hardest rider to work for

Related:
Create New Tag

5/24/2017 2:26 AM

Ive heard in interviews pichone (sp) and reed.

What made me want to post this was listening to j bones on pulp talk about js7 and how he couldn't dissect a bike at all and was impossible to please, always the bikes fault.

Pichone same basically. They said hed get tired n fade then bag on the bike. Who ya got?

|

5/24/2017 2:49 AM

Nick Wey? Maybe not the hardest but sounds like he would keep one busy.

|

5/24/2017 3:43 AM

Great more shit piling on riders

|

5/24/2017 3:57 AM

So we are just guessing who would be hard to work with?

|

5/24/2017 4:51 AM

doofy wrote:

Ive heard in interviews pichone (sp) and reed.

What made me want to post this was listening to j bones on pulp talk about js7 and how he couldn't dissect a bike at all and was impossible to please, always the bikes fault.

Pichone same basically. They said hed get tired n fade then bag on the bike. Who ya got?

which show on Pulp did Jbone say this?

|

5/24/2017 5:03 AM

Ask DV about Pourcel? cool

|

KX125

5/24/2017 5:06 AM

Maybe not hardest to work for, but I was told that Mike Alessi was the complete opposite of everyone else. If everyone else went one way with their setup, Mike went the other way. They said it never made any sense to them, but mike made it work.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

5/24/2017 5:17 AM

Andy_Greenney wrote:

So we are just guessing who would be hard to work with?

Maybe 3 aren't.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5/24/2017 5:22 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Maybe not hardest to work for, but I was told that Mike Alessi was the complete opposite of everyone else. If everyone else went one way with their setup, Mike went the other way. They said it never made any sense to them, but mike made it work.

I swear this guy would race motocross tires on a motogp track...

|

5/24/2017 6:36 AM

Pichon was (and still is) a great test rider, actually. And not too hard to deal with. Ask Mitch.

|

5/24/2017 6:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2017 6:58 AM

(Whoops. Meant to post elsewhere.)

|

5/24/2017 7:00 AM

i say reed, my brother said he saw him take one lap at castillo, come in, toss his bike to laars, say "its junk" and get in his truck and take off without saying a word.Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

5/24/2017 7:13 AM

HenryA wrote:

Ask DV about Pourcel? cool

DV seems like a real peach to work with.

Ask team rockstar or Kyle Bentley would be the better move

|

5/24/2017 7:20 AM

And why are we posting nude nutsack pics of Reed?

|

5/24/2017 7:23 AM

Thanks for the creepy naked Reed photo, my morning is now complete...

|

5/24/2017 7:29 AM

Maybe he actually said, "Look at my junk".

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

5/24/2017 7:33 AM

Hahaha! Poor Lars sad

|

KX125

5/24/2017 7:42 AM

Well yeah i would be pissed to if Lars didn't put the table cloth out on test day

|

5/24/2017 8:46 AM

I can say this and from personal experience that James knows what he wants! He is not difficult to please but does want the best out of his team, DEFINITELY James CAN dissect a bike. He is very picky with who he has around him. He has worked with the best in the industry and not many people will say what Bones said if that's what he said, I haven't heard that interview just yet...not too mention James was a young buck back when they worked together. Riders styles and aggression change with every year of racing and most riders don't know what kind of baseline settings they want going into a season, so to be able to dissect a bike by yourself at this level is pretty hard to do. Today the industry is filled with technology to dissect the bikes or riders faults! We didn't have that kinda technology data 10 years ago

That goes without saying that almost every rider I've been around over the years has been the exact same way. I've seen many riders throw some pretty big fits on and off the bike. It's hard to not become a hot head at some point in your carreer racing bikes. it's a pressure industry to win and if you're not winning you are on the hot seat. Sometimes you just scratch your head wondering why you can't make up tenths of a second with all the work you've done to get there. It's very frustrating for riders and teams. More so in supercross than outdoors.

