getting mx bike enduro ready

i'm looking to do a one off enduro on my mx bike has anyone got any tips on getting it enduro legal without spending a fortune? (acu spec if any brit guys have done it)
any help much appreciated!
|
TopJolr
1/10/2018 2:46am
18inch rear wheel, weight the fly wheel. and dont forget the headlight BRO
walleyeguy
1/10/2018 5:02am
https://www.amazon.com/Nestling-Rechargeable-Waterproof-Bicycle-headlam…

We did a 24 hour race in NY a couple years back. We used these. One on the bike and one on our helmet. We use go pro mounts. They worked surprisingly good. Soften up your suspension and get either bibs or tubless system. That's about all we did. We actually didn't change anything with our tires but we delt with a few flats.
MudPup545
1/10/2018 5:07am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2018 5:30am
Hand guards/bark buster's are a must have.
mac3-d
1/10/2018 5:23am
Did a few years ago in Northern Ireland & Southern Ireland , to pass scrutineering you need a proper headlight. I wired mine to a small 6 volt battery fitted in the air box with another leading to a small red light fitted on the rear fender. Both coming through a switch located under the hand grab below seat & in towards the air box. The lights were only needed for scrutiny , so roll up with them switched on. A number plate was needed (I used my forum name) mac3d with black numbers stuck onto yellow background & taped onto rear of mudguard hanging down 2" x4" max, as with most mx bikes they are not insured or taxed for road. Really depends on the organising club. Over here a few police were into bikes & a friendly phone call was all it took for the local branch to keep a low key in the area. All the best , best days out ever ,5 hours on a bike ,brill.
One time I fitted a speedo to my front wheel 71mph for a KX125 taped out in sixth. High speed used very little lower gears would be a good idea if you can gear it down.
Don't go off the line like an idiot most starts are cold so make sure bike is heated up before blasting hard.

The Shop

agn5009
1/10/2018 5:35am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2018 5:37am
Just save yourself time and money and get a KTM.

Sorry, I had to say it. Anyways, handguards, radiator guards, pipe guard, skid plate and headlight are all essential. Large gas tank, flywheel weight, 18 inch rear wheel and tubeliss or mousse bibs are nice too.

Post a reply to: getting mx bike enduro ready

The Latest