germany watered with a hose?

hillbilly
Edited Date/Time 6/22/2015 3:13pm
I saw a long firehose in the grass,that what they use,no truck?

because no access road was seen along the track,be tuff on those hills I guess.

But ,it looked super dangerous the spotty watering on that hard ground.

JH crash was on a mighty wet jump face.
|
philG
6/21/2015 1:36pm
They are all watered with hoses, you can put on what you need where you need it , instead of drowning it and screwing the whole track. MXGP doesnt do water trucks.

6/21/2015 1:45pm
Having my own track and having hoses, thy is easily the best way to water a track!
kkawboy14
6/21/2015 2:11pm
Germany can't afford anything better......they are busy buying up all the land in America and in court foreclosing on Greece!
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
6/21/2015 2:15pm
It was the beer supply line ...

The Shop

Robgvx
6/21/2015 2:24pm
Those damned third world, Southern Hemisphere countries...
hillbilly
6/21/2015 2:50pm
Having my own track and having hoses, thy is easily the best way to water a track!
if you have a rider doing it or someone who cares,

look at that mx2 m1 race and 450 m1 ,the overwatered areas ,which can happen a few ways,,cant drag the hose and stop blowing water in one place, the joint bewteen leaks while laying on a section of track. or just someone who doesnt care to make a landing or takeoff a mud hole.

it had to take seversl men to move thst hose around. Id much ratther have a truck do it, go to LLs and watch the skill of the water trucks,even ,light sprinkle.
moscrop940
6/21/2015 3:15pm
There are actually a few tracks that I have been to that utilize simple garden hoses....I thought it was stupid at first but honestly it made the track fantastic. You don't have some dipshit dad grabbing the hose a putting a corner or the face of a jump under a foot of water....after every few riders the flagger would just mist the jump or corner and it stayed loamy all day.

I think a lot more tracks should utilize that method, not only for ease of use, but you also save a ton on not wasting water
6/21/2015 3:16pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2015 3:16pm
hillbilly wrote:
I saw a long firehose in the grass,that what they use,no truck? because no access road was seen along the track,be tuff on those hills I...

Pala is watered with hoses and it's a great track. But the dirt is different here.
downard254
6/21/2015 4:16pm
I remember Carlsbad in the early 80's was very spotty watering. Not sure how they did it, sprinkler system? But there were dry spots and muddy spots and man they looked slick. Especially with 500's.
ATKpilot99
6/21/2015 5:01pm
philG wrote:
They are all watered with hoses, you can put on what you need where you need it , instead of drowning it and screwing the whole...
They are all watered with hoses, you can put on what you need where you need it , instead of drowning it and screwing the whole track. MXGP doesnt do water trucks.

Because it's impossible to water where and how much you want with a truck.
JustMX
6/21/2015 5:39pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2015 5:39pm
philG wrote:
They are all watered with hoses, you can put on what you need where you need it , instead of drowning it and screwing the whole...

ATKpilot99 wrote:
If you have a truck that is set up for motocross it isn't a problem.

The main thing is not to have a pto driven pump.

Use a pump with it's own engine so water pressure and volume is independent of truck speed or rpm.
hillbilly
6/21/2015 5:49pm
philG wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
your wrong,the trucks used here are magic, justmx drives one a lot.

you cant begin to water a straight away with a hose before one of these trucks waters the entire track,and just like a gentle rain to boot,
captmoto
6/21/2015 5:53pm
Can't water most of the hills at Glen Helen so hoses are used. Hoses are used to touch up between motos so the racing can keep going instead of waiting for a truck. Hoses are used for areas that are hard to reach with the truck Ridiculous to think that a water truck is the end all for track maintenance,
Gringoe
6/21/2015 5:55pm
Did the track seem 100 times smoother than des nations or was that just me..?
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
6/21/2015 5:55pm
hillbilly wrote:
if you have a rider doing it or someone who cares, look at that mx2 m1 race and 450 m1 ,the overwatered areas ,which can happen...
if you have a rider doing it or someone who cares,

look at that mx2 m1 race and 450 m1 ,the overwatered areas ,which can happen a few ways,,cant drag the hose and stop blowing water in one place, the joint bewteen leaks while laying on a section of track. or just someone who doesnt care to make a landing or takeoff a mud hole.

it had to take seversl men to move thst hose around. Id much ratther have a truck do it, go to LLs and watch the skill of the water trucks,even ,light sprinkle.
LL is flat. GP tracks not so much.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
6/21/2015 6:14pm
hillbilly wrote:
I saw a long firehose in the grass,that what they use,no truck? because no access road was seen along the track,be tuff on those hills I...

