guyb, DC, Weimer, Ping, Abbott, Dungey, Stewart, and industry people that read this message board....

Titan1
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:31pm
I wish the entire dirt bike community (MX, SX, WORC, GNCC, H&H, Trials, Enduro, Endurocross, hare scrambles, and all companies and riders associated with those series) would start talking about, and raising awareness for, land use issues.

Articles in the mainstream mags about it, threads about it, talk about the benefits of joining/donating to the Blue Ribbon Coalition and the AMA (but mostly the blue ribbon coalition, but only because they are focused 100% on offroad, where the AMA is focused more so on street bikes...but both are worthy causes), how about some "shout outs" from the podium about protecting our right to ride....And otherwise keeping it at the top of the Dirt Bike worlds minds.

Riders, professional teams, Dealerships, and aftermarket companies, gear companies, they should all start talking about it, start pushing it, and start using their influence to raise awareness for it, and encourage the dirt bike community to take part in it.

The vast majority of OHV users (Dirt Bike, ATV, side by side) NEVER touch a motocross track, ever! And they ride on public land. As that public land goes away-either completely, or it just gets further away so you have to drive 4 hours instead of 2 to ride-people are going to stop buying OHV's...this will hurt the manufactures, the dealers, the aftermarket companies, the gear companies, etc....and the affect of it will 100% trickle down to affect MX and SX. MX, SX need the revenue of the average trail riding dirt bike rider to keep this sport healthy, growing and progessing. Take away the average, non-mx riding dirt bike rider, and it hurts all aspects of the dirt bike riding/racing industry.

This is one issue that SHOULD have a sticky at the top of every message board....land use-and the organizations that fight for us-should get free advertising on every OHV related message board and website and in every magazine. And it would be an investment into those companies future.

So GuyB? Why aren't you using your site to help the land use cause? What am I missing?

So how about it DC? What gives? Why aren't you using Racerxonline.com and ali sports, THE NATIONALS and the media associated with it, to get support for the the organizations that fight for our rights, or even to encourage people to just get active in the land use battle? (just ideas...I'm sure you can think of the most effective ways...)

What about it Wiemer, Reed, Millsaps, Abbott, Short, Dungey, Stewart, and all the other big names in the dirt bike world that read this message board....why not use your "celebrity" to raise awareness for a cause that will help your factories afford those big money contracts?

PING, come on dude...start talking trash on the enviro-nazi's and use your HUGE fan base to make a positive difference....

And to all the other industry types out there, why aren't you using your company and your database of clientale, and your products to raise awareness for the land use debate and to encourage your customers to get active in it?

These are just ideas....this issue has never been more critical...for the benefit of the future of our sport, this entire industry needs to step up and start raising awareness of the land use issue!

If 50% of the OHV owners in this country would give $10 to the BlueRibbon Coalition, and write a letter to their congressmen/women...we could literally clobber the Sierra Club (there is far more than 1.3 million OHV owners and dirtbike enthusiasts out there)....And make a huge amount of progress....so imagine if 75% or 80% of us did that? What if we did $50? or $100? What if we each wrote two letters a year to each of our congressmen/women?

Anyway...i don't mean to call anyone, or any company out...but at the same time, I kind of do (and I do so with the utmost respect). Me and millions and millions of dirt bike riders, are sitting here watching our riding areas disappear and we're shouting at the top of our lungs trying to stop it....but we need more help! And I wish the major players in this industry would start speaking up!

Imagine if Ryan Dungey, encouraged people to join the AMA or the Blue Ribbon Coalition on the podium every supercross this coming season (because I'm pretty confident he'll be on it every race)? That 2 second blurp would make a huge difference...imagine if all the riders started encouraging the fans to speak up on land use issues?

Anyway...Colorado just lost-well are just set to lose-over 300,000 acres of riding area to another "wilderness" designation (Hidden Gems )....And so this is at the top of my mind...and I just don't understand why the industry isn't actively fighting this!

