gonna rain tommorrow

hillbilly
Edited Date/Time 7/6/2014 1:51am
Better bring your 1 dollar rain ponchos.

60 % rain ,looked at the surface models and it is gonna be wet at some point.
|
P
6/27/2014 5:49pm
You guys been getting lighting storms up there or just rain?

P
plowboy
6/27/2014 6:18pm
We are way overdue for a REAL mudder. Last man standing shit. I'm talking dozers to get out of the pits mudder. Throw your shoes in the trash mudder. Blown engines all over the track mudder....oops., have I gone too far?Dizzy

The Shop

Steve 396
6/27/2014 6:46pm
Don't know if it will rain yellow or not but I hope its not too bad. I don't enjoy watching mud races and darn sure don't like riding them. We will see what tomorrow will bring.
mx836
6/27/2014 6:46pm
The parking area is going to be a disaster if it rains! I envision cars sliding everywhere on those hills. Wish I could see if for myself, but I don't think it's worth the 13 hour drive after attending last year.
plowboy
6/27/2014 6:48pm
enketchum wrote:
Is it gonna RAIN YELLOW????
I went to a few rock festivals back in the day in England when the potapots overflowed so bad it looked like it had "rained yellow and brown". Wish we had those numbers at our nationals. Too much money is a good problem.
Steve 396
6/27/2014 6:59pm
mx836 wrote:
The parking area is going to be a disaster if it rains! I envision cars sliding everywhere on those hills. Wish I could see if for...
The parking area is going to be a disaster if it rains! I envision cars sliding everywhere on those hills. Wish I could see if for myself, but I don't think it's worth the 13 hour drive after attending last year.
We were there for the regional a few weeks ago and were lucky to have no rain but if it would have it would have been like snot. My 4wd would have needed a dozer to get my toy hauler out for sure as we were parked over close to the big triple.
mx836
6/27/2014 7:02pm
That's where we parked as well. Cringed as I rode the clutch in my beemer creeping in line while waiting to get out.
plowboy
6/27/2014 7:13pm
Watched Weinert throw mud all over the pits in a rental car at Rio Bravo. With his head stickin' out of the sun roof hitting the gas with his cane. White lab coated Asian engineers were not happy. I was.
6/27/2014 7:32pm
P wrote:

P
The forecast has looked like this almost daily for the better part of 2 weeks. I can only recall 1 day when we had a thunderstorm. A majority of the time its been rain (sometimes heavy) lasting about an hour or so.

We've had several days with similar forecasts where we received either nothing at all or a short period of light rain. I'm not saying it won't be a washout, but I wouldn't bet on it based on the forecast.

This track gets interesting with an hour or two of heavy rain. They bring in lots of loamy dirt that absorbs water pretty well, but underneath the loam is a hard base that gets VERY slick when it's wet. Some sections of the track have less of the loamy dirt and those sections are especially gnarly when its a mudder.

6/27/2014 7:34pm
P wrote:

P
The forecast has looked like this almost daily for the better part of 2 weeks. I can only recall 1 day when we had a thunderstorm. A majority of the time its been rain (sometimes heavy) lasting about an hour or so.

We've had several days with similar forecasts where we received either nothing at all or a short period of light rain. I'm not saying it won't be a washout, but I wouldn't bet on it based on the forecast.

This track gets interesting with an hour or two of heavy rain. They bring in lots of loamy dirt that absorbs water pretty well, but underneath the loam is a hard base that gets VERY slick when it's wet. Some sections of the track have less of the loamy dirt and those sections are especially gnarly when its a mudder.
SKlein
6/27/2014 8:39pm
Should be a good day of racing! (as long as things don't get out of control)
steve_97060
6/27/2014 9:51pm
enketchum wrote:
plowboy wrote:
I went to a few rock festivals back in the day in England when the potapots overflowed so bad it looked like it had "rained yellow...
I went to a few rock festivals back in the day in England when the potapots overflowed so bad it looked like it had "rained yellow and brown". Wish we had those numbers at our nationals. Too much money is a good problem.
did you ever make it to Reading?
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
6/27/2014 9:56pm
enketchum wrote:
Dx3moto wrote:
[img]https://thedisorderofthings.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/implied-facepalm.jpg[/img]
LaughingLaughingLaughing
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
6/27/2014 10:00pm
Well we are here for our first National & I hope to god it doesn't rain! I wanna see some good, fast racing from my dry ezy chair...
hillbilly
6/28/2014 2:58am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2014 2:59am
Radar is clear now,

I hope I'm wrong,yes,it happens,rare,but it does.

Heading out,taking to old,but famous motorhome,

Wonder what will happen,blow tires?engine fall out again?just quit and get chased by a retarded guitar picker?yes,it all happened.
hillbilly
6/28/2014 3:02am
Damn,looked at forcast,

70% now,thunderstorms after noon.

Gonna throw some chains in the box.
FIREfish148
6/28/2014 3:04am
hillbilly wrote:
Radar is clear now, I hope I'm wrong,yes,it happens,rare,but it does. Heading out,taking to old,but famous motorhome, Wonder what will happen,blow tires?engine fall out again?just quit...
Radar is clear now,

Wonder what will happen,blow tires?engine fall out again?just quit and get chased by a retarded guitar picker?yes,it all happened.
Keep the rubber side down hillbilly.
Crush
6/28/2014 4:23am
plowboy wrote:
We are way overdue for a REAL mudder. Last man standing shit. I'm talking dozers to get out of the pits mudder. Throw your shoes in...
We are way overdue for a REAL mudder. Last man standing shit. I'm talking dozers to get out of the pits mudder. Throw your shoes in the trash mudder. Blown engines all over the track mudder....oops., have I gone too far?Dizzy
It is muddy creek!

ha!

In all seriousness I agree... But you know what. That track looks like it'd be a bitch if it's really really wet, clay, would be slippery and knotty as shit!
wreckitrandy
6/28/2014 4:34am
hillbilly wrote:
Radar is clear now, I hope I'm wrong,yes,it happens,rare,but it does. Heading out,taking to old,but famous motorhome, Wonder what will happen,blow tires?engine fall out again?just quit...
Radar is clear now,

'retarded guitar picker'?? I'm honored that you remember me chasing you!
Olson
6/28/2014 4:51am
plowboy wrote:
We are way overdue for a REAL mudder. Last man standing shit. I'm talking dozers to get out of the pits mudder. Throw your shoes in...
No thats about the right amount of mud.
wwoberg
6/28/2014 5:00am
Not Raining yet.......although looks like it could at any moment.
6/28/2014 5:19am
plowboy wrote:
that just sounds like a normal days racing in england! haha

will make it interesting if its a mudder! not that it hasnt been interesting so far this year anyway but if its a REAL mudder im sure there will be a few guys out there that think they can do better than when its balls out fast perfect conditions!!

cp377 is pretty handy in the mud!!!
4stroke4DWIN
6/28/2014 6:08am
My wife and kids, her friend and kid are driving back from DC, She calls me yesterday and says guess what? We have to drive right by Muddy Creek on our way to the I-40. We're gonna go watch! I was like are you shitting me? I told her she was a shithead and I hoped it was a duck flood all day lol.

Post a reply to: gonna rain tommorrow

The Latest