JH was crashing any way you look at it, had nothing to do with it being wet or dry, he was screwed long before he landed.
ATKpilot99
6/21/2015 7:18pm
philG wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
your wrong,the trucks used here are magic, justmx drives one a lot. you cant begin to water a straight away with a hose before one of...
your wrong,the trucks used here are magic, justmx drives one a lot.

you cant begin to water a straight away with a hose before one of these trucks waters the entire track,and just like a gentle rain to boot,
I was being sarcastic
6/21/2015 7:55pm
taken at Matterley............. these hoses were not the common garden variety & were doing exactly what was required .... the track was superb all weekend

dboivin
6/21/2015 8:03pm
philG wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
evidently you never seen RedBud's water truck, they have a couple of them that are simply amazing works of watering art. all the nozzles are independent and a front fire hose that is direction controlled remotely from the cab.

731chopper
Fantasy
355th
6/21/2015 8:48pm
I have my own track with fire hose stations and every time I get finished watering the track I'm too damn tired to ride. We are in the process of scouting water trucks at the moment. If somebody was doing it for me I'd prefer it done by fire hose though.
Racerx930
6/21/2015 9:39pm

My pto pump went out and needs replaced immediately. I'm curious as to what setup you suggest JustMX? It seems like I've tried just about everything over the years. The gas powered pumps that I've tried on other trucks don't put out enough volume for the Oklahoma heat, I'm dried out by the time I fill the tank again. I like being able to use the throttle to adjust how far I'm spraying with the PTO powered pumps.

JackLHyde
6/22/2015 2:14am
Keep in mind it's common here that the local volunteer fire departments are watering the tracks on racedays with their equipment. I don't know about the supervision, though. Some tracks have a permanent watering system.
JustMX
6/22/2015 5:06am
Racerx930 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/06/21/95321/s1200_orangetruck.jpg[/img] My pto pump went out and needs replaced immediately. I'm curious as to what setup you suggest JustMX? It seems like I've tried just about...

My pto pump went out and needs replaced immediately. I'm curious as to what setup you suggest JustMX? It seems like I've tried just about everything over the years. The gas powered pumps that I've tried on other trucks don't put out enough volume for the Oklahoma heat, I'm dried out by the time I fill the tank again. I like being able to use the throttle to adjust how far I'm spraying with the PTO powered pumps.

Get about a 18 hp vertical shaft engine and hook it up to your pump.

Adjust your throttle to cover the width you need and use your ground speed to adjust the volume.

If you want to get fancier you can rig up a hand throttle or a bypass valve if you have an air system.
hillbilly
6/22/2015 6:28am
we used to race in kentucky and at this track ever flagstand had a hose.

they would bore holes with the hoses and by mid day a local massage expert would have to go to each flagger and work on their arm from cramping with all the crashes they caused.

one lap would be good,next the landing would have rivers of water running down. hated that place.
robkinuk
6/22/2015 6:35am
Track designer Justin Barclay just pisses on the track at Matterley Basin. Rumour he drinks 40 pints a night may be true!Wink

LaughingLaughing
timlake
6/22/2015 6:40am
MXGP tracks are too rough to be able to drive a truck across. It's not like your U.S highway tracks...
Glory
6/22/2015 6:57am
I don't mind watering the track with a hose. But atleast they could have people who know how its work doing the watering? They werent only watering the track with a firehose but there were actual firemen doing it
ga_pike
6/22/2015 7:12am
Glory wrote:
I don't mind watering the track with a hose. But atleast they could have people who know how its work doing the watering? They werent only...
I don't mind watering the track with a hose. But atleast they could have people who know how its work doing the watering? They werent only watering the track with a firehose but there were actual firemen doing it
Yes... shirtless and glistening with sweat... no homo!

Post a reply to: germany watered with a hose?

The Latest