Just a plea for help!
|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/22/2010 5:33pm
You mentioned Blue Ribbon and AMA alerts, etc. I post up what they send us, which frankly isn't much.

For the most part, we're devoted to closed-course racing. I get that the consumers often ride more than that, and I've been involved with plenty of land use issues back during my mountain bike days.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
10/22/2010 5:37pm
I voted today. Gotta do what you can at the local level.
Titan1
10/23/2010 7:09am
Guyb, are you on the BRC's action list? I get something almost once a week from them.

It's one thing if I post the action item here, it's a completely different thing if you, or DC, or Ping or someone else with more influence and "celebrity" than I have posts it...and it would be awesome if they were posted as a "sticky" at the top of the first page...

I know you-and the rest of the MX community-focus on "closed course" racing. But closed course racing can't continue to grow without the revenue generated by the "weekend warriors" out there. And the weekend warriors aren't going to keep spending money unless they have places to ride. And if the weekend warriors lose all their places to ride and stop buying bikes, and aftermarket parts, and apparel, and gear the trickle down affect will certainly affect all aspects of closed course racing...

Anyway, I just think the closed course racing community needs to realize how all these land closures are going to negatively affect them...and use their influence, celebrity, time and money to fight this thing.

Guyb, I respectfully ask that you do more on this topic. Rally your journalist counterparts, and other industry friends and really make a concerted effort to push the land use thing in all the ways that the industry can think of....there are brilliant minds in this industry, and they can certainly figure out ways to raise awareness...and if it comes from the "celebrity" of the upper ranks of MX/SX, people are going to get involved.

Right now we are fighting against Diamond Back, Osprey, Robert Redford, and many many other companies, and celebrities....we need to have our own industry companies and industry celebrities pulling their weight.
CRF STUFF
10/23/2010 8:23am
"I know you-and the rest of the MX community-focus on "closed course" racing. But closed course racing can't continue to grow without the revenue generated by the "weekend warriors" out there. And the weekend warriors aren't going to keep spending money unless they have places to ride. And if the weekend warriors lose all their places to ride and stop buying bikes, and aftermarket parts, and apparel, and gear the trickle down affect will certainly affect all aspects of closed course racing... "

I strongly agree with Titans point above.

As riding areas for the average Joe close down, the customer base for the industry that "sponsors" the Pro racing we all enjoy quickly diminishes and the whole thing collapses.

This isn't something that could happen, it is happening right now.

If we don't organize in some fashion very soon, the groups that are closing our riding areas will continue to gain momentum and our riding areas (off road and closed course) will rapidly become extinct along with our sport.

The off road enthusiast group is a sleeping giant, but if we lay there sleeping while the extremist environmentalists tie us down, there will come a point where we will not be able to get up.

The Shop

Utrider
Fantasy
1528th
10/23/2010 9:06am
Titan1 wrote:
I wish the entire dirt bike community (MX, SX, WORC, GNCC, H&H, Trials, Enduro, Endurocross, hare scrambles, and all companies and riders associated with those series)...
I wish the entire dirt bike community (MX, SX, WORC, GNCC, H&H, Trials, Enduro, Endurocross, hare scrambles, and all companies and riders associated with those series) would start talking about, and raising awareness for, land use issues.

Articles in the mainstream mags about it, threads about it, talk about the benefits of joining/donating to the Blue Ribbon Coalition and the AMA (but mostly the blue ribbon coalition, but only because they are focused 100% on offroad, where the AMA is focused more so on street bikes...but both are worthy causes), how about some "shout outs" from the podium about protecting our right to ride....And otherwise keeping it at the top of the Dirt Bike worlds minds.

Riders, professional teams, Dealerships, and aftermarket companies, gear companies, they should all start talking about it, start pushing it, and start using their influence to raise awareness for it, and encourage the dirt bike community to take part in it.

