted!

Maybe another question would be, what teams are hardest to work with?
doofy
5/24/2017 8:56am
Hey guys, these arent my words its just what ive heard/read.

Thats hilarious about reed, and also seeing his rump. Those are amazing quality photos, you a photographer?

Was that around the time he got "epstien bar"
davistld01
5/24/2017 9:03am
I can say this and from personal experience that James knows what he wants! He is not difficult to please but does want the best out...
I can say this and from personal experience that James knows what he wants! He is not difficult to please but does want the best out of his team, DEFINITELY James CAN dissect a bike. He is very picky with who he has around him. He has worked with the best in the industry and not many people will say what Bones said if that's what he said, I haven't heard that interview just yet...not too mention James was a young buck back when they worked together. Riders styles and aggression change with every year of racing and most riders don't know what kind of baseline settings they want going into a season, so to be able to dissect a bike by yourself at this level is pretty hard to do. Today the industry is filled with technology to dissect the bikes or riders faults! We didn't have that kinda technology data 10 years ago

That goes without saying that almost every rider I've been around over the years has been the exact same way. I've seen many riders throw some pretty big fits on and off the bike. It's hard to not become a hot head at some point in your carreer racing bikes. it's a pressure industry to win and if you're not winning you are on the hot seat. Sometimes you just scratch your head wondering why you can't make up tenths of a second with all the work you've done to get there. It's very frustrating for riders and teams. More so in supercross than outdoors.

Look at the riders that have signed big deals to only be cut short, those are the riders that were probably hard to either work with or just didn't show up with a commitment level that the team wanted!

Kawasaki?
doofy
5/24/2017 11:34am
I can say this and from personal experience that James knows what he wants! He is not difficult to please but does want the best out...

When/how did you work with james?
Yep
5/24/2017 11:34am
rangot wrote:
Pichon was (and still is) a great test rider, actually. And not too hard to deal with. Ask Mitch.
Watch Pichon's Corona Suzuki 250 racing against Everts on his 450. That bike was a masterpiece of rider/mechanic interaction. Frank & Michael were in synch during that time period.
newmann
5/24/2017 11:42am
rangot wrote:
Yep wrote:
Watch Pichon's Corona Suzuki 250 racing against Everts on his 450. That bike was a masterpiece of rider/mechanic interaction. Frank & Michael were in synch during...
Watch Pichon's Corona Suzuki 250 racing against Everts on his 450. That bike was a masterpiece of rider/mechanic interaction. Frank & Michael were in synch during that time period.
Hey Yep, start me a Ossa Phantom thread please. With pics....
Yep
5/24/2017 12:18pm
rangot wrote:
Yep wrote:
Watch Pichon's Corona Suzuki 250 racing against Everts on his 450. That bike was a masterpiece of rider/mechanic interaction. Frank & Michael were in synch during...
newmann wrote:
Hey Yep, start me a Ossa Phantom thread please. With pics....
Yep,

5/24/2017 12:22pm
rangot wrote:
Then he just had to deal with one of the crappiest Hondas ever built...
Wink
Yep
5/24/2017 12:27pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2017 12:27pm
rangot wrote:
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Then he just had to deal with one of the crappiest Hondas ever built...
Wink
Agreed, it was painful to watch.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
5/24/2017 1:00pm

doofy wrote:
When/how did you work with james?
This Bro is actually related to the man who started SUSZUKI. Worked for Yosh for a long time as well.
doofy
5/24/2017 3:29pm
Thats badass man.

I just remember watching bubbas world and hearing james say things like

"Dude this thing just like... is unridable." But perhaps that is the most encompassing statement one could make on then
11 yz450
doofy
5/24/2017 3:35pm
I cant remember which pulpmx show it was but j bones was saying that theyd beat their head against the wall trying to get a fork setting that was plush but wouldnt bottom with james speed and once theyd get it james would say that its too plush and didnt feel right, go back to where we started. And also im almost sure that everyone has seen Albrecht on "the moto" talk about sending the jgr team out to florida and test to nauseum, he said by the end of it everyone was burnt out and miserable.

J bones went from saying james was the baddest man on the planet to after the JGR deal having absolutely nothing good to say about him.
TeamGreen
5/24/2017 3:44pm
Absolutely...

Me.

Post a reply to: hardest rider to work for

The Latest