Look at the riders that have signed big deals to only be cut short, those are the riders that were probably hard to either work with or just didn't show up with a commitment level that the team wanted!

Maybe another question would be, what teams are hardest to work with?

|

5/24/2017 8:56 AM

Hey guys, these arent my words its just what ive heard/read.

Thats hilarious about reed, and also seeing his rump. Those are amazing quality photos, you a photographer?

Was that around the time he got "epstien bar"

|

5/24/2017 9:03 AM

2WheelsForTheMasses wrote:

I can say this and from personal experience that James knows what he wants! He is not difficult to please but does want the best out of his team, DEFINITELY James CAN dissect a bike. He is very picky with who he has around him. He has worked with the best in the industry and not many people will say what Bones said if that's what he said, I haven't heard that interview just yet...not too mention James was a young buck back when they worked together. Riders styles and aggression change with every year of racing and most riders don't know what kind of baseline settings they want going into a season, so to be able to dissect a bike by yourself at this level is pretty hard to do. Today the industry is filled with technology to dissect the bikes or riders faults! We didn't have that kinda technology data 10 years ago

That goes without saying that almost every rider I've been around over the years has been the exact same way. I've seen many riders throw some pretty big fits on and off the bike. It's hard to not become a hot head at some point in your carreer racing bikes. it's a pressure industry to win and if you're not winning you are on the hot seat. Sometimes you just scratch your head wondering why you can't make up tenths of a second with all the work you've done to get there. It's very frustrating for riders and teams. More so in supercross than outdoors.

Look at the riders that have signed big deals to only be cut short, those are the riders that were probably hard to either work with or just didn't show up with a commitment level that the team wanted!

Kawasaki?

|

5/24/2017 11:34 AM

When/how did you work with james?

|

5/24/2017 11:34 AM

rangot wrote:

Pichon was (and still is) a great test rider, actually. And not too hard to deal with. Ask Mitch.

Watch Pichon's Corona Suzuki 250 racing against Everts on his 450. That bike was a masterpiece of rider/mechanic interaction. Frank & Michael were in synch during that time period.

|

If you don't crash alot you just ain't going fast enough, Danny

5/24/2017 11:42 AM

rangot wrote:

Yep wrote:

Watch Pichon's Corona Suzuki 250 racing against Everts on his 450. That bike was a masterpiece of rider/mechanic interaction. Frank & Michael were in synch during that time period.

Hey Yep, start me a Ossa Phantom thread please. With pics....

|

5/24/2017 12:18 PM

rangot wrote:

Yep wrote:

newmann wrote:

Hey Yep, start me a Ossa Phantom thread please. With pics....

Yep, Photo

|

5/24/2017 12:22 PM

rangot wrote:

Then he just had to deal with one of the crappiest Hondas ever built...
wink

|

5/24/2017 12:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2017 12:27 PM

rangot wrote:

DRAGONBACK wrote:

Then he just had to deal with one of the crappiest Hondas ever built...
wink

Agreed, it was painful to watch.

|

5/24/2017 1:00 PM

doofy wrote:

When/how did you work with james?

This Bro is actually related to the man who started SUSZUKI. Worked for Yosh for a long time as well.

|

5/24/2017 3:29 PM

Thats badass man.

I just remember watching bubbas world and hearing james say things like

"Dude this thing just like... is unridable." But perhaps that is the most encompassing statement one could make on then
11 yz450

|

5/24/2017 3:35 PM

I cant remember which pulpmx show it was but j bones was saying that theyd beat their head against the wall trying to get a fork setting that was plush but wouldnt bottom with james speed and once theyd get it james would say that its too plush and didnt feel right, go back to where we started. And also im almost sure that everyone has seen Albrecht on "the moto" talk about sending the jgr team out to florida and test to nauseum, he said by the end of it everyone was burnt out and miserable.

J bones went from saying james was the baddest man on the planet to after the JGR deal having absolutely nothing good to say about him.

|