The vast majority of OHV users (Dirt Bike, ATV, side by side) NEVER touch a motocross track, ever! And they ride on public land. As that public land goes away-either completely, or it just gets further away so you have to drive 4 hours instead of 2 to ride-people are going to stop buying OHV's...this will hurt the manufactures, the dealers, the aftermarket companies, the gear companies, etc....and the affect of it will 100% trickle down to affect MX and SX. MX, SX need the revenue of the average trail riding dirt bike rider to keep this sport healthy, growing and progessing. Take away the average, non-mx riding dirt bike rider, and it hurts all aspects of the dirt bike riding/racing industry.

This is one issue that SHOULD have a sticky at the top of every message board....land use-and the organizations that fight for us-should get free advertising on every OHV related message board and website and in every magazine. And it would be an investment into those companies future.

So GuyB? Why aren't you using your site to help the land use cause? What am I missing?

So how about it DC? What gives? Why aren't you using Racerxonline.com and ali sports, THE NATIONALS and the media associated with it, to get support for the the organizations that fight for our rights, or even to encourage people to just get active in the land use battle? (just ideas...I'm sure you can think of the most effective ways...)

What about it Wiemer, Reed, Millsaps, Abbott, Short, Dungey, Stewart, and all the other big names in the dirt bike world that read this message board....why not use your "celebrity" to raise awareness for a cause that will help your factories afford those big money contracts?

PING, come on dude...start talking trash on the enviro-nazi's and use your HUGE fan base to make a positive difference....

And to all the other industry types out there, why aren't you using your company and your database of clientale, and your products to raise awareness for the land use debate and to encourage your customers to get active in it?

These are just ideas....this issue has never been more critical...for the benefit of the future of our sport, this entire industry needs to step up and start raising awareness of the land use issue!

If 50% of the OHV owners in this country would give $10 to the BlueRibbon Coalition, and write a letter to their congressmen/women...we could literally clobber the Sierra Club (there is far more than 1.3 million OHV owners and dirtbike enthusiasts out there)....And make a huge amount of progress....so imagine if 75% or 80% of us did that? What if we did $50? or $100? What if we each wrote two letters a year to each of our congressmen/women?

Anyway...i don't mean to call anyone, or any company out...but at the same time, I kind of do (and I do so with the utmost respect). Me and millions and millions of dirt bike riders, are sitting here watching our riding areas disappear and we're shouting at the top of our lungs trying to stop it....but we need more help! And I wish the major players in this industry would start speaking up!

Imagine if Ryan Dungey, encouraged people to join the AMA or the Blue Ribbon Coalition on the podium every supercross this coming season (because I'm pretty confident he'll be on it every race)? That 2 second blurp would make a huge difference...imagine if all the riders started encouraging the fans to speak up on land use issues?

Anyway...Colorado just lost-well are just set to lose-over 300,000 acres of riding area to another "wilderness" designation (Hidden Gems )....And so this is at the top of my mind...and I just don't understand why the industry isn't actively fighting this!

Just a plea for help!
Very well said Titan. You know where I stand on this issue, I am a Life member of BRC and am happy to support USA-ALL every year.

There was a member on here, I believe he went by the name District 38 or some other California AMA district, that would put up the action alerts. I think he got frustrated with the lack of support and moved on.
Titan1
10/23/2010 6:07pm
I support BRC and USA-ALL and the AMA every year, as well UTrider...not to mention I'm running a facebook group and page devoted to killing the Red Rock Wilderness Act...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/utahlandgrab

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=118464924834218

It's just unfortunate that the extreme majority of OHV enthusiasts are riding in the wagon, leaving only a small few out there pushing the wagon...and to make it even more difficult, the few of us pushing are pushing up hill.

If this industry would start pushing the wagon it'd make a world of difference! Here's to hoping!
flarider
10/23/2010 6:26pm
No disrespect, but many people and companies support various off-road groups (local and national), they just do not go around announcing and parading it.
That said, what great ills of society have been solved on a message board?
Read non-moto lately? Solved anything there?

Awareness is good, without question, but daily rants on Vital or RacerX isn't going to change anything, as a matter of fact, over time people will become immune to the message and just ignore it.

If there is a specific event or meeting that needs attention and/or emails sent to for support, then go for it and post it.

But if Vital or RacerX posted stuff daily or as a sticky, it'd get ignored.
Do you click on and read every sticky on here daily?
Titan1
10/23/2010 6:42pm
flarider wrote:
No disrespect, but many people and companies support various off-road groups (local and national), they just do not go around announcing and parading it. That said...
No disrespect, but many people and companies support various off-road groups (local and national), they just do not go around announcing and parading it.
That said, what great ills of society have been solved on a message board?
Read non-moto lately? Solved anything there?

Awareness is good, without question, but daily rants on Vital or RacerX isn't going to change anything, as a matter of fact, over time people will become immune to the message and just ignore it.

If there is a specific event or meeting that needs attention and/or emails sent to for support, then go for it and post it.

But if Vital or RacerX posted stuff daily or as a sticky, it'd get ignored.
Do you click on and read every sticky on here daily?
My point is, that if the powers at be in the MX/SX industry (riders, industry personalities, major companies) would talk about the importance of getting involved in the land use battle it would become "cool" and important. It would take a little bit of effort, but it would certainly make a HUGE difference for the good.

And if people and companies in this industry are supporting various off-road groups and making an effort to help in the land use battle why aren't they announcing it and parading it? This is something that needs attention and needs awareness.

And I don't think daily posts would be effective...but collectively the industry needs to start raising awareness. And each individual and each company needs to determine-individually-the best, and most effective, way to go about doing that....and I don't care how they do it, they just need to do it.

Free/discounted advertising
Shout outs from the poduim and in interviews
pamplets in each order
pamplets handed out in the pit areas
and on and on

There are many cheap and effective ways to raise awareness and encourage people to get involved. The industry just needs to start doing them....and letting people know they are doing it. If its important to RacerX, and VitalMX, and Ryan Dungey and Trey Canard, and Rocky Mountain ATV, and Motosport outlet, and motocross action, and twmx and on and on...it'll eventually be important to more and more riders and enthusiasts.....And that is what we need.
flarider
10/23/2010 6:56pm
I am not trying to argue with you, because you make valid points, but could you imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if I came in here strutting like a peacock because I donated a couple grand to the BRC or FTR or other off-road group?

Personally, seems to me, some blame does lie with those groups for not raising awareness themselves and doing a better job at PR. GuyB himself said he doesn't get any PR from them very often.

Hard to support an unknown for people, isn't it?

You're blaming the industry for the faults of the groups that don't promote themselves or their own causes
urbanlift707
10/23/2010 7:09pm
i just Joined BRC, and will send an invitaton to all my riding buddies. Before clicking this thread I have never heard of them, they seem like they are fighting the good fight
Titan1
10/23/2010 7:49pm
flarider wrote:
I am not trying to argue with you, because you make valid points, but could you imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if I came in...
I am not trying to argue with you, because you make valid points, but could you imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if I came in here strutting like a peacock because I donated a couple grand to the BRC or FTR or other off-road group?

Personally, seems to me, some blame does lie with those groups for not raising awareness themselves and doing a better job at PR. GuyB himself said he doesn't get any PR from them very often.

Hard to support an unknown for people, isn't it?

You're blaming the industry for the faults of the groups that don't promote themselves or their own causes
I"m not saying you need to tell people how much you donate...or even that you donate...I just think it would be a good idea for industry companies, like yours, if they use their influence, and notariety, and datebase to raise awareness for the cause. Put a link to BRC (and/or any other off road advocate groups you know of) on your website...ask them for some pamplets and send them out with each order..or whatever. You're a smart guy, you can figure out the best way to raise awareness in your realm (just like Vitalmx, racerx, twmx, riders, and other companiees would know best how to raise awareness in their specific realm).

And I agree that the groups need to do better at raising awareness themselves...but i also know first hand that they are handicapped by funds, and need more money to do more. Those groups would LOVE to do more...

I've also asked them why they aren't reaching out to the industry more than they do...I haven't got an answer back yet.

And I'm not blaming the industry, I'm asking them for their support....if they haven't heard of the groups before, then consider me the tip of the spear and this thread letting the industry know about it. My favorites are the BRC and the AMA (and USA-ALL locally hear in Utah), and that's why I talk about them, but there are many others.

With that said, I'm not trying to argue with you either. Just trying to raise awareness myself.....
Titan1
10/23/2010 7:52pm
i just Joined BRC, and will send an invitaton to all my riding buddies. Before clicking this thread I have never heard of them, they seem...
i just Joined BRC, and will send an invitaton to all my riding buddies. Before clicking this thread I have never heard of them, they seem like they are fighting the good fight
That's awesome!

They do a GREAT job on the national level. I like them because they focus exclusively on the off road aspect of OHV's. The AMA is also good-because they are so big and so respected-but they spend a lot of their resources on the street bike side.

Anyway, keep spreading the word!

And when you get action items from BRC, please make a committment to take 2 minutes and act on them. The cause needs your voice!
Marshj
10/25/2010 10:05am
A good example of some of the PR and press that titan is alluding to, is a Brad Pitt dropping the "Support PETA" on the red carpet at the Grammies.

It brings attention to the cause, and builds a 'brand' name. We all know what PETA is because so many celebs endorse it. How many more of us would be aware of what BRC is doing if at A1 Ryan Dungey said "Blue Ribbon Coalition is doing good things to keep our sport alive."

Instant notoriety for the cause.

Great points Titan.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/25/2010 11:41am
I get supporting the cause for land use issues. I know how important it is. But making it exciting or sexy? I'm not sure I (or anyone else) is that much of a salesman.
MBBadgers
10/25/2010 11:44am
i just Joined BRC, and will send an invitaton to all my riding buddies. Before clicking this thread I have never heard of them, they seem...
Jeremy McGrath is a big supporter of BRC. Includes them in all his endeavors.
Titan1
10/25/2010 2:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/25/2010 2:55pm
GuyB wrote:
I get supporting the cause for land use issues. I know how important it is. But making it exciting or sexy? I'm not sure I (or...
I get supporting the cause for land use issues. I know how important it is. But making it exciting or sexy? I'm not sure I (or anyone else) is that much of a salesman.
I don't think it needs to be "sexy" or even all that "exciting", it just needs to be talked about enough that its "important".

But I still feel that if the riders would mention it in interviews, on the podium etc it would become, maybe, "cool" to be involved and participate.

I wish someone with indepth connections in this industry would start rallying the troops-riders, magazines, websites, race teams, factories, gear companies, apparell companies, aftermarket companies, etc-and get them on board with out important it is, we could literally bury the opposition to our sport.

I've got a million ideas:

-Riders mention it on the podium ("Everyone needs to Join the BlueRibbon Coalition. They are trying to keep our sport alive.")
-Magazines do articles on the land use stuff, give free/discount advertising space to the groups in the trenches fighting the good fight. links on their websites. Put BRC ads where all those annoying "renewal" post card thingies are....in addition to the renewal post card things.
-mail order catalog places (RockyMountain ATV/ Motosport outlet), put flyers/pamplets in with every order you ship out.
-Race teams: give out pamplets/flyers in the pits (have the riders give them out with each autograph would be ideal).

I have a lot more ideas....but you get the point.

There are little things each person or company can do to raise awareness, and those little things-because they are coming from way up in the MX industry-will make a huge difference.

And if everyone gets on board so the fans are hearing the same message from multiple places and multiple times the point will go out.

They see a thread on VitalMX about BRC...they get a BRC membership post card in the middle of the TWMX mag they bought at the grocery store...RV mentions BRC on the podium at A1 (he mentioned that pickle company...so why not BRC?)...They get a pamplet about BRC in with their chain/sprocket combo they ordered from Rocky Mountain ATV...They get a BRC sticker with their suspension when they get it back from Pro Circuit....the salesman at their local dealership mentions how important BRC is when they are purchasing their new bike....James Stewart gives them a BRC flyer and tells them to join, when they get his autograph at the Dallas SX...and on and on and on...People are going to get the point...if it's important to the industry, it's important to the riders...awareness will be raised...and riding areas remain open.

With riding areas open, more people will get into the sport, more people getting into the sport means more mag sales, and bike sales, and aftermarket part sales, and apparel sales, and gear sales, and more SX tickets sold, and on and on and on...everyone benefits from their investment in the land use issue....seems like a no brainer to me....
flarider
10/25/2010 3:53pm
Why not donate your time to handle their PR and rider/team relations?
Go to SX races and Nationals and talk to team/riders about your ideas on their support of the BRC and other groups
Titan1
10/26/2010 7:39am
flarider wrote:
Why not donate your time to handle their PR and rider/team relations? Go to SX races and Nationals and talk to team/riders about your ideas on...
Why not donate your time to handle their PR and rider/team relations?
Go to SX races and Nationals and talk to team/riders about your ideas on their support of the BRC and other groups
I'd love to do that Dave...that'd be like my dream job, in fact-minus the getting rich doing it part-working with teams and riders, going to all the SX and MX races, etc...I'd be in heaven.

But I'm not sure I'm the right guy for that job. I think, given the close knit and tight lipped group that is professional mx/sx racing, it would be better if someone from within the industry-with existing relationships-were to step up and do it. They'd be recieved better, and would be more effective.

With that said, if nobody in the industry wanted to step up, I'm sure there'd be about a million people-me included-that would be willing to step up and volunteer their time and volunteer there time to work both on the pro rider/team side, and on the retail/dealership/aftermarket parts/apparel side....at least I think that would be the case? I say "I think" only because it seems odd to me that BRC hasn't already thought of this?

Anyway...Dave from your perspective, as a business owner in this industry, can you think of anything you could do that would raise awareness? Do you ship your product to individuals? If so, would you be willing-if provided the material-to put a pamplet in each of those orders? Would you be willing to put a link to BRC on your website? Just asking for your input, from the perspective of a business owner, how this might be recieved on your end?

Thanks for your input....
flarider
10/26/2010 8:57am Edited Date/Time 10/26/2010 8:58am
We do not sell consumer or dealer direct, and you also have to remember we are not an off-road only product, we even have automotive customers using our product, so placing a leaflet into every case would wind up with a great deal of them ignored or in the trash. Also remember, we pack four to a case, and a dirt bike only needs one, so the dealer while stocking his shelf would just toss the flyer into the trash.

We support many different charities and organizations, just as many others in the industry do, we just don't go parading it for a number of reasons.

I see no reason why you cannot write simple press releases on behalf of the BRC (with their permission, on a volunteer basis) and email them out on occasion. As for rider/team relations, you would not need to go to every race, but a select few, maybe some closer to you, in order to speak directly to the teams and riders.

But keep in mind a few things, riders are pressed for time on the podium as it is with thanking the sponsors that make their racing possible, so to add in a political message is asking a lot.

A BRC decal on their helmet to raise awareness might be more practical.

Then you run into the next problem, one that I as well as others run into, which is the "pick and choose" problem.

You can't help everyone and you can't save the world, so if you start helping the BRC (as a team, rider, business) then other organizations come calling also asking for help, so who do you help and not help? Of course, the ones you do not help now think you're a dick and so does their membership. It's a double edged sword.

Maybe as part of your volunteer work (assuming BRC takes you up on it), it would be a good idea to go to Feld and MX Sports asking to donate ad space and PA time, which of course its value is tax deductible as the BRC is a 501(c)6 non-profit trade organization.....so both buy banners, put them up, donate some announcer time and then write it all off against their income.

There are ways to do it, just need someone to take the time to do it and someone with the drive (like yourself) to really go after it with vigor.
Titan1
10/26/2010 12:17pm
flarider wrote:
We do not sell consumer or dealer direct, and you also have to remember we are not an off-road only product, we even have automotive customers...
We do not sell consumer or dealer direct, and you also have to remember we are not an off-road only product, we even have automotive customers using our product, so placing a leaflet into every case would wind up with a great deal of them ignored or in the trash. Also remember, we pack four to a case, and a dirt bike only needs one, so the dealer while stocking his shelf would just toss the flyer into the trash.

We support many different charities and organizations, just as many others in the industry do, we just don't go parading it for a number of reasons.

I see no reason why you cannot write simple press releases on behalf of the BRC (with their permission, on a volunteer basis) and email them out on occasion. As for rider/team relations, you would not need to go to every race, but a select few, maybe some closer to you, in order to speak directly to the teams and riders.

But keep in mind a few things, riders are pressed for time on the podium as it is with thanking the sponsors that make their racing possible, so to add in a political message is asking a lot.

A BRC decal on their helmet to raise awareness might be more practical.

Then you run into the next problem, one that I as well as others run into, which is the "pick and choose" problem.

You can't help everyone and you can't save the world, so if you start helping the BRC (as a team, rider, business) then other organizations come calling also asking for help, so who do you help and not help? Of course, the ones you do not help now think you're a dick and so does their membership. It's a double edged sword.

Maybe as part of your volunteer work (assuming BRC takes you up on it), it would be a good idea to go to Feld and MX Sports asking to donate ad space and PA time, which of course its value is tax deductible as the BRC is a 501(c)6 non-profit trade organization.....so both buy banners, put them up, donate some announcer time and then write it all off against their income.

There are ways to do it, just need someone to take the time to do it and someone with the drive (like yourself) to really go after it with vigor.
For you putting a leaflet in with your orders isn't practical....but for a company like RockyMountain ATV, or Motosport Outlet, that would be very practical, and likely very effective.

I"m sure your company supports many charities, and for all I know all the other companies in the industry do as well, I just don't understand why they aren't more public about it? Maybe not specific amounts donated and things like that, but "Proud supported of Make a Wish Foundation", or "We're protecting your right to ride, by supporting BRC" or something like that, with a link to the charities website or something like that. Am I missing something in that regard?

And maybe a getting a second on the podium isn't reasonable (though that would be AWESOME!) so maybe the riders mentioning (giving out pamplets) during that autograph sessions would be more practical (and likely more effecive)?

To my knowledge there are only two national level groups that are fighting this, the AMA and the Blue Ribbon Coalition. I'm sure each state has several (I can think of maybe 5 right off the top of my head in Utah), so the support would have to go to the national level group/s, since the series covers the entire country and is touching people across the country...maybe that would be an effective way of determining who to help and who not to help? But I see your point, that that could be a huge problem.....not sure the answer to it (and I don't think not helping any of them is the answer..)

My naiveness (is that a word?) about the circus that is professional mx/sx is why I don't think I'm necessarily the best guy for the job. Someone that knows the "ins and outs" what is required of a rider on race day, and the pressures the teams/riders are under would be far better for the job that me....all I bring to the table would be ambition and passion...not sure that's enough in this instance.

I appreciate your ideas and input....I"m taking notes. Keep it coming. Smile

Titan1
10/27/2010 10:05am
MBBadgers wrote:
Jeremy McGrath is a big supporter of BRC. Includes them in all his endeavors.
I didn't know MC was a BRC supporter? That's awesome. I'll bet his personal private property issues in Riverside county planted that seed in him....I wish more pros would follow suit....

Maybe Reed will too...given that it seems he is/was having some issues with his neighbors and things...

Post a reply to: guyb, DC, Weimer, Ping, Abbott, Dungey, Stewart, and industry people that read this message board....

